Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Neowiz release information on the premium sub,$199.99 founders pack reduced to $149.99 in latest Q&A

AnnaTSAnnaTS Member UncommonPosts: 600
edited May 2018 in Bless
Neowiz have released another Q&A on steam with information on what you get from premium sub, Preview of mount, pet and weapon skins and other information.

https://steamcommunity.com/games/681660/announcements/detail/1651011615841260190
BruceYeeOctagon7711

Comments

• BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    edited May 2018
    Premium Membership details... " As we are aware of your concerns regarding P2W, there will be no items that can directly enhance characters or items."

Premium mount skin (Black Wind Caligo)
    Premium pet skin (Enchanting Loroshi)
    Reduces NPC equipment repair fee by 30%
    Reduces Wyvern usage fee by 50 %: Players can travel to any area within Bless by paying the Wyvern manager (located in each village/city) gold for Wyvern transportation.
    Pickaxe: This premium pickaxe used for Gathering provides unlimited usage within the designated time period, whereas the regular pickaxe has a limited number of uses.
    Gathering Bag: This premium bag used for Gathering provides unlimited usage within the designated time period, whereas the regular gathering bag has a limited number of uses.
    Acquires 20% more hunting experience points: Increased amount of experience points earned through hunting monsters.
    Acquires 20% more Dungeon points: Increased amount of dungeon points earned through playing dungeons.
    Adds 20% hunting gold bonus: Increased amount of gold earned through hunting monsters.
    Allows 5 more items to be registered in the market: Increased amount of items registerable on the market.
    Reduces market tax by 10%: Reduced market tax rate.
    Increases daily activity point exchange amount by 20%: The amount of exchanges allowed per day within the in-game system, Exchange Office, is increased. The Exchange Office is an in-game feature where players can exchange a specific amount of their dungeon and combat points (earned through in-game activities) into Lumena. It is exchangeable regardless of whether you purchase the premium membership or not. The Lumena that one obtains through exchanges is an in-game currency with which players can purchase a variety of items in the store.

Even with their explanation/excuse of not being P2W because you can't "directly enhance" stats some of that stuff looks like classic P2W.

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    If you cry p2w from this either you're a troll or a poor guy who can't play cause you have a shitty computer anyways.So basicly you're a troll.
    That's right.. tell everyone they are a troll.. tell them their computers are shit.. tell them they are poor.

You are the kind of guy I would love to play videogames with.
    [Deleted User]AsmodeuXKyleranEponyxDamornatpickMrMelGibson
    Harbinger of Fools
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    Collectors Edition. At least they tried.

Dakeru
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • AnnaTSAnnaTS Member UncommonPosts: 600
    edited May 2018

That is what the pack was called before, They have reduced the price because people complained it was priced to high and a lot of people were saying it should be priced around $150. 

I don't really understand the point of your post, It doesn't make any sense.
    LeiloniMikehawingood
  • Tom272Tom272 Member UncommonPosts: 30
    They are listening to player feedback and implementing changes. Can't ask for more from todays cash grab companies who create games for us.
    chojin2kwingood
  • BoltonsquadBoltonsquad Member UncommonPosts: 403
    DMKano said:
    IMO the biggest issue is the tax break on market sales 

Not something that will keep me from playing but on a p2w scale that one is about a 4 out of 10.

The rest of it is really minor like 2/10, 3/10

Overall I think the premium membership is not worth spending money on as none of that is worth $15 a month for me personally.

So sticking with base game $29.99 - the subscription membership doesnt provide enough value to justify the price

I am glad they put this out before the game

Also that $150 is just way overpriced for what it is, with premium support gone - this just has not much value over other packs IMO

Now they just need to list all contents of their premium cash shop items and we are golden

The unlimited Pickaxe and Gathering Bag is enough to warrant a sub in my opinion, Also the premium mount and pet skin will change monthly so you will always get a different one only obtainable through sub, these won't be sold in the cash shop.

20% more dungeon points and 20% more daily activity point exchange is also great, which allows you to change your in game currency for premium cash shop currency.
  • pureremedypureremedy Member UncommonPosts: 42
    This is not WoW or FFXIV where you have to have a sub to be able to play thru the whole game @$15 a month which you still have to buy the game and expansions plus optional cash shops but thats ok right? VS Bless buy once and play the game forever with optional membership and minor p2w elements which to me is more like pay to advance imo and again optional if you choose so it might not be AAA or a brand new IP but i don't see the problem other than ppl can't afford it for a whole month but yet they can afford to go see movies, drinks, restaurants for a day vs a month.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited May 2018
    One thing I'm unclear on.  Is the premium membership only available to people who purchase the collectors edition, or can anyone buy it?

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited May 2018
    DMKano said:

Not something that will keep me from playing but on a p2w scale that one is about a 4 out of 10.

I like your use of a P2W scale to rate the level of advantage sold in cash shops or from the premium sub.

Most players fail to understand (or at least agree on) what true P2W really is, so this helps remove that debate from the discussion.

Waanchojin2kZombieCat

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    Kyleran said:
    One thing I'm unclear on.  Is the premium membership only available to people who purchase the collectors edition, or can anyone buy it?
    Its not clear but:

If the question is rephrased as: will I be allowed to pay Neowiz extra money if I don't buy the Premium edition I think the answer will be ..... begins with y ends in s!

I don't forsee a "non-Premium" subscription option.
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Kyleran said:
    I'm pretty sure anyone can get it, because they posted somewhere that premium membership can't be extended through Lumena you earn by playing. Only by spending real money on it.

It would be a really, really odd move to restrict a "sub" to people who've bought the most expensive pack.
    KyleranMrMelGibson

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• MidPrincessMidPrincess Member UncommonPosts: 89
    If you cry p2w from this either you're a troll or a poor guy who can't play cause you have a shitty computer anyways.So basicly you're a troll.
    Wow, you must be what, 9 years old?  Not everyone uses mom's credit card to buy their PC
    MrMelGibson
  • SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020
    Kyleran said:
    DMKano said:

I like your use of a P2W scale to rate the level of advantage sold in cash shops or from the premium sub.

Most players fail to understand (or at least agree on) what true P2W really is, so this helps remove that debate from the discussion.

There is nothing like "true P2W".

P2W is just a term used by people to describe a monetization model which they subjectively consider as providing ingame advantages for real cash.

What they specifically mean by that or what the criteria which determine whether a game is so called "P2W" in their book or not differs from person to person.

The term P2W should be completely abandoned for such debate to be removed, but it is never gonna happen.

People will rather keep fighting over whether a game qualifies as P2W or not armed with their own subjective definitions of the term never reaching a consensus.

There absolutely is true p2w. That's what BDO is. Gear in the cash shop that gives stats is pure and simple p2w. That's the original meaning of p2w. Literal buying of power.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

• GrandpaDJGrandpaDJ Member UncommonPosts: 132
    edited May 2018
    If you want people to play the game - be nice to them.
    If you don't like the game - no reason to comment, move along.

Edited to be nicer  :)
    Kyleran
  • TalulaRoseTalulaRose Member RarePosts: 1,247
    edited May 2018
    Good luck to anyone who doesn't pay to have access to.....

Acquires 20% more hunting experience points: Increased amount of experience points earned through hunting monsters.
    Acquires 20% more Dungeon points: Increased amount of dungeon points earned through playing dungeons.
    Adds 20% hunting gold bonus: Increased amount of gold earned through hunting monsters.

Because we all know that doing anything faster in a pvp game has no affect at all.

Begs the question....if its not beneficial at all why even offer it?
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766

Read more at https://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/473666/neowiz-release-information-on-the-premium-sub-199-99-founders-pack-reduced-to-149-99-in-latest-q-a#SJvj4C2oLPPjytAd.99

Because we all know that doing anything faster in a pvp game has no affect at all.

It's definitely beneficial but it isn't giving an advantage other than taking less time to level. 

No matter what people will always level faster than you, there's always that one person who finds the perfect grinding spot who can play 24 hours a day and not sleep and doesn't work, so for some people having a 20% bonus might be helpful. But in my opinion, offering an exp boost isn't abnormal, and certainly way better than other alternatives they could be offering.

I think some of the other perks are probably more game changing like the 10% less market tax. When in game currencies are flooded and the market cost for items jumps, you will notice that a lot more than 20% bonus exp. 
    MidPrincessKyleranchojin2kMrMelGibson
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited May 2018
    I can't wait for this game to release so the hype can die. Getting tired of all the Bless talk everywhere. Its like Dark and Light all over again. People were making a big fuss over that last year now its forgotten.
    Dakeru[Deleted User]KyleranJacobin
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    edited May 2018
    I am buying the $39.99 package and cant wait to play on the 28th.

"My arrows are going to block out the sun" :D
    Panther2103KyleranZombieCatIceDark
  • MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318
    What in the hell do they possibly think could justify this much money? No goddamn way. I paid that much money for SWTOR because it's my favorite IP and has been since I was a child. I LOVE Star Wars. But this is bullshit. I am tired of paying to access things like beta. They should be paying ME to play these awful beta's, not me paying them. So no. 
    MrMelGibson
  • MidPrincessMidPrincess Member UncommonPosts: 89

Read more at https://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/473666/neowiz-release-information-on-the-premium-sub-199-99-founders-pack-reduced-to-149-99-in-latest-q-a#SJvj4C2oLPPjytAd.99

It's definitely beneficial but it isn't giving an advantage other than taking less time to level. 

No matter what people will always level faster than you, there's always that one person who finds the perfect grinding spot who can play 24 hours a day and not sleep and doesn't work, so for some people having a 20% bonus might be helpful. But in my opinion, offering an exp boost isn't abnormal, and certainly way better than other alternatives they could be offering.

I think some of the other perks are probably more game changing like the 10% less market tax. When in game currencies are flooded and the market cost for items jumps, you will notice that a lot more than 20% bonus exp. 
    I think exp boosts, even the "dungeon points" they list, are pretty much expected to be in founders packs nowadays.  Heck, I've bought into early access for less than that; a mount could get me excited lmao.  But yeah bonus exp means less and less now, as you said there are legions of no-lifers out there who can eclipse the exp boosts just by playing 20 hours a day.

But I think once you get into gold/currency/tax advantages, maybe it's not "p2w" but it's a slippery slope.  Especially in a game that is (at least on its face) supposed to have some competitive aspects.  I suppose in the case of Bless that may come down to what's actually in the market, but IMHO, gold/currency is something that all should have to grind for equally, founder or no.
    Panther2103
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    Albatroes said:
    I can't wait for this game to release so the hype can die. Getting tired of all the Bless talk everywhere. Its like Dark and Light all over again. People were making a big fuss over that last year now its forgotten.
    It's an mmorpg site of course there is going to be talk about it. But sure, once it's released and we have the complaints from those who didn't temper their expectations we can go back to waiting for ... well, I suppose Camelot Unchained if it releases. There will be talk right up to the release date though, just a warning.

Same with Pantheon and Ashes of Creation.

I think Amazon will release a game.

Must be something else coming down the pike right?
    KyleranMrMelGibson
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    AnnaTS said:

That is what the pack was called before, They have reduced the price because people complained it was priced to high and a lot of people were saying it should be priced around $150. 

I don't really understand the point of your post, It doesn't make any sense.
    You don't understand the point of my post because you run from thread to thread in defense mode. Emissary or naw?

The point of my post is because they tried $199.99 and calling it collectors edition when every other collectors edition across multiple genres gave the customer more. Finally, what they were offering was more expensive than comparable packs to more established titles who didn't reboot 3 times and get left at the alter by a publisher.  They knew what they were doing. It was a heat check and they rightfully got rebuked.

I know I'm writing this for naught because Bless Defense League but yah...
    jimmywolfKyleran
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    DMKano said:

Ad hominem attacks based on another persons lack of money?

This has to be the saddest most insecure  comment I have seen on this forum in a long time.

wow.....
    You haven't been paying attention. There's worse in the Bless discussions.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Sovrath said:
    Albatroes said:
    It's an mmorpg site of course there is going to be talk about it. But sure, once it's released and we have the complaints from those who didn't temper their expectations we can go back to waiting for ... well, I suppose Camelot Unchained if it releases. There will be talk right up to the release date though, just a warning.

Same with Pantheon and Ashes of Creation.

I think Amazon will release a game.

Must be something else coming down the pike right?
    I dont mean just on this site but in general. There was meh hype when it was announced that it was coming west and Aeria was gonna publish it 2-ish years ago, then that went bust and they have their china+russia beta which both failed, then all of a sudden it gets this hype wind behind it after they say they are going to self-publish. Fine and good but the major problem is that they are a no name, again isn't a bad thing but its like all common sense went out the window after the game's beta failed twice and Aeria turned out publishing them (you know, Aeria, the one that pretty much has to beg other devs to publish them). But as I said, it'll come out, the wave will be gone, and it'll be onto something that hasn't failed twice. I'll give some people credit for only wanting the game to last long enough until something else is out, since this is only a filler game for them but others act like this is the second coming on AA or something.
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    People are saying 20% isn't a lot but how is the majority of individual character power earned in this game? Is it based on levels or gear? What is the percentage? If it's gear then how does one obtain gear? Crafting or drops? Can you purchase the gear that gives you an advantage over others faster with that extra gold from premium membership? At max level at the end of the game is everyone's stats the same? Like a moba? Or does that group of 5 guys facing off against your group with the same amount of play time gain some type of advantage by all having premium membership longer than your group? Will it determine the outcome of the battle?
    Kyleran