Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Game Critic John 'Totalbiscuit' Bain Passes Away - MMORPG.com News

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageGame Critic John 'Totalbiscuit' Bain Passes Away - MMORPG.com News

Game critic John "Totalbiscuit" Bain has passed away. The announcement was made by his wife Genna Bain via her personal Twitter account. Bain was diagnosed with bowel cancer in 2014. After surgery, the cancer went into remission until last year. Earlier in May, Bain announced his liver was failing and that chemotherapy had stopped working He wrote that he was retiring from games criticism to spend time with his wife streaming cooperative games hoping his wife would take his place after death.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    edited May 2018
    I think that Totalbiscuit was the first person I recognized as an "influencer" and as a video games critic. I'll really miss knowing he is around.

My thoughts go out to his friends and family.
    craftseekerScorchienklash2defThupliSamhaelbartoni33TintagilSeelinnikoi[Deleted User]EponyxDamorand 18 others.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    Game critic sounds like a fun job...You mean we can get paid for complaining?
    darkheartsLaviotapinealbartoni33PhaedruslivesMrMelGibsonJamesGoblinArskaaanatpickmarganculosand 5 others.
  • KalebGraysonKalebGrayson Member RarePosts: 430
    My condolences as well.
    SBFordKyleranJamesGoblinimmodium
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    to young .. Thats a shame
    SBFordcraftseekerKyleranCelciusThupli[Deleted User]SeelinnikoiMrMelGibsonGorweDhamon99and 2 others.
  • fascismfascism Member UncommonPosts: 428
    RIP
  • BoltonsquadBoltonsquad Member UncommonPosts: 403
    I used to watch this guy a lot when I was younger, found his comments very entertaining

Rest in peace my man!
    killerqueerxmenty
  • craftseekercraftseeker Member RarePosts: 1,740
    Always entertaining, some great criticism too. He will be missed.
  • wesjrwesjr Member UncommonPosts: 506
    RIP
  • GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308
    edited May 2018
    Aw man. I watched him a bit back during GW2 beta or whatever, but I didn't find him overly interesting and didn't watch much after. Every time I heard about him afterwards, it was about his cancer, or via other YouTubers about how he was dissing his viewer base over some stupid shit I can't remember. Pretty sad outcome, regardless. Thought he might pull through.
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    this tweet by TB himself didn't age well https://i.imgur.com/QPhxQ1R.jpg
    GhavriggLaviotaMikehaAeandergoozmaniaXophSeelinnikoiklash2defwesjrPanserbjorne39and 8 others.

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    edited May 2018
    Honestly I deeply disliked the man, but I certainly never wanted anything like this to happen. My condolences to his friends, family, and fans.
    One of many reasons I disliked him... On the plus side, his wife no longer has to worry about him shrieking at her on live stream because she didn't vote the way he wanted her to.
    TheScavengerbwwianakievcatofmany

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• akiira69akiira69 Member UncommonPosts: 615
    May your death bring you the peace you never found in life.
    nomurahJamesGoblininfomatz

"Possibly we humans can exist without actually having to fight. But many of us have chosen to fight. For what reason? To protect something? Protect what? Ourselves? The future? If we kill people to protect ourselves and this future, then what sort of future is it, and what will we have become? There is no future for those who have died. And what of those who did the killing? Is happiness to be found in a future that is grasped with blood stained hands? Is that the truth?"

• natpicknatpick Member UncommonPosts: 271
    rip ,condolences to his family and close friends,he had a lot,sad day indeed.
  • goozmaniagoozmania Member RarePosts: 394
    Fair enough
    zenomex[Deleted User]
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    My condolences to Genna. I can't imagine what she's going through.

I fondly remember their Huniepop video. TB may have been a serious critic, but he knew how to relax and laugh, even in the face of death.
    JamesGoblin
  • WalkinGlennWalkinGlenn Member RarePosts: 451
    Aww man, bummer. Too young.
  • CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,868
    edited May 2018
    TB will be missed and is a legendary figure in the content creator world. Youtube and Twitch would not be as strong platforms they are today without such an inspirational figure helping out many of the most well known content creators reach their audiences.
    rertezTekaelonJamesGoblinmcrippinsmetareal[Deleted User]
  • klash2defklash2def Member EpicPosts: 1,949
    RIP buddy
    "Beliefs don't change facts. Facts, if you're reasonable, should change your beliefs."

"The Society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."

Currently: Games Audio Engineer, you didn't hear what I heard, you heard what I wanted you to hear. 

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    edited May 2018
    =(

R.I.P. CynicalBrit
    JamesGoblinPhry

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• rertezrertez Member UncommonPosts: 230
    This is not right "in any way, shape, or form". :'(
    RIP TB. We'll be missing you.
    JamesGoblininfomatz[Deleted User]Phry
  • spidiispidii Member UncommonPosts: 143
    edited May 2018

Honestly I deeply disliked the man, but I certainly never wanted anything like this to happen. My condolences to his friends, family, and fans.

One of many reasons I disliked him...

On the plus side, his wife no longer has to worry about him shrieking at her on live stream because she didn't vote the way he wanted her to.

All people have good moments and bad. You can't tell me you've never said anything you don't regret. Sure, that's not a nice thing to wish on someone and I understand the irony here but unless you're a truly terrible person who harms others, I wouldn't wish this upon you. It's a sad day, I'm sure the people around him are devastated and a lot of the gaming community is as well. We might want to hold off for a week or two before we start being dickheads about it, yeah?
    BillMurphyAeander[Deleted User]CelciusmaskedweaselGhavriggMrMelGibsonJamesGoblininfomatzScotand 8 others.
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    Much too young.  I never really watched him much but hearing these kinds of things is always upsetting. My condolences to his family. 

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    Rest in peace..

Just gotta share one of my favorite reviews he did

JamesGoblinGorwe
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• AragoniAragoni Member UncommonPosts: 384
    edited May 2018
    Going to miss his videos. Rest in peace.
    Sovrath
  • SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360
    edited May 2018
    maskedweaselwesjrMrMelGibsonJamesGoblininfomatzSBFordKalebGraysonbartoni33
    If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
This discussion has been closed.