Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

First Impressions (Steam Version) - TheHiveLeader - Bless Videos - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited May 2018 in Videos Discussion

imageFirst Impressions (Steam Version) - TheHiveLeader - Bless Videos - MMORPG.com

Bless Online recently held a Press Event to give a few lucky creators a chance to get an early look at the game, which hits Steam Early Access on May 30th. Somehow TheHiveLeader snuck his way in. So what did he think? Will Bless be the MMO of the future? Let's find out!

Read the full story here

Comments

• epoqepoq Member UncommonPosts: 394
    Huge criticism the game is getting - for good reason. Very empty world. Not sure why, I've heard different things. "Limiting Unreal 3.5 engine", "lazy f*cking devs", maybe a combination of both? But it seems if PvE is your thing, this game isn't going to do it for you in the long run.
    JeffSpicoliMauerickApridiseWraithone
  • MillennaMillenna Member CommonPosts: 1
    engine is at least unreal engine 3.6 since SLI support have been implemented in UE 3.6
    Knight64Apridise
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    I think my own biggest fear is the empty areas at higher levels too. Either block 'em off, or fill em with SOMETHING. But they're definitely going to focus on the "Early Access" crutch and let people know this essentially an open beta.
    Sovrath[Deleted User]

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    meh, not being a jaded individual myself, a solid "good" game that has some effort will definitely give me some entertainment for a few months.

Good "first impressions".
    MikehaZombieCatAlomarStoneRosesConstantineMerusExin
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    Zero interest in this game.... I Think there window for a successful game closed about 4 years ago.
    MauerickHarikenPowerless
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

DMKano said:

epoq said:

Huge criticism the game is getting - for good reason. Very empty world. Not sure why, I've heard different things. "Limiting Unreal 3.5 engine", "lazy f*cking devs", maybe a combination of both? But it seems if PvE is your thing, this game isn't going to do it for you in the long run.

UE 3.5 - 32bit mode - it's just very limited as far as massive MMORPG applications - this is just a fact.

Anyone who is going to go into Bless for PvE - it's very limited - this is your endgame in Bless:

3  Dungeons

1 Solo arena with 13 bosses

1 10man raid

1 3-Man wave defense mode

Also keep in mind that Bless has a dungon locking mechanism - so you are limited how many runs per day you can do.

The open world has a few elite mobs that are very limited (and will be farmed by guilds) - so nothing to sustain the masses.

The game is a PvP game at heart - so PvE players know what you are getting into.

I am getting the base $30 pack (without the Premium sub). This will more be than enough for me for the couple of months I plan on putting into Bless before moving on.

I was told all the dungeons would have level 45 modes, so about 8 total?

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• TheHiveLeaderTheHiveLeader Video MaestroMember RarePosts: 234

I was told all the dungeons would have level 45 modes, so about 8 total?
    I've also heard 8.
    RexKushmanExin
  • shawnpatshawnpat Member UncommonPosts: 74
    edited May 2018

epoq said:

i don't need npc's cluttering the area so thats fine by me, you do know npc's aren't real people right ?
    AlomarExinMitaraAegiris
  • sschruppsschrupp Member UncommonPosts: 684

DMKano said:

The game is a PvP game at heart - so PvE players know what you are getting into.

Thanks, I hadn't been paying attention to this game so had no idea it was PvP focused. Guess I just keep waiting for the next "Good" PvE Ememoh!

JeffSpicoliWraithone
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    DMKano said:

What makes it a "pvp game at heart"? Gameplay wise looks like a typical pve grinder with some pvp tacked on, with the prize going to the players that pve the hardest.
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    The empty dead world turned out to be true. The more involved fans are claiming it's because of engine limitations so don't expect that to change ever. It's pretty telling that their only fix to performance was to Thanos the entire NPC population.

The end game seems super weak from a content perspective so forewarning to anybody still foolish enough to attempt to carebear their way through this game, random OWPVP is the spice that will get sprinkled on this flavorless chicken. I hope you've all budgeted for hours worth of 10 minutes pots.

I also hope they don't purposely gimp armor skins to up-sell cosmetics (I'm pretty sure they will though).
    thighhighs
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    YashaX said:
    DMKano said:

What makes it a "pvp game at heart"? Gameplay wise looks like a typical pve grinder with some pvp tacked on, with the prize going to the players that pve the hardest.
    It sounded like mostly open world PvP.  Is it zoned or flagged?

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    Looking forward to giving this a go after the dust settles.

Joined - July 2004

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    YashaX said:
    DMKano said:

It's open world where you're always flagged for PVP unless you buy an item that unflags you for a limited time. I forget how long it unflags you for but it's minutes not hours.
    YashaX
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• RukushinRukushin Member UncommonPosts: 311
    Meh...I was always weary about this MMO offering, but now this just sounds like crap. I have no problem with Open World PVP and all. This game just doesn't bring anything new or set itself apart at all. 

razor247 said:
    DOA.....Pantheon please save me
    I'm also calling this DOA...speaking of Pantheon too. Watching HiveLeaders impressions and live stream has got me back on the excited/hype train lol
    JeffSpicoliMitara
  • AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    39 mmo's later and I'm still looking for that "expectation" mmo =(
    BruceYeeSolancerMitara
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    Nice video explaining a lot. Will buy the $29.99 version now cause of THL unbiased review.
    TheHiveLeader
  • AnnaTSAnnaTS Member UncommonPosts: 600
    edited May 2018
    I think if anything is going to put me off playing this game, I think it's going to be the combat, I really would have preferred if they would have made it more like Skyforge and didn't have these combos.

I'm going to wait until i can get more information on how the Paladin plays with the combos, It's not even the class i actually want to play, It's the mystic i am more interested in playing.

I don't like the idea of skills being locked in a combo system.
  • TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026
    Thanks for reviewing:

/standard robot voice on

"Generic, pretty, Asian MMORPG XXV"

/standard robot voice off
    Mauerick

You stay sassy!

• jmcdermottukjmcdermottuk Member RarePosts: 1,571
    /waves hand
    This isn't the MMO you're looking for. You can go about your business. Move along.
    KyleranMauerick
  • ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,594
    Looks fun
    ExinMitara

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    Any time I see a company start going too weird with the tool bar, and over streamlining stuff I get the feeling they're preparing for an option to launch on console. 
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Pretty good review, gave a decent look and confirmed some of we had been told about the ganeplay.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• AnnaTSAnnaTS Member UncommonPosts: 600
    DMKano said:
    AnnaTS said:
    I think if anything is going to put me off playing this game, I think it's going to be the combat, I really would have preferred if they would have made it more like Skyforge and didn't have these combos.

I'm going to wait until i can get more information on how the Paladin plays with the combos, It's not even the class i actually want to play, It's the mystic i am more interested in playing.

I don't like the idea of skills being locked in a combo system.

Have you ever played Korean or Japan version that doesn't have the combo system?

The original system is awesome because you can put abilites on a quick slot bar and just use them as you need them - like in other MMORPGs. 

So for a mage (what I played) - I had my AoE abilities lined up so I could fire those off in dungeons to burst down adds.

With the new system - can't do that - have to go through some single target rotation (or worse - one of the stances has a pushback chain opener - which is awful in dungeons) - that you have to do before you can AoE.

I have no clue how taking freedom away is a "better" system honestly - so I am very skeptical - but hopefully Neowiz can prove me wrong and the reworked combat turns out to be a better system - I just don't see how

Also why did they take away the shift abilities??? Just strange.
    No i haven't , I only play games once they have released in NA or EU region, I did have a mess around with a talent build calculator a while ago, Not sure where i found it now. 

I was just under the impression they were just going to make the combat more faster and smooth, That's why i never thought they were starting from scratch.

I just don't understand why they have added combos because it seems you can only use some skills once you get to where they are in the combo rotation. 

This is the one thing that is putting me off buying the game straight away. 
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680

Iselin said:

YashaX said:

DMKano said:

It's open world where you're always flagged for PVP unless you buy an item that unflags you for a limited time. I forget how long it unflags you for but it's minutes not hours.

Yeah and that limited item last a total of 10 minutes. Zero interest in this game and all the hype around it. This game failed in 3 markets. The U.S. market is the games last chance. It feels like eastern game companies before they shutdown a game try to see if they can get money from U.S. gamer's where a game fails everywhere else.