Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Taming 660 Unique Creatures as Mounts or Pets - Bless Videos - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited May 2018 in Videos Discussion

imageTaming 660 Unique Creatures as Mounts or Pets - Bless Videos - MMORPG.com

The Bless Online team has sent out a brand new trailer that reveals a few of the 660 creatures that can be tamed either as pets or mounts in the game. This includes Elk, Lizards, Big Cats, Mammoths and tons of others. Check it out!

Read the full story here

Comments

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982
    edited May 2018
    Can you tame/mount any of the scant-dressed women, though?
    PhryKellerchocolate42069Panserbjorne39chojin2kchilltime99MrMelGibsonKyleranSamhaelstarstorm777
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Dauzqul said:
    I wonder if I can tame and mount a woman?
    Classy. FFS. :|
    djnj2000maskedweaselchocolate42069JeffSpicolimarganculosNotEvadingTaxFraudchojin2kMrMelGibsonKyleranRain_Deathravenand 3 others.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982
    edited May 2018
    Hehe! ^ Looking forward to playing Bless, though. Looks like a lot of fun.
    DrDream
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    Dauzqul said:

I saw your post and thought can I get a "Has Suzie seen this yet?" reply in, but was 10 mins too late. :D
    SBFordBillMurphy[Deleted User]djnj2000maskedweaselJeffSpicoliMrMelGibsonKyleran
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Scot said:
    Dauzqul said:

I saw your post and thought can I get a "Has Suzie seen this yet?" reply in, but was 10 mins too late. :D
    Well, you gotta admit....  :D :D :D
    Scot[Deleted User]MrMelGibson

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    What intrigues me here is that with so many mounts, does this not imbalance the worlds fauna? In other words are there not a lot more mount sized animals kicking around than you would normally see?

I really like the idea, but then I have always had a penchant for animal training classes, I presume this is something every player can do though?

BillMurphy[Deleted User]chocolate42069MrMelGibson[Deleted User]Kraken78
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

Scot said:

What intrigues me here is that with so many mounts, does this not imbalance the worlds fauna? In other words are there not a lot more mount sized animals kicking around than you would normally see?

I really like the idea, but then I have always had a penchant for animal training classes, I presume this is something every player can do though?

In the JP version, it's for everyone, kind of one of the game's USPs *Unique Selling Points* though Icarus has this too. What I'm curious about is how many of them can be used in combat.
    Brunlin

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• pureremedypureremedy Member UncommonPosts: 42
    Taming is this game is just bait for PvPers have fun out there folks cause i sure will 0Y0.
  • SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020
    edited May 2018
    Hmmm, they say over 600 unique but i have a feeling it's more like 150-200 unique and the rest are reskins....
    djnj2000Octagon7711sakerBrunlin

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Impressive number of pets and mounts!
    [Deleted User]JeffSpicoliScotMrMelGibsonKyleran

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000

Scot said:

In the JP version, it's for everyone, kind of one of the game's USPs *Unique Selling Points* though Icarus has this too. What I'm curious about is how many of them can be used in combat.

Riders of Icarus has most creatures trainable as mounts with lots of exotic flying mounts like dragons and unicorns with ridiculous requirements to train the rare ones and they manage to balance things just fine, imo. My only problem is storage space for them all.
    Kyleranstarstorm777

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• ScottJeslisScottJeslis Member UncommonPosts: 355
    Will we get 660 mount / pet slots? :-D Or something for purchase in cash shop?
    [Deleted User]
  • XingbairongXingbairong Member RarePosts: 927
    Hmm is it just me or this video felt like the graphics are really bad compared to recent gameplay we have seen? Are they using a video from few years back?
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    Sephiroso said:
    Hmmm, they say over 600 unique but i have a feeling it's more like 150-200 unique and the rest are reskins....
    There will be reskins.. but if you're honest in most games... mounts are all reskins.  What's really different is that most of the mounts actually move different than one another.
    [Deleted User]SBFordmarganculosMrMelGibson

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Nothing that glides or flies?

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

Nothing that glides or flies?
    There are flying mounts, but they are special in that you can't tame them outright as far as we've been told. You can earn them in other ways.
    Octagon7711MrMelGibson

edited May 2018
    Sephiroso said:
    There will be reskins.. but if you're honest in most games... mounts are all reskins.  What's really different is that most of the mounts actually move different than one another.
    Right, no you're totally correct there. It's just a little disingenuous when they advertise "600+ unique mounts" which most games don't do. If WoW had some post saying over 1000 unique mounts i'd be calling them out just even harder for their 4x color pattern of just about every mount ever scheme.

As far as most of the mounts moving different from one another is that really true? I'd be pretty impressed if it was. Would seem odd though if they had the resources to have that many extra animations, wouldn't they have been able to not gone with reskinned mounts? I don't know to much on the technical side of things but i'd figure the animations is more costly than simply reskinning things.

I mean, to me a reskin is just a resized version of same mount or different color scheme, so if they also made them move different too i'd be a lot more impressed than if they didn't.

Sephiroso said:
    Sephiroso said:
    Right, no you're totally correct there. It's just a little disingenuous when they advertise "600+ unique mounts" which most games don't do. If WoW had some post saying over 1000 unique mounts i'd be calling them out just even harder for their 4x color pattern of just about every mount ever scheme.

As far as most of the mounts moving different from one another is that really true? I'd be pretty impressed if it was. Would seem odd though if they had the resources to have that many extra animations, wouldn't they have been able to not gone with reskinned mounts? I don't know to much on the technical side of things but i'd figure the animations is more costly than simply reskinning things.

I mean, to me a reskin is just a resized version of same mount or different color scheme, so if they also made them move different too i'd be a lot more impressed than if they didn't.
     It would be great to see everything unique in a game.... just 660 tamable pets is a lot of animals to make wholly unique.  It would be like making each Pokemon have completely different abilities from each other.

Obviously they'll have mounts like wolves, then a dire wolf, or alpine wolves or whatever they're calling them.  Even in GW2s ranger pet system most of them are just different versions of one another.  

• Asch126Asch126 Member RarePosts: 543
    Damn, just 6 shy of the perfect number.
    SBFordKyleran
    Asch126 said:
    Damn, just 6 shy of the perfect number.
    What makes 654 the perfect number? ;)
    SBFordultimateduckScotKyleran[Deleted User]Brunlin

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849

SBFord said:

Dauzqul said:

I wonder if I can tame and mount a woman?

Classy. FFS. :|

We are a bunch of grown men who play video games and chat on a forum about playing them, Your expectations are too high
    IceDarkBruceYeeKylerantinoberserkSamhael
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    This is the first trailer that has me saying, hmmm
    Scot
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Depends how useful these are and how varied their abilities are.
    Often i see designs that appear cool but in reality are just very weak.Example if we see ideas like lion pet adds 5% attack,in reality that is likely at most 1 less attack to kill.
    I have yet to see a pet system as really diverse and useful as ffxi's beastmaster system,so this game has huge shoes to fill.
    Using a similar example,i am sure Wow could say we have 500 pets to tame,but the entire system is just very weak and to me very boring.I actually have the PETOPIA site saved and looking over there has to be around 60-70 families of pets,so yeah x10-20 for each that is already around 600-1200 pets albeit most have same body different color/name.

So point being that the sheer number is pointless if the system is weak,poorly designed but seems we have to wait and see.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited May 2018
    Just watched a very informative video on the pets but of course JP version not NA,i doubt anything will be much different.

1 Pets are passive,this is a huge two thumbs down,so you get passive buffs which is a fake idea of using pets.
    2 The system to upgrade is very similar to what we have seen from mobile games and their cash shops.You need to cash in a certain color level 10 pet to chance at an upgrade to the next tier.There is cash shop items tied into this so that is again two thumbs down.

3 Some are pets some are mounts, some can auto loot.

4 One cool positive is that some of the pets change their look as they hit legend,that is of course after tons of trade ins to try and get to that point.

5 Seems there is some kind of rng bonus tied into how well you perform at the mini game.The taming mini game is a moving side to side bar that requires you to hit space bar at the correct time and 4x.I think the hidden bonuses are if you perhaps have a flawless mini game or something along those lines.

So to me ,this pet system has a couple nice ideas but overall is very weak.I expect pets to move about and attack or defend and not just stand there pretending to be a pet and just gives me some buff.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• sakersaker Member RarePosts: 1,458

Will we get 660 mount / pet slots? :-D Or something for purchase in cash shop?

cha-ching! $$$