Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Around the Verse - Vanduul Blade & Shops 'n Trade - Star Citizen Videos - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited May 2018 in Videos Discussion

imageAround the Verse - Vanduul Blade & Shops 'n Trade - Star Citizen Videos - MMORPG.com

This week, Sandi Gardiner and Chris Roberts are joined by the Star Citizen team to provide an in-depth look at Item Kiosk Shopping, and a new Ship Shape installment featuring the menacing Vanduul Blade.

Read the full story here

WalkinGlenn

Comments

• hyllyhhyllyh Member UncommonPosts: 477
    edited May 2018
    after "dont feed the troll!" i just want to say: "dont feed the chris!"
  • JoeBloberJoeBlober Member RarePosts: 586

hyllyh said:

after "dont feed the troll!"
    i just want to say: "dont feed the chris!"

Yes... keep providing 10's billions of dollars to Publishers so we can get COD36 and BF 32...

Those looking for a released game can check progress from time to time, others looking to support the single space project done by a veteran who did delivered several time memorable games to players, just throw 40$ (starter package, no need to spend thousands as some troll like to shoot). Squadron 42 is the solo part and Star Citizen the MMO in Persistent Universe (PU). Current state: Alpha 3.1.4

2018 is bringing most jobs like mining, salvaging, transport and much more together with dedicated gameplay. Also we got several small patch between each more massive quaterly patch.

This is Alpha so we backers are happy to test and not play a finished Gold game :)
    goobsnewsShaigh
  • DiscipledOneDiscipledOne Member UncommonPosts: 103

JoeBlober said:

hyllyh said:

Yes... keep providing 10's billions of dollars to Publishers so we can get COD36 and BF 32...

Those looking for a released game can check progress from time to time, others looking to support the single space project done by a veteran who did delivered several time memorable games to players, just throw 40$ (starter package, no need to spend thousands as some troll like to shoot). Squadron 42 is the solo part and Star Citizen the MMO in Persistent Universe (PU). Current state: Alpha 3.1.4

2018 is bringing most jobs like mining, salvaging, transport and much more together with dedicated gameplay. Also we got several small patch between each more massive quaterly patch.

This is Alpha so we backers are happy to test and not play a finished Gold game :)

Yeah you keep enjoying “alpha” for another 5 years while they keep releasing new ships you can buy. This is is about triple a feel as any of the games you mentioned, it’s clearly 99% about the money and 1% about making a good game.
  • IceDarkIceDark Member UncommonPosts: 207
    JoeBlober said:

hyllyh said:

At least COD36 & BF32 will be a thing ..
    goobsnews
    The Ice is dark and full of terror.
  • goobsnewsgoobsnews Member UncommonPosts: 220

JoeBlober said:

hyllyh said:

Damn, you ever like...step back and read the shit that you post to defend this shit-show? It's mind boggling how deluded you guys are...jesus christ...
    edited May 2018

Damn, you ever like...step back and read the shit that you post to defend this shit-show? It's mind boggling how deluded you guys are...jesus christ...

Jesus-Christ? But who his this guy? We Backers have a Cult that's not what troll are shooting because they have no argument beside the fact they don't understand the basic of a company development? Like starting with 12 guys and 6 M$ 5 years ago, the scope and fidelity of game that explain why it is not released as Gold couple years after?

Edit: Mispelling
    Post edited by JoeBlober on

Precisely and this is why Backers do support this project because Publishers will keep serving the same soap for the coming years.

You know... diversity is good and nobody is forced to like space game or Kickstarter model. if you don't, no problem, stay away and join when in Gold status and keep enjoying CODxx and BFxx.

By the way Star Citizen is already a thing, in Alpha yes, but a thing and improving every quarter. Come back in a couple of quarters if you can't stand the wait and enjoy your life :)

Yeah you keep enjoying “alpha” for another 5 years while they keep releasing new ships you can buy. This is is about triple a feel as any of the games you mentioned, it’s clearly 99% about the money and 1% about making a good game.

... So much hate... Squadron 42 (solo) is going to be released in 2019 and Star Citizen in Beta at worst end 2019. Simply because most jobs gameplay will have been added in the meantime.

Your so called scam story with "99% about the money and 1% about making a good game" is just the opposite boy. All cash goes to game development contrary to Publishers. Saying you see 1% of the game is demosntrating you do not understand game industry development phases... or business in general.

Clearly +700.000 backers and growing disagree with the 3 guys in this comment section, while 3.1.4 demonstrate that pipelines, game engine and talented team is key to deliver. Now keep pretending that 1% (why not 0.000001% by the way, don't be shy).

Do you know the boy looking at an iceberg and pretending the 99% of the base does not exist because he can't see it? .. :)

keep hating if it's your thing. We Backers love to build.
  • IceDarkIceDark Member UncommonPosts: 207
    JoeBlober said:

Precisely and this is why Backers do support this project because Publishers will keep serving the same soap for the coming years.

You know... diversity is good and nobody is forced to like space game or Kickstarter model. if you don't, no problem, stay away and join when in Gold status and keep enjoying CODxx and BFxx.

By the way Star Citizen is already a thing, in Alpha yes, but a thing and improving every quarter. Come back in a couple of quarters if you can't stand the wait and enjoy your life :)

---

I don't enjoy COD's nor BF's, and I hate Kickstarter model ( scams - especially when it comes to MMOs ), but I do very much enjoy space games.

Come back when? In a couple of years you mean ? Because I'm pretty sure that if we had this conversation a couple of quarters ago , you'd have said the same thing , which the results would of been the same = Alpha .
    The Ice is dark and full of terror.
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229

JoeBlober said:

hyllyh said:

You do know Chris has never released a game while running a game company right? The only time he was able to release games is when he had the big bad suits standing over him.

---

I don't enjoy COD's nor BF's, and I hate Kickstarter model ( scams - especially when it comes to MMOs ), but I do very much enjoy space games.

Come back when? In a couple of years you mean ? Because I'm pretty sure that if we had this conversation a couple of quarters ago , you'd have said the same thing , which the results would of been the same = Alpha .

Well you seem to be above the regular nay-sayers level so... yes a couple years will be perfectly fine. Not because I want it or because I believe in Cult of Chris but because they do have now all production pipelines up and running, a talented team together with a robust Procedural Generation tool doing more than well with moon, planet but also big building/ship creation, to name a few assets, including many gameplay jobs like mining, salvaging, refueling... Which are the true backbone of the game, not just pretty 4K graphics for fans. All coming in 2018 not 2020.

A good example will be the planet-sized cities (Hurston) unveiled at Citizencon and planned for release in patch 3.3 end of Q3.

As a company, they can't stay in Alpha forever or even 10 years like Publishers can with billion $ of cash wallet. SC MMO is just the tip of the iceberg. They are focusing on building SQ42 in order to deliver a product that must differenciate from the crowd.

2019 for SQ42 Chapter 1 and SC Beta looks very reasonnable. Quality is always remembered while a bad Gold release is never forgotten. There is no need to rush to serve an half finished gameplay experience. And for those not agreeing with Kickstarter model... simply stay away and join when a project reach and acceptable level of polishing or credibility, whatever match yours requirements.

JoeBlober said:

... So much hate... Squadron 42 (solo) is going to be released in 2019 and Star Citizen in Beta at worst end 2019. Simply because most jobs gameplay will have been added in the meantime.

Your so called scam story with "99% about the money and 1% about making a good game" is just the opposite boy. All cash goes to game development contrary to Publishers. Saying you see 1% of the game is demosntrating you do not understand game industry development phases... or business in general.

Clearly +700.000 backers and growing disagree with the 3 guys in this comment section, while 3.1.4 demonstrate that pipelines, game engine and talented team is key to deliver. Now keep pretending that 1% (why not 0.000001% by the way, don't be shy).

Do you know the boy looking at an iceberg and pretending the 99% of the base does not exist because he can't see it? .. :)

keep hating if it's your thing. We Backers love to build.

lol yep answer the call in 2016...no wait 2017....definitely 2018....shit! no 2019 now. This time next year you going to be telling us all that SQ42 will be releasing in 2020?

Also lol at your 700,000 backers. They couldn't even get 5% of that number to sign up for a newsletter so something tells me your 700,000 number is pulled from some place where the sun don't shine.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    edited May 2018
    Chris actually looks more relaxed in this one, maybe they gave him some presentation training or they just gave him a Valium before he went on? :)
    Orinori
    edited May 2018
    QUOTE Kefo
    "You do know Chris has never released a game while running a game company right? The only time he was able to release games is when he had the big bad suits standing over him."UNQUOTE

Sure. Source from a well known hater that dedicated his life to try hurting CR and Backers. The "famous" guy we do not name. The same one whith prophecies of Doom... SURE collapse every 90 days top!... since more than 3 years... the one who said "Space to planet is decades away..!"... :)

That's probably why CR did received 3 times the cash than expect (6M$ vs 2M$) at time of Kickstarter while the other one has been kicked out of Steam...

Meanwhile SC get quaterly patch and keep growing.
    Post edited by JoeBlober on

Kefo said:

JoeBlober said:

Also lol at your 700,000 backers. They couldn't even get 5% of that number to sign up for a newsletter so something tells me your 700,000 number is pulled from some place where the sun don't shine.

This number is not mine and based on revealed number of 500.000 three years ago by Turbulent. Backers not account. About the newsletter... I am an early backer and I did not signed for it as all backers did not sign either. Why?.... Pretty simple:

We do already receive newletters since years, no need to sign for one :) Same for new backers. I am even surprised some do take the time to signed for it.
    JoeBlober said:
    QUOTE Kefo
    "You do know Chris has never released a game while running a game company right? The only time he was able to release games is when he had the big bad suits standing over him."

Sure. Source from a well known hater that dedicated his life to try hurting CR and Backers. The "famous" guy we do not name. The same one whith prophecies of Doom... SURE collapse every 90 days top!... since more than 3 years... the one who said "Space to planet is decades away..!"... :)

That's probably why CR did received 3 times the cash than expect (6M$ vs 2M$) at time of Kickstarter while the other one has been kicked out of Steam...

Meanwhile SC get quaterly patch and keep growing.
    You do know that source isn’t from Derek Smart right? But multiple sources including Chris Roberts himself. Nice try at misdirection even though you failed miserably
    JoeBlober said:

Kefo said:

JoeBlober said:

This number is not mine and based on revealed number of 500.000 three years ago by Turbulent. Backers not account. About the newsletter... I am an early backer and I did not signed for it as all backers did not sign either. Why?.... Pretty simple:

We do already receive newletters since years, no need to sign for one :) Same for new backers. I am even surprised some do take the time to signed for it.
    Doesn’t matter. People here are always going on how popular the game is but in something like a year of asking people to sign up for a newsletter they get less then 35k signatures. Doesn’t sound like it’s that popular to me and the numbers sound a little fishy that you backers keep beating on about
  • sipusipu Member UncommonPosts: 200

Kefo said:

JoeBlober said:

Kefo said:

JoeBlober said:

Doesn’t matter. People here are always going on how popular the game is but in something like a year of asking people to sign up for a newsletter they get less then 35k signatures. Doesn’t sound like it’s that popular to me and the numbers sound a little fishy that you backers keep beating on about

Who cares about numbers... i don't like the development schedule for that one, noone likes to wait, but i wish the game all the best and it seems anyway it's worth waiting. Quality and content in pair is the thing that is rare now days and games are rushed by those with "big bad" suits.
    JoeBlober
    edited May 2018
    QUOTE Kefo
    UNQUOTE

You are correct, 35K signed for 184M$ is not a lot. I totally agree but again, as soon you sign for an account, even without becoming a backer, you do receive newsletter so much people do not see the point (including me) to sign again...

And if you want undisputed numbers, pick those from Reddit (reddit.com/r/starcitizen/) which have on May 21st 2018 + 126K Subscribers.

To compare with /r/gamernews/ (+188K). 126K is pretty good knowing it is about one single game versus a subreddit talking about ALL possible games. I let you compute the ratio yoursellf: 1 vs 126K and xxxx vs 188K

You can try as well with (/r/wow/) and +602K. With 5.25 millions WOW subscriptions having "only" 602K on reddit make this subreddit look like a niche compared to SC subreddit :) ... and SC is not even released...

Zero fan dream inserted. Facts and numbers.

Edit: those damned quotes messing up :)