Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com : General : The Bard's Tale 4: Barrows Deep Full Demo Walkthrough & Preorder Info

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited May 2018 in Videos Discussion

imageMMORPG.com : General : The Bard's Tale 4: Barrows Deep Full Demo Walkthrough & Preorder Info

MMORPG.com is the leading destination for MMORPG games, news and exclusive coverage of the MMO gaming space. Our free MMO games list and discussion forums are the best site for gamers in search of a gaming community.

Read the full story here

Comments

• timeraidertimeraider Member UncommonPosts: 865
    edited May 2018
    Interesting. 35 dollar is a bit much for just alpha acces ( 75 -> 110) but guess there surely are some people willing to help them support/develop the game even more. The game itself does look really sweet. Going on my wishlist :P
    Ashes of Creation Referral link - Help me to help you!
    https://ashesofcreation.com/r/Y4U3PQCASUPJ5SED
  • ultimateduckultimateduck Member EpicPosts: 1,269
    I loved this game!
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Such a great series , IV is looking like it will live up to the Bards Tale level of immersion and and tactical depth of its predecessors ... Cant wait..
    [Deleted User]
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    I backed this on Kickstarter looking forward to the game. Very fond memories of this series. 
    I've never played the series but I always liked the idea of the series so I backed this.

Point of note, this is another example of a backed game that will launch. Kickstarter games do launch one just has to learn what to look for as far as what is offered.

[Deleted User]Oyjord
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    Its hard to take something from the 80's and make it good. Wasteland 2 was okay but the gameplay felt very unbalanced, I hope they can do better with this one.

Already kickstarted this one and wasteland 3 since they would have to completely screw this one up for me not to play it.
    Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    I backed this on Kickstarter looking forward to the game. Very fond memories of this series. 
    Same here!  I even got copies of the earlier games plus a free copy of Wasteland 2
    All for $20

Kickstarter's work MUCH better for these types of games than MMORPGs
    Scorchien[Deleted User]Oyjordinfomatz

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    hopefully this erases everything they ruined with that last game "The Bard's Tale"
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    Is there a third person view? Inquisitive minds are inquiring.

• ultimateduckultimateduck Member EpicPosts: 1,269
    Does anyone know what phase they are in (pre-alpha, beta) and when the actual release date is?
  • SamhaelSamhael Member RarePosts: 1,498
    edited May 2018
    Hrmmm... I loved 1 & 2. Never even heard about 3.
    I'd be all over this but the combat section of the video was hard to watch. The bard's main abilities seem to require that she be an alcoholic to use. But that wasn't even the showstopper... the squares of the tactical map were hard to see. Splitting combat points over all characters didn't make logical sense either. If a character should get a move turn in the round, it really shouldn't matter how much else someone on their team got to move, right? I know, putting too much thought into this. I just wish the devs had done a little more. Right now, I'm thinking I'll pass. But post-launch reviews might convince me otherwise.
  • blamo2000blamo2000 Member RarePosts: 1,130

kitarad said:

Blobbers are never anything but first person. Your party moves as a "blob." A graphical representation of your party would make it not a blobber. For movement at least, Wiz7 had a radar for party positioning during combat, and some blobbers, like the GoldBox Engine games including Buck Rogers, and The Realms of Arcania series, switch from first person to an overhead/isometric toppish down view. I know isometric has a specific definition and I'm outside of it probably, but by that I mean any slanted, overhead type fixed view.
    infomatz
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    This is looking great... can't wait.
    Scorchien
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

If anyone is interested while we wait , this is an excellent .. Bards Tale like .. game very well done ..

Excellent game if you like that kind of gameplay

[Deleted User]
    DMKano said:

Scorchien said:

If anyone is interested while we wait , this is an excellent .. Bards Tale like .. game very well done ..

Excellent game if you like that kind of gameplay

This is a really really good game. Great suggestion
    I really liked it Kano , was thinking of playing thru again .. But .. time ... ughh
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    blamo2000 said:

kitarad said:

Blobbers are never anything but first person. Your party moves as a "blob." A graphical representation of your party would make it not a blobber. For movement at least, Wiz7 had a radar for party positioning during combat, and some blobbers, like the GoldBox Engine games including Buck Rogers, and The Realms of Arcania series, switch from first person to an overhead/isometric toppish down view. I know isometric has a specific definition and I'm outside of it probably, but by that I mean any slanted, overhead type fixed view.
    Overhead also works I hope then.
    Chamber of Chains
  • blamo2000blamo2000 Member RarePosts: 1,130
    Some other great, recent blobbers are Grimoire: Herald of the Winged Templar (or something like that, like a Wizardry 7 part 2 more than Wiz8) Might & Magic X (more like WoX than 6-8 or 9), and the first two remakes of the Realms of Arkania Trilogy (first remake was very buggy when released, but was patched into being better with far more functionality than the original with lots of new content, same with the second remake).  And S&S: Underworld as mentioned above. 

For more 80's inspired blobbers there are a good amount that came out on handhelds that are now on Steam such as Generation Xth series (well, these were on PC first before being handhelds, but the Steam versions are the handheld versions, not the PC versions), Elminage (Gothic and Original), and Strangers of Sword City.  

StarCrawler is a sci-fi blobber with a space-port hub to pick up missions.  Its a decent game, but a little rpg-lite.  As the only pure sci-fi blobber I can think of this century it is worth checking out if you like sci-fi and blobbers and don't mind mission based games.