Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

With Summerset releasing (on PC) on Monday, a handful of tips

IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
Summerset will be live this coming Monday. Here are a few things you might want to know going into it if you have it.

• Monday is likely to be rough with extra maintenance to resolve major bugs introduced with the patch - if this doesn't happen with this major ESO addition, it'll be a first.
  • If you own Summerset, any new characters you create will start there either in the new tutorial or right by its exit if you skip it. Existing characters can get there by doing a quest you can get from the crown shop under "quest starters" (free.)
  • The turn in for the first part of the main Summerset quest will take you to Arteum, home of the Psijic Order. Make sure you talk to the other quest NPC nearby to start the Psijic guild quest line.
  • The Psijic quest line is long and will take you all over Tamriel. Do it when you're in the mood to travel a lot and find locations on maps, however...
  • You should do the first part of the Psijic line that all takes place in Summerset ASAP. Until you finish that and get guild rank 1 you won't be able to see or interact with the random Psijic rifts that appear all over Tamriel and have valuable loot.
  • Unlike other DLC zones, Summerset has casual drop in group events similar to dark anchors in the original zones. They're Abyssal Geysers here and have similar fight and loot mechanics to dark anchors (dolmens.)
  • Just like all the other DLC zones, Summerset has daily quests some of which are for killing world bosses. You should be able to zerg those very easily for the first little while because half the server will be there :)
  • Jewelry Crafting will be the new hotness and as such, everyone will be farming the everloving crap out of resource nodes. If you want to get in on the early grind for resources, do it anywhere other than Summerset. Those nodes are all over the world.
  • You can pick up and start jewelry crafting anywhere but in order to be able to do the writs you need to see one specific NPC near the doorway of the main crafting area in Alinor, the Summerset capital.
  • You can not deconstruct any pre-Summerset jewelry for mats but they can be used for researching the 3 basic existing traits (healthy, robust and arcane.) Researching the other 6 new traits requires getting drops from the specific places where they can be found (those Psijic rifts I mentioned earlier is one of those sources) or buying them from others... they will obviously be very rare and pricey for a while.
  • The new Psijic skill line is of particular interest to tanks and healers and not so much DPS. ESO Skill Factory has all the skills if you want to have a look

Have fun.
"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
― CD PROJEKT RED

YashaX[Deleted User]JamesGoblinXasapisMadFrenchie[Deleted User]jimmywolfBillMurphySlyLoKArglebargle

Comments

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    A few more:
    • The quality of the items you get from those Psijic portals you can see only after getting Psijic level 1, improves with your Psijic rank.
    • Jewelry crafting mat seams share their spawn with ore for blacksmithing. If you want to improve your chances for finding the jc dust, pick up any ore you run into and it might be a seam when it re-spawns.
    • The same thing applies to Psijic portals and runes: they also share spawns. Harvest runes and it might be a portal next time although they are much more rare than jewelry seams.

JamesGoblinYashaX[Deleted User][Deleted User]
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

It's amusing... without posting any spoilers, one elements of this expansion strongly reminds me of Black Desert Online and its "Black Spirit". He's funny as hell.
    I call him Bob (Harry Dresden fan.)
    [Deleted User]

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

edited May 2018
    Torval said:
    So far Raz and Rhytlock are my two recent favorites in the coolest NPCs ever category.

I was going to start a new thread about getting mods ready for Summerset, but the tips thread seems like a great place.

So, what mods are you using for what reasons?

What that over another mod choice?

Do you use the Twitch - Curse desktop client to manage them? I use that for my WoW mods management (except for ElvUI) and it's really nice. I see ESO is an option, but is it well supported?
    Minion is the official ESOUI add-on manager. Very easy to use.

Not all add-ons have been updated for Summerset yet and some cause problems but it's very easy to exclude those in Minion (just look for 4.0) and sort them by popularity, category etc.

Which ones to use is a personal thing since some are just simple UI mods or convenience like knowing what items are selling for, swapping to another skill set easily, etc; and some show you things you might not want to know like where all the skyshards are, where the resource nodes are, lorebooks, etc.

Just do a sort by popularity and that'll give you an idea what most people are using.

EDIT: I should add for those that don't know, that one of the things that the ESO launcher does when you start it is an enumeration of add-ons. For that reason when you install add-ons you should have the game and launcher both closed. Whatever changes you make will get picked-up next time you start the launcher. 

[Deleted User][Deleted User]

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    I will refer back to this post when I am ready for the xpac. Gaming forums used to be full of posts like this yet the courtesy of players helping players has become lost on many. 
    Thanks so much for taking the time to help others out! 
    This ESO community is one of the nicest of this site, and it's in great part thanks of people like Iselin, Yasha and Torval. Unlike other game specific forums, you feel welcome here and trolls are seldom and usually met by an unified front.

Torval said:
    So far Raz and Rhytlock are my two recent favorites in the coolest NPCs ever category.
    One of my favorite quotes of Raz is when he's changed into an illusion of the queen and then wonders if he shouldn't retire alone in some room to explore that new body ;)
    Why was Jean Luc banned? >=(
    Lol wondered that myself, a check of his most recent posts didn't provide any illumination.  I'm sure it's a temp ban!
    YashaX[Deleted User]

• Truvidien88Truvidien88 Member UncommonPosts: 462
    edited May 2018
    My girlfriend has recently picked up playing ESO and has even bought Summerset before hitting level 10 so looks like I'll be joining her through her journey in Tamriel. :D  While I just realized this isn't close to the topic but hey I'll let her know about the tips!
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    UI overload :)

[Deleted User]

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다