Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ArcheAge - Are Fresh Starts Just a Phase? - MMORPG.com

13»

Comments

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    hydrone said:
    I personally like the FS server. I played EQ ones a couple times, AA now. I will probably try wow.. Nostalgia or just being even with everyone else is what brings me back.
    Its hard to complete with players that have been playing 3,5,10,20 years.. but on FS the field is level once again
    I understand wanting a fresh do-over especially if you're nowhere near the top in the standard server but nostalgia for something that's just 3 years old? 

I guess modern life is accelerated in many ways but I can't say I've ever felt nostalgic for redoing what I did just last week :)
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• BonejokerBonejoker Member UncommonPosts: 67

The new gearing system In Archeage now is similar to BDO. The mobs drop different weapon in delphinad level and its free. In Archeage you can choose to get a gear. You can craft a gear that can cost a lot of labor and RNG or you can grind a mobs to get a gear and upgrade almost free. If you are new player you can catch up them by buying crystallize gear very cheap it is half price. It is called crystallize in Archeage but in BDO it is called failstack. The new gear in Archeage it is called Hiram it is drop from the mobs in auroria. This Hiram gear you can upgrade higher than ayanad. If you failed to upgrade this gear it become crystallize, you can still use and tradeable also very cheap. So new people can afford to buy. This crystallize gear you can recover by purchasing scroll in honor shop. The different of crafting gear now you can transmute. Example if your gear is delphinad flame, you can transmute to delphinad gale if you want to be a archer. You can choose if you want to p2w or not but it end in similar gear score. I play in legacy server but I grind the new gear because I know this new people can catch up my gear score in a few months without paying real money.

the game still p2w ?
    I really like the system fishing and trade but the p2w ruined the game at the time that one had to defend his wagon they killed you very fast and they are new players because when the server started everyone knew the strongest.
    Star Wars: The Old Republic
    Elite: Dangerous
  • KiwiHypeKiwiHype Member UncommonPosts: 233
    edited May 2018

Every time there has been a fresh start there has been a featured fluff piece on this site which absolutely ignores all the blatant foolery that Trion does. The articles that get featured here have bigger rose colored glasses than people on Archeages own forums. Associate Editors can WTF this comment too.

No one is ignoring anything. There is just nothing new about what people complain about when it comes to this game (or many others for that matter.) Everyone complaining about this article is ignoring what it's about. It's not about ArcheAge as a whole, it's about Fresh Start. This one, the only one currently in play and it's phases

With this in mind look forward to more column's from writers here who volunteer to share what they enjoy playing regardless of whats new/popular and just an FYI I didn't choose to play a Fresh Start for the first, let along the second time - to then spend more precious time complaining about it.

Who does that?

Have a great rest of your weekend y'all its a good one for gaming!

Edit: Shortened links again to deter the wall of quoted text...

Post edited by KiwiHype on
  • krgwynnekrgwynne Member UncommonPosts: 119
    I have tried every fresh start hoping for an experience like the first few month of release but the magic is just not there its a bland experience compared to the first time. even tried the rift one and found it a let down.
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    KiwiHype said:

Every time there has been a fresh start there has been a featured fluff piece on this site which absolutely ignores all the blatant foolery that Trion does. The articles that get featured here have bigger rose colored glasses than people on Archeages own forums. Associate Editors can WTF this comment too.

No one is ignoring anything. There is just nothing new about what people complain about when it comes to this game (or many others for that matter.) Everyone complaining about this article is ignoring what it's about. It's not about ArcheAge as a whole, it's about Fresh Start. This one, the only one currently in play and it's phases

With this in mind look forward to more column's from writers here who volunteer to share what they enjoy playing regardless of whats new/popular and just an FYI I didn't choose to play a Fresh Start for the first, let along the second time - to then spend more precious time complaining about it.

Who does that?

Have a great rest of your weekend y'all its a good one for gaming!

Edit: Shortened links again to deter the wall of quoted text...

"As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • lucyluffy101lucyluffy101 Member UncommonPosts: 152
    How about people in MMO's community make a petition to remove p2w in AA? If they get 1M+ vote I'm sure they going to remove p2w. XLgame make this game p2w because they worry to loss more money. AA is not a type of other MMO's that have very simple concept. The world of AA is dynamic, you can grow plants and other living things anywhere in the map and those thing have a timer. Also it is open world housing, you can see the world is improving if player made a progress. I guess if they stop the p2w and have only hundred player it become similar happen to wildstar and other MMO's without giving update and it's hard to recover because no money. XLgame is making own game engine and it is cost a lot of money.They need to publish own game too.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    There may even be a move for all MMOs to have an apocalypse endgame, they are searching for new ideas. But games which have players investing money before game launch will have a real problem with that.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500
    Scot said:
    There may even be a move for all MMOs to have an apocalypse endgame, they are searching for new ideas. But games which have players investing money before game launch will have a real problem with that.
    While AA is the poster child of server resets, its clear from the recent Rift relaunch, Defiance 2050 update, excitement for official WOW vanilla servers and even Crowfalls design many players favor a fresh start.

I think going forward we'll see more MMOs offer fresh start servers as part of the business model, saves a ton of money over having to endlessly deliver new content. 
    Scot

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• FilburFilbur Member UncommonPosts: 254
    ArcheAge is one of the worst offenders when it comes to cash shops.

One of the best MMOs destroyed by one of the worst P2W systems...

• SwampySackSwampySack Member UncommonPosts: 24
    tried AA the first month it was out. got to maybe early 30s & some griefer was hunting lowbies down while questing. he camped the spawn area & killed everyone repeatedly. watched this go on for about 20mins & dude was really enjoying his time. unfortunately for the rest of us stuck with unfinished quest hugging the safe zone.. im all for pvp in a game, but not during questing & still learning the class & skills. certainly not at low lv & extremely under geared.. not sure if they did anything to fix that system.
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    tried AA the first month it was out. got to maybe early 30s & some griefer was hunting lowbies down while questing. he camped the spawn area & killed everyone repeatedly. watched this go on for about 20mins & dude was really enjoying his time. unfortunately for the rest of us stuck with unfinished quest hugging the safe zone.. im all for pvp in a game, but not during questing & still learning the class & skills. certainly not at low lv & extremely under geared.. not sure if they did anything to fix that system.
    Precisely why I refuse to play this game.

• blamo2000blamo2000 Member RarePosts: 1,130
    Kyleran said:
    Scot said:
    While AA is the poster child of server resets, its clear from the recent Rift relaunch, Defiance 2050 update, excitement for official WOW vanilla servers and even Crowfalls design many players favor a fresh start.

I think going forward we'll see more MMOs offer fresh start servers as part of the business model, saves a ton of money over having to endlessly deliver new content. 
    What do you mean by Crowfall's design?  They aren't going to do server wipes or anything crazy, are they?
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500
    blamo2000 said:
    Kyleran said:
    Scot said:

What do you mean by Crowfall's design?  They aren't going to do server wipes or anything crazy, are they?
    By design the world is split into Eternal Kingoms, which are persistent and sort of a players "base."

However the real action is in the limited time campaign worlds which reset periodically.

"Campaign in Crowfall is a feature that differs this MMO from others. Each Campaign World is like a separate “server” – a realm where players complete quests and fight against each other. The difference from traditional servers is that these Worlds exist for limited time (1 month, 3 months and so on) and finally die. After the end all players who were playing at that realm receive special rewards, return to their Eternal Kingdoms and can join new campaign.

Key idea of such mechanics is to avoid total domination of a player or group of players on a certain server. "

https://crowfall.club/campaign

Mikehablamo2000

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• blamo2000blamo2000 Member RarePosts: 1,130
    Kyleran said:
    blamo2000 said:
    Kyleran said:
    Scot said:

By design the world is split into Eternal Kingoms, which are persistent and sort of a players "base."

However the real action is in the limited time campaign worlds which reset periodically.

"Campaign in Crowfall is a feature that differs this MMO from others. Each Campaign World is like a separate “server” – a realm where players complete quests and fight against each other. The difference from traditional servers is that these Worlds exist for limited time (1 month, 3 months and so on) and finally die. After the end all players who were playing at that realm receive special rewards, return to their Eternal Kingdoms and can join new campaign.

Key idea of such mechanics is to avoid total domination of a player or group of players on a certain server. "

https://crowfall.club/campaign

Thank you very much for the information and explanation.