Summerset will be live this coming Monday. Here are a few things you might want to know going into it if you have it.
- Monday is likely to be rough with extra maintenance to resolve major bugs introduced with the patch - if this doesn't happen with this major ESO addition, it'll be a first.
- If you own Summerset, any new characters you create will start there either in the new tutorial or right by its exit if you skip it. Existing characters can get there by doing a quest you can get from the crown shop under "quest starters" (free.)
- The turn in for the first part of the main Summerset quest will take you to Arteum, home of the Psijic Order. Make sure you talk to the other quest NPC nearby to start the Psijic guild quest line.
- The Psijic quest line is long and will take you all over Tamriel. Do it when you're in the mood to travel a lot and find locations on maps, however...
- You should do the first part of the Psijic line that all takes place in Summerset ASAP. Until you finish that and get guild rank 1 you won't be able to see or interact with the random Psijic rifts that appear all over Tamriel and have valuable loot.
- Unlike other DLC zones, Summerset has casual drop in group events similar to dark anchors in the original zones. They're Abyssal Geysers here and have similar fight and loot mechanics to dark anchors (dolmens.)
- Just like all the other DLC zones, Summerset has daily quests some of which are for killing world bosses. You should be able to zerg those very easily for the first little while because half the server will be there
- Jewelry Crafting will be the new hotness and as such, everyone will be farming the everloving crap out of resource nodes. If you want to get in on the early grind for resources, do it anywhere other than Summerset. Those nodes are all over the world.
- You can pick up and start jewelry crafting anywhere but in order to be able to do the writs you need to see one specific NPC near the doorway of the main crafting area in Alinor, the Summerset capital.
- You can not deconstruct any pre-Summerset jewelry for mats but they can be used for researching the 3 basic existing traits (healthy, robust and arcane.) Researching the other 6 new traits requires getting drops from the specific places where they can be found (those Psijic rifts I mentioned earlier is one of those sources) or buying them from others... they will obviously be very rare and pricey for a while.
- The new Psijic skill line is of particular interest to tanks and healers and not so much DPS. ESO Skill Factory has all the skills if you want to have a look
“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?”
― CD PROJEKT RED