Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LF Fun, Casual game i can play with my friends

A1D3NA1D3N Member UncommonPosts: 276
hi guys,

i am looking for a fun casual game i can play with my friends, doesnt have to be pvp, but i do like pvp aswell, just needs to be fun where we can play together, nothing too indepth, i used to play BDO and it took over my life because there was so much to do, just something abit more casual.

cheers :)

Currently Playing:
...... :(

Comments

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    edited March 2018
    Your choices make a game casual or not.  It's up to you to stop playing a game so you can do something else.  If you set a time limit and then you get to that limit and say to yourself 'Well, times up, so I'll only play for another hour.' and you end up not walking away for another four hours then you've chosen to not play casually.  

Set a time limit and shut the game down at the end of that time.  That is how you play casually. Telling yourself 'just one more quest' or 'just 40 more Gorflaxen ulnas' is not playing casually.
    KyleranA1D3N
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    I recommend ESO. 
    Scorchien

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373
    Final Fantasy 14, Secret World Legends, Guild Wars 2, Star Wars The Old Republic, Diablo 3  

I agree with the choices you make making any game casual.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    I would say:

Guild Wars 2
    Left4dead/Left4Dead 2 (these are extremely fun with friends)
    Overwatch
    Diablo 3

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    WoW is casual
  • UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530
    A1D3N said:
    hi guys,

i am looking for a fun casual game i can play with my friends, doesnt have to be pvp, but i do like pvp aswell, just needs to be fun where we can play together, nothing too indepth, i used to play BDO and it took over my life because there was so much to do, just something abit more casual.

cheers :)
    I personally am starting to love MOBA's for that "Casual Group" type of stuff. It's fast paced games, that are over quick, and I can walk away at any time without the need to feel like I need to play "just one more match"

I hate BDO's UI.. Just FYI, and that UI is the only thing stopping that game from sucking my life away.. 
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• SmirSmir Member UncommonPosts: 8
    Yeah we starting to play Hots more, and mixing it with a bit of pubg, wow is just bad, never have been able to get into it.

Smir - Legend of Mir

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Kyleran said:
    I recommend ESO. 
    I agree with ESO , its about as casual as a game can get
  • Pr3sid3ntSkr00bPr3sid3ntSkr00b Member UncommonPosts: 53
    I've heard good things about vermentide 2.  Could be a solid game to play w a small group of friends. 
  • Sid_ViciousSid_Vicious Member RarePosts: 2,177
    edited April 2018
    Darkfall New Dawn just launched and is extremely group-based... everything in the game is crafted, for example... everyone's build is unique (if you choose to craft in some way it really makes a difference to others).

Its casual friendly for sure as you only need to play at the most 10 hours a week or so to keep your offline skill gain going constantly. By playing the game all day every day you do not really get ahead skill-wise, but would benefit from gathered mats and loot. Just need to stay subbed and earn mediation points (6k for every day you are not playing which is EASY to get). 6k can be easily obtained by a solo player AT THE VERY LEAST ONE HOUR. A new character gains offline meditation skill points VERY easily so the first month or two will be covered without any effort... beyond that its about 10 hours a week. Usually every time I play it pays for 4-8 days of offline skill gain and seems that I almost level up faster while offline.

The world is absolutely HUGE and there are so many options for what to do... mounted combat, naval combat, explore the seas and kill kraken or ice dragon, conquer sea towers, build player city or take it from another clan, dozens of dungeons, biggest world I know of without instances, kill dragons or devils among other mob bosses, housing and competition over village tax lordship, regular mob farming for crafting mats or money to buy things from player controlled economy, GM and player events (mobs can be controlled by GMs).

PVP is best out there, hands-down... you can transport goods to make money (banking is localized much like EVE online) or go raid others who are transporting goods. There are ships and tanks and other siege equipment... its a twich-based game with bunny-hopping capabilities (very nerfed lately though) and loads of fun. Really gives an adrenaline rush when PVP happens because its not as often as you would think and the winner gets to loot everything left behind (although they rarely do unless they use saddlebags and mounts or something... theres a factor of weight to deal with).

Although its a PVP game with full-loot and possible danger everywhere, honestly the PVE is almost always safe unless you choose to go to more dangerous areas for more PVP encounters. For the most part, you will find none unless you look for it or know where to go. Technically nowhere is 100% safe though. Its impossible to be spawn-camped or anything like that.

Try it out! Game has everything... not everyone's cup of tea but best MMORPG out there right now imo.

So basically you just need to be subbed to the game and play when you can to develop an endgame toon in a few months.

NEWS FLASH! "A bank was robbed the other day and a man opened fire on the customers being held hostage. One customer zig-zag sprinted until he found cover. When questioned later he explained that he was a hardcore gamer and knew just what to do!" Download my music for free! I release several albums per month as part of project "Thee Untitled" . .. some video game music remixes and cover songs done with instruments in there as well! http://theeuntitled.bandcamp.com/ Check out my roleplaying blog, collection of fictional short stories, and fantasy series... updated on a blog for now until I am finished! https://childrenfromtheheavensbelow.blogspot.com/ Watch me game on occasion or make music... https://www.twitch.tv/spoontheeuntitled and subscribe! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvqULn678VrF3OasgnbsyA

• Will_AlterWill_Alter Member CommonPosts: 6
    Join ENFORCERS and create the most respected criminal family in the world. Build your own criminal empire, start a family, and become the very best! www.enforcers.zone
  • CaptainblackjackCaptainblackjack Member CommonPosts: 7
    Guild Wars 2 is a great game, I enjoyed my time playing it.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    Scorchien said:
    Kyleran said:
    I recommend ESO. 
    I agree with ESO , its about as casual as a game can get
    That scares me away more than entices!