Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Elder Scrolls Online - It's Not All Perfect - MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• GolelornGolelorn Member RarePosts: 1,395
    My pet peeve is how small the expansions are, despite their cost. We no longer have Dolmens. And just a fraction of the world Bosses and shards that are found in the base game. Yet, the expansions are the cost of a full game. Morrowwind was a rip-off. The DLCs are just mostly barren empty lands.

Don't get me wrong - I love the game. Its just the DLCs and Morrowwind are terrible when compared to zones in the original game.
    infomatzOzmodan
  • borghive49borghive49 Member RarePosts: 493
    The combat animations are still like straight from 1999. Give me my gold ol tab target please!
    Ozmodan
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    DMKano said:
    Viper482 said:
    More impactful combat, get rid of megaserver, auction house, single guild per toon. Done.

This would require major rework and design changes, which at this point in ESOs life is simply not viable.

No shit.
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited May 2018
    DMKano said:
    Iselin said:
    Sometimes these days I get the impression that ESO has entered a special case of maintenance mode I'll call cash shop mode and that they're letting the interns try their hand at development.

<snip>

They are not quite there yet (maint mode) they are more in - just do enough to keep it going mode.

The reason is - majority of the dev staff has been working on a new yet unannounced project.

Lemme guess....Fallout - Battle Royale?

Nuts. @Iselin beat me to it.  But c'mon,  its gotta be in New Vegas,  right?

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Kyleran said:
    DMKano said:
    Iselin said:
    Sometimes these days I get the impression that ESO has entered a special case of maintenance mode I'll call cash shop mode and that they're letting the interns try their hand at development.

<snip>

They are not quite there yet (maint mode) they are more in - just do enough to keep it going mode.

The reason is - majority of the dev staff has been working on a new yet unannounced project.

Lemme guess....Fallout - Battle Royale?

Nuts. @Iselin beat me to it.  But c'mon,  its gotta be in New Vegas,  right?
    Great cynics think alike.
    Kyleran
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    Maybe main reason I did not feel in combat, I love tab targeting and particularly being able to use mouse for moving around. They have added this kind'a later, but still one can feel that is not what developers intended.
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    Iselin said:
    DMKano said:
    Iselin said:

<snip>

Let me guess: Battle Royale in Coldharbour. Am I close? :)
    Game of Thrones MMO
    BruceYee said:
    Iselin said:
    DMKano said:
    Iselin said:

<snip>

Let me guess: Battle Royale in Coldharbour. Am I close? :)
    Game of Thrones MMO
    I want to play the Faceless class :)
    BruceYee
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• klash2defklash2def Member EpicPosts: 1,949

Azmodeus said:

Animation clipping fixed? Still cookie cutter builds?

This!

every mmo ever?
    "Beliefs don't change facts. Facts, if you're reasonable, should change your beliefs."

"The Society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."

Currently: Games Audio Engineer, you didn't hear what I heard, you heard what I wanted you to hear. 

• klash2defklash2def Member EpicPosts: 1,949

Golelorn said:

My pet peeve is how small the expansions are, despite their cost. We no longer have Dolmens. And just a fraction of the world Bosses and shards that are found in the base game. Yet, the expansions are the cost of a full game. Morrowwind was a rip-off. The DLCs are just mostly barren empty lands.

Don't get me wrong - I love the game. Its just the DLCs and Morrowwind are terrible when compared to zones in the original game.

this is the one thing i dislike about ESO, DLC, and some of the crown store items are overpriced. imo
    "Beliefs don't change facts. Facts, if you're reasonable, should change your beliefs."

"The Society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."

Currently: Games Audio Engineer, you didn't hear what I heard, you heard what I wanted you to hear. 

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    Content is not scaled; characters are simply given a boost until they reach the level of mobs. After that - so for about 80% of a characters journey to max - there is no character boost. 

As far as the mega-server goes it is what it is. And it means you log on and you see other players. You don't see chat about my server being dead and when will they implement server mergers. Or conversely comments about long waits to log on just after new content has been released. Mega-servers have an upside and I think that offsets the downside.

I think the cash shop is totally overdone and whilst I agree that subscribers may well have been a  part of the problem initially - they got crowns and there was not a lot to spend them on - these days .... yeah. Especially as crowns cannot be used to buy expansions.
    Ozmodan[Deleted User]
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    No MMO is perfect.  If you don't like the content, don't play.  Personally, I find the game to be head and shoulders better than anything else out there.  Then again, I also still like Lotro too.  At least this game has continuity which I find lacking in many of the other MMOs
    Sovrath[Deleted User]KyleranThornrage
  • ysquare21ysquare21 Member UncommonPosts: 30
    I agree with most that has been said. I have played ESO on and off since the BETA. It was a Frankesntein's monster kind of mess at launch but they have done a lot initially to improve it. When Wrothgar launched I already was disappointed. It was a great DLC but overpriced. The same started to happen with the cash shop. I don't mind spending money on a game I enjoy. I am fortunate enough to do that (no kids yet :)) and gaming is a hobby of mine so why not? However, when the loot crates and housing dropped things started to get out of control. I LOVE housing in MMOs but the whole thing has just left a bad taste in my mouth and I haven't even bought one available for ingame gold yet. The same goes for mounts, pets and everything else. Not only is it overpriced but the quality is not there. Bad textures and simple reskins. The value is simply not there, especially when you compare it to other games.

The same goes for DLCs. They are priced like expansions of other MMOs and simply offer not the same kind of content. If they stay on that course they won't survive too long. Then again, it feels like they have given up anyways. They are phoning in a bare minimum and as long as people pay for that they will keep it going. A shame really, because all in all it is one of the few MMOs that really offers a virtual home for many different kinds of players.
    crown store prices have gotten stupid, but we need khajiit martial arts!
    One of the main reasons crown store prices have gotten stupid is that those with a monthly sub get 1500 crowns a month for subbing.

That was a good deal when the crown shop was first added to the game in 2015 but since then they have started factoring in that "free" 1500 crowns into their pricing of everything they add.
    Kyleranysquare21

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Iselin said:
    One of the main reasons crown store prices have gotten stupid is that those with a monthly sub get 1500 crowns a month for subbing.

That was a good deal when the crown shop was first added to the game in 2015 but since then they have started factoring in that "free" 1500 crowns into their pricing of everything they add.
    All that demand from China has decimated inventories and the pixel miners just can't keep up. Throw in a couple pixel smelters down for maintenance and you have pixel prices at an all time high with no relief in sight.
    IselinMadFrenchie

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

laserit said:
    Iselin said:

All that demand from China has decimated inventories and the pixel miners just can't keep up. Throw in a couple pixel smelters down for maintenance and you have pixel prices at an all time high with no relief in sight.
    Not to mention their rarity. It's why they can only sell them in limited time sales. Strange though that the time is limited but not the quantity in those sales.

I'm more familiar with real life sales at The Brick and Future Shop (RIP) where you could buy no more than six 100" flat screens at once.

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Iselin said:
    laserit said:
    Iselin said:

Not to mention their rarity. It's why they can only sell them in limited time sales. Strange though that the time is limited but not the quantity in those sales.

I'm more familiar with real life sales at The Brick and Future Shop (RIP) where you could buy no more than six 100" flat screens at once.
    When does the Brick not have a sale ;)

Remember Stacy's 10 year long going out of business sale

ESO I don't even know anymore how many tens of thousands of crowns I have. I just can't get immersed in the game anymore.

I hate shopping, always have, just ask the wife ;) 

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

laserit said:
    Iselin said:
    laserit said:
    Iselin said:

When does the Brick not have a sale ;)

Remember Stacy's 10 year long going out of business sale

ESO I don't even know anymore how many tens of thousands of crowns I have. I just can't get immersed in the game anymore.

I hate shopping, always have, just ask the wife ;) 
    Yeah I'm getting there.

When I go to the ESO forums and one of the most active trending threads is someone whining that the new loot crate you can get only by watching an officially designated ESO twitch stream has an exclusive mount skin in it that you can't get by buying "proper" loot crates, I want to just get as far away from those players as I possibly can.

Just who the F are these people and what are they doing in my game?
    Ozmodan

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• meonthissitemeonthissite Member UncommonPosts: 917

virgommo said:

I'm really surprised ESO hasn't gone the GW2 route of base game for free. At this point, it seems they would gather much more sales via cash shop (considering the cost of most items) than lost by the buy in of the base game.

Sadly the reason why Anet has been able to do that is directly due to their advancement for gold options in the TS, you have to literally buy your gear with gold which for a new player means they have to get it to compete in pve. You don't level crafting anywhere near that fast and getting the absurd amount of karma for a set doesn't happen overnight either. So technically Anet is getting money for the game.
  • ScotchUpScotchUp Member UncommonPosts: 228
    Seems like the game is dying, my guilds are really slowing down big time. Even changed 3 of them (three times) and the new ones are the same. Now am not going to say the game is losing players, with auctions it could be because of this addon, http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1768-NirnAuctionHouse.html

I also have a problem starting a new toon and having to go through the same stuff, just gets boring. Yet, I stay subbed, makes no sense but yet here I stay and play.
    “The reason I talk to myself is because I’m the only one whose answers I accept.”
    George Carlin
  • krulerkruler Member UncommonPosts: 589
    .extraClassAspect{-webkit-transform:scaleX(1.34)!important;}.extraClassCrop{-webkit-transform:scale(1.34)!important;}I have always said, looks great plays ok, leaves you feeling it could be so much more, I keep subbed waiting for the more, and never quite getting it......Its so annoying because its there , but it isn't.
    ScotchUp