Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Eaglance Inc. Announces Launch of Kickstarter for 'Hardcore Medieval MMO' - The Flower of Knighthoo

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageEaglance Inc. Announces Launch of Kickstarter for 'Hardcore Medieval MMO' - The Flower of Knighthood - MMORPG.com

The Flower of Knighthood News - Eaglance Inc. has sent word that it has officially started the KickStarter campaign for its hardcore medieval MMORPG, The Flower of Knighthood. The goal is to raise $600,000 in the next month in order to fund the development of the game that lets players "immerse themselves in the atmosphere of Europe's mid-fourteenth to early fifteenth centuries...based on a concept of maximum realism and historical accuracy in gameplay".

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464
    Way too little information available about this project to instill any confidence in its success.

Almost nothing about the team, except the creator's name "Ivan Usenko" and a general statement about the team having "vast" experience in game development (one of which has 21+ years experience).
    craftseekerDakeru
    --------------------------------------------
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,507
    edited May 2018
    So a slightly different take on Life is Feudal with realistic crafting like is being planned for COE.

All they need now is a BR arena and they'll be complete on borrowing the latest popular features.

craftseekerAzaron_Nightblade

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    Yet another Kickstarter that tries to do a 10 million game with 600 000 funding, and advertise an experienced team without revealing their any of their names, games they've worked on, or prior positions.
    PhrycraftseekerAgent_JosephDakeru

• MadCoderOneMadCoderOne Member UncommonPosts: 220
    no thanks
    Dakeru
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768
    This gives me Mortal Online vibes but as a kickstarter with LIF combat / setting. As previous people said, there is absolutely no information on the page other than one model doing a couple of swings, and constant pictures of the background in the game with some generic UE lighting effects and a guy in a mocap suit. I see what they want to do, but they have almost nothing from what I can tell. Hopefully if this is a real thing, and not a cash grab, they can succeed even without kickstarter. I would love an MMORPG like this, but at the same time, nobody has been able to successfully do a medieval MMO since DAOC.
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    Noty I will stick with Mount & Blade and Gloria Victis.
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    edited May 2018
    I'm personally glad to see that there is a healthy burst of skepticism about this project.  Don't tell me you want money until you have a game ready to go.  It keeps expectations in check.

Edit:  The name sounded familiar, so I did a quick bit of research.  I wonder if Dr. Stephen Mileson is actually involved with this, or they merely read some of his works.  From what I can see, Mileson is more noted for thinking about land usage in medieval times.  I don't see any specific things about crafting, but that doesn't mean the man doesn't know or have interesting ideas about crafting.  But quite a good resume.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• AnOldFartAnOldFart Member RarePosts: 562
    Never trust a guy that looks like a B movie Dracula...

besides followed CoE, nearly pldged then figured out it's prob a con. Not going to do the same here.
    But then again they have more done than CoE when the KS was announced at least 
    [Deleted User]Iselin
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    Mendel said:

Edit:  The name sounded familiar, so I did a quick bit of research.  I wonder if Dr. Stephen Mileson is actually involved with this, or they merely read some of his works.  From what I can see, Mileson is more noted for thinking about land usage in medieval times.  I don't see any specific things about crafting, but that doesn't mean the man doesn't know or have interesting ideas about crafting.  But quite a good resume.
    Some googling tells us that he's consulting them:
      https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/comments/84etr5/discussionkingdom_come_deliverance_mmorpg_will/

It's a good resume, but buying a history professor to consult you and so that you can use their name in Kickstarter doesn't tell us anything about who are the people who plan to do full-time work on this game.
    Mendelcraftseeker

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    Vrika said:
    Mendel said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/comments/84etr5/discussionkingdom_come_deliverance_mmorpg_will/

It's a good resume, but buying a history professor to consult you and so that you can use their name in Kickstarter doesn't tell us anything about who are the people who plan to do full-time work on this game.
    Very true.  Good research and factual information doesn't equal a good abstraction or quality implementation.  So much can go wrong just trying to make a model of a process.  They might be using historical experts for their sources, but who is going to translate that knowledge into a virtual system will make or break the success.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

Mendel said:
    Vrika said:
    Mendel said:

Very true.  Good research and factual information doesn't equal a good abstraction or quality implementation.  So much can go wrong just trying to make a model of a process.  They might be using historical experts for their sources, but who is going to translate that knowledge into a virtual system will make or break the success.

Agreed, I've watched people thread chainmail at Ren Fairs and while quite tedious and challenging, no way do I want to simulate that in an online world.

craftseekerWraithone

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Ohh man, awesome!! Where could this possibly go wrong?

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Kyleran[Deleted User]IselinDakeru
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

lahnmir said:

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Nowhere, it's a solid 100% going to be made by 2020 and will be the BEST MMORPG we have ever seen, with all of the information they are providing. 
    Wraithone
    lahnmir said:

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Nowhere, it's a solid 100% going to be made by 2020 and will be the BEST MMORPG we have ever seen, with all of the information they are providing. 
    Absolutely no P2W either, for sure. 

Panther2103

• k61977k61977 Member EpicPosts: 1,503
    So lets do a kickstarter with an amount that is no where realistic. Really wish they would just stop already with this type of crap. If you are trying to make your game an MMO you better be bringing the big bucks to do it. Hell even a game made back in 2004 timeline, really before that, World of Warcraft cost upward of $200 million to make. So let's just forget about inflation, what people expect of a modern MMO, ect...and throw out some low balled trash number so we can get someone to pay our personal bills while we say we are working on a game that will never be finished for that amount.
    craftseeker
    Kyleran said:
    lahnmir said:

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Absolutely no P2W either, for sure. 

How could they possibly have P2W, there was no P2W in the Medieval times, only monthly subscriptions of 15$
    WellspringKyleranTheocritus
  • SabracSabrac Member UncommonPosts: 138
    $600,000 seems like too little for a MMO considering that they cost several millions to make and armies of 1,000 people? thats very ambitious to say the least.

I don't wanna sound pesimist but this project raises many red flags to me.
  • WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464
    Sabrac said:
    $600,000 seems like too little for a MMO considering that they cost several millions to make and armies of 1,000 people? thats very ambitious to say the least.

I don't wanna sound pesimist but this project raises many red flags to me.
    At least they give an accurate preview of the framerate to expect...

KyleranTillerDakeruSabrac
    --------------------------------------------
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,837
    Well, they managed one thing. They've created an even less appealing Kickstarter MMO than CoE, and that's an achievement.
    Kylerancraftseeker
  • AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    Just merge with the Gloria Victis team and finish/add-onto that game.
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • blamo2000blamo2000 Member RarePosts: 1,130
    What is said looks good but can be twisted and spun into any type of game. I hope it ends up being an actual mmorpg with real mmorpg stuff, but I have a creeping suspicion it is going to be a crafting game that people call survival games for no coherent reason. Or a MOBA. Or a kid's game with no rpg mechanics, or such sophomoric rpg mechanics, that they may as well not include them as they don't matter, yet will be praised by the masses as being majestic because they are so deep they are "hidden" and "under the hood" and other meaningless platitudes that make adults feel better about playing children's games devoid of any and all complexity. I really hope I'm wrong and have to eat my words.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    I have a feeling a lot of white knights are about to be deflowered. 
    MadFrenchieKylerancraftseekerDakeruAnOldFart
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    timeframe is a bit full right now.  With Gloria Victis, Black Death, and LiF,  I think a different time period might work better.

I self identify as a monkey.

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Yet another hardcore PVP-based medieval MMO ?

The field is getting a little bit crowded, lol

I wonder how all these games are going to survive, they all seem to be chasing the same tiny niche audience...
    KyleranAsheramcraftseeker
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    edited May 2018

Too bad that Mount & Blade Bannerlord is going to make all these medieval games irrelevant when it releases in 2077. Though its not an mmo per say modders will most likely create something close to one with it.