Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guardian Dungeon Gameplay (No Commentary) - TheHiveLeader - Bless Videos - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited May 2018 in Videos Discussion

imageGuardian Dungeon Gameplay (No Commentary) - TheHiveLeader - Bless Videos - MMORPG.com

At the press event in San Francisco on May 11th, I got to take part in a max level dungeon run as the Guardian. This video picks up on the second boss and goes to the final boss. We did manage to down him shortly after we stopped recording, but I have no footage of it sadly. This is my first time playing Guardian, so be nice. I definitely could've stayed out of the red better and used my shielding more.

Read the full story here

Comments

• AlpiusAlpius Member UncommonPosts: 247
    Besides the annoying 'Please select a valid target' or other commentary constantly going off, I like the overall look of it. The combat looks like it has weight, which is something most MMOs lack.
    [Deleted User]IceDark
  • Str8HellStr8Hell Member UncommonPosts: 30
    What a newbie... jk , thanks for sharing.
    Numenon
  • RadooRadoo Member UncommonPosts: 298
    edited May 2018

Gisrie said:

The combat looks like it has weight, which is something most MMOs lack.

I know what you mean, now send this in a PM to Funcom lol.
    IzorkRemyVorenderDeadrites875CARLLeTT
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    It looks better than when I last saw a stream for it. THL makes any/every game look fun though.
    Xingbairong
  • winghaven1winghaven1 Member RarePosts: 736
    Looks fun. I wish I knew people that plan on playing it lol.
  • TheHiveLeaderTheHiveLeader Video MaestroMember RarePosts: 234
    Str8Hell said:
    What a newbie... jk , thanks for sharing.
    Oh I'm a super noob at the Guardian. SUUUUPER NOOB
    chrisapete123SilvantorValdheiminfomatz
  • ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    Level 37 party zerging through a level 33 dungeon. That last boss had boring mechanics, run away from the red areas or get instagibbed.
    MidPrincess
    Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • MidPrincessMidPrincess Member UncommonPosts: 89
    Just my 2c but...I saw an awful lot of camera-spinning and combat that may have "weight" but looks far, far from exciting or "innovative" or whatever adjectives we are throwing at these games now, lol. I also couldn't help but notice people randomly jumping at times (although that could just be getting used to new controls, easily enough) and is it just me, or does the "tank" here have no sort of aggro skills?

And honestly, to me, one-shot mechanics are generally born of lazy design. Again that is my 2c but stuff like that leaves little room for any sort of versatility or problem-solving (i.e., tank and/or main healer goes down, but rest of party perseveres and is victorious; stuff like that is almost impossible when you have "insta-kill" bosses).
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    Did you like guardian? Any thoughts? I think you also tried Paladin right? Any comparisons?

Inquiring minds want to know. I want to know!
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    What is the purpose of a video with no commentary,how are we suppose to understand what is going on?

Example,are those solo chains or player>player like a real MMO should be?Why are they called chains?
    I have played chain killing but calling one attack to another a chain is sort of lame.
    Then what is the purpose of a chain?
    You see a video like this is a complete waste of time if trying to convey some point about a game.
    Necroneus

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• Tindale111Tindale111 Member UncommonPosts: 276
    ill pay no heed to the haters i thought that looked like fun will try this out .
    chojin2kMikehaIceDarkinfomatz
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Wizardry said:
    What is the purpose of a video with no commentary,how are we suppose to understand what is going on?

Example,are those solo chains or player>player like a real MMO should be?Why are they called chains?
    I have played chain killing but calling one attack to another a chain is sort of lame.
    You see a video like this is a complete waste of time if trying to convey some point about a game.

Most people can infer this kind of information.  Apparently others need it spoon-fed.
  • TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,025
    You could tell me that this video was from any one of a half dozen of Asian mmos and I wouldn't know the difference.

All that matters if it is good for it's target audience I suppose. It's not within my realm of interest however.
    Mauerick

You stay sassy!

• Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558

Wizardry said:

Most people can infer this kind of information.  Apparently others need it spoon-fed.

Omg so true. Wizardry is so ... well I ll leave it at what you said.
  • DavodtheTuttDavodtheTutt Member UncommonPosts: 415
    What, no Controller? .... oh.... right... nvm... (sniff, sob)
  • chrisapete123chrisapete123 Member UncommonPosts: 23
    You seem not to know how to play a tank like I do!! I’m a master Tank class type player. The #1 Mmorpg to ever be made is Everquest.
  • Cyber_wastelandCyber_wasteland Member UncommonPosts: 192
    I may just have to play it my self, but I didn't really care for the combo system that is being displayed.

Also not a big fan of what looked like loot kinda just teleporting in to your inventory.

For a tank class it did not seem like there was any aggro skills, but I cant see the tool tips of the skills so *shrugs*

Wont really be able to tell if I like it or hate it until I am able to play it my self I guess lol.

• IceDarkIceDark Member UncommonPosts: 207
    Nice video. Very nice actually.

Is there an option to .. see "Target's Target" ?
    The Ice is dark and full of terror.
  • frangoazulfrangoazul Member UncommonPosts: 31
    i can't wait to play
  • WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806
    Hmmm...Hive, you do know that red means don't stand in it?? :) Overall I'm looking forward to trying Bless.
    "If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • RadooRadoo Member UncommonPosts: 298
    edited May 2018
    The font style and numbers appearing on screen are so off-putting and disconnected from the rest of the visuals. Am liking the animations though. Thanks for "sharing" .
  • LackingMMOLackingMMO Member RarePosts: 664

commentary. stop complaining now. Or well kinda commentary but hey there is words in it.
  • BalticthunderBalticthunder Member UncommonPosts: 58
    edited May 2018
    The rare footage of Asian game when everybody wears the real armor - when game will go live I bet 90% of dungeon runs will contain skimpy clad babes in playboy bunny costumes or little girls with their cutey cutey Teddy Bear or whatever they wear in Asian games.
    Post edited by Balticthunder on
    BruceYeeDavodtheTutt
  • MitaraMitara Member UncommonPosts: 755
    The most funny HiveLeader video to date :)

Game looks great, way too much bling though....