Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is the game wroth buying? yes/no? why?.

shadowpowashadowpowa Member UncommonPosts: 24

Hello guys , i just wanted to ask if its really wroth to buy this game?

in the last few days i was thinking ... how much can i play world of warcraft it have been over 1 year now

and same thing happend with planetside (after 2 years of playing) so i started to search for a new game...

and bla..bla..bla... my friend recommanded me to try Auto Assault.. the only problam is that i missed the..

beta of the game and i just came here to ask you folks what is the game like and is it wroth buying..

AND PLZ dont just say yes/no because i need to know why yes and why not  , to know if the game suits me.

peace

shadow.

Comments

• DanjakDanjak Member Posts: 197

I happen to love AA and am very glad that I got it.  It's got mission conventions similar to other MMORPGs (especially WoW), so it feels familiar and comfortable in that regard, but the actual gameplay is completely different than anything else out on the market.  It's a hell of a lot fun. 

I enjoy it because of:  1) the incredibly fun combat, 2) the beautiful graphics, 3) the well-written stories, 4) the top-notch crafting system, 5) the fully destructable environments, 6) some of the best pvp I've played, 7) the post-apocalyptic wasteland setting, and 8) the great, friendly group of people that play it. 

It's not for everyone - no game is - but it's definitely for me.  I've played WoW, EQ, EQ2, DAoC, EVE, etc., and this one has the most pure fun that I've experienced in any MMORPG. 

• Clever_GloveClever_Glove Member Posts: 996

Danjak is right on the money.

About the only thing I can add to that, is how stable and bug free the game has been. I've had no problems getting logged in. The client has never dropped me to the desktop or even locked up.

There are minor issues, but all games have those.

If you pick it up, go mutant... everyone is a pinky.

-=-=-=-=-
    Achievers realise that killers as a concept are necessary in order to make achievement meaningful and worthwhile (there being no way to "lose" the game if any fool can "win" just by plodding slowly unchallenged). -bartle

Bartle: A: 93% E: 55% S:3% K: 50% The Test. Learn what it means here.

• shadowpowashadowpowa Member UncommonPosts: 24

Why mutant? what is the special thing to this race/army (whatever)

i tought about going to the freaks with the things that they plant in their body just coze it sounds cool ...

well i have ordered the game now tnx for making my life easyer :P

last thing i have to ask is : what are the benefits of each of the races and what should i pick up...

u said mutant.. the quastion is why? and what the other armys have to offer?.

Another quastion is : is all the game goes around pvp? like killing other players on their vehs ,

players that are on the foe armys? or is it like going and killing some mobs and lvl up like in any mmorpg

or how the game goes basicly... how u lvl up u do what? some 1 said that there are missions so from that

i understand that besides fighting against other armys u also fight against beasts and stuff like that to lvl u up

or is it some other kind of missions? tnx.

Originally posted by shadowpowa

i tought about going to the freaks with the things that they plant in their body just coze it sounds cool ...
    last thing i have to ask is : what are the benefits of each of the races and what should i pick up...
    Another quastion is : is all the game goes around pvp? like killing other players on their vehs ,
    players that are on the foe armys? or is it like going and killing some mobs and lvl up like in any mmorpg
    or how the game goes basicly... how u lvl up u do what? some 1 said that there are missions so from that
    i understand that besides fighting against other armys u also fight against beasts and stuff like that to lvl u up

Couple reasons for picking mutant:  they have the best storylines, the most polished areas, more interesting environment, AND... are currently underpopulated.  I originally made a human, but rerolled when I saw that humans outnumbered mutants and biomeks combined.  But make which ever one is coolest to you.  Biomeks are underpopulated as well, so that's another good choice.  I just wouldn't contribute to the numbers advantage of the humans.

The advantages of the races are as follows:  humans get regnerating shields, mutants heal themselves automatically, and biomeks have more hit points and armor. 

Most of the game is pve.  Actually, if you've played DAoC, it's exactly like that.  Three seperate realms where each race gets to play and level up in relative safety with a contested area in the middle that you can go to to pvp.  You can also pvp whenever you wish by signing up for arena matches.  Pvp in Auto Assault is completely consensual - you don't have to pvp if you don't want to, but it's there if you do. 

As for the pve part, the game takes place in a post-apocalypic world following a nuclear holocaust.  Since that time, roving bands of thugs and mutated wildlife have taken over.  You mostly fight these foes to level up.

I suspected the PvP may come up.

PvP is like WoW BG's + DAoC frontiers. You can go to the arena anytime for 1v1 up to 32v32 death matches or CTF. Maybe some other types.

The BG's are cross server, so queue time should always be short. They have tourneys on the weekends.

Also Ground Zero (GZ) is levels 60-80 it has captureable points, like DAoC. It is open PvP, you can roam around and gank people or whatever in GZ.  It's allso a cross server instance.

There is a PvP and PvE version of GZ, as it's also the high end raid zone. If your a person that wants no PvP in AA, you can have that also... but IMHO your missing out on the most fun you can have in a MMO.

Why Mutant? They get a self-heal, they are green and from what I hear have much better quest lines. Everyone and their dog is a pinky. It's like picking horde in WoW.  There is nothing specifically better about them other than they are the underdogs in number.

-=-=-=-=-
    Achievers realise that killers as a concept are necessary in order to make achievement meaningful and worthwhile (there being no way to "lose" the game if any fool can "win" just by plodding slowly unchallenged). -bartle

Originally posted by Danjak

Couple reasons for picking mutant:  they have the best storylines, the most polished areas, more interesting environment, AND... are currently underpopulated.  I originally made a human, but rerolled when I saw that humans outnumbered mutants and biomeks combined.  But make which ever one is coolest to you.  Biomeks are underpopulated as well, so that's another good choice.  I just wouldn't contribute to the numbers advantage of the humans.
    The advantages of the races are as follows:  humans get regnerating shields, mutants heal themselves automatically, and biomeks have more hit points and armor. 
    Most of the game is pve.  Actually, if you've played DAoC, it's exactly like that.  Three seperate realms where each race gets to play and level up in relative safety with a contested area in the middle that you can go to to pvp.  You can also pvp whenever you wish by signing up for arena matches.  Pvp in Auto Assault is completely consensual - you don't have to pvp if you don't want to, but it's there if you do. 
    As for the pve part, the game takes place in a post-apocalypic world following a nuclear holocaust.  Since that time, roving bands of thugs and mutated wildlife have taken over.  You mostly fight these foes to level up.

A bizarre analogy that sorta works in terms of race abilities:
    Human = protoss (shields regen, damage to car does not)
    Bio-mek = human (nothing regens)
    Mutant = zerg (car heals at a slow rate)

Although only in a very basic "what regens" point of view, AA races/classes aren't anything like SC.

-=-=-=-=-

/sigh, everything I post today is double posting.

-=-=-=-=-

• MythagoMythago Member Posts: 23

AA is fun.

Not much more to say, except that it is a new MMO and inevitably has a few starting issues that need the first patch to fix.

Not a MMO for the hardcore MMO player though, casual play is the name of the game.

Did I mention it is fun?

Originally posted by Mythago

AA is fun.
    Not much more to say, except that it is a new MMO and inevitably has a few starting issues that need the first patch to fix.
    Not a MMO for the hardcore MMO player though, casual play is the name of the game.
    Did I mention it is fun?

Just for kicks, becuase the term means different things to everyone. What do mean by "hardcore MMO"

-=-=-=-=-

• DrachonisDrachonis Member Posts: 183
    Yes this game is definetly wort check out... I love it 

well where do u pick this quasts? some "quast guy" ?

any window to check ur quasts? and u get new guasts every time u finish a quast or it depends on ur lvl?

ya i just ordered the game , going to play the mutants i guess , hope to see u all in game (altought its impossible:P)

and dont forget to answer my quastions ^^^

btw is it like u go out u fight and get back to town to buy sell and fix or u have some kind of ammo and u have to

get back to town when u need more ammo or w/e... do u have anykind of stuff to fix ur car when ur fighting?

or u have go back to town for that?

and last quastion is : every kind of foe in the game have it weaknesses? so if ur going to fight this foes ur going to

take this wepon instad of that .. u know abite of thinking what is the ultimate way to kill those guys

and what kind of classes there is? and what they do? .

tnx.

Forgot to say , i hope ur right about the hardcoring ... i mean i am not an hardcore player ...

i hope that i dont need to sit like 24 hours to play only to get 1 lvl :X

i can play maby 2 hours a day or 3 max

• AlfonsoMVAlfonsoMV Member Posts: 30

You get quests from NPCs with a big glowing aura around them. They're pretty easy to locate, just look around for tall, stationary lights that fade the higher they go.

You open your quest window, by default, with "J"

Forgot to say , i hope ur right about the hardcoring ... i mean i am not an hardcore player ...
    i hope that i dont need to sit like 24 hours to play only to get 1 lvl :X
    i can play maby 2 hours a day or 3 max

What does "hard core" mean? Sometimes it means you need to play many hours per day. Sometimes it means it takes a long time to level. Sometimes it means you need 300 people to kill a single mob. Sometimes it means a attitude. And many many more.

If you mean does AA require you to stay logged in many hours at a time. No, you don't need to. AA is most solo-friendly MMO I've seen. You can get to 1-80 solo if you wish. It seems all the instances are soloable.

Of course people that play 24/7 are going to level faster than you.

-=-=-=-=-

Ok , tnx for ur help guys i hope that i will get the game befor sunday

btw any1 here is a mutant maby i will be able to see him in game

• rottrottrottrott Member Posts: 4
    Never ever I have posted anything in any forum(kinda think it's a waste of time)..I am one of the first people that played Asheron call and EQ.....I decided to post for the first time......I been playing MMORG for years...to call AA or Guild Wars a MMORG is a complete insult...It's like calling Rap music actual music.....The games have no place on this website.....What really upset's is the fact that all these Quake and Doom players are the onces rating these games....AA is the same as playing Quake or Doom...you enter the game....shoot at everything as fast as you can and level.....There is no substance to the game....I pray that developers don't go that route....building games for the people that have a IQ level below 20...but rating Guild Wars or AA above EQ or WOW really frightens me...it's like watching a asian behind the wheel of a car....Look all I am saying they should keep all those Quake,Doom players on Nintendo or one of those play stations.
  • anarchyartanarchyart Member Posts: 5,378

Originally posted by rottrott
    Never ever I have posted anything in any forum(kinda think it's a waste of time)..I am one of the first people that played Asheron call and EQ.....I decided to post for the first time......I been playing MMORG for years...to call AA or Guild Wars a MMORG is a complete insult...It's like calling Rap music actual music.....The games have no place on this website.....What really upset's is the fact that all these Quake and Doom players are the onces rating these games....AA is the same as playing Quake or Doom...you enter the game....shoot at everything as fast as you can and level.....There is no substance to the game....I pray that developers don't go that route....building games for the people that have a IQ level below 20...but rating Guild Wars or AA above EQ or WOW really frightens me...it's like watching a asian behind the wheel of a car....Look all I am saying they should keep all those Quake,Doom players on Nintendo or one of those play stations.

This is a really stupid post and I can tell from reading it you haven't even tried Auto Assault! But your reference to Asians driving shows me that you are a racist and now I'm understanding why you would be prejudiced against Auto Assault.

Just so you know, Auto Assault has EVERYTHING that EQ and WoW have. Except elves. There are tons of quests and areas to explore (10 gigs worth d00d), an engaging and interesting crafting system, PVP, tons of skills and items and tons of cars. You can group or solo, you can join a guild; it has every comfort that any successful MMORPG has plus one: the most enjoyable combat system you will ever have experienced in an MMORPG.

At least try a game before you knock it.

• fsbaconfsbacon Member Posts: 5
    i personally love the game its alot like WoW except that your in a huge truck or car what ever your want to drive. but its a great game and really fun but at times its can get a bit boring because you keep on doing the same thing over again but besides that is great

If I may speculate:  This is actually an EVE or Guild Wars player right here. He's upset that AA keeps trading spots with EVE and Guild Wars in the rankings and has posted in a fake, rambling style to bash the game.  He will then go and rate this game a 1.0 and boost his chosen game, even though he's never played AA. 

How nice. 
  • djpearcedjpearce Member Posts: 38

Well as someone whose main character in EQ (not EQ2) has logged over 2,500 hours of playtime, I would definitely rate AA as far above EQ, that game is simply out of date and is over-rated imho on the rankings board compared to the newer games out.
    I soloed virtually all the way through EQ as a Bard so I see no problem with being able to solo all the way in this game, that a game requires a group is a bad thing.
    Have grouped plenty in AA, every time a new boss appears for a start.
    If you ask me it is the best game available at the moment but then I never did enjoy sitting about doing nothing for hours on end, if I wanted that type of game then I would have played EVE for longer.

• SniviusSnivius Member Posts: 39

It never ceases to amaze me how people purporting to be experts continue to slam Auto Assault claiming it is not REALLY an MMOPRG.  It's as if they can't see past the novel destructable high speed environment to notice that AA has EACH and EVERY core component of every big "MMORPG" even made.

Quests with game text flavor which differs MARKEDLY by faction

The ability to communicate with other players in broadcast or private mode

The ability to form perpetual consentual associations like a guild

The ability to form temporary associations like a group or convoy (PLUS BUILT-IN VOICECHAT) for either social purposes or to combine forces to defeat boss mobs a little further into the game

The ability to create and market gear

The ability to pit skills against other players

... not to mention the core mechanics of damage infliction on imaginary foes controlled either AI or by other players for the sake of advancing the power of your character relative to the gameworld at large.

So, I would have to agree with others that this poster probably never actually played the game, and certainly never checked out the scene with all three different factions to detect how different the flavor and atmosphere is for each.

Finally, given this poster's penchant for overt racist comments, coupled with his propensity to directly insult people whose opinions he does not share, I would suggest that he return to his original strategy of not posting in forums.

• MizBHavenMizBHaven Member Posts: 38

Originally posted by Snivius

It never ceases to amaze me how people purporting to be experts continue to slam Auto Assault claiming it is not REALLY an MMOPRG.  It's as if they can't see past the novel destructable high speed environment to notice that AA has EACH and EVERY core component of every big "MMORPG" even made.

The ability to form temporary associations like a group or convoy (PLUS BUILT-IN VOICECHAT) for either social purposes or to combine forces to defeat boss mobs a little further into the game

... not to mention the core mechanics of damage infliction on imaginary foes controlled either AI or by other players for the sake of advancing the power of your character relative to the gameworld at large.

So, I would have to agree with others that this poster probably never actually played the game, and certainly never checked out the scene with all three different factions to detect how different the flavor and atmosphere is for each.

Finally, given this poster's penchant for overt racist comments, coupled with his propensity to directly insult people whose opinions he does not share, I would suggest that he return to his original strategy of not posting in forums.

Well said Snivius.

My only comment to rottrott is, before saying things like "...building games for the people that have a IQ level below 20", you should at least check your own spelling and grammar so you do not come across as having a low IQ score yourself.

Originally posted by Snivius

While you are absolutely correct Snivius, the qualification to be a MMORPG is even less than describe.

All it needs is to save your character data on it's server, have lots of people that can log in at once and have a persisted state when your not logged in to be a MMORPG.

I to am surprised by the number 1st gen MMORPG hold outs that believe if leveling isn't slow and painful it's not a MMORPG. If you don't have to spend 8 hours getting from point A to point B then it's not a MMORPG. Or if you can solo something, then it's not a MMORPG.

These people often enjoy the mind-numbing slowness of these "classic" MMORPG's, and feel threatened by newer ones, or perhaps it's the "I camped ragefire for 73 hours without sleeping and dammit, everyone else should too" type mentality. It's kinda like when you beat yourself in the head with a book for a period of time. When you stop, you miss the light headed feeling you had... then you miss it. And likewise such people will learn, not how good getting hit in the head grew to feel. Not getting hit in the head is far better.

Best Wishes

-=-=-=-=-

• KoltraneKoltrane Member UncommonPosts: 1,049

Originally posted by Clever_Glove

A bizarre analogy that sorta works in terms of race abilities:
    Human = protoss (shields regen, damage to car does not)
    Bio-mek = human (nothing regens)
    Mutant = zerg (car heals at a slow rate)

Although only in a very basic "what regens" point of view, AA races/classes aren't anything like SC.

I guess great minds think alike, Glove.  I was thinking that yesterday when I was reading up on the races.  I couldn't help but think of Starcraft and the nice balance Blizzard struck in that game.

Holy smoke!  What if Blizzard came out with a World of Starcraft?  Would that be awesome or what?

Still, to answer the OP's question, This game is definitely worth buying.  I've been playing for almost a week and I keep finding more things to love.  Leveling takes just the right amount of time.  It's not too quick, nor is it too tough (like City of Heroes).  There are zillions of drops, all of which have some use, be it crafting, enhancing your vehicle, or giving you stat boosts.  I have had a couple of crashes, but I think it's my video card because I've had that happen in some other games and my brother's game has never crashed.

I play a Biomek and it seems that both mutant and mek are underpopulated.  Biomek is a ton of fun, speaking from experience.

-----

Old timer.

Originally posted by Koltrane

I play a Biomek and it seems that both mutant and mek are underpopulated.  Biomek is a ton of fun, speaking from experience.

I *knew* that name sounded familiar!  I fought against you in the arena the other night.  I was level 13 and you were level 10.  It was a pretty uneven match due to the level difference (I really hope they equalize the levels for those kinds of matches), but was still pretty cool.  I took a screen shot of us just chillin' at the end.  I'd post a link to it, but it's on my home computer right now.