Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

First Impressions (Steam Version) - TheHiveLeader - Bless Videos - MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Hariken said:

Iselin said:

YashaX said:

DMKano said:

The game is a PvP game at heart - so PvE players know what you are getting into.

What makes it a "pvp game at heart"? Gameplay wise looks like a typical pve grinder with some pvp tacked on, with the prize going to the players that pve the hardest.

It sounded like mostly open world PvP.  Is it zoned or flagged?

It's open world where you're always flagged for PVP unless you buy an item that unflags you for a limited time. I forget how long it unflags you for but it's minutes not hours.

Yeah and that limited item last a total of 10 minutes. Zero interest in this game and all the hype around it. This game failed in 3 markets. The U.S. market is the games last chance. It feels like eastern game companies before they shutdown a game try to see if they can get money from U.S. gamer's where a game fails everywhere else.
    I really don't understand why anyone would want to play this game for PVE unless they're really desperate for an Anime character creator fix. It's a game for open world PVPers.
    [Deleted User]YashaXKyleran
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• OrinoriOrinori Member RarePosts: 751
    edited May 2018
    What do you get when you kill a player? and what are consequences to being killed by a player? Why is the game considered as "It's a game for open world PVPers."?
    YashaX
    Orinori said:
    What do you get when you kill a player? and what are consequences to being killed by a player? Why is the game considered as "It's a game for open world PVPers."?
    -Always Flagged for Faction PvP
    -Can only PK enemy Faction
    -No safe zones
    -Level 30+ Quests Shared with Enemy Faction
    -Certain towns have guards that aggro players in combat..?
    -Players above 10 levels will show as "??" in their names.
    -You get EXP for killing players!
    -Channel System to Run Away or Hunt Players
    -You can ninja PK AFK players!
    -Can PK/PvP Right Outside Dungeon Entrances
    -1v1 PvP over 6 Levels miss a lot of attacks.
    -There is an Item that will make you immune to PK for 10minutes.
    -Group Questing is more Common Level 30+

https://steparu.com/previews/mmorpg/1971-bless-online-open-world-faction-pvp-information

Orinori[Deleted User]YashaX
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,905
    this game is gonna bomb
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    Iselin said:
    Orinori said:
    -No safe zones

https://steparu.com/previews/mmorpg/1971-bless-online-open-world-faction-pvp-information

Thanks for that. Do you know if there is any "meaning" behind the pvp besides just ganking/killing other players? Like are there territories or keeps to take, or some way to advance your faction through pvp?
    YashaX said:
    Iselin said:
    Orinori said:
    -No safe zones

Thanks for that. Do you know if there is any "meaning" behind the pvp besides just ganking/killing other players? Like are there territories or keeps to take, or some way to advance your faction through pvp?
    No I don't. I haven't looked into it all that much since I decided not to play it.

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    Iselin said:
    Orinori said:
    -No safe zones

That just doesn't sound fun to me.
    Exin
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,167
    Informative video, but I'll wait to see what A:IR offers, which is the last Korean MMO I'll even consider looking at.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

Iselin said:
    Orinori said:
    -No safe zones

/shrug

I enjoy good PVP as well as PVE. My favorite MMO ever was DAoC and I did both there. Same with WAR, GW2 and ESO. I just have a preference for segregated PVP and what others find fun in OWPVP, the risk of it happening anywhere at any time I personally find annoying when I want to just zone out and mindlessly kill mobs.

PVP done well takes more alertness and engagement while you play. If I had to be ready for that all the time it'd feel more like a job than a game to me :)
    Rhiow-Darkstep

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679

Iselin said:

Orinori said:

-No safe zones

It will interest some players and in that sense it is doing me a favour. While they are busy ganking and griefing lower levels in Bless they are somewhere else, not in my game.

Looking at the list, what an unholy mess. It doesn't matter how much they have revamped the combat when you are getting repeatedly one shotted while trying to play.

Third time's a charm eh Bless? We'll see. This has got short term cash grab written all over it.
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    As a mostly PVE player...in MOST MMOs, this actually works for me. This isn't free for all death match PvP I thought bless was, since I saw so many people complaining about it. Instead its like DAOC...that is amazing. I loved DAOC faction vs faction system. Same with WoW as well.

And here is what seems to be the death penalty

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bless/comments/8hygxr/what_is_dropped_in_death_pve_and_what_in_pvp/

Maybe a bit of durability loss if correct and run to corpse. Though I guess can lose runes too if AOE too much and get attacked by guards.

So pretty much like a WoW PvP server pre-BoA

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    People who go into OWPVP game threads to complain about OWPVP and whine about "gankers" "pk'ers" or use insulting words to describe people who play things competitively really deserve to to have all of their favorite activities ganked.  :D
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯