Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Last Epoch (ARPG) with free playable DEMO on KS

2»

Comments

• CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    I'm a hoarder in PoE. I pick up the rares to sell for shards. 

Cryomatrix
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    gear drops in Epoch are going to be really different, I have been playing now for over 100 hours, I dont care about whether its epic, rare, or what not, but the stats that it has that can be extracted.  The crafting system is pretty awesome imo, and making your gear takes ALOT of time and effort
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Sephiroso said:
    Torval said:
    DMKano said:
    Sephiroso said:
    cmacq said:
    Hell I would have no problems with POE if the camera was this far out......

Edit: Nope...can't handle another D2 style inventory. I don't mind paying for it but don't give me that oversized everything...POE got that wrong as well imho
    I mean...that's just part of ARPGs. Inventory management.

inventory tetris ;)
    Inventory management is okay. I hate inventory tetris. It's probably my single most hated vestigial feature clinging to these games.
    On one hand, i understand the frustration to a degree. But on the other hand...in the amount that gear drops in ARPGs....what is the need to fill your inventory with gear when 99.5% drops are going to be useless?

Learning how to loot in ARPGs is a skill people need to learn when playing ARPGs. It's not like playing an mmo where you pick up every piece of gear that drops and sell it all to a vendor or shard it. 1000x the amount of gear drops in ARPGs compared to mmos, so you can't really expect looting to work the same way.
    I like the system Grim Dawn uses where you can turn off the visibility of gear drops below your chosen quality level.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020
    Iselin said:
    Sephiroso said:
    Torval said:
    DMKano said:
    Sephiroso said:
    cmacq said:

Edit: Nope...can't handle another D2 style inventory. I don't mind paying for it but don't give me that oversized everything...POE got that wrong as well imho

inventory tetris ;)
    Inventory management is okay. I hate inventory tetris. It's probably my single most hated vestigial feature clinging to these games.
    On one hand, i understand the frustration to a degree. But on the other hand...in the amount that gear drops in ARPGs....what is the need to fill your inventory with gear when 99.5% drops are going to be useless?

Learning how to loot in ARPGs is a skill people need to learn when playing ARPGs. It's not like playing an mmo where you pick up every piece of gear that drops and sell it all to a vendor or shard it. 1000x the amount of gear drops in ARPGs compared to mmos, so you can't really expect looting to work the same way.
    I like the system Grim Dawn uses where you can turn off the visibility of gear drops below your chosen quality level.
    Yea, Path of Exile has become infinitely more enjoyable ever since they added the loot filter system. It's basically like that but it goes even deeper. You can turn off the visibility of gear based on quality, the type, slot, whatever you want.

Should become a staple of any future ARPGs honestly *looking at D4*

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    DMKano said:
    Sephiroso said:
    cmacq said:

inventory tetris ;)
    PoE doesn't have inventory Tetris though.  The stash is bottomless and globally accessible.  Not sure how folks could compare PoE's inventory system to Diablo.  All items also only take one square.
    [Deleted User]

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    edited May 2018
    Controller support is coming! Also, for those still interested in supporting, you can do so on their website till the 24th of May.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479