Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pre-Alpha Equipment & Inventory Exploration - Chronicles of Elyria Videos - MMORPG.com

Comments

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited May 2018
    And he's just wrong.  The posts you see here are relatively mild.  It's not even close to some of the things we've seen allowed in other sub-forums, such as SC or even AoC.

But maybe he's right: with such hate-filled propaganda like "Why must this game give me more reasons to make fun of it?" I wonder how the folks sleep at all knowing there's someone who can be so viciously brutal. /sarcasm

In reality, the responses here have been highly mild, if negative.  His attempts to question mod behavior smacks of victimizing the game in an attempt to disqualify negative reactions.  There's enough of that shit going around in crowdfunding, so let's save it for the real shitheads.
    Slapshot1188DakeruAnOldFartKyleran

• NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    I don't see how anyone could be anything but astounded at this. I mean dragging an item from your inventory to the character screen to equip it. Just bravo. Congratulations are in order for completing what is basic functionality in any RPG.

I mean what feats of game design do we have in store next? Hotkeys like I for inventory and C for character panel?

Can't wait...
    DakeruSlapshot1188

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020
    This is the game that was supposed to be released last year? Lol.
    Slapshot1188

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    AnOldFart said:
    snip
    Regarding the moderation: you're just, point blank, wrong.  Simple as that.

Fancy putting some meaning behind that, what makes your opinion right and his wrong?
    Adding some context to your argument can only ever help your point.

Dakeru said:
    snip
    So on one hand you agree that this video is not doing the game any favors.

On the other you feel that people pointing this out are hateful trolls who are conspiring with the mmorpg.com mods against the game?

Interesting.

What I believe he is trying to say is that whilst the game has issues, this video and the point in its release being one of them, the hate that it receives is unfair and probably unwarranted. 

He also points out that elsewhere on these forums(maybe other forums not too sure) this sort of hate would lead to bans, so he infers that either the mods must not like the game.

Seems quite straight forward to me...
    Yeah it's pretty straightforward to call the comments here hateful and accuse the mods of being biased.
    Slapshot1188Kyleran
    Harbinger of Fools
  • AnOldFartAnOldFart Member RarePosts: 562
    And he's just wrong.  The posts you see here are relatively mild.  It's not even close to some of the things we've seen allowed in other sub-forums, such as SC or even AoC.

But maybe he's right: with such hate-filled propaganda like "Why must this game give me more reasons to make fun of it?" I wonder how the folks sleep at all knowing there's someone who can be so viciously brutal. /sarcasm

In reality, the responses here have been highly mild, if negative.  His attempts to question mod behavior smacks of victimizing the game in an attempt to disqualify negative reactions.  There's enough of that shit going around in crowdfunding, so let's save it for the real shitheads.
    Thank you for the clarification I now see what you were getting at.
    (gave you an insightful for updating me on exactly what these forums can be like)

Dakeru said:
    AnOldFart said:
    snip
    Regarding the moderation: you're just, point blank, wrong.  Simple as that.

Fancy putting some meaning behind that, what makes your opinion right and his wrong?
    Adding some context to your argument can only ever help your point.

Dakeru said:
    snip
    So on one hand you agree that this video is not doing the game any favors.

On the other you feel that people pointing this out are hateful trolls who are conspiring with the mmorpg.com mods against the game?

Interesting.

What I believe he is trying to say is that whilst the game has issues, this video and the point in its release being one of them, the hate that it receives is unfair and probably unwarranted. 

He also points out that elsewhere on these forums(maybe other forums not too sure) this sort of hate would lead to bans, so he infers that either the mods must not like the game.

Seems quite straight forward to me...
    Yeah it's pretty straightforward to call the comments here hateful and accuse the mods of being biased.
    Well I see your someone who breaks down a full comment and takes the parts you need for you narrative.
    Congrats on being the first person I'm ignoring, I don't need to talk to someone like that.
    MadFrenchie
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    AnOldFart said:
    Well I see your someone who breaks down a full comment and takes the parts you need for you narrative.
    Congrats on being the first person I'm ignoring, I don't need to talk to someone like that.
    Aww I will miss your valuable unbiased opinion about this project.
    Harbinger of Fools
  • CaptainblackjackCaptainblackjack Member CommonPosts: 7
    Everyone has to start somewhere. I hope the gameplay and mechanics are up to par.
    [Deleted User]Kyleran
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    edited May 2018
    Edited since Ungood has complained
    Post edited by Slapshot1188 on

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

edited May 2018
    wtf....
    has that really been announced?
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    AnOldFart said:
    wtf....
    Assuming you asked about the +10% fame title, yes:
      https://chroniclesofelyria.com/news/25973/Kickstarterversary-Community-Award-Tracker
    Kyleran

omg i never even read the fame bonus.

The title I was fine with but another reward like that is selling this game more and more down the p2w river.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited May 2018
    Moved to KSer anniversary thread.

Post edited by Kyleran on

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Kyleran said:
    Vrika said:
    AnOldFart said:
    wtf....
      https://chroniclesofelyria.com/news/25973/Kickstarterversary-Community-Award-Tracker
    Well, at least its limited to one character per account 

Also noticed the pack with one "old soul", that is a solid advantage worth having.

Camping pack looks like it might impart some useful benefits, hard to be sure from the brief descriptions. 

The store "unlock" tiers are just weird, "if players give us enough money, we'll give them the "priviledge" to buy something else in the store."

Thank you sir, may I have another?

To be honest the more "offers" and "special events" they have the more I'm getting disappointed. Whilst I disagree with @Slapshot1188 motives (sorry but I still think you have an ulterior motive) I have to start agreeing with his interpretations of the game and how its p2w.
    AnOldFart said:
    Kyleran said:
    Vrika said:
    AnOldFart said:
    wtf....
    Well, at least its limited to one character per account 

Also noticed the pack with one "old soul", that is a solid advantage worth having.

Camping pack looks like it might impart some useful benefits, hard to be sure from the brief descriptions. 

The store "unlock" tiers are just weird, "if players give us enough money, we'll give them the "priviledge" to buy something else in the store."

Thank you sir, may I have another?

To be honest the more "offers" and "special events" they have the more I'm getting disappointed. Whilst I disagree with @Slapshot1188 motives (sorry but I still think you have an ulterior motive) I have to start agreeing with his interpretations of the game and how its p2w.
    No ulterior motive.  I’ve just seen this movie before so I know how it ends.  That’s why I’m a Harbinger.

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

edited May 2018
    Moved to KSer anniversary thread.
    Post edited by Kyleran on

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    AnOldFart said:
    omg i never even read the fame bonus.

The title I was fine with but another reward like that is selling this game more and more down the p2w river.
    It appears to be past the estuary stage and fully afloat on the ocean.  The only real question is if land is still even in sight.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530
    Any thoughts on awarding a title to current backers that grants +10% fame?
    The Advantages are just going to keep piling up... and we have a long way to go to launch.
    My thoughts are that this Post is off Topic and Trolling, if want to talk about that, start your own topic on it.
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

edited May 2018

Whatever

Kyleran said:
    Well in all fairness, they are never going to get this game made without additional funding, which is going to have to come from the backers until some other investor shows up.

Their post launch business model doesn't include selling these advantages which I feel is a big mistake, but I'm not building this game.

Take a hard read of the recent Portalarium  public filing for a really insightful look at how it was funded and will continue to be, quite a few good parallels / portents to the possible future for COE.

Ya know, if he does pull this off, this would be pretty epic.

As far as the giving those that supported the game a huge advantage, I am fine with that, after all, they paid into the game when there was no game, so they earned it.

As far as this Topic goes, I like the idea that you need to kneel to do inventory. Adds a nice touch of realism.
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

Ungood said:
    The Advantages are just going to keep piling up... and we have a long way to go to launch.
    My thoughts are that this Post is off Topic and Trolling, if want to talk about that, start your own topic on it.
    I used to think you were a defender of the game now I see what you are and it is in the quote. 
    Slapshot1188
    AnOldFart said:
    Ungood said:
    I used to think you were a defender of the game now I see what you are and it is in the quote. 
    Let me see, Slapshot makes a totally off topic post, that has absolutely nothing to do with the OP on any level in anyway.. and.. you're defending this kind of derailment? seems legit.

edited May 2018
    Ungood said:
    AnOldFart said:
    Ungood said:
    Let me see, Slapshot makes a totally off topic post, that has absolutely nothing to do with the OP on any level in anyway.. and.. you're defending this kind of derailment? seems legit.
    Actually what I mean by my comment is that it's rich you calling slapshot out on this point when your actually worse...

But that's off topic so we will leave it there for now.
    edited May 2018

Ungood said:

Kyleran said:

Well in all fairness, they are never going to get this game made without additional funding, which is going to have to come from the backers until some other investor shows up.

Their post launch business model doesn't include selling these advantages which I feel is a big mistake, but I'm not building this game.

Take a hard read of the recent Portalarium  public filing for a really insightful look at how it was funded and will continue to be, quite a few good parallels / portents to the possible future for COE.

Ya know, if he does pull this off, this would be pretty epic.

As far as the giving those that supported the game a huge advantage, I am fine with that, after all, they paid into the game when there was no game, so they earned it.

As far as this Topic goes, I like the idea that you need to kneel to do inventory. Adds a nice touch of realism.

There are two things I don't think I like, first is the kneeling to check inventory.

Assuming there is time associated with this, imagine you are out gathering, wearing your "gathering" gear (assuming such exists) and ganker George comes running at you.

Time to bring out the PVP gear....whoops, wait, have to take a knee first, then for extra bad measure, cant put on my chainmail without first removing 2 layers of shirts and pants, in order, to then replace them in the correct order.

Just a terrible mechanic in my book, some recently released medieval single player simulation did this, and it sounded bad there too.

I'd much rather have several quick gear "set" slots that I could set up for say 3 scenarios, PVP, PVE, and Social, which I could hot key between. (Maybe I need 4th slot for my "run away, run away" gear.

;)

Doesn't have to be an instant transformation, but shouldn't be so long that "George" gets to me while I'm unprepared.

Realism is great and all, but not at the expense of practical gameplay.

Best part is that someone thought this would be good to show...
    Look at all the fawning comments over on the COE site praising what was shown.

Clearly popular to sycophants for sure.

;)
    Slapshot1188

• BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265
    edited May 2018
    nvm*
    Post edited by Babuinix on
    Shaigh