Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bless - Exploring Monetization with Neowiz - MMORPG.com

Comments

• dasX82dasX82 Member UncommonPosts: 104
    I just don't see their business here. How can a game survive in a long term if they have stated that the premium status/sub only gives you minor advance? what the point to be a premium/sub user? Can just selling the game for 40$ is enough? i don't know really, there are many things that haven't been said or cleared, yet.

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    It's funny. The people who are so flippant about P2W are the same people either aren't playing, or try to shoe horn PVE life into OWPVP games and wear giant Steve Urkel size rose colored glasses while only experiencing 1/4th of the game. I will not apologize for my skepticism as I will actually be playing. I will be blaring all alarms if stuff isn't right.

Wake me up when Neowiz goes on paper about the RNG it takes to power up your skills and gear and how it will differ from Archeage or BDO. Lets have THAT discussion, and feature it.

Some people are so obtuse/dense on this forum, you could literally get away with crimes as long as you hire someone else to do it and hide behind plausible deniability.

[For Not Dumb Ppl] Devs don't do direct P2W anymore (unless it's mobile, because who cares it's mobile), the gambling/RNG is there to get passed the stupids. Buy more chips, more chances to win. More win, more power. No chips/NO RNG. Fodder. [/For Not Dumb Ppl]
    I don't know what's worse, you professing the game is blatantly P2W and calling people who are okay with this system stupid for thinking it won't be and pretending you're going to play it to empathize (though halfhearted at best)..   or saying it's p2w and that people are dumb for being okay with it and then actually playing it too.

The only plausible explanation on the latter is that you're trying to use reverse psychology on yourself so when the system launches as they've described you'll be pleasantly surprised rather than a shrill and bitter MMO gamer.
    Imbecilic response. I'm not professing anything. I'm skeptical and have every right to be. Neowiz isn't some shining snowflake any different than XL Games, or other Korean developers/publishers. They haven't gone out of their way to prove otherwise. They piecemeal information as close to launch as possible, that's a red flag. They use basic indemnification legal language, red flag. The main reason why Bless (and BDO for that matter) get/got traction is because of Archeage exhaustion. People who actually played know what to look for.

Unless you have some definitive information or insight to provide to ease the skepticism, get off my zipper. If you're so happy and convinced go be that. I don't have to d-ride the promotion/marketing phase. It doesn't win me anything. I will definitively see for myself and call a spade a spade. 

It's no different than being interested in a movie, seeing the trailer having reservations and going to watch. It's either what you thought it was or better/worse.

Go shake your pom poms at somebody else.
      Haha, I just feel bad that someone such as yourself who derides every positive outlook and comment, attacks people for listing their point of view, and believes themselves to be so in-the-know that they are so high above everyone else will end up playing the game anyways.  Seems rather self deprecating to me lol but I guess if that's what you're into, aside from wishing random forum dudes were on your zipper, rock on baby, rock on.

"I am so much smarter than all of you!  This game is obviously P2W and you are defending it!  I will be playing it at launch and giving the devs my money!  Because I'm smart!"
    - FlyByKnight
    I've been pretty clear and fair about what I do if/when I feel there is anything unethical or not right with any game. Bless won't be any different.

I make general statements leave out shoes and people like y'all stick your foot in them and make it about you. Instead of getting salty and running down trying to play tit for tat, provide some info that can quell skepticism. I'm fair, I'll thank you for the information and say "that makes me feel better". If you want to play the dozens I can do that too though (when I'm bored of course).

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You can choose to believe what the developers say or you can be skeptical about it, both are valid responses.  The NA release is different than the Korean and Japanese releases, that's a fact. Trying to act like you know better than anyone else when the developers are saying the opposite is you prerogative, but the truth is, you just don't know. It's okay not to know, you just don't have to be a jerk about it to people who don't share your point of view. ;) 
    IceDarkKyleranLeiloni

• LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,266
    Sinner01 said:
    Has it been confirmed whether items purchased from the Cash Shop are trade-able to other players for in-game currency? I briefly skimmed through this article and didn't think I saw if this was asked. I'm not sure why we always accept "No items from the Cash Shop are P2W" as an answer to the "is it P2W?" question. No matter what is in the shop, if people can buy those items in bulk and trade those items for gold, and then buy weapons, armor, materials or anything else with THAT gold, it's P2W imo.

And any information on how they'll combat gold farmers/sellers? Most Asian games are plagued with a flood of gold sellers, spamming every chat channel seemingly without penalty.
    You can't trade to other players at all. 
    KyleranBillMurphy[Deleted User]
    edited May 2018
    Wizardry said:
    NEOWIZ is saying one thing but are lying.

I can simply point to the so called "convenience buffs".
    Well the pet buffs allow to level up faster,guess what,they can buff your pvp so having them level up faster is most definitely pay to win.
    If two players play the EXACT same amount of time in the exact same way,the one using the cash shop will end up having higher buffs for pvp,how is that not p2w?

So one player is struggling along with the first tier of pets while the cash shop one is already at legend status and has the best buffs.
    That's quite the stretch. For one thing, you can craft pet stamina potions in game, or buy them on the AH from someone else, so you don't need to buy the item off the cash shop. You can easily restore stamina with the pots. On top of that, you can always level your pet in other ways, for example by taming a bunch of other pets and merging them together (edit: for clarity's sake, you need pet scrolls to tame which is also a craftable item or purchasable on the AH). I'm honestly not worried about the pet system being P2W.

And there's enough RNG in the system to make throwing real world money at it to be worthless. What you get when you tame is somewhat RNG in the sense that you have a chance to get an upgraded version from the get go (i.e. a level 10 blue instead of a level 1 green). The skill you get from a pet is also RNG, so you'll have to tame a lot of pets to get one with the proper buff. On top of that, upgrading your pet to a higher quality is partially RNG (you can fail at upgrading your pet, however failure does increase the success bar percentage by a bit).

And keep in mind that your pet has an XP cap based on the quality of the pet. So once you hit that level cap, you need to upgrade your pet's quality in order to level it more. So the cash shop item is only going to do so much.

The system is fairly well designed IMO and pretty fun, and this is coming from someone whose not typically into pet taming systems in MMO's.

Edit: Also IIRC the pet's stamina bar resets every time it levels.
    Post edited by Leiloni on
    IceDark
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    So here is the question?

The Exchange point's is not like "Albion Online", "Guild Wars 2", or "Warframe" where gold sellers and other people can commit fraud by buying in game currency and trading it to others right just to confirm I would hate to see this in another game.

Although I really don't trust NeoWiz, or that Bless will even be successful at all, I do wonder if it will be worth playing, or if it will be pay 2 win / pay 2 advance like in BDO / Arche Age.

BDO isn't bad, but like trying to even get a TET Dandellion can cost you hundreds of dollars (25 TET Attempt fails in a month.) at least $100 real dollars put into it.

Not hard but very consuming.
    PhryKyleran
    DMKano said:

DMKano said:

MrdGamez said:

MMORPG: With the Buy to Play model there will be a currency conversion, is there a set conversion rate between in game currency and Lumena?

NEOWIZ: The conversion rate is already fixed. Through the “Activity Point - Lumena” exchange system, users can obtain 50 Lumena, which is the maximum number of Lumena that can be obtained in one day. Lumena cannot be exchanged into Activity Points.

Non-paying users can also obtain Activity Points by playing the in-game contents, accumulate them and use the “Activity Point - Lumena” exchange system to purchase items at the Lumena store.

So this means that non Premium players will have the option to exchange Activity Point to Lumena. Now the big question is "what is the exchange rate on that exactly?", and "How much Activity Points can you earn each day?" this they did not tell us ofc.... Anyone that has an idea?

They are not disclosing fully because they don't want players to know yet.

We know that max lumena per day for exchange points = 50

We don't know how much grind/dungeons/crafting that will require.

We also don't know the actual lumena pricing in the cash shop - a full list with all the prices would be nice.

We have to wait til release so that we can calculate

Effort per day needed to get 50 lumena

How much lumena per each cash shop item

Then we can calculate = how much effort is needed to obtain each item
    vs.
    Straight up buying lumena packs

You lost all credibility on the last tinfoil hat scenario. You were literally wrong in every way possible with the subscription bonuses. Won't stop you though, I'm sure.

So calculating time investment vs just spending money is tinfoil hat....how?

emm.. what?

Figuring out time investment to convert action points to 50 lumina each day  - and then looking at each item cost in the cash shop - you can calculate effort needed to get every cash shop item.

and then you take that vs spending $10 for 1200

You can make a precise calculation on time/money - which IMO is a pretty valuable to break it down so everyone can make an informed decision on whether to spend X time getting action points or just spend Y cash for lumena instead.

And I was wrong in subscription bonuses - lol - I listed japanese bonuses which include 20% boosts just like steam bonuses... please.

Valuable, to know the general amounts of how much you can earn and convert a day, it all just depends on how tough it is to acquire them and what the conversion rate is.  If it's 1 to 1 but you get hundreds of action points a day, no biggy,  if it's a rough grind for every single one, not worth it.  But in the end, you can assume you'll make about 12 - 15 cash currency a month.  The rest just boils down what you would want to spend that on.

PvP and PvE action points are easy to get, but you need to use them primarily to buy in game items to upgrade your gear, to craft, some consumables and other convenience, etc. You'd have to grind more if you wanted to use some for the cash shop.
    maskedweasel
    edited May 2018
    MrdGamez said:
    When you reach max lvl 45, your XP bar will keep filling up with all activities you do Quest/killing mobs and so on everything that yields experience from kills will give you XP. Once that XP bar is maxed out you will get GEM stones to improve your class abilities (something like in BDO only BDO goes by levels).

Knowing the above do you still think the 20% XP boost (from sub) + the 20% XP boots that you can buy from cash shop with real money (Plus the potential XP boost from pets if that happens), won't give you any advantage powering up your character V.S some one that has no premium sub and is not spending real money for boost in the Cash Shop?

I know you guys will say but but you poor gamers cannot afford a sub and cash shop bohoo you.. Right? Well maybe it is just the fact that it is in the game that angers a lot of MMORPG players and not the fact who can and who cannot buy these boosts. Ofc you will have no lifers never less what system or boost you sell but with this what they have atm, it will wider the gap even more between the players that will have a drastic effect for the Longevity of the game.
    From what we saw at the Press Event, I think the new skill system works differently. You have an XP bar to "overlevel" just for leveling your stance level which needs to be level 20 in order to unlock the last 2 stances.

But the gems I believe are just earned as regular drops in game content. That's a separate system and you don't have to wait for SP level 20 in order to get them. They're a standard part of your skill build. You get them as general gem fragments and have to convert them via the skill UI to a specific type of gem.

There are 3 types of gems - one for your passives, one for your combo skills, and one for your general skills. The gem fragment UI seems to convert them randomly and you can only do a certain amount per day. So I get the impression that they will be easy to get but we'll just be gated behind the daily conversion, and that will be how we slowly earn the proper gems to decide our skill customizations.

As a side note, the pets already have XP buffs in JP so we're definitely getting that. And they're not hard to get, so don't worry. Besides the pet buffs are more powerful than the boosts you can buy anyway.
    edited May 2018
    Renoaku said:
    So here is the question?

The Exchange point's is not like "Albion Online", "Guild Wars 2", or "Warframe" where gold sellers and other people can commit fraud by buying in game currency and trading it to others right just to confirm I would hate to see this in another game.

Although I really don't trust NeoWiz, or that Bless will even be successful at all, I do wonder if it will be worth playing, or if it will be pay 2 win / pay 2 advance like in BDO / Arche Age.

BDO isn't bad, but like trying to even get a TET Dandellion can cost you hundreds of dollars (25 TET Attempt fails in a month.) at least $100 real dollars put into it.

There's no player trading whatsoever. Not even guild banks. You can't mail anything to people, either. You can only mail stuff to yourself for your alts. All you can do is sell items on the AH.

The exchange is on a personal level. You exchange a certain amount of your own PvE or PvP tokens into Lumena, the cash shop currency. Think of it like GW2's wallet and you're converting one type of currency into another there. That's it and it's one way. You can't convert cash shop currency into in game currency.
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    edited May 2018
    It's funny. The people who are so flippant about P2W are the same people either aren't playing, or try to shoe horn PVE life into OWPVP games and wear giant Steve Urkel size rose colored glasses while only experiencing 1/4th of the game. I will not apologize for my skepticism as I will actually be playing. I will be blaring all alarms if stuff isn't right.

Wake me up when Neowiz goes on paper about the RNG it takes to power up your skills and gear and how it will differ from Archeage or BDO. Lets have THAT discussion, and feature it.

Some people are so obtuse/dense on this forum, you could literally get away with crimes as long as you hire someone else to do it and hide behind plausible deniability.

[For Not Dumb Ppl] Devs don't do direct P2W anymore (unless it's mobile, because who cares it's mobile), the gambling/RNG is there to get passed the stupids. Buy more chips, more chances to win. More win, more power. No chips/NO RNG. Fodder. [/For Not Dumb Ppl]
    I don't know what's worse, you professing the game is blatantly P2W and calling people who are okay with this system stupid for thinking it won't be and pretending you're going to play it to empathize (though halfhearted at best)..   or saying it's p2w and that people are dumb for being okay with it and then actually playing it too.

The only plausible explanation on the latter is that you're trying to use reverse psychology on yourself so when the system launches as they've described you'll be pleasantly surprised rather than a shrill and bitter MMO gamer.
    Imbecilic response. I'm not professing anything. I'm skeptical and have every right to be. Neowiz isn't some shining snowflake any different than XL Games, or other Korean developers/publishers. They haven't gone out of their way to prove otherwise. They piecemeal information as close to launch as possible, that's a red flag. They use basic indemnification legal language, red flag. The main reason why Bless (and BDO for that matter) get/got traction is because of Archeage exhaustion. People who actually played know what to look for.

Unless you have some definitive information or insight to provide to ease the skepticism, get off my zipper. If you're so happy and convinced go be that. I don't have to d-ride the promotion/marketing phase. It doesn't win me anything. I will definitively see for myself and call a spade a spade. 

It's no different than being interested in a movie, seeing the trailer having reservations and going to watch. It's either what you thought it was or better/worse.

Go shake your pom poms at somebody else.
      Haha, I just feel bad that someone such as yourself who derides every positive outlook and comment, attacks people for listing their point of view, and believes themselves to be so in-the-know that they are so high above everyone else will end up playing the game anyways.  Seems rather self deprecating to me lol but I guess if that's what you're into, aside from wishing random forum dudes were on your zipper, rock on baby, rock on.

"I am so much smarter than all of you!  This game is obviously P2W and you are defending it!  I will be playing it at launch and giving the devs my money!  Because I'm smart!"
    - FlyByKnight
    I've been pretty clear and fair about what I do if/when I feel there is anything unethical or not right with any game. Bless won't be any different.

I make general statements leave out shoes and people like y'all stick your foot in them and make it about you. Instead of getting salty and running down trying to play tit for tat, provide some info that can quell skepticism. I'm fair, I'll thank you for the information and say "that makes me feel better". If you want to play the dozens I can do that too though (when I'm bored of course).

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You can choose to believe what the developers say or you can be skeptical about it, both are valid responses.  The NA release is different than the Korean and Japanese releases, that's a fact. Trying to act like you know better than anyone else when the developers are saying the opposite is you prerogative, but the truth is, you just don't know. It's okay not to know, you just don't have to be a jerk about it to people who don't share your point of view. ;) 
    Where did I claim to know better than any one about Bless? What I said is RIGHT there. I talked about people writing off P2W concerns like it's some tin foil hat urban legend and how silly that is given the parameters. Any person who has any OWPVP experience in games like Archeage know what to look for. That's just the truth. Do/Did you play Archeage? What's your experience? Because not to far off in the past Archeage wasn't P2W either.

Here let me help you properly argue me down:
    • Has Neowiz been releasing information via piece meal and waiting until the last minute? The game early starts in 5 days. YES! <- Refute this
    • Has Neowiz released any information regarding how the rune RNG will work? Or where they will be available? No. <-Refute this and tell me why I should be hopeful based off the first point.
    • Neowiz has stated (paraphrase) "We will not sell items that directly increase the power of players". In publisher legal/PR speak that means "We did not say indirectly though". <-Refute this. Tell me how I'm silly for looking at the glass half empty
    • Archeage pulled this off. Gold > Gamble > Regrades. "Need Gold to gamble? Need items to improve luck. We got you?" <-Refute this and tell me how I'm a P2W whiner because THAT's not an item that directly increases power, but is the #1 source of uncapped power increase in the game.
    • Conclude with telling me how my skepticism is dumb, and why THIS Korean developer is the snowflake.
    Don't tell me how I'm trying to be smarter than people or how I'm "acting" like I know better. That's just telling me you're insulted by what I typed and feel a way. Provide some info or fall back. Your feelings aren't making any points, and I don't go to Bless Hell/Purgatory for not being blindly faithful. I still get to play.

I just don't want to see this behind a pay gate, and I'm not convinced it wont:

"As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    If indeed this rune system is going to have to have these  indirect ways to boost it via paying for it then players are going to mightily pissed quickly. Best not to spend any money just yet and wait for the complaints to come out before jumping in.
    Chamber of Chains
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    This war between fanboys vs cynics is heating up the closer we get to release :D

Looking forward to seeing who wins more than the actual release of the game.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Renoaku said:
    So here is the question?

Anyone who uses real money in that way is failing so hard already they deserve to lose it, the system isn't designed to allow players to use real money in a way that would allow them to work that way, converting pearl shop items to silver is probably one of the worst ways to get silver in the first place, and there is limit on how many items from the cash shop you can even sell in a week, if you are seriously relying on the little amount of silver from pearl shop item sales then your character is seriously at a disadvantage to others, i can make 40 million silver a day just from trading without even trying hard, and its not like trading is the most profitable way to make silver either, it really isn't, its just one of the laziest ways of doing it because its such an 'easy' type of gameplay. :p
  • zenomexzenomex Member UncommonPosts: 242
    This gangig on Neowiz is making me gag, it's like a witch hunt.
    Leiloni
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    edited May 2018
    Leiloni said:
    MrdGamez said:
    When you reach max lvl 45, your XP bar will keep filling up with all activities you do Quest/killing mobs and so on everything that yields experience from kills will give you XP. Once that XP bar is maxed out you will get GEM stones to improve your class abilities (something like in BDO only BDO goes by levels).

Knowing the above do you still think the 20% XP boost (from sub) + the 20% XP boots that you can buy from cash shop with real money (Plus the potential XP boost from pets if that happens), won't give you any advantage powering up your character V.S some one that has no premium sub and is not spending real money for boost in the Cash Shop?

I know you guys will say but but you poor gamers cannot afford a sub and cash shop bohoo you.. Right? Well maybe it is just the fact that it is in the game that angers a lot of MMORPG players and not the fact who can and who cannot buy these boosts. Ofc you will have no lifers never less what system or boost you sell but with this what they have atm, it will wider the gap even more between the players that will have a drastic effect for the Longevity of the game.
    From what we saw at the Press Event, I think the new skill system works differently. You have an XP bar to "overlevel" just for leveling your stance level which needs to be level 20 in order to unlock the last 2 stances.

But the gems I believe are just earned as regular drops in game content. That's a separate system and you don't have to wait for SP level 20 in order to get them. They're a standard part of your skill build. You get them as general gem fragments and have to convert them via the skill UI to a specific type of gem.

There are 3 types of gems - one for your passives, one for your combo skills, and one for your general skills. The gem fragment UI seems to convert them randomly and you can only do a certain amount per day. So I get the impression that they will be easy to get but we'll just be gated behind the daily conversion, and that will be how we slowly earn the proper gems to decide our skill customizations.

As a side note, the pets already have XP buffs in JP so we're definitely getting that. And they're not hard to get, so don't worry. Besides the pet buffs are more powerful than the boosts you can buy anyway.
    zenomex said:7
    Considering the "sterling" reputation Neowiz has in the gaming industry and how "well" Bless has performed in previous markets its just "sickening" to see so many "haters" on these forums react with such distrust and suspicion, totally unwarranted I tell you.

Bwa ha ha.....apologies could not hold that ROFL in any longer.

Fortunately,  neither one of us was being serious, right? 

;)

Phryd_20

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• simmihisimmihi Member UncommonPosts: 709
    Words from a friend who played the JP version since its launch:
    - the "premium sub" as it is for NA/EU is nothing, doesn't affect almost anything (and, on the other hand, it's not worth it); a first positive, let's hope it stays that way, cannot see how, the players will cry "me pay sub, me need more powa" (i predict some lockboxes system, like in neverwinter/secret world legends)
    - the doves system or the peace declaration whatever the name is, the 10min no pvp thing, too much fuss about it, does not have a big impact, you rarely meet others for open world pvp except in the pvp zone with the big elites (forgot the name)
    - if the shop will have pet enhance scrolls (forgot how he called them) and / or costumes that can be dismantled for items which you can use to improve your equips, then it's pay 2 win (seems we're fine here)
    - combat is still clunky for the JP build (this might be irrelevant, as we're getting new combat, but I fear things like animations or skill lag)
    - the game is terrible for solo players and might suffer in a huge population drop some time after launch, people in bad guilds or loners will have no motivation to play after a while
    - pvp and ganking and griefing, being ganked under 30 practically never happens, however any guild can declare war on another for no reason, even if it's your faction (i dislike that)
    - "must pvp" is practically a way to disguise the massive lack of content; seems there's not much to do in the game, actually; big chances for the EU/NA players to leave in 2-3 months, as the leveling is easy (he says he can get to cap in 2 days if he puts the hours, probably different in EU/NA, heard they're re-scaling the mobs); his prediction is that the game will fail in maximum 3 months, he won't move to this version, even though he's from EU (meh)

Will get back to him if someone wants more details about something.

His final words: save your money for like 2 weeks+ after release, see then if you really want to play it.
    KyleranKajidourdenmaskedweaselFlyByKnight
  • shassellshassell Member UncommonPosts: 105
    Yes, I agree there should be more for premium subscribers. Maybe an enchanted wand that melts freeloaders in PVP so there is just a whining puddle left. Freebie accounts should also be restricted to an in game ghetto where they can bleat to their hearts content just how unfair it is for program makers to seek payment for their product.

Roll on Pantheon and a decent community of subscribers. It just kills me the irony of entitled brats threatening to stay away if they have to pay anything = who cares, you don't contribute, so nobody cares.
  • ultimateduckultimateduck Member EpicPosts: 1,269
    edited May 2018
    The game seems to be shaping up.

Like others, I am concerned with the RNG regrade system. It is the only reason I quit playing Archeage. The concept that a bad RNG roll could theoretically keep me from ever obtaining maximum levels on my gear was the most frustrating thing ever for something that was suppose to be fun. If this is how Bless is going to be doing things, maybe it's a game I will be skipping... even though it looks pretty decent.

Where did I claim to know better than any one about Bless? What I said is RIGHT there. I talked about people writing off P2W concerns like it's some tin foil hat urban legend and how silly that is given the parameters. Any person who has any OWPVP experience in games like Archeage know what to look for. That's just the truth. Do/Did you play Archeage? What's your experience? Because not to far off in the past Archeage wasn't P2W either.

• Has Neowiz been releasing information via piece meal and waiting until the last minute? The game early starts in 5 days. YES! <- Refute this
    • Has Neowiz released any information regarding how the rune RNG will work? Or where they will be available? No. <-Refute this and tell me why I should be hopeful based off the first point.
    • Neowiz has stated (paraphrase) "We will not sell items that directly increase the power of players". In publisher legal/PR speak that means "We did not say indirectly though". <-Refute this. Tell me how I'm silly for looking at the glass half empty
    • Archeage pulled this off. Gold > Gamble > Regrades. "Need Gold to gamble? Need items to improve luck. We got you?" <-Refute this and tell me how I'm a P2W whiner because THAT's not an item that directly increases power, but is the #1 source of uncapped power increase in the game.
    • Conclude with telling me how my skepticism is dumb, and why THIS Korean developer is the snowflake.
    Don't tell me how I'm trying to be smarter than people or how I'm "acting" like I know better. That's just telling me you're insulted by what I typed and feel a way. Provide some info or fall back. Your feelings aren't making any points, and I don't go to Bless Hell/Purgatory for not being blindly faithful. I still get to play.

Maybe you haven't been reading or maybe you just don't care, but MMORPG has had some pretty detailed writeups over the past few weeks about Bless NA.  The game starts in 5 days, I would recommend for your sake you don't play if you think so poorly of what this game will turn out to be. 

They've stated, not just in the press playtest but also in the interview above exactly what will be in the cash shop.  You chose not to believe it. That's fine. Quite literally they say that action points will be used for all enhancements which are not part of the Lumena store.  And that Lumena cannot be changed to action points, but that's okay. 

Nothing they've stated that will be in the cash shop currently specifically mentions items that can be any more construed as P2W than leveling a little faster than others... but you have people who want to attack that as P2W now.... so if you're in that camp, every game is P2W, congratulations.

And again, don't know what you're talking about in terms of gambling with enhancements, yeah it is RNG based, but enhancements are done through action points which again, they said you can't convert lumena to action points, so sounds like if you want to reroll enhancements, upgrade mounts and such with cash, you're SOL. 

Just pointing out, all of this information I just mentioned.. yeah it was in the articles already posted, but you probably knew that.  You just don't want to believe it. Which makes no sense why you don't trust what they say, think the game is P2W and then still want to play it but... :shrug: not my call. I was just pointing out how silly it was.
    Leiloni

• simmihisimmihi Member UncommonPosts: 709
    Seems the more i hear the worse it gets (for me).

Max lvl dungeons are hard locked: once you enter you're locked for the day, even if you are not able to finish. People take some of their gear off when queuing for daily dungeons (seems mandatory to do), so that a) they get easier ones and b) avoid endgame ones to avoid the lockout.

Berserker is mandatory to have for dungeons, to the point where people leave if there's no berserker in group. Also, due to the ability to send gear to yourself, seems that every "serious" player makes alts of the same class, practically running multiple alts of the same class to feed a main.

That's how it is in other versions. Will it be the same in the EU/US? Who knows, but all these systems would annoy me.
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680

azurrei said:

Sounds reasonable as most cash shops do for the first 30-90 days, and then all hell starts breaking loose...(see RIFT, AA, BnS, BDO, etc...) I want to know how much the peace pledges and skill tree resets cost.

Yeah this is how they always start out. Can't wait to see what happens later.
  • TrumpelstiltzkinTrumpelstiltzkin Member CommonPosts: 7
    I have to agree with the ppl saying that you're all fools to think it's not going to be p2w name a single game that isn't p2w shït even candy crush is p2w how the fück you think they make all the billions of dollars these gaming companies make. Seriously how retarded do you have to be to figure out a balanced game with no p2w advantages wouldn't then require a $100 lumena package nvm a $200 24k lumena package. Ya totally not p2w LMFÄO. ... . WTF IS NORTH AMERICA DOING ANYWAY I WISH WE COULD FOR ONCE GET A DECENT GAME NOT MADE BY A BUNCH OF GREED DRIVEN HORMONE FLARING KOREANS WHO SHOW THIER TRUE MOTIVES BY MAKING THE ENGLISH VERSION DIFFERENT IN ANY WAY TO THE KOREAN VERSION WHAT WAS THE GAME MECHANICS LOST IN TRANSLATION??
    maskedweaselKyleran
  • onelesslightonelesslight Member UncommonPosts: 161
    Seems pretty good, kind of wish the no-PVP flag was longer than 10 mins (guess they are trying to be like WoW's Dalaran Underbelly) - even if it still charged you every 10 mins but otherwise stayed up - but maybe the PVP won't be bad in this game.
    Kyleran said:
    Leiloni said:
    MrdGamez said:

zenomex said:7
    Considering the "sterling" reputation Neowiz has in the gaming industry and how "well" Bless has performed in previous markets its just "sickening" to see so many "haters" on these forums react with such distrust and suspicion, totally unwarranted I tell you.

Bwa ha ha.....apologies could not hold that ROFL in any longer.

Fortunately,  neither one of us was being serious, right? 

;)

Neowiz's reputation outside of Bless is good or neutral at worst as far as I can tell. In terms of Bless, all they've done is continually respond to player feedback. It came out in KR and they didn't like some things, so in Japan they came out with the "Rebuild" server with a number of changes to the game. That was better but still had a lot of player feedback, so they're coming out with even more and bigger system changes in our version.

What more can you ask for than a company that actually responds to player feedback by making exactly the changes people want? Honestly what else do you expect other than for them to listen to you and act accordingly? Even here they keep answering questions when people post things in various places online.

Not to mention they completely dumped Aeria games last year because they wanted a quality, finished product and no P2W, and Aeria wanted a rushed, unfished game and their standard P2W cash shop.

Just looking at the facts here and not throwing emotion into it, their behavior has been pretty good.
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967

Maybe you haven't been reading or maybe you just don't care, but MMORPG has had some pretty detailed writeups over the past few weeks about Bless NA.  The game starts in 5 days, I would recommend for your sake you don't play if you think so poorly of what this game will turn out to be. 

They've stated, not just in the press playtest but also in the interview above exactly what will be in the cash shop.  You chose not to believe it. That's fine. Quite literally they say that action points will be used for all enhancements which are not part of the Lumena store.  And that Lumena cannot be changed to action points, but that's okay. 

Nothing they've stated that will be in the cash shop currently specifically mentions items that can be any more construed as P2W than leveling a little faster than others... but you have people who want to attack that as P2W now.... so if you're in that camp, every game is P2W, congratulations.

And again, don't know what you're talking about in terms of gambling with enhancements, yeah it is RNG based, but enhancements are done through action points which again, they said you can't convert lumena to action points, so sounds like if you want to reroll enhancements, upgrade mounts and such with cash, you're SOL. 

Just pointing out, all of this information I just mentioned.. yeah it was in the articles already posted, but you probably knew that.  You just don't want to believe it. Which makes no sense why you don't trust what they say, think the game is P2W and then still want to play it but... :shrug: not my call. I was just pointing out how silly it was.

In Japanese Version:

In regard to cash shop pet scrolls (the worst offender). "Pet's have a certain amount of slots for stat bonuses that power up your character in different ways. These bonuses can get upgraded depending on the pet's level/grade. For example (not accurate) a 20% exp bonus can get bumped up to 50% with upgrading/leveling up your pet. There are also bonuses for things like attack power, magic defense, defense, etc, you get the picture. Leveling up a pet is easy, you just feed him other monsters you catch with taming scrolls. The P2W comes into play when regrading your pet."

"It is currently possible to dismantle most outfits that can be bought in the Cash Shop in order to create an item that prevents any degrade above 11+. This item is not only available for real currency but also in-game for PvE or PvP currency but it takes the form of an RNG box so you are not even sure to obtain what you want."

Where has Neowiz or an article on MMORPG specifically stated this won't be a carry over? I missed it. If it's not a last minute mystery then I admit my skepticism is an overreaction and I will be chill. "Steam Version is different" is not a sufficient response though.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

In Japanese Version:

In regard to cash shop pet scrolls (the worst offender). "Pet's have a certain amount of slots for stat bonuses that power up your character in different ways. These bonuses can get upgraded depending on the pet's level/grade. For example (not accurate) a 20% exp bonus can get bumped up to 50% with upgrading/leveling up your pet. There are also bonuses for things like attack power, magic defense, defense, etc, you get the picture. Leveling up a pet is easy, you just feed him other monsters you catch with taming scrolls. The P2W comes into play when regrading your pet."

"It is currently possible to dismantle most outfits that can be bought in the Cash Shop in order to create an item that prevents any degrade above 11+. This item is not only available for real currency but also in-game for PvE or PvP currency but it takes the form of an RNG box so you are not even sure to obtain what you want."

Where has Neowiz or an article on MMORPG specifically stated this won't be a carry over? I missed it. If it's not a last minute mystery then I admit my skepticism is an overreaction and I will be chill. "Steam Version is different" is not a sufficient response though.
    LOL where is the article saying it will carry over?  

Talk more about the Japanese version, it's a different payment model, different combat, even different graphics.  
    LeiloniStoneRosesMrMelGibson