Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ArcheAge - Are Fresh Starts Just a Phase? - MMORPG.com

Comments

• axtrantiaxtranti Member UncommonPosts: 95
    Depends on what game, nostalgia is HUGE factor and the company behind it. It's not the same WoW doing a Vanilla and Archeage doing what they're doing.

Archeage left a huge bad taste with the marketing decisions and the company itself has bad reputation with their other games. With MMORPGs everything is on the line for devs, you can't mess up or you become trino, or at least if you do reverse it like you regret doing so.

asdasdasd

• AreteoAreteo Member UncommonPosts: 55
    Most beautiful game ever. Made absolutely unplayable by clueless, sadistic designers and the most toxic player base I've ever seen.
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    When games look to the past it means they have predicted a less than favorable future.
    ceratop001
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • blamo2000blamo2000 Member RarePosts: 1,130
    I'm nut sure about specifics of ArcheAge, but if there was somehow an actual mmorpg I missed I would be more likely to try out the fresh start. I know for certain I have zero interest in playing the kids game that WoW currently is, and haven't since they went full child retardo after WotLK, but I will 100% play a fresh start version of WoW up to WotLK (if the keep the full adult mechanics and rpg systems and gameplay even further through its life).
  • time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062
    yeah happy we got this game in the west after it was 3 years old and dated looking.

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.
  • ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,594
    Trion helped write the book on failure.

• Teak2112Teak2112 Member UncommonPosts: 61

KiwiHype said:

Maybe the author of these Trion related posts should disclose they are well known in the Trion community. A large number of Trion's staff like Brasse (Linda Carson) and various dev teams there know who she is. So it's not surprising most of her opinion columns here regarding Trion's games sound the way they do.

You will find over on Gamespace.com I don't just play MMORPG's  the ones I do play right now just happen to be Trions. That's a market thing it's not personal, so no one needs to disclose anything.

I have my eye on others but we will see we have an amazing team all chewing at the bit for good mmorpg game play so we'll no doubt jelly wrestle over who gets to review etc (not really but just saying that for comic relief.)

Knit pick all you guys like but if  you are really offended by any good news about ArcheAge that is personal and not something any of us can help with and that is definitely a real opinion.

Articles stressing the positives of games are good. Bill Murphy is an example, he paints almost all games with a rosy picture but comes off as a guy who just enjoys game.

But your article here does not come off with the same tone. Instead of telling us why we should like the game, or the better option of why you like the game, you try to say 'if you dont like this game its because you didnt play it at max level'. Which is absurd horseshit, because plenty of people that have played the game for months at max level didnt love it. The rest of the article isnt bad, but you just start off on the worst possible foot.

If you are just a fan and aren't trying to shill, accept that ArcheAge is a niche game that most people arent going to love. And thats OK. Its better than OK. After all, EQ was a niche game that most people werent going to love. Your approach isnt going to win ArcheAge any new fans.
  • KiwiHypeKiwiHype Member UncommonPosts: 233
    edited May 2018

Teak2112 said:

Incorrect I am saying I decided to play this FRESH START (not this game) because I loved Level 50 and have yet to meet one person who played for a few months at level 50 that didn't love something about it as I ran around taking pics of zones I was reminiscing in.

Nostalgia is a powerful thing, I then let folks know what this Fresh Start is about as phase two begins.

As for going as far as trying to direct how people should write throwing in insults to highlight your pov, you are more than welcome to just not read it or at least try to attempt reading things correctly because I do point out what I don't enjoy about phase one but really this article is more of a window into what Fresh Start is not what everyone perceives ArcheAge became as they hate it from the side lines days, months or even years later since they last logged in.
    Post edited by KiwiHype on
    [Deleted User]
  • KiwiHypeKiwiHype Member UncommonPosts: 233
    edited May 2018

blamo2000 said:

I'm nut sure about specifics of ArcheAge, but if there was somehow an actual mmorpg I missed I would be more likely to try out the fresh start. I know for certain I have zero interest in playing the kids game that WoW currently is, and haven't since they went full child retardo after WotLK, but I will 100% play a fresh start version of WoW up to WotLK (if the keep the full adult mechanics and rpg systems and gameplay even further through its life).

It will be interesting to see how WoW will do with their servers indeed if/when they bring them in, I'm curious if other games will also follow suit as these kind of servers do seem to be a good place to start for new players.
    [Deleted User]
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967

Torval said:

Torval said:

I read the article because based on the title I thought it was going to be someone attempting to scamsplain Archeage "fresh starting" 3 times (which is ridiculous in itself).

Instead it's a sponsored (but not) post about the most recent fresh start and how fantabulous it is while being willfully obtuse about the issues, other 2 fresh starts or what they do to the other servers.

Cool.

It's not sponsored, but you knew that when you puked out your tool spew.

"Instead it's a sponsored (but not)."

Look everybody I have a salty hype man with a pocket full of sour grapes.

What? Calling you on ignorant bullshit is now hyping? lolwut? Nice try cowboy. You keep shootin blanks there.

You joined a thread less than 5 posts in, added 0 to it so you could repeat something I already said while tacking on extra. That's a hype man.

Just admit you're emotional from a dust-up from another thread and stop making a jackass of yourself trying to get even. Here, I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings. You can stop now.

That isn't the definition of hype at all lol

And you know it's not a sponsored post anymore than every single other post would be "sponsored-but not" on here (with the exception of actual sponsored posts which are labeled)

I don't like AA,  never resonated with me, and I don't get fresh start servers.. they don't sound fun to me, it feels like they are trying to repackage content...  but... that doesn't mean that other people don't like the game, which is likely why you read positive views on it from time to time in article form.

It sounds like you clicked on the article hoping for a negative outlook, and then were disappointed when you didn't find it.  Kind of a silly expectation.

OK. Clearly I'm wrong. I didn't realize parenthesis makes the words in them disappear. The (but not) part was me acknowledging that it wasn't a sponsored. It read like one. It's a fluff piece that got featured. I was transparent about what I expected based on the title.

P.S. A Hype man in some musical genres is a guy who repeats or accentuates what the lead singer says but I think I need to lower expectations when it comes to context and parenthesis. 2018 and all.
    Hype men generally echo the sentiments of the singer, he was disagreeing with you.  The sponsored (but not) comment wasn't meant to say it wasn't sponsored, when read that way you make it sound like you're doubting that the article is sponsored.  

Whether that was your intent, or whether it's just a form of AA trolling, can't get made if multiple people take it the wrong way.  For example if my posts come off as agitated at all, I'm not, but people often read into things :disappointed:

Well I still have an Archeage account so a couple folks I like on my server can farm and process things and store packs. I still log-in to check things out, and occasionally long board jump them to their deaths when I catch them AFK. I've played since Alpha, was on Salphira from early start and was convinced by some associates to do Fresh Start on Reckoning.

Every time there has been a fresh start there has been a featured fluff piece on this site which absolutely ignores all the blatant foolery that Trion does. The articles that get featured here have bigger rose colored glasses than people on Archeages own forums. Associate Editors can WTF this comment too.

There are people like @Jahlon who always present a centered down the middle approach to Archeage and they know more about the game than anybody I've seen get featured.

How Archeage is featured/covered has always been a point of contention with me. When Morpheus was imploding on itself there was fluff or rounded edges. When Reckoning "Fresh Start" was going through the utter sh!ts, we got a fluff piece about how awesome it was to quietly pick potatoes on the legacy servers. Now there's a "Progression Server" that murderized the other servers populations and is just a stir and repeat of Trions P2W fleece racket. "Ermahgad it soooo nice guys! Nevermind the haters! 3rd Fresh starts the charm." It's like watching somebody review a coffee shop after a riot destroyed the area its in.

BUT can't wait to hear how awesome it is for the Digitally Remastered Fresh Start (if they have the balls to bring it stateside). 

Troll Gang OUT (but not)!

maskedweasel
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • exile01exile01 Member RarePosts: 1,089
    dont know about the endgame, but the lvling process was mindnumbing dumb- i had to quit because of that.
  • lucyluffy101lucyluffy101 Member UncommonPosts: 152
    The new gearing system In Archeage now is similar to BDO. The mobs drop different weapon in delphinad level and its free. In Archeage you can choose to get a gear. You can craft a gear that can cost a lot of labor and RNG or you can grind a mobs to get a gear and upgrade almost free. If you are new player you can catch up them by buying crystallize gear very cheap it is half price. It is called crystallize in Archeage but in BDO it is called failstack. The new gear in Archeage it is called Hiram it is drop from the mobs in auroria. This Hiram gear you can upgrade higher than ayanad. If you failed to upgrade this gear it become crystallize, you can still use and tradeable also very cheap. So new people can afford to buy. This crystallize gear you can recover by purchasing scroll in honor shop. The different of crafting gear now you can transmute. Example if your gear is delphinad flame, you can transmute to delphinad gale if you want to be a archer. You can choose if you want to p2w or not but it end in similar gear score. I play in legacy server but I grind the new gear because I know this new people can catch up my gear score in a few months without paying real money.
    KiwiHypeKyleran[Deleted User]
  • timeraidertimeraider Member UncommonPosts: 865
    "fresh starts" .. you can say what you want, but if Archeage sees that as fresh starts, then some games have one each day.
    Ashes of Creation Referral link - Help me to help you!
    https://ashesofcreation.com/r/Y4U3PQCASUPJ5SED
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Mikeha said:

I did the fresh start and only lasted for a couple days. There was simply nothing that made me want to keep logging in.

Interesting, I happened across your post back in March, it seemed like you were really looking forward to this title back then.

@DMKano was about the only other person at that time who said he and his guild mates were looking forward to 4.5. I wonder how that turned out for them?

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• iixviiiixiixviiiix Member RarePosts: 2,256
    The new gearing system In Archeage now is similar to BDO. The mobs drop different weapon in delphinad level and its free. In Archeage you can choose to get a gear. You can craft a gear that can cost a lot of labor and RNG or you can grind a mobs to get a gear and upgrade almost free. If you are new player you can catch up them by buying crystallize gear very cheap it is half price. It is called crystallize in Archeage but in BDO it is called failstack. The new gear in Archeage it is called Hiram it is drop from the mobs in auroria. This Hiram gear you can upgrade higher than ayanad. If you failed to upgrade this gear it become crystallize, you can still use and tradeable also very cheap. So new people can afford to buy. This crystallize gear you can recover by purchasing scroll in honor shop. The different of crafting gear now you can transmute. Example if your gear is delphinad flame, you can transmute to delphinad gale if you want to be a archer. You can choose if you want to p2w or not but it end in similar gear score. I play in legacy server but I grind the new gear because I know this new people can catch up my gear score in a few months without paying real money.
    Yeah , in few months being useless while keep feeding the whales your corpses and being block out of most contents that PVP relate . With 4.5 , you have to do PVP contents to up tier gears , the charcoal in mess now .

Honestly 3.0 , you still able to play the game in many style , pure farming to gold with obsidian gears (most materials are trade-able and bound item being able to grind solo) , focus on PVP with craft gears (trading for charcoal) or doing group raid for gears with mistsongs gears .

Now it being stupid that the game force all player do PVP (charcoal) and instance group raid (for bound materials)

I don't know about hiram (quit before it release) , but i don't sound any better than soulforged .

Fresh starts is a big investment trap , you will have fun for few months until Trion bare they fangs and bite you .
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Kyleran said:

Mikeha said:

I did the fresh start and only lasted for a couple days. There was simply nothing that made me want to keep logging in.

Interesting, I happened across your post back in March, it seemed like you were really looking forward to this title back then.

@DMKano was about the only other person at that time who said he and his guild mates were looking forward to 4.5. I wonder how that turned out for them?

I was really looking forward to it. Went in with an open mind but I just did not enjoy playing. :/
    Kyleran
  • TalulaRoseTalulaRose Member RarePosts: 1,247
    Trion's fresh starts is a big investment trap , you will have fun for few months until Trion bare they fangs and bite you .

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Trion's fresh starts is a big investment trap , you will have fun for few months until Trion bare they fangs and bite you .

But at that point, you just don't fall into it. Just play the few months that are fun, then when the P2W comes stop playing or just play without paying.
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    This game I have still not played it yet not even beta or trial.
    Chamber of Chains
  • mistmakermistmaker Member UncommonPosts: 321
    classes suck in this game IMO
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited May 2018
    I looked forward to this title ,not as a fanbois but simply wanting to see the product.However as son as i heard Trion was the publisher i was immediately turned off.

To this day i have no idea what this NA update was as when i finally tried the game i saw things that made me quit within 15 minutes.Arrows in the air,a map that was transparent over the main map and was cumbersome to look at or use so i was like who the hell worked on this game has no clue what they are doing.

The producer is the main guy in charge but Trion said this game was being reworked for the NA audience,so was that just bull crap talk,how would we even know unless we played a different global version.

Even still,pvp is just BAD for any mmorpg,land grabs is bad,hand holding is bad,the game is BAD.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    YAY had to edit post to work in the proper paragraph's because YET AGAIN the system fails.IDK maybe the coding people/person will learn their trade without so many mistakes.Maybe i expect too much from a PAID employee?
    I think of it this way..there are a LOT of nazi police who like to complain about posters English,writing whatever so when the website fails ev1 it is just a complete fail.
    Panther2103

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982
    Fresh start... for gold farmers and bs.

AA was the best worstest game ever. The better was amazing. Blew my mind. After launch, the cash shop and constant farmers killed it faster than JJ killed Star Wars.
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Wizardry said:
    YAY had to edit post to work in the proper paragraph's because YET AGAIN the system fails.IDK maybe the coding people/person will learn their trade without so many mistakes.Maybe i expect too much from a PAID employee?
    I think of it this way..there are a LOT of nazi police who like to complain about posters English,writing whatever so when the website fails ev1 it is just a complete fail.
    I really think it's on your end. I've never had any issues with formatting from this website. Ever.
    maskedweasel
  • hydronehydrone Member UncommonPosts: 10
    I personally like the FS server. I played EQ ones a couple times, AA now. I will probably try wow.. Nostalgia or just being even with everyone else is what brings me back.
    Its hard to complete with players that have been playing 3,5,10,20 years.. but on FS the field is level once again