Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2 Year Anniversary!!

124»

Comments

• UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,532
    AnOldFart said:
    Ungood said:
    What makes you feel like you're not being played old fella, but yer the one that defended his Derailment of another thread.. so.. if find offence in being called a minion.. perhaps you prefer being one of his cronies.

Not my place to call people names.. that is what you do.
    Lol your funny...
    You criticise him for attempted derailment and now your doing the same here because it's the right thread and you have nothing else to use to distract ppl. 

Anyway let's avoid continuing this derailment.

Scot said:
    They were going to be in alpha after a year? Give it another two years to launch.
    Yes indeed they said that, and reevaluated their estimates when it became obvious it wasn't going to be on time (let's be honest who thought it would be).

Also two years to release might still be optimistic...
    Well, you defended the derailment, so why the sudden issue here?

Oh right.. Not a Minion.. Right.. got it.. ;) ;)
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701
    so when does it come out?
    Slapshot1188
  • OrangeBoyOrangeBoy Member UncommonPosts: 213
    what about the new program they have of people and their expertise in fields such as chemistry.

seems really odd that they'd rely on development on almost total strangers and maybe to cut corners in terms of hiring people
  • Nubz_UniteNubz_Unite Member UncommonPosts: 30
    OrangeBoy said:
    what about the new program they have of people and their expertise in fields such as chemistry.

seems really odd that they'd rely on development on almost total strangers and maybe to cut corners in terms of hiring people
    I mean anyone you hire is basically a stranger when you hire them. I would rather them spend money on actually coding and engineering the game rather the spending it on hiring advisers to tell them how candles worked in the medieval period. So if they can find qualified people who are willing to give their input for free then go for it. One less cost to worry about.
  • UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,532
    Kyleran said:
    Kyleran said:
    I've used that video before.  It's pretty perfect IMHO.  6 degrees of Kevin Bacon!

More and more I feel most games make players "bend over and take it."

Then they expect players to thank them for the "priviledge. "

;)
    Well they expect it because people do it.  You can find dozens of examples related to CoE in a 5 minute google exercise... probably less time.

Well not just a COE phenomenon as you well know.

Just look at the folks chomping at the bit to play Bless when it comes out.  

Not that I am trying to derail this into a convo about Bless, or we'll be likely admonished.

;)

Yep once again its the old cycle of hysterical hype vs disappointment. I'm getting sick and tired of the blame always being one sided. Sure companies that nickle and dime their customers are dicks. The problem is the impulse control issue rejects who buy into these practices are also dicks for helping to enable this horse shit. Yet they never get any of the blame.
    They get screwed over if the game does not launch.. so why should I bother to blame them, when they will be kicking themselves in the ass for years to come, and I won't ever need to say a word.
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• MMOPlayer7654MMOPlayer7654 Member CommonPosts: 2
    Boats and more Boats
  • OrangeBoyOrangeBoy Member UncommonPosts: 213
    OrangeBoy said:

I mean anyone you hire is basically a stranger when you hire them. I would rather them spend money on actually coding and engineering the game rather the spending it on hiring advisers to tell them how candles worked in the medieval period. So if they can find qualified people who are willing to give their input for free then go for it. One less cost to worry about.

In theory it seems like a good idea, but wouldn't development stall if people that are providing the information just up and leave? I agree that hiring anyone is a risk in of itself, the only difference between hiring someone and what COE is doing is that you're paying someone to stay and for stability (assuming the people that signed up for the program-thingy are not being paid).
  • AnOldFartAnOldFart Member RarePosts: 562
    OrangeBoy said:
    OrangeBoy said:

In theory it seems like a good idea, but wouldn't development stall if people that are providing the information just up and leave? I agree that hiring anyone is a risk in of itself, the only difference between hiring someone and what COE is doing is that you're paying someone to stay and for stability (assuming the people that signed up for the program-thingy are not being paid).
    That's true but don't they reward help with influence points or something that can be spent on in game things?
    Therefore there is a monetay incentive of sorts...
    Kyleran
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,988
    Boats and more Boats
    Boat jpeg...  spaceship jpeg...
    Worked for Chris Roberts!

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018