Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Total Biscuit is gone forever

WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
Sad really,i was less shocked that his time had come up and more shocked at his age being only 33.

Then i noticed a page pops up ...people also searched for...I see several people that already look run down and look older than they really are.IMO this is what a gaming life of less activity,no physical health and more or less just slowly destroying your body from inactivity.

I see kripparian,only 30,already looks run down.I see Angry Joe and Boogie,both looking a little run down and not so healthy.
I just hope the younger generation realizes the long term effects of inactivity and hanging out on a computer everyday or some gaming device or staring at a cell phone 24/7.

Oh well,rest in piece Mr.John Bain,we will all be joining him soon enough.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Comments

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    edited May 2018
    You do know that he died of cancer and cancer doesn't discriminate right? And a big RIP to Totalbiscuit.
    Gorwe
  • BarrikorBarrikor Member UncommonPosts: 373
    We'll remember you TotalBiscuit =(

He had it since 2014ish, and it was pure genetics unfortunately.

@Wizardry - While I agree inactivity is bad for you, I don't think that was the problem, as 2 of his grandparents had the same cancer. I think you're looking for something that gives a bit of control over the chaos of life:
    - "I'm active, therefore bad stuff won't happen to me."
    - "I eat right, therefore bad stuff won't happen to me."
    - "I avoid living under power lines, therefore bad stuff won't happen to me."

The sad fact is that Total Biscuit / Cynical Brit was going to get this no matter what, and it happened in a way that couldn't be fix by modern healthcare.

The truth is that we seem to be nowhere near curing cancer, and we haven't made any meaningful progress in decades.

Your time on this Earth is limited, so do things that make you able to enjoy life, and value what matters so that you can live life without regrets if it ends tomorrow. We spend so much time doing stuff that we hate to do, slowly becoming people that we hate to become, and somehow I don't think that's how mankind was meant to live life. TotalBiscuit loved what he did, so he kept doing it, he enjoyed making videos, we enjoyed watching them, and he was able to make the most of it while mindful of the time he had left. Maybe we should live life more like that.
    Gorwe
  • stealth80stealth80 Member UncommonPosts: 32
    I was shocked to read this just now also, I watched quite a lot of his stuff when I was active in WOW.

@Wizardry Theres also another way to look at this, these people probably look the way they do and chose the careers they did due their inactivity, its not necessarily because they game or the job they chose. I spend a lot of time on forums, building/modding PCs and gaming, but manage 7.5+ hours per week in the gym - They're unhealthy because of their lifestyle/diet not because of the career they chose.