Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Small Team of Fans Creates Iconic Looks to Share with Everyone - Star Trek Online - MMORPG.com

ShelassaShelassa MMORPG.COM Staff UncommonPosts: 616

imageSmall Team of Fans Creates Iconic Looks to Share with Everyone - Star Trek Online - MMORPG.com

Star Trek Online News - A small team of Star Trek Online players has dedicated itself to creating some of the most iconic costumes, including facial features and outfits, from all of the series' major television shows. The costumes were created out of love of the Star Trek IP as well as to share with players who can use them in-game on both characters and bridge officers. There are directions how to do so and a way to request specific costumes via Reddit.

Read the full story here

barasawa

Comments

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    An example of how modding MMOs could get players to do so much more for their game. But it seems finding more things for them to buy is all that occupies gaming studios minds.
    SBFordOctagon7711Blaze_RockerHarikenbarasawaAgent_Joseph
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    I think these are awesome! I <3 them....just too bad I don't play STO. :/
    Scot

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• meonthissitemeonthissite Member UncommonPosts: 917
    These are awesome but the only link that is working is the VOY crew!
  • meonthissitemeonthissite Member UncommonPosts: 917

SBFord said:

I think these are awesome! I <3 them....just too bad I don't play STO. :/

You should it is actually fun and you can visit and take part in events that explain so much from all of the shows! The one thing I love is they go back and make episodes inside the game that pay homage to the lore as well as fill in the blanks with many of the events in all of the series!
    SBFordOctagon7711Scot
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Here are the links (fixed in the article too)

Octagon7711

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• stocostumesstocostumes Member CommonPosts: 4
    edited May 2018
    Thank you for posting! In our excitement we completely left out one of the sets based on the Enterprise TV show:

https://www.reddit.com/r/stocostumes/comments/8m6kst/featured_costumes_enterprise_crew_by_sto_costumes/

Thanks again!
    SBFord
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000

Scot said:

An example of how modding MMOs could get players to do so much more for their game. But it seems finding more things for them to buy is all that occupies gaming studios minds.

I really enjoy the games that have player created quests. Players create the quests and the devs have to review and approve them, win win for adding new content.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• stocostumesstocostumes Member CommonPosts: 4

Scot said:

I really enjoy the games that have player created quests. Players create the quests and the devs have to review and approve them, win win for adding new content.

Minor correction: the devs do not have to approve foundry missions. As soon as a mission is published anyone can play it, but until it gets at least 5 plays it is under a "review" category. After 5 plays it is moved to the normal category.

That said, sometimes devs will pick especially good missions and highlight those in a separate category. So that may be what you are thinking of, but I just wanted to clarify that as a whole missions do not need dev approval before being available to the public =)
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    2 and 3 remind me of that really old and weird 3D animated youtube sensation Nurse Cheryl.

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• DijonCyanideDijonCyanide Member UncommonPosts: 586
    Wow, I cannot convey how well done these all are. Some, I dare say, might be better than their in-game versions. So impressive & thanks for sharing with everyone!
  • kinkyJalepenokinkyJalepeno Member UncommonPosts: 1,044
    I think they certainly look the part...
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    DMKano said:
    I guess I will be that guy - ehm - their facial expressions in the main picture on top of the article look like someone just told them there was cat piss in their breakfast cereal.
    Can you now exit stage left like any proper Star Trek villain would.
  • Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    awesome work but they can't match Miles O'Brian ;TNG,DS9