Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Game Critic John 'Totalbiscuit' Bain Passes Away - MMORPG.com News

Comments

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    Aeander said:

redcore said:

i just laugh hard when i see "my prayers to..." stop talking crap people. you never pray for anyone. btw prayers never help - so you are not helping either

It sad such ignorance, intolerance, hatred and bigotry is so common and accepted today. It's a shame this site has allowed this ignorant, intolerant ,bigotry to stay on this site so long. I am sure I can guess what side of the aisle this intolerant prick sits on.

On topic I am not afraid of bullies like @redcore even if sites like this encourage and allow people like him to spew their hatred.  I will offer my thoughts and prayers to "totalbiscuits" family and friends.  You know what Red I am even going to throw a prayer your way. 
    He's right though. Prayers do nothing. They're a nice gesture. They show sympathy. I would never criticize someone for offering them. But they do nothing. There are no gods to respond, and they certainly do not care. 
    This isn't the site to educate ignorant, intolerant bigots but I'll play.

According to science something can't come from nothing.  

If you want to believe earth was created by chance that's fine but even science knows that's not possible.  

84% of the world's population still believes in a higher power no matter how much ignorant,  intolerant bigots wants to mock those who believe.  
    I'm the intolerant bigot? Last time I checked, I was polite and you insulted me. Religious bigotry is absolutely real, but 90% of the time, it comes from the religious. Atheists are THE most persecuted group throughout human history, across most cultures. Hell, I personally lost the first love of my life because of religious bigotry from her family. Don't talk to me about bigotry, you cretin.

And 84% of the world is wrong. There have been thousands of gods throughout human history. Nothing makes yours more credible than the others. Religion is a matter of having or not having faith, not science, end of story.
    bartoni33MadFrenchieGorweFangrim
  • FrozenyearroundFrozenyearround Member UncommonPosts: 155
    jonp200 said:
    Aeander said:

redcore said:

i just laugh hard when i see "my prayers to..." stop talking crap people. you never pray for anyone. btw prayers never help - so you are not helping either

It sad such ignorance, intolerance, hatred and bigotry is so common and accepted today. It's a shame this site has allowed this ignorant, intolerant ,bigotry to stay on this site so long. I am sure I can guess what side of the aisle this intolerant prick sits on.

On topic I am not afraid of bullies like @redcore even if sites like this encourage and allow people like him to spew their hatred.  I will offer my thoughts and prayers to "totalbiscuits" family and friends.  You know what Red I am even going to throw a prayer your way. 
    He's right though. Prayers do nothing. They're a nice gesture. They show sympathy. I would never criticize someone for offering them. But they do nothing. There are no gods to respond, and they certainly do not care. 

If you want to believe earth was created by chance that's fine but even science knows that's not possible.  

84% of the world's population still believes in a higher power no matter how much ignorant,  intolerant bigots wants to mock those who believe.  
    According to science, the universe sprang into existence from nothing....with a big bang.... :)
    According to science the big bang defeats all known physics and cant scientifically be explained. :) 
    AeanderCelcius
    Aeander said:
    Aeander said:

redcore said:

I'm the intolerant bigot? Last time I checked, I was polite and you insulted me. Religious bigotry is absolutely real, but 90% of the time, it comes from the religious. Atheists are THE most persecuted group throughout human history, across most cultures. Hell, I personally lost the first love of my life because of religious bigotry from her family. Don't talk to me about bigotry, you cretin.

And 84% of the world is wrong. There have been thousands of gods throughout human history. Nothing makes yours more credible than the others. Religion is a matter of having or not having faith, not science, end of story.
    Yeah it's not the end of the story but like I said this isn't the forum for this conversation.  And no 84% are not wrong.  It's amazing how those like you who don't believe in something claim to know so much and exactly how something you don't believe in impacts people's lives who actually believe.  

Been fun but I'm off to work.  I'll pray you can find peace after losing the "love of your life".

Aeander
  • GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308
    this tweet by TB himself didn't age well https://i.imgur.com/QPhxQ1R.jpg

That Seanza guy responded to people bringing up that tweet you posted here if you didn't see it.
    Celciusbartoni33
    jonp200 said:
    Aeander said:

redcore said:

According to science, the universe sprang into existence from nothing....with a big bang.... :)
    According to science the big bang defeats all known physics and cant scientifically be explained. :) 
    No scientist has ever said that. The bounds of known science are limited by human intelligence, current technology, and the resources available to scientists. All of these rapidly increase with time, expanding our understanding of the world and greater universe around us with each passing advance in technology.

The difference between science and religion is that religion says "we don't know so it must be this," while science says "we don't know, so let's find out." Religion has a set idea, which never changes and is not open to change. Science is open to change when our existing understanding of the world is confirmed, elaborated on, or denied by new discoveries.

Science has given us every technological advancement of human history, greatly expanding our comfort, entertainment, production, lifespan, medicine, and way of life. Religion - or accepting one answer and one way of life as all there is - has only held this back.
    Ghavriggbartoni33MadFrenchieGorweFangrim
    DMKano said:
    Aeander said:

redcore said:

Science doesnt have all the answers, but the answers it has are usually verifiable and backed up by evidence and peer review.

Science absolutely supports chance as a possibility - not sure where you are concluding that this is not possible.

84% people can be dead wrong, that doesnt mean anything.

People believe in things that are comforting and make life more bearable, because reality has zero comforts and is a tough pill to swallow.

The fairy tale is much easier to embrace.
    That's fine I am very aware being intolerant, ignorant, hateful and a bigot towards religion today is cool and hip and allowed on most social media and apparently video game sites. 

I get a small percent of the population of the world is desperate to feel included and collect upvotes so they ridicule, spew hatred, call things fairy tales so they can those life saving upvotes.  But a lot of science supports a high power, for Christians the bible is one of the most historically accurate books to ever exist.  

Again if you want to just live life because of chance that's cool I'm not going to attack you I'll just call you out when you show intolerance and bigotry towards those you disagree with.  
    Aeander
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    VestigeGamerxmentyGobstopper3D
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

thunderC said:
    Atheists don't go door to door to spread the good news. There isn't an atheist church on every other street corner.
    [Deleted User]Panther2103bartoni33MadFrenchieGorwe
    edited May 2018
    Aeander said:
    jonp200 said:
    Aeander said:

redcore said:

No scientist has ever said that. The bounds of known science are limited by human intelligence, current technology, and the resources available to scientists. All of these rapidly increase with time, expanding our understanding of the world and greater universe around us with each passing advance in technology.

The difference between science and religion is that religion says "we don't know so it must be this," while science says "we don't know, so let's find out." Religion has a set idea, which never changes and is not open to change. Science is open to change when our existing understanding of the world is confirmed, elaborated on, or denied by new discoveries.

Science has given us every technological advancement of human history, greatly expanding our comfort, entertainment, production, lifespan, medicine, and way of life. Religion - or accepting one answer and one way of life as all there is - has only held this back.
    Actually a common understanding of science agrees the big bang  violates the first law of thermodynamics, which says you can't create or destroy matter or energy. This claims that the big bang theory suggests the universe began out of nothing which is scientifically impossible.  

The formation of stars and galacies violates the law of entropy, which suggests systems of change become less organized over time. But if you view the early universe as completely homogeneous and isotropic, then the current universe shows signs of obeying the law of entropy.

The early inflationary period of the big bang appears to violate the rule that nothing can travel faster than the speed of light.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    I loved TB's reviews, and his WTF Is... Series. He will be missed. RIP.
    Aeander said:
    jonp200 said:
    Aeander said:

redcore said:

Actually a common understanding of science agrees the big bang  violates the first law of thermodynamics, which says you can't create or destroy matter or energy. This claims that the big bang theory suggests the universe began out of nothing which is scientifically impossible.  

The formation of stars and galacies violates the law of entropy, which suggests systems of change become less organized over time. But if you view the early universe as completely homogeneous and isotropic, then the current universe shows signs of obeying the law of entropy.

The early inflationary period of the big bang appears to violate the rule that nothing can travel faster than the speed of light.

For someone who said this isn't the place for this discussion, you're doing a bad job of letting it die.
    Gobstopper3D
    edited May 2018
    Aeander said:
    thunderC said:
    Atheists don't go door to door to spread the good news. There isn't an atheist church on every other street corner.
    Nope the Atheist  "church" is called many different names.  Twitter, Facebook,  reddit, gaming forums to name a few.  If you type the word "prayer" or anything positive about religion on those platform's the horde will come and get you which is being wonderfully displayed here. 

Not many religious organizations go door to door if you want to be honest btw. 
    MadFrenchieAeanderJeffSpicoli
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Scot said:
    I do wonder when we look at the posts on here if some of the comments reflect the youth of the posters. Once you have had something like this happen to someone who is close to you, the idea of having a joke or being derogatory about death for someone wears rather thin.

Anyway, may he rest in peace.
    Death makes some people nervous,  so they joke about lacking anything proper to say.

Silence would be a better option.

I will pray for his family, its just what I do.

;)
    JeffSpicoliScotVestigeGamer

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Ghavrigg said:
    Aeander said:
    jonp200 said:
    Aeander said:

redcore said:

For someone who said this isn't the place for this discussion, you're doing a bad job of letting it die.
    I don't want to be rude and not reply to a person who took the time to reply to me.  Is that ok? 
    edited May 2018
    Aeander said:
    thunderC said:
    Nope the Atheist  "church" is called many different names.  Twitter, Facebook,  reddit, gaming forums to name a few.  If you type the word "prayer" or anything positive about religion on those platform's the horde will come and get you which is being wonderfully displayed here. 

Not many religious organizations go door to door if you want to be honest btw. 
    You are just getting ridiculous at this point.

Social media is a place to express oneself in all forms. It is open to all forms of communication. 

I can open up my Facebook feed at any given moment and find dozens of prayers, religious posts, and even outright attacks on atheists. Of these, exactly none are addressed or attacked by atheists. I live in the rural south. That's just the way of life and I expect it at this point.

The only time atheists get in a word is in anonymous settings or settings in which those being argued with are irrelevant to their lives. That's because we're a private group of people who are well accustomed to being talked down to or outright scorned by our own families and peers. 

Hint - if you seek out argument, you're going to find it. Social groups are typically insular and unlikely to interact with eachother because humans don't typically desire conflict. 
    edited May 2018
    Ghavrigg said:
    Aeander said:
    jonp200 said:
    Aeander said:

redcore said:

I don't want to be rude and not reply to a person who took the time to reply to me.  Is that ok? 
    Ok, I'll allow it. But only because you have others' best interests in mind, and because I have no authority here.
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Just keep on topic folks. If you want to talk outside the scope of this man's death, do so in PM or elsewhere. Thanks.
    bartoni33

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999
    He paved the way for a lot of other commentators.

He is missed greatly :(

RIP TB and FU, cancer.
    SBFordAeanderPanther2103Octagon7711rojoArcueid[Deleted User]QSatu

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Even in those times when i fully disagreed with his personal opinion i kept watching his videos for his critical views on the gaming industry. That's how insightful his content was.

Condolences to their family and close friends.
    Rest in Peace, John Bain.
    SBFordOctagon7711Sovrath[Deleted User][Deleted User]Iselin

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Watched pretty much every Co-optional Podcast, i didn't always agree with him about whether a game was good or not, but at least he was honest in his reviews. Hard to imagine the podcast without him. 
    RIP. Far, far too young to go. :'(

rojoArcueid[Deleted User]TacticalZombeh
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    Honestly I deeply disliked the man, but I certainly never wanted anything like this to happen. My condolences to his friends, family, and fans.
    One of many reasons I disliked him... On the plus side, his wife no longer has to worry about him shrieking at her on live stream because she didn't vote the way he wanted her to.
    Yeah, I remember that.

Here is the Tweet about it that his wife posted  post-meltdown

TB verbally abused her and had an epic and amazingly hilarious PUBLIC meltdown.
    catofmany

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    Honestly I deeply disliked the man, but I certainly never wanted anything like this to happen. My condolences to his friends, family, and fans.
    One of many reasons I disliked him... On the plus side, his wife no longer has to worry about him shrieking at her on live stream because she didn't vote the way he wanted her to.
    Yeah, I remember that.

Here is the Tweet about it that his wife posted  post-meltdown

TB verbally abused her and had an epic and amazingly hilarious PUBLIC meltdown.
    That's a shame, I never watched a video of his that was anything but professional. Then again, I didn't follow him every day/week.

Are there any streamers who are actually professional or is the whole activity populated with man/boys or their female equivalent.

I really hope she didn't put up with that crap.

Still terrible that someone had to suffer like that.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    edited May 2018
    And this is why I wish more people kept their personal lives personal. Deal with the issue with your family and support group, not the world at large. 

Honestly, these are things none of us had any business knowing unless we had a personal relationship with one or both of them.

Still, dredging it up now in the face of her beautiful tribute to him is tawdry and inappropriate. I am sure he faced many of his demons as one does when facing catastrophic illness and imminent death, things we are obviously not privy to.

MadFrenchiebartoni33CazrielcraftseekerGobstopper3D

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    edited May 2018
    SBFord said:
    And this is why I wish more people kept their thoughts and feelings about politics and their personal lives personal. Deal with the issue with your family and support group, not the world at large. 

Honestly, these are things none of us had any business knowing unless we had a personal relationship with one or both of them.

Still, dredging it up now in the face of her beautiful tribute to him is tawdry and inappropriate. I am sure he faced many of his demons as one does when facing catastrophic illness and imminent death, things we are obviously not privy to.

If I verbally abused my wife, even if it wasnt physical (but actually bullying in the court of law is a punishable sentence in the US, but I dunno how they were off livestreams. If he blew up that much in public, it doesn't take much guessing what their relationship was like in private), and especially if it was public...I'd hope people wouldn't paint me as a saint in death and tell the truth who I really was, warts and all.

If I was a piece of shit in real life, that is how I expect to be treated in death.

Just because someone died, doesn't make them suddenly immune to criticism. Otherwise everyone would say every women abuser, murderer and dictator ever in the world were saints just because they died.
    catofmanyAeandergoozmaniacraftseekerGhavrigg

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

edited May 2018
    SBFord said:
    And this is why I wish more people kept their thoughts and feelings about politics and their personal lives personal. Deal with the issue with your family and support group, not the world at large. 

If I verbally abused my wife, even if it wasnt physical (but actually bullying in the court of law is a punishable sentence in the US), and especially if it was public...I'd hope people wouldn't paint me as a saint in death and tell the truth who I really was, warts and all. if I was a piece of shit in real life, that is how I expect to be treated in death.

Just because someone died, doesn't make them suddenly immune to criticism. Otherwise everyone would say every women abuser, murderer and dictator ever in the world were saints just because they died.
    Of course not, but it can wait a day or two? *shrugs* I'm old fashioned that way and hate this virtual exhibitionism that is so rampant any more. He's gone and what's done is done. I believe in endings.
    Phaserlightbartoni33cheyanecraftseeker

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

This discussion has been closed.