Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How is final release?

slowpoke68slowpoke68 Member UncommonPosts: 532
Have been hearing a lot of good stuff about this game.  Have always wanted to try a survival game but never have.  I understand it is small servers which I am ok with.

I watched a video on youtube the other day which was pretty positive.  They did say however, that the AI is just terrible and there are some other pretty big issues that still need to be worked out.

Give it a couple more weeks or buy now in your honest opinion?

Thanks.

Comments

• Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    I love it. Playing it on XBOX one X, and it runs amazingly. The AI is decent. Theres a HUGE world to explore, but hey that's me.
    Sovrath
  • SandmanjwSandmanjw Member UncommonPosts: 157
    Have been hearing a lot of good stuff about this game.  Have always wanted to try a survival game but never have.  I understand it is small servers which I am ok with.

I watched a video on youtube the other day which was pretty positive.  They did say however, that the AI is just terrible and there are some other pretty big issues that still need to be worked out.

Give it a couple more weeks or buy now in your honest opinion?

Thanks.
    If you want play on official servers always play a week or 2 after  launch i say...This game has 40 player cap per server...So right at launch can be a pain or too long after launch the same. 

Do not think these type games last long, so enjoy it while you can, and it is still popular and easy to play with others. 

If you like solo...it is still decent game. So any time you want to get it I think it is worth the cost my self, but hard to tell if others will like any game really.

Marcus-
  • laxielaxie Member RarePosts: 1,041
    It's a decent time to pick the game up.

Early Access had a lot of bugs (missing items, terrible performance, frozen NPCs). All of this has been fixed. What we have now is a fairly stable game with minor bugs. It does not feel perfectly polished, so if you are a person who needs a Blizzard-level of polish, this game isn't it and waiting 1-2 months probably won't change that.

There is a huge amount of content. They added dungeons, new open world zones, items, journal / quests.

The combat has been overhauled completely. It is a combo, action based combat - somewhat similar to TERA. The animal has a pattern of 3-4 attacks, you have a pattern of 3-4 attacks. The goal is to dodge when the enemy is attacking and attack when it's taking a rest. For most NPCs you encounter, this is very easily exploitable (it's obvious when it is resting) - hence being quite easy. However, I wouldn't say the combat isn't fun - even though it's easy, it is not something I am actively avoiding.

Ultimately, the official servers seem to be struggling. There is a case to be made for playing on unofficial ones - they may have better communities, better performance and more stable progression. This will vary enormously from server to server (and most will be run by inexperienced people), so your experience is less predictable on unofficial ones.

I think it's a great game. It's been lots of fun. I wouldn't recommend it 1 year ago, but it is definitely worth a play now.
    ScotKyleran
  • slowpoke68slowpoke68 Member UncommonPosts: 532
    Thanks much friends!