Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Weirdness with logging into the website

SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020
Ever since 2 weeks ago or so i've been having some issues with staying logged into mmorpg.com that's starting to get annoying.  When i turn my pc off and turn it back on, i'll come to mmorpg.com and will be logged out. This was never the case before for me. Furthermore, when i go to log back in it always shows me this error screen that says something went wrong and shows i think a t-rex. Happens every time.

Also when i do log back in, i always check the remember me box but it doesn't remember me. There were no changes to my browser(that i noticed) before i started noticing this and after. Any idea what's up? Using Firefox...addons are uBlock Origin, HTTPS Everywhere, and Privacy Badger.

Also, no i do not use private browsing to view mmorpg.com.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Comments

• BalianWolfieBalianWolfie Member UncommonPosts: 240
    That's been happening to me, and I thought it was related to me redid my system recently. Guess it's just the site, a relief for me really!

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    Yeah, same issue here, only happens on PC with Firefox.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Sounds like a Firefox cookie thing. No recent problems at all with Chrome.
    KyleranMrMelGibson
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    Iselin said:
    Sounds like a Firefox cookie thing. No recent problems at all with Chrome.
    Yeah,  something changed in Firefox. For a time on Wed I couldn't log into AOL.com, again weird issues.  I had no issue logging in with IE11 however.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    It happens to me with chrome too though I dont always get the trex with minigun arms error message.
  • GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    edited May 2018
    Only time I have to log into the forum pages is when I clear my Chrome cache.  The main page always requires a log in if I care to do so.

What's been happening recently though is avatar images and image/videos posted by members will become invisible when I move the mouse over them.  The links are still there to be clicked on and they still take up the original space but the image becomes invisible.  If I scroll away the image may be visible until I mouse over it again.  

Considering how intermittent it happens and how often Chrome updates it's self I thought it to be a Chrome bug.
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020
    Good to see i'm not the only one with this issue. I wonder if there's something wrong on Firefox's end then. There was a recent update rollout so maybe it'll fix itself via bugfixes soon.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!