Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Project Genom massive alpha update released

TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
edited May 2018 in Project Genom
https://steamcommunity.com/games/pgenom/announcements/detail/1647632646904253850

Better graphics, more immersive world, tons of new content and additions to the world. Plus the world size went from 10km in size (which is pretty tiny) to 100 km in size (which is substantially bigger). A bunch of additions and changes, can see more in the link.

sale going on 05-07-18 as well on steam. However as of this post it isn't on sale, but will be tomorrow (as of this post)

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

Comments

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    I've been meaning to check out this game for a long time. I guess now is the time. There are things about this game (on paper) that has gotten my interest. I'd like to know yours or anyone else's who has been playing this game opinion. 

• It has been mentioned that you should search for notes or track certain scientists for information regarding monsters that can be helpful in fighting monsters. How essential is that? Is it just like a minor buff or do you really need to do this before taking down the big bad guys?
    • How serious are the death penalties and the whole corpse-run fun?
    • Where and how can you swap weapons? Do you need to skill up? Is it a fun activity of its own or is it just a brainless grind?
    • Do damage types really matter?
    • I'm kinda liking how they are treating stats--as in upon leveling up you have to put points into organs instead of stats directly. How's that been playing out? Are there cookie-cutter builds? At one point I remember people complained about the skill system. Is it any better now?
    • And last but not least, are the servers crowded or is it like one of those journeys to get in touch with voices in one's head? ;)

Thanks!
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • HachlathHachlath Member UncommonPosts: 55
    edited May 2018
    Must say i'm very impressed by the game. Of course it needs a lot of work but it's so impressive and immersive... I've been waiting for years for a game like that (ancien SWG player here) Took it on steam but thought this could be another mess but not at all. I could not stop playing, the city (or ship ? don't know) is so huge and immersive ! brilliant. Hope devs are going to work a lot because this could be one of the best mmos out there.