Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

First Impressions (Steam Version) - TheHiveLeader - Bless Videos - MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• AnnaTSAnnaTS Member UncommonPosts: 600
    DMKano said:
    AnnaTS said:
    I think if anything is going to put me off playing this game, I think it's going to be the combat, I really would have preferred if they would have made it more like Skyforge and didn't have these combos.

I'm going to wait until i can get more information on how the Paladin plays with the combos, It's not even the class i actually want to play, It's the mystic i am more interested in playing.

I don't like the idea of skills being locked in a combo system.

Have you ever played Korean or Japan version that doesn't have the combo system?

The original system is awesome because you can put abilites on a quick slot bar and just use them as you need them - like in other MMORPGs. 

So for a mage (what I played) - I had my AoE abilities lined up so I could fire those off in dungeons to burst down adds.

With the new system - can't do that - have to go through some single target rotation (or worse - one of the stances has a pushback chain opener - which is awful in dungeons) - that you have to do before you can AoE.

I have no clue how taking freedom away is a "better" system honestly - so I am very skeptical - but hopefully Neowiz can prove me wrong and the reworked combat turns out to be a better system - I just don't see how

Also why did they take away the shift abilities??? Just strange.
    No i haven't , I only play games once they have released in NA or EU region, I did have a mess around with a talent build calculator a while ago, Not sure where i found it now. 

I was just under the impression they were just going to make the combat more faster and smooth, That's why i never thought they were starting from scratch.

I just don't understand why they have added combos because it seems you can only use some skills once you get to where they are in the combo rotation. 

This is the one thing that is putting me off buying the game straight away. 
  • TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 20,179
    I'm a PvE guy but I'm thinking of playing this and PK'ing the hell out of people who whine and cry. :lol: Seriously. ;)
    BruceYeeShaighblueturtle13IceDarkKajidourden
    Fedora - A modern, free, and open source Operating System. https://getfedora.org/

traveller, interloper, anomaly, iteration

• HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,520

Iselin said:

YashaX said:

DMKano said:

The game is a PvP game at heart - so PvE players know what you are getting into.

What makes it a "pvp game at heart"? Gameplay wise looks like a typical pve grinder with some pvp tacked on, with the prize going to the players that pve the hardest.

It sounded like mostly open world PvP.  Is it zoned or flagged?

It's open world where you're always flagged for PVP unless you buy an item that unflags you for a limited time. I forget how long it unflags you for but it's minutes not hours.

Yeah and that limited item last a total of 10 minutes. Zero interest in this game and all the hype around it. This game failed in 3 markets. The U.S. market is the games last chance. It feels like eastern game companies before they shutdown a game try to see if they can get money from U.S. gamer's where a game fails everywhere else.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 14,569
    Hariken said:

Iselin said:

YashaX said:

DMKano said:

The game is a PvP game at heart - so PvE players know what you are getting into.

What makes it a "pvp game at heart"? Gameplay wise looks like a typical pve grinder with some pvp tacked on, with the prize going to the players that pve the hardest.

It sounded like mostly open world PvP.  Is it zoned or flagged?

It's open world where you're always flagged for PVP unless you buy an item that unflags you for a limited time. I forget how long it unflags you for but it's minutes not hours.

Yeah and that limited item last a total of 10 minutes. Zero interest in this game and all the hype around it. This game failed in 3 markets. The U.S. market is the games last chance. It feels like eastern game companies before they shutdown a game try to see if they can get money from U.S. gamer's where a game fails everywhere else.
    I really don't understand why anyone would want to play this game for PVE unless they're really desperate for an Anime character creator fix. It's a game for open world PVPers.
    blueturtle13TorvalYashaXKyleran
    “Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

"... the "influencers" which is the tech name we call sell outs now..."
    __ Wizardry, 2020
  • OrinoriOrinori Member RarePosts: 751
    edited May 2018
    What do you get when you kill a player? and what are consequences to being killed by a player? Why is the game considered as "It's a game for open world PVPers."?
    YashaX
    Orinori said:
    What do you get when you kill a player? and what are consequences to being killed by a player? Why is the game considered as "It's a game for open world PVPers."?
    -Always Flagged for Faction PvP
    -Can only PK enemy Faction
    -No safe zones
    -Level 30+ Quests Shared with Enemy Faction
    -Certain towns have guards that aggro players in combat..?
    -Players above 10 levels will show as "??" in their names.
    -You get EXP for killing players!
    -Channel System to Run Away or Hunt Players
    -You can ninja PK AFK players!
    -Can PK/PvP Right Outside Dungeon Entrances
    -1v1 PvP over 6 Levels miss a lot of attacks.
    -There is an Item that will make you immune to PK for 10minutes.
    -Group Questing is more Common Level 30+

https://steparu.com/previews/mmorpg/1971-bless-online-open-world-faction-pvp-information

OrinoriTorvalYashaX
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

__ Wizardry, 2020
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 4,637
    this game is gonna bomb
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 2,702
    Iselin said:
    Orinori said:
    -No safe zones

https://steparu.com/previews/mmorpg/1971-bless-online-open-world-faction-pvp-information

Thanks for that. Do you know if there is any "meaning" behind the pvp besides just ganking/killing other players? Like are there territories or keeps to take, or some way to advance your faction through pvp?
    YashaX said:
    Iselin said:
    Orinori said:
    -No safe zones

Thanks for that. Do you know if there is any "meaning" behind the pvp besides just ganking/killing other players? Like are there territories or keeps to take, or some way to advance your faction through pvp?
    No I don't. I haven't looked into it all that much since I decided not to play it.
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

__ Wizardry, 2020
  • TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 20,179
    We know questing is contested areas so there is that reason. Also if there are public dungeons and delves then there would be that as well.

When I played Lineage there were people who were better at sieges, great at farming hot spots for drops, pvp, etc. I could see a well organized guild having groups that like to keep enemy faction out of the area and let dungeon runners farm. They share the loot from the hauls. We did this a lot. It didn't mean every run went that way, but we organized gear runs for the guild and shared.

We would decide whether chase items got sold for adena or whether they were given to another guildie. The guildie would then pay a fee to the group to be split amongst the members. It was much less than what it would sell for. We all decided on what it would be before hand and then we could choose to buy out if we had the money. That's a big reason we would farm adena outside of guild runs.

So there are reasons to pve. You're trying to get the upper hand in pvp. In games like this getting the upper hand through gear is important by any legal (within the rules of the game) means.

People who "purely" want to pvp will probably need to cooperate with people who like to pvpve and cooperate with them. Guild organization is likely to be critical to success imo.
    blueturtle13
    Fedora - A modern, free, and open source Operating System. https://getfedora.org/

traveller, interloper, anomaly, iteration

• TheocritusTheocritus Member EpicPosts: 7,748
    Iselin said:
    Orinori said:
    -No safe zones

That just doesn't sound fun to me.
    Exin
  • TillerTiller Member EpicPosts: 8,941
    Informative video, but I'll wait to see what A:IR offers, which is the last Korean MMO I'll even consider looking at.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

Iselin said:
    Orinori said:
    -No safe zones

/shrug

I enjoy good PVP as well as PVE. My favorite MMO ever was DAoC and I did both there. Same with WAR, GW2 and ESO. I just have a preference for segregated PVP and what others find fun in OWPVP, the risk of it happening anywhere at any time I personally find annoying when I want to just zone out and mindlessly kill mobs.

PVP done well takes more alertness and engagement while you play. If I had to be ready for that all the time it'd feel more like a job than a game to me :)
    Rhiow-Darkstep
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

__ Wizardry, 2020
  • JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,510

Iselin said:

Orinori said:

-No safe zones

It will interest some players and in that sense it is doing me a favour. While they are busy ganking and griefing lower levels in Bless they are somewhere else, not in my game.

Looking at the list, what an unholy mess. It doesn't matter how much they have revamped the combat when you are getting repeatedly one shotted while trying to play.

Third time's a charm eh Bless? We'll see. This has got short term cash grab written all over it.
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    As a mostly PVE player...in MOST MMOs, this actually works for me. This isn't free for all death match PvP I thought bless was, since I saw so many people complaining about it. Instead its like DAOC...that is amazing. I loved DAOC faction vs faction system. Same with WoW as well.

And here is what seems to be the death penalty

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bless/comments/8hygxr/what_is_dropped_in_death_pve_and_what_in_pvp/

Maybe a bit of durability loss if correct and run to corpse. Though I guess can lose runes too if AOE too much and get attacked by guards.

So pretty much like a WoW PvP server pre-BoA

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    People who go into OWPVP game threads to complain about OWPVP and whine about "gankers" "pk'ers" or use insulting words to describe people who play things competitively really deserve to to have all of their favorite activities ganked.  :D
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯