Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pantheon, what are you expecting ?

Comments

• shassellshassell Member UncommonPosts: 105
    Scorchien said:
    Im expecting 35% EQ and 65% Vanguard ............... Should be great
    Yes please.
  • WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464
    Scorchien said:
    Im expecting 35% EQ and 65% Vanguard ............... Should be great
    Personally, I'd prefer the reverse of those percentages.

And then taking into account new stuff....

70% x (65% EQ and 35% Vanguard) + 30% x New Mechanics
    --------------------------------------------
  • RasiemRasiem Member UncommonPosts: 318
    DMKano said:
    Expecting a rehash of vanilla EQ1 - a good rehash at that.
    Glad to hear your looking forward to something Kano that gets me exited.
    MrMelGibson
  • MaumossMaumoss Member UncommonPosts: 3
    DMKano said:

This ^, which is a good thing in my book.  I'm hoping for a little nostalgia - probably hoping a bit much, but I've been searching since EQ.
  • delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    Maumoss said:
    DMKano said:

This ^, which is a good thing in my book.  I'm hoping for a little nostalgia - probably hoping a bit much, but I've been searching since EQ.
    I think I would love a rehash of EQ1 also.  I only played P1999 briefly and loved the concept of first gen mmoprg's and began making friends.  Unfortunately everything about it showed it's age. 

- Dated communication and chat network.  THIS WAS THE BIG ONE FOR ME ! 
    - Dated UI
    - Because graphics were so old, it was very hard to navigate cities and the world. 

Obviously "all" my problems will be solved with a revised edition, making this game everything I want :) 
  • TEKK3NTEKK3N Member RarePosts: 1,115

70% x (65% EQ and 35% Vanguard) + 30% x New Mechanics
    I am expecting this too.
    I really want more EQ than any other game, but I also want some novelty even if not completely original.
  • Nightbringe1Nightbringe1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,335
    edited June 2018
    Sovrath said:
    Kyleran said:
    Naw, I'd rather they design it for players willing to spend a bit more on their rigs, and not cater to the lowest common denominator. 

The masses are never going to flock to this game, but those really interested will more than likely make the effort to make sure their PCs can handle it.

Sorry to disappoint, but if I have to upgrade three computers, I won't be playing.

Right now Rift is about the upper limit on what my computers can handle. If Pantheon takes much more than that, It won't happen for me.

Is it really reasonable to expect an old computer to play games launched "today"?

So if Rift launched in 2011, that's 7 years ago. Pantheon will launch in 2 years?

So running a game on 9 year old equipment is asking a lot. Even if it isn't trying to be Black Desert quality graphics.

My computers are not old, they just are not "gaming" rigs. They are ~$500 laptops from Best Buy.

Last time I purchased computers, I looked at what I use them for and the requirements to do so. Nearly all of my computer gaming is EQ1, EQ2, Rifts, GW2, etc. All of those titles run perfectly well on my family's computers. The newest is ~6 months old, the oldest ~4 years.

Upgrading all three of them to play one game would run me between $2400 - $3000. There is no way I can justify that.

Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.
    Benjamin Franklin

• SubilacSubilac Member UncommonPosts: 49
    I think my hopes are a bit too high for this game, but we'll see. I still hold every MMO I play to EQ standards. I am currently playing Path of Exile and weirdly love it because you lose experience when dying. 
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Nothing, I hope I'm not still disappointed
  • svannsvann Member RarePosts: 2,230
    Sovrath said:
    Kyleran said:
    Naw, I'd rather they design it for players willing to spend a bit more on their rigs, and not cater to the lowest common denominator. 

The masses are never going to flock to this game, but those really interested will more than likely make the effort to make sure their PCs can handle it.

Sorry to disappoint, but if I have to upgrade three computers, I won't be playing.

Right now Rift is about the upper limit on what my computers can handle. If Pantheon takes much more than that, It won't happen for me.

Is it really reasonable to expect an old computer to play games launched "today"?

So if Rift launched in 2011, that's 7 years ago. Pantheon will launch in 2 years?

So running a game on 9 year old equipment is asking a lot. Even if it isn't trying to be Black Desert quality graphics.

My computers are not old, they just are not "gaming" rigs. They are ~$500 laptops from Best Buy.

Last time I purchased computers, I looked at what I use them for and the requirements to do so. Nearly all of my computer gaming is EQ1, EQ2, Rifts, GW2, etc. All of those titles run perfectly well on my family's computers. The newest is ~6 months old, the oldest ~4 years.

Upgrading all three of them to play one game would run me between $2400 - $3000. There is no way I can justify that.

Why do you need 3 computer to play a game?  IIUC this game wont be very good for boxers anyway.
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    svann said:
    Sovrath said:
    Kyleran said:

Why do you need 3 computer to play a game?  IIUC this game wont be very good for boxers anyway.

Probably 3 people who play games in his house.  Sounds like #2 and 3 need jobs.
    MrMelGibsondcutbi001
  • DorjeeDorjee Member UncommonPosts: 7
    Message to the MODS:

Please correct the Release date set for this game. Currently you have it listed as 2018. Could you please change it to unknown, it is creating a lot of confusion with people that are gaining interest in the game TY

https://www.mmorpg.com/games-list/show/all/sCol/titleUC/sOrder/asc
  • Nightbringe1Nightbringe1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,335
    edited June 2018
    svann said:
    Sovrath said:
    Kyleran said:

Because I game with my family.

My oldest is an adult and can buy her own computers, but I still have to pay for my wife and youngest daughter.

Not everyone with multiple accounts is boxing.

Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.
    Benjamin Franklin

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,011
    Sovrath said:
    Kyleran said:

Ok, but still, you bought them as cheap laptops from Best Buy and while some things work it's not reasonable to expect all of them to work.

Let's put it this way, My PC is just used for games. Nothing else. I wanted to have a good game experience with every game I played so I put money into building one and did it.

It would be unreasonable for me to expect all video games to work well on my Mac (or even be available) which is why I put time and money into a PC.

Point is, "at some point" you need to make a decision whether or not you are going to upgrade or just go without.
    MrMelGibsonKyleran
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    I've watched all the play thru's with the devs and to me it looks identical to EQ1 with better graphics..... I played EQ1 from 2000-2005 but got tired of it eventually and moved on...I really don't have any interest in doing that again so this doesn't really appeal to me unless they give us a free option and I am doubting that.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,011
    I've watched all the play thru's with the devs and to me it looks identical to EQ1 with better graphics..... I played EQ1 from 2000-2005 but got tired of it eventually and moved on...I really don't have any interest in doing that again so this doesn't really appeal to me unless they give us a free option and I am doubting that.
    There will be a free trial up to level "something". Basically you can play the game for free up to some low level point.

But that's pretty much it, at least for now.

I didn't play Eq as it looked like crap to me. Now I'm kicking myself as it would have been perfect, well, "more perfect" for what I was looking for.

That's why, when this comes out, and unless Dragon's Dogma makes it to the West, I will most likely make this my only mmorpg as I'm tired of skipping from one game to another.

Well, unless something even better is released but there's not much on the horizon that I'm interested in.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    edited June 2018
    Sovrath said:
    Sovrath said:
    Kyleran said:

Ok, but still, you bought them as cheap laptops from Best Buy and while some things work it's not reasonable to expect all of them to work.

Let's put it this way, My PC is just used for games. Nothing else. I wanted to have a good game experience with every game I played so I put money into building one and did it.

It would be unreasonable for me to expect all video games to work well on my Mac (or even be available) which is why I put time and money into a PC.

Point is, "at some point" you need to make a decision whether or not you are going to upgrade or just go without.
    I think not everyone has the same budget for gaming.  I'm OK with his setup.  Mine is a lot more expensive but my overall expenses are probably a lot lower so my gaming budget can be higher.  Basically we do the best we can with what we have.  We're talking about an entertainment budget here which wouldn't be the same for everyone, nor should it be, imo.

As for what I'm expecting.  I've moved on from most old school games so I'm not expecting anything great just stuff that's been done already which means a type of game I've already played a lot over the years.  
    Post edited by Octagon7711 on

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

svann said:
    Sovrath said:
    Kyleran said:

Because I game with my family.

My oldest is an adult and can buy her own computers, but I still have to pay for my wife and youngest daughter.

Not everyone with multiple accounts is boxing.

Ah ok.  A couple things though:
    1. IIRC, they said you wont need a super computer to run Pantheon.  They learned a lesson from Vanguard.
    2. It may turn out you dont need any upgrading, or it may turn out that 2 of 3 are just fine.  Its very unlikely that 6 month old computer wont handle it.  Dont assume the worst.  It may even turn out you only need a graphics card upgrade on the oldest computer. 
    Sovrath
  • ZindaihasZindaihas Member UncommonPosts: 3,662
    At this point, I guess I'm just expecting it to be released before I die of old age.

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Rhoklaw said:
    I can't wait to play a game that isn't a F2P / B2P Asian grinder + cash shop.

I was born for old school MMO's that focus more on the adventure, rather than complicating combat with ridiculous twitch combat and combos which can only be deciphered by ADHD.
    So basically you suck at action combat so it must be ADHD lol.  
    I would like a combat system that is deep enough that there is no one set of keypress progression that is always right.  If the skills order can be multibinded or macroed to always do the same set over and over to be the most efficient then it sucks.  You should always be deciding which skill to use next, not automating it.
    Mendel
  • SinistSinist Member RarePosts: 1,369
    edited June 2018
    Just going to make a general comment on the current discussion.

Reality is, game requirements are extremely low. Fact is, most games today have been designed for consoles, which puts them using tech that is far behind the times in terms of PC ability. I have a PC that is far behind the times and runs pretty much everything today. 

For instance, the last consoles took 7+ years before they updated their hardware and even when they did, their new specs were still behind current PC specs. At this moment, consoles aren't even slated for an upgrade for another 2-3 years from what I have read, so we are looking at another 7+ years before an update. In PC terms, this is decades of power. 

Now I can respect the argument of having to upgrade to keep up, but... lets be honest here, it isn't a legitimate argument these days. I mean, outside of the cryptocurrency issue with graphic cards, and the increased cost of ram, fact is that you can EASILY and CHEAPLY keep up with gaming unless you are trying to chase the fringe tech  games and at that point you deserve no respect if you are complaining as it concerns this argument). 

So, seriously, those who are complaining about having to keep up their families computers for PC games aren't being reasonable. I mean, at that point I should be bitching that my Tandy 1000 TL doesn't run the latest MMO. 

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    svann said:
    I would like a combat system that is deep enough that there is no one set of keypress progression that is always right.  If the skills order can be multibinded or macroed to always do the same set over and over to be the most efficient then it sucks.  You should always be deciding which skill to use next, not automating it.
    I agree with this.  Gaming is about making decisions.  If the player is just following a formula or pattern, there's not much to be said for the system behind it.  If Pantheon is 100% auto-attack (which I do not expect), it will not be very robust.  To me, that is a significant step backwards from EQ1.  (Only some classes in EQ1 were 100% auto-attack, not all, and not in all situations).

I'd love to see all forms of combat available to all classes, but I kinda doubt that is going to make the cut.  Why can't Enchanters kick?  Snakes do.

AmatheMrMelGibson

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Why can't Enchanters kick?  Snakes do.

Win. 

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests