Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Inn-Side Story #28: Campaigns and Content - Sea of Thieves Videos - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited May 2018 in Videos Discussion

imageInn-Side Story #28: Campaigns and Content - Sea of Thieves Videos - MMORPG.com

The latest Inn-Side Story has been released with Sea of Thieves' Executive Producer Joe Neate and Design Director Mike Chapman. In this episode, the pair discuss the upcoming content expansion, The Hungering Deep, as well as future plans for new features, campaigns and new ways to play.

Read the full story here

Comments

• NathanPenetrationNathanPenetration Member UncommonPosts: 26
    Does anyone play this anymore? it sounded like this year's No Man's Sky with the level of disappointment in regards to the content and gameplay.
    LeFantomeSoki123CryolitycalAtrayo
  • VoidfarerVoidfarer Member UncommonPosts: 178
    Yea! All the idiots have moved on leaving just the best players lol
    Soki123CryolitycalMikeha
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    So how much content is coming in the content addition expansion?
  • Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558

Does anyone play this anymore? it sounded like this year's No Man's Sky with the level of disappointment in regards to the content and gameplay.

Many people play it, just the ones that don t read the same re hashed crap and think it s real. If you logged into the game you would know it s very busy and fun as hell.
    F2Plague
  • LeFantomeLeFantome Member RarePosts: 691

Soki123 said:

Many people play it, just the ones that don t read the same re hashed crap and think it s real. If you logged into the game you would know it s very busy and fun as hell.

Prove it.
    F2PlagueSoki123

LeFantome said:

Soki123 said:

Prove it.

Lol, whats there to prove? Game is fun and I wait maybe 10 seconds to get a group? Nothing else to say.
  • F2PlagueF2Plague Member UncommonPosts: 232

Soki123 said:

Sorry, but the vast majority of people would disagree with you.

I am sure that it is easy to get a group. The game is free on console with xbox game pass.
    And they are literally giving away free copies for 3 months of xbox gold.
    Which means you are playing with 12 year old console players.

Which is 100% the target demographic for this game as it has no meaningful game play whatsoever.
    Its an arcade game with 0 progression and 0 point. Even the PVP is pointless and empty.

But hey! If you enjoy it, great. Who am I to rain on your parade?
    Soki123Mikeha
    edited May 2018
    F2Plague said:

Soki123 said:

I am sure that it is easy to get a group. The game is free on console with xbox game pass.

Which is 100% the target demographic for this game as it has no meaningful game play whatsoever.
    Its an arcade game with 0 progression and 0 point. Even the PVP is pointless and empty.

Majority of forum dwellers, sure. That is a small, small, small percentage of players. I can tell you don t play it , so your opinion is nothing. On top of that the majority of players are not pre pubescent little kids. As I said you have no idea because you don t play it. Oh I can tell.
    Post edited by Soki123 on
    LeFantomeLazarus71
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    edited May 2018
    So glad that they know some people just want to just be immersed in the world with a sense of story and they are going to work toward that.

Still playing and having a blast and this is just the beginning. Hungering Deep here we come!

LMAO haters, everything is working as intended. We have to keep you all on the forums and out of our games.
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Again, critical reception along with aggregated user reviews disagree this is an excellent game.  It's a game with potential that feels like it should've been baked a little longer (more content added), from the reviews I've read.

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    Mikeha said:
    So glad that they know some people just want to just be immersed in the world with a sense of story and they are going to work toward that.

Still playing and having a blast and this is just the beginning. Hungering Deep here we come!

LMAO haters, everything is working as intended. We have to keep you all on the forums and out of our games.
    I am glad I saved $60 to stay out of what you call a game.

Again, critical reception along with aggregated user reviews disagree this is an excellent game.  It's a game with potential that feels like it should've been baked a little longer (more content added), from the reviews I've read.

Ah yes someone else who doesn t play giving their opinion.
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Asheram said:
    Mikeha said:

I am glad I saved $60 to stay out of what you call a game.

That makes 2 of us. 

Keep the forums warm for us. ;)
  • KatillaKatilla Member UncommonPosts: 829

Voidfarer said:

Yea! All the idiots have moved on leaving just the best players lol

i stopped playing because of 12 year old yelling into their mics all the time.
  • LeFantomeLeFantome Member RarePosts: 691
    edited May 2018

Soki123 said:

F2Plague said:

Soki123 said:

Majority of forum dwellers, sure. That is a small, small, small percentage of players. I can tell you don t play it , so your opinion is nothing.

On top of that the majority of players are not pre pubescent
    little kids. As I said you have no idea because you don t play it. Oh I can tell.

You know nothing about others. You presume..as I could presume that you don't play either.
    You have no idea how the game is, you really don't.
    If you were playing as you said.. you would know the game lost A LOT of players in the first 2 months.

As I just log 2 hours ago and guess what, it was almost empty.
    Why do you think , the devs are working so hard at content?? Because they know what's going on.
    They sure don't presume.

Have fun reading this. That comes from the official forum..
    https://www.seaofthieves.com/forum/topic/49399/is-the-player-base-dying-fast/3

https://www.mweb.co.za/games/view/tabid/4210/Article/32341/Sea-of-Thieves-reportedly-lost-half-of-its-player-base-after-Xbox-Game-Pass-fre.aspx
    Nepheth

• joeri123joeri123 Member UncommonPosts: 247
    That video was filled with nothing but general talk. Rip out the name of the game and you can apply this video to any game. Enrich enrich enrich... lmao
    LeFantome
  • Grunt350Grunt350 Member UncommonPosts: 57
    if this is the best that Rare can do. I'm worried that microsoft decide to shut down Rare, after all they haven t been showing signs of improve over the years.
    LeFantomeAtrayo

LeFantome said:

Soki123 said:

F2Plague said:

Soki123 said:

Majority of forum dwellers, sure. That is a small, small, small percentage of players. I can tell you don t play it , so your opinion is nothing.

On top of that the majority of players are not pre pubescent

little kids. As I said you have no idea because you don t play it. Oh I can tell.

You know nothing about others. You presume..as I could presume that you don't play either.

You have no idea how the game is, you really don't.

If you were playing as you said.. you would know the game lost A LOT of players in the first 2 months.

As I just log 2 hours ago and guess what, it was almost empty.

Why do you think , the devs are working so hard at content?? Because they know what's going on.

They sure don't presume.

Have fun reading this. That comes from the official forum..
    https://www.seaofthieves.com/forum/topic/49399/is-the-player-base-dying-fast/3

https://www.mweb.co.za/games/view/tabid/4210/Article/32341/Sea-of-Thieves-reportedly-lost-half-of-its-player-base-after-Xbox-Game-Pass-fre.aspx

On the first point , it stil means nothing as I who play the game daily never wait for a galleon group fro a long period of time, and see ships all the time. So yes I play and it s still busy. Forum trolls just blah blah blahing again over there.
    On the second point, it might have lost 1/2 the players, but keep in mind it had a shit ton to start. Half a shit ton is still a lot.
    I play the game enough to know it s still very very popular.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited May 2018
    Wow just wow,that video was some serious VAGUE rambling to say nothing,so we can expect like the release,their content updates will be crap.

Selling a ton of copies on release means nothing now a days,millions of BORED gamer's are buying up all kinds of crap,proven with millions being spent on unfinished kickstarters.

Right now the trends are disturbing,all the popular games are crappy LESS effort,low budget games.
    I could meander the entire list of popular Twitch games and still come away not wanting to play any of them.
    I am not saying you as a gamer can't have FUN or shouldn't have fun but i do NOT like seeing this game make a single dime,it is THAT cheap of an effort and at 60 bucks,highway robbery.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,067
    So they lost a lot of players. Not surprised about that.
    Chamber of Chains
  • zenomexzenomex Member UncommonPosts: 242
    This site is an echochamber