Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Questions about horses

Is it worth buying the low level horse at lvl35

Can your horse teleport with you say to SI?

If you die and are bound far from horse will it come to you?

Do horses travel off the roads or do you have to leave them by the road?

Is there any upkeep cost?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• YarosYaros Member Posts: 280

Originally posted by freshgirl

Is it worth buying the low level horse at lvl35
    Can your horse teleport with you say to SI?
    If you die and are bound far from horse will it come to you?
    Do horses travel off the roads or do you have to leave them by the road?
    Is there any upkeep cost?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Even slower horse is better then no horse, unless you are speed class (bard, minstrel, skald)

You can summon horse after teleporting, any zone except underground (for lvl 35 horse, you can't use it in rvr zones)

Yes, you can summon it after death

They travel anywhere, offroad too

No upkeep cost

• freshgirlfreshgirl Member Posts: 22

Thanks that answered everything.  Too bad you cant take it to RVR though. 

My clunky Firbolg VW is as slow as a snail and a horse sounds like a good idea!

• JulianDracosJulianDracos Member UncommonPosts: 1,528
    The only reason to buy the level 35 horse is if you plan on walking around a lot.  Other than that it is a waste of money.  Given how quickly you can TP around now, there is little reason to bother with that horse.  Even the 1p horse I am not sure is worth it, but at least that one you can take into RvR. 

If you plan on doing the DR quests then perhaps the horse might be useful.  You will need to do a lot of traveling in areas without a TP near. 

• TormentTomTormentTom Member Posts: 37
    I find my horse,  the 35 one,  to be an asset. I love it. I can now travel far to places I have wanted to explore.

I bought the horse and its certainly an improvement especially for questing.  If all you want to do is level up TDs all the time then I wouldnt have bothered but that gets so boring.

• loraelinloraelin Member Posts: 1
    I agree that a level 35 horse is an asset. From 35 -50 you tend to do a lot of questing, and it sure saves a LOT of time doing that. Especially on things like the Ancestral Keeper run in Midgard ... ofc a Skald is still more than useful :-)

True, it costs a little money, but u can get 90% back when u upgrade to a 1p horse later on.

Oh and although ythic assure us that the major 15p horses are the same speed as the 1p steeds -- I'm pretty sure the big ones are faster. My Rainbow Unicorn (don't ask -- the guild made me get it!) beats a chestnut horse in a race every time.

• KaledorKaledor Member Posts: 35

Mythic stated that the speed of the horse will increase as you get the higher level horses.  Epic mounts are the fast.

Horse can be used in RvR, just that if you get hit you get knocked off the horse.

So you can get 90% back when you upgrade?  How, can you sell your old horse?
  • YarosYaros Member Posts: 280
    You can sell it to the merchant in throne room who sells them.

• flynn444flynn444 Member UncommonPosts: 67

Originally posted by Kaledor

Mythic stated that the speed of the horse will increase as you get the higher level horses.  Epic mounts are the fast.

Link please.  As far as I know, all DR mounts travel at the same speed.  The basic mount, the one you can buy at level 35 with our without the DR expansion, travels slower.
  • JulianDracosJulianDracos Member UncommonPosts: 1,528

Basic horse is 35% more than basic run speed.  Can be purchased at level 35.  I believe the cost is 250gp.  These cannot be used in frontier zones

DR horses are 50% more than basic run speed.  You can purchase the first horse at level 45 for 1p.  It looks like the Basic horse, but is faster.  You can also add armor and barding to these horses depending on your Champion level.

Epic Mounts travel the exact same speed as the DR horses.  They just look pretty :)  Not pretty enough for me to spend 15p . . .

http://www.camelotherald.com/more/2211.shtml