Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ArcheAge - Are Fresh Starts Just a Phase? - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageArcheAge - Are Fresh Starts Just a Phase? - MMORPG.com

There is no denying if you ever experienced this hybrid MMORPG Themepark Sandbox at maximum level for more than a few months that you fell in love with this game whether you liked it or not. Alpha ArcheAge remains the best version of AA a lot of us ever enjoyed because it was fresh, vibrant and full of promise.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    The fresh start server was fun. I had quite a bit of fun just running around and leveling up, and seeing the game real populated again.

Unfortunately most people will eventually become unhappy every time they play a fresh start, as they keep adding in more and more of the things that ruined it before. The cash shop being the biggest offender.

If they would just open up a P2P server, with absolutely 0 cash shop, it would basically be like Alpha again, without the pay to win being involved. I would jump into that in an instant and probably not quit until the server goes down.
    itchmonKyleranMauerickNomadMorlockApollymi452djnj2000Thupli
  • OrthelianOrthelian Member UncommonPosts: 1,034
    Well damn. I can't imagine you can get anywhere near max level in a game without loving it in the first place, yeah.

Favorites: EQEVE | Playing: None. Mostly VR and strategy | Anticipating: CUPantheon
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Depends on the game.  In Archeage it's moot.
    Thupli
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    I read the article because based on the title I thought it was going to be someone attempting to scamsplain Archeage "fresh starting" 3 times (which is ridiculous in itself).

Instead it's a sponsored (but not) post about the most recent fresh start and how fantabulous it is while being willfully obtuse about the issues, other 2 fresh starts or what they do to the other servers.

Cool.
    SBFordCelciusApridise
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • danwest58danwest58 Member RarePosts: 2,012
    ArcheAge is a pointless game.   Its all designed around P2W mechanics and not a true Sandbox MMORPG game.  Compare this to SWG and AA is just there to take your money and SWG was there for fun.  
    Elysion28Apridise
  • PartieplayinPartieplayin Member UncommonPosts: 93
    edited May 2018
    Anyone ever try the AA private server ? It caters way more to the player. Boosts everywhere ect. Still has a cash shop but think crypto is the only way to get CS money. I do know tho from experience I was able to expand my bag space with just gold. Anyways it might be worth a look for some of you who are on the fence about AA
    Post edited by Partieplayin on
    Thupli
    Torval said:
    I read the article because based on the title I thought it was going to be someone attempting to scamsplain Archeage "fresh starting" 3 times (which is ridiculous in itself).

Instead it's a sponsored (but not) post about the most recent fresh start and how fantabulous it is while being willfully obtuse about the issues, other 2 fresh starts or what they do to the other servers.

Cool.
    It's not sponsored, but you knew that when you puked out your tool spew.
    "Instead it's a sponsored (but not)."

Look everybody I have a salty hype man with a pocket full of sour grapes.
    Celcius
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Torval said:
    Torval said:

Cool.

What? Calling you on ignorant bullshit is now hyping? lolwut? Nice try cowboy. You keep shootin blanks there.
    You joined a thread less than 5 posts in, added 0 to it so you could repeat something I already said while tacking on extra. That's a hype man.

Just admit you're emotional from a dust-up from another thread and stop making a jackass of yourself trying to get even. Here, I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings. You can stop now.
    Celcius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • KiwiHypeKiwiHype Member UncommonPosts: 233

Orthelian said:

Well damn. I can't imagine you can get anywhere near max level in a game without loving it in the first place, yeah.

Not true! Us gamers are awesomely stubborn and will play most games to max level because its simply the goal, have done so many times heh

And just to clarify for other responses. This is not a sponsored post. Phase Two has arrived and I'm excited because that means I'm getting closer to my car!
    SBFord
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    trying to hype archeage again, the alpha was the best version yes it was fresh start server will do the same thing? with the state the game is now, no fucking way, sorry kids you guys fucked the game up now stop wasting our time with this useless crying and asking to try the game again
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    Torval said:
    Torval said:

Cool.

What? Calling you on ignorant bullshit is now hyping? lolwut? Nice try cowboy. You keep shootin blanks there.
    You joined a thread less than 5 posts in, added 0 to it so you could repeat something I already said while tacking on extra. That's a hype man.

Just admit you're emotional from a dust-up from another thread and stop making a jackass of yourself trying to get even. Here, I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings. You can stop now.
      That isn't the definition of hype at all lol

And you know it's not a sponsored post anymore than every single other post would be "sponsored-but not" on here (with the exception of actual sponsored posts which are labeled)

I don't like AA,  never resonated with me, and I don't get fresh start servers.. they don't sound fun to me, it feels like they are trying to repackage content...  but... that doesn't mean that other people don't like the game, which is likely why you read positive views on it from time to time in article form.

It sounds like you clicked on the article hoping for a negative outlook, and then were disappointed when you didn't find it.  Kind of a silly expectation.
    [Deleted User]SBFord

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    Fresh Start servers make no sense especially for those like me who owned many Cash-Shop Items and costumes and can't take them to new servers with us makes absolutely no sense same thing with "RIFT" so basically you throw your money away.

Arche Age is a great game, needs improvements, costume storage etc, but Trion Worlds ruins it.
    [Deleted User]SolancerHarikenInteritus
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    I did the fresh start and only lasted for a couple days. There was simply nothing that made me want to keep logging in.
    Kyleran
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Fresh starts just seem to me like a way to attract a new batch of players or give a second chance to those who already played it and lost out in the land grab botting sweepstake the first time around.
    [Deleted User]
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

Rhoklaw said:

Writing about the success of a third times a charm fresh start server is about as believable as Bless Online's Neowiz learning their lesson with their first 3 failed launches.

ArcheAge will never amount to anything as long as they maintain a F2P with P2W cash shop, no matter how many fresh start servers they make.

Not sure where you see that I'm writing about the "success" of anything other than BAKAREGRADES as I believe that is subjective or even a business measurement which this article is not however I don't mind sharing why I chose to start again and what I am enjoying/not enjoying.

Iselin said:

Fresh starts just seem to me like a way to attract a new batch of players or give a second chance to those who already played it and lost out in the land grab botting sweepstake the first time around.

Good reasons to play Fresh Start indeed or for new players as others have touched on, as well as folks like me who are curious about the phases of this Fresh Start.

This isn't for everyone and completely understandable why folks would not choose to start again.

Torval said:

Torval said:

Cool.

And you know it's not a sponsored post anymore than every single other post would be "sponsored-but not" on here (with the exception of actual sponsored posts which are labeled)

I don't like AA,  never resonated with me, and I don't get fresh start servers.. they don't sound fun to me, it feels like they are trying to repackage content...  but... that doesn't mean that other people don't like the game, which is likely why you read positive views on it from time to time in article form.

It sounds like you clicked on the article hoping for a negative outlook, and then were disappointed when you didn't find it.  Kind of a silly expectation.

OK. Clearly I'm wrong. I didn't realize parenthesis makes the words in them disappear. The (but not) part was me acknowledging that it wasn't a sponsored. It read like one. It's a fluff piece that got featured. I was transparent about what I expected based on the title.

P.S. A Hype man in some musical genres is a guy who repeats or accentuates what the lead singer says but I think I need to lower expectations when it comes to context and parenthesis. 2018 and all.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Torval said:

Torval said:

Cool.

OK. Clearly I'm wrong. I didn't realize parenthesis makes the words in them disappear. The (but not) part was me acknowledging that it wasn't a sponsored. It read like one. It's a fluff piece that got featured. I was transparent about what I expected based on the title.

P.S. A Hype man in some musical genres is a guy who repeats or accentuates what the lead singer says but I think I need to lower expectations when it comes to context and parenthesis. 2018 and all.
    Hype men generally echo the sentiments of the singer, he was disagreeing with you.  The sponsored (but not) comment wasn't meant to say it wasn't sponsored, when read that way you make it sound like you're doubting that the article is sponsored.  

Whether that was your intent, or whether it's just a form of AA trolling, can't get made if multiple people take it the wrong way.  For example if my posts come off as agitated at all, I'm not, but people often read into things :disappointed:

• BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    edited May 2018

Rhoklaw said:

Writing about the success of a third times a charm fresh start server is about as believable as Bless Online's Neowiz learning their lesson with their first 3 failed launches.

ArcheAge will never amount to anything as long as they maintain a F2P with P2W cash shop, no matter how many fresh start servers they make.

Some may say that the f2p with p2w + fresh starts is the only reason the game is still around. I would be playing if it wasn't for those things you mentioned cause I'm not rich enough but can't deny that those whales are what keep most games going.
  • Teak2112Teak2112 Member UncommonPosts: 61

Torval said:

Cool.

It might not be sponsored, but its clearly an advertisement.

"There is no denying if you ever experienced this hybrid MMORPG Themepark Sandbox at maximum level for more than a few months that you fell in love with this game whether you liked it or not."

This is not language used in a real news column, or even an opinion column. Because every person knows its a load of bullshit (and would be if you wrote the same thing about vanilla WoW, Velious era EQ, pre ToA DAoC, etc).
    Teak2112 said:

Torval said:

Cool.

"There is no denying if you ever experienced this hybrid MMORPG Themepark Sandbox at maximum level for more than a few months that you fell in love with this game whether you liked it or not."

This is not language used in a real news column, or even an opinion column. Because every person knows its a load of bullshit (and would be if you wrote the same thing about vanilla WoW, Velious era EQ, pre ToA DAoC, etc).
    That's absolutely the way opinion columns work, wanna know how I know? Cause it's an opinion column and that's what happened. Sorry to burst your bubble on that one.
    [Deleted User]

• Teak2112Teak2112 Member UncommonPosts: 61

Teak2112 said:

Torval said:

Cool.

That's absolutely the way opinion columns work, wanna know how I know? Cause it's an opinion column and that's what happened. Sorry to burst your bubble on that one.

That is not opinion. That is a statement that is obviously false presented as a fact.

• Grasshoppa2000Grasshoppa2000 Member UncommonPosts: 18
    Maybe the author of these Trion related posts should disclose they are well known in the Trion community. A large number of Trion's staff like Brasse (Linda Carson) and various dev teams there know who she is. So it's not surprising most of her opinion columns here regarding Trion's games sound the way they do.
    Draemos
    edited May 2018
    Maybe the author of these Trion related posts should disclose they are well known in the Trion community. A large number of Trion's staff like Brasse (Linda Carson) and various dev teams there know who she is. So it's not surprising most of her opinion columns here regarding Trion's games sound the way they do.
    You will find over on Gamespace.com I don't just play MMORPG's  the ones I do play right now just happen to be Trions. That's a market thing it's not personal, so no one needs to disclose anything.

I have my eye on others but we will see we have an amazing team all chewing at the bit for good mmorpg game play so we'll no doubt jelly wrestle over who gets to review etc (not really but just saying that for comic relief.)

Knit pick all you guys like but if  you are really offended by any good news about ArcheAge that is personal and not something any of us can help with and that is definitely a real opinion.
    [Deleted User]
  • CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,868
    edited May 2018

Cool.

Sponsored but not? What does that even mean? The person writing their article shared an opinion that you disagreed with so it is somehow biased? I don't get it. People are allowed to have opinions on a niche MMO website and not get paid to have that opinion. I guess every article ever written in the history of human kind that does not say sponsored is "sponsored but not". You may as well say "I am a troll, but not" in every post you write.
    [Deleted User]Liljna
    Teak2112 said:

Teak2112 said:

Torval said:

Cool.

That is not opinion. That is a statement that is obviously false presented as a fact.

So all advertisements are based on fact?