Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Funny Early Bugs in EQ

2»

Comments

• NeanderthalNeanderthal Member RarePosts: 1,861
    Scott23 said:
    I think it was West Karana, but there was a zone where you could go into the river and get beneath the water.  The water would be overhead, but there was air as the river bottom went down further than the water.

We used to hold guild meetings there as no one would bother us and mobs couldn't path there.

That was in East Karana in the south east part of the zone near the barbarian village.  When I played on the Sullon Zek PvP server I used to bind there sometimes because it seemed like a safe spot.

I didn't know about a lot of bugs/exploits but speaking of PvP there was one glitch I used to hide.  I discovered accidentally on my own that there were certain spots in the world where you could get inside the terrain if you pushed in the right spot.  The first one I found was a certain boulder or Ice chunk on top of the river ice in Everfrost.  If I walked against it in the right spot (and I think maybe I needed to duck as I walked...not sure) after a few seconds I would push through and be inside the rock.  I could see out perfectly as if the rock wasn't even there but if I panned back in 3rd person view all I saw was the rock and not myself.  So anyone else running by just saw the rock and not me inside it.

It was a long time ago but I seem to remember finding a few other spots like that in the world but not many.

• DeathtognomesDeathtognomes Member UncommonPosts: 155
    edited May 2018
    Not really a bug, more of a troll...

When I found out about weight limits for monks I started carrying around several thousand copper, well over 50k. When in a group if things started getting stagnating, I would /split 0 0 0 600000 ( whatever i had at the time) while the monk was on its way back with his pull. I tried to do so it out of the healer reach but ofcourse there was that one healer that ran to help the monk and wipe the group.

And lets not talk about the befallen duping...
  • CendhariaCendharia Member UncommonPosts: 319
    I was in the last phase beta for Everquest,   I remember standing by the orc lifts one day..talking to my woodelf friend...when all of a sudden the lift descended and hit me for 10,000 points of damage....bam dead.    That was a bug of course,  never forgot that.  lol
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    edited May 2018
    Cendharia said:
    I was in the last phase beta for Everquest,   I remember standing by the orc lifts one day..talking to my woodelf friend...when all of a sudden the lift descended and hit me for 10,000 points of damage....bam dead.    That was a bug of course,  never forgot that.  lol
     Not sure , i am  remembering was that was always a thing in EQ .. even after release .. You stood under a lift you got ganked by the lift
    SlyLoK
  • CendhariaCendharia Member UncommonPosts: 319
    Ridelynn said:
    Were the hell levels intentional, or someone's bad math skills?

Seems like it was 30 and 45 or something, took like 2-3 times the XP as normal levels for no rational reason.
    That was supposed to be a bug..last level to 60 (59) was a royal pain to get through.   Wasn't intentional far as I know. 
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Cendharia said:
    Ridelynn said:
    Were the hell levels intentional, or someone's bad math skills?

Seems like it was 30 and 45 or something, took like 2-3 times the XP as normal levels for no rational reason.
    That was supposed to be a bug..last level to 60 (59) was a royal pain to get through.   Wasn't intentional far as I know. 
    Hell Lvls were very intentional
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    One that was not funny (except maybe to the guys doing it) was that it was possible to block access to the bank "door" in Kelethin. That tended to throw a big wet blanket on player commerce. 

Hey testers! If you are reading this, check this will ya?

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• krulerkruler Member UncommonPosts: 589
    I found, and it may of been because you pushed harder game wise, it was always best to make sure you were grouped for the last 10% of a level (higher more noticeable) because you felt in that last bit of the XP percentage your skills migration decreaseed and (earlier levels) fizzle rate increased.

It felt like a very mild curse...…...As I said could just of been a false impression from subconsciously pushing harder to get that last bit of XP to ding.