Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Albion Online - Steam Launch Day Arrives with Discounts & Goodies (Sponsored) - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageAlbion Online - Steam Launch Day Arrives with Discounts & Goodies (Sponsored) - MMORPG.com

If it's May 16th, you know what that means: Albion Online has now officially launched on Steam! If that's not enough, Sandbox Interactive has a nice gift for ALL players as well as a sweet deal for anyone who's looking to buy in.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• titanofdoomtitanofdoom Member UncommonPosts: 263
    If anyone has a trial key, I'd be most grateful to try before I buy, kudos.
    Perennially extricating the extraneous
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    lol , this will not end well
    JeffSpicolisakinolZenJellyLeFantomeValdheimOctagon7711darkheartsortheneElysion28Angel_Piero
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,065
    Putting it up on Steam will not make it a fun game.
    ScorchiensakinolJeffSpicolimarganculosZenJellyLeFantomeCelciusValdheimThunder073darkheartsand 4 others.
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    edited May 2018
    First User review on Steam :
    BEST. GAME. EVER!!

Fake news ?
    Krynt0kZenJellydarkheartsMidPrincessElysion28Angel_Piero
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• Asch126Asch126 Member RarePosts: 543
    It'll get a boost for like a week or two and then go back to the unfun, P2W craziness it was.
    ZenJellyLeFantomeThunder073HarikenortheneElysion28
  • Rain_DeathravenRain_Deathraven Member UncommonPosts: 87
    On Albion official site you will get 30 days premium status and 2000 gold for 19,77 $.
    On steam you will get just the base game for 17,12 Euro.
    kikoodutroa8sakinolortheneElysion28
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768

On Albion official site you will get 30 days premium status and 2000 gold for 19,77 $.

On steam you will get just the base game for 17,12 Euro.

That's the same as the price on steam. Here is a description from the steam page :

Purchase includes:
    Unlimited access to Albion Online
    30 Days of Premium Status
    2,000 Gold

For 19.77.

So the same exact bundle.
    Celcius
  • ElvocElvoc Member RarePosts: 546
    Has anyone played this and liked it? You can't trust Steam reviews anymore ...
    BluefishmrputtsZenJellyHarikenAgent_JosephElysion28
  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    Elvoc said:
    I played and enjoyed it.  It needed some work, so I quit, so I'm not sure how far they've gotten.  I've heard mixed things, but they have been working on making it better.  I'll check it out eventually.

I self identify as a monkey.

Elvoc said:
    I enjoy it, but you have to like this type of game. 

Graphically it is pretty bad due to the fact that it's also on tablets and phones. 

Gameplay wise it's basically a very grindy full loot PvP game focused around guilds. 

If you enjoy grinding for hours and hours, and occasionally doing PvP I would say give it a shot if you don't mind the graphics or the fact that it's point and click. 
    JamesGoblin[Deleted User]Octagon7711
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    mgilbrtsn said:
    Elvoc said:
    I played and enjoyed it.  It needed some work, so I quit, so I'm not sure how far they've gotten.  I've heard mixed things, but they have been working on making it better.  I'll check it out eventually.
    It's actually pretty good.  Gave me a lot of oldschool sandbox vibes with the progression and such.  

A few things bugged me about the direction it was/is heading though:

- They are adding more and more instanced content, which defeats the purpose of an open-world sandbox, and the rewards are too good to ignore.
    - They have a centralized economy centering around one city because it's the only city in the entire game that can take you to the outlands where all the higher tier stuff is.
    - Relic items are just straight up unbalanced BS
    - There is no reset on anything so like older games there are a few guilds who control all the good stuff and kill anyone who gets near them. 
    mgilbrtsnjimmywolfJamesGoblin[Deleted User]ZenJellyThunder073Octagon7711Elysion28Sinsai[Deleted User]
  • Krynt0kKrynt0k Member UncommonPosts: 256
    I'd rather play Lineage 2 revolution. Albion Online is the worst game I've ever played. No need to explain myself its just bad
    ZenJellyStoneRosesThunder073

mgilbrtsn said:

Elvoc said:

It's actually pretty good.  Gave me a lot of oldschool sandbox vibes with the progression and such.  

- They are adding more and more instanced content, which defeats the purpose of an open-world sandbox, and the rewards are too good to ignore.
    - They have a centralized economy centering around one city because it's the only city in the entire game that can take you to the outlands where all the higher tier stuff is.
    - There is no reset on anything so like older games there are a few guilds who control all the good stuff and kill anyone who gets near them. 

Oldschool sandbox vibes?? Did you play Ultima Online in 1997?

Krynt0k said:

mgilbrtsn said:

Elvoc said:

I don't even know what you're trying to say here.  Given your lack of explanation on the earlier post though I don't expect one either.  I guess you just like to see your post count increase?
  • 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889

Elvoc said:

It's ok game but not too action-y - as one could expect from naive arcade-like aesthetics. Mobs are damage sponges, everything takes too much time.
    JamesGoblinOctagon7711

Thank you for your time!

Krynt0k said:
    I'd rather play Lineage 2 revolution. Albion Online is the worst game I've ever played. No need to explain myself its just bad
    You would rather play a 100% pay to win auto playing phone game?

That's your loss. 

This game is not bad, I've looked into your past posts to see if you gave a reason, you say that it has no freedom but is advertised as a sandbox. Which is pretty damn untrue. Just because you need to unlock things doesn't mean that it isn't free. I'm free to go build however I want, go wherever I want in the world, and craft whatever I want. What isn't free about that? 
  • kikoodutroa8kikoodutroa8 Member RarePosts: 565
    Guest Writer sure is enthusiastic about this p2w gem.
    Psym0nMidPrincessPhaserlight

Krynt0k said:

mgilbrtsn said:

Elvoc said:

I don't even know what you're trying to say here.  Given your lack of explanation on the earlier post though I don't expect one either.  I guess you just like to see your post count increase?

If I liked seeing my post count raise, I would of kept my old account made in 2004
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    Guest Writer sure is enthusiastic about this p2w gem.
    It's a sponsored post.
    Phaserlight
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • AztokAztok Member UncommonPosts: 33
    I'd rather play EvE. This is a terrible medieval version of EvE.
    Panserbjorne39ChaserzElysion28
  • couponforkcouponfork Member UncommonPosts: 114

Krynt0k said:

mgilbrtsn said:

Elvoc said:

No we simply want to know if you have any credentials to be comparing this game to an "oldschool sandbox MMO". This game is basically a super grindy MOBA with shit character customization and P2W aspects.

Want a good sandbox game? Try UO Outlands or Legends of Ultima.
    Krynt0kElysion28

Krynt0k said:

mgilbrtsn said:

Elvoc said:

No we simply want to know if you have any credentials to be comparing this game to an "oldschool sandbox MMO". This game is basically a super grindy MOBA with shit character customization and P2W aspects.

Want a good sandbox game? Try UO Outlands or Legends of Ultima.

Ahhh I see.  So YOU are the one who decides if I've played any of those games....not me.....got it! 
    Elysion28
  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    I tried it, completely underwhelming in every way. That was about a year ago, I dont see how it could be much different. Combat, camera view, skills, everything was just functional but not fun. I couldn't find anything that interested me in any way, which is rare. Usually I can at least find something I want to give props to in a game.
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    Can't link existing accounts to Steam.
  • NarmorNarmor Member UncommonPosts: 23
    People calling this game P2W really don't know what "pay to win" means, and that's being generous. I only got the standard version of the game like most people and have never EVER payed one more cent. I'm a casual player focused more than anything on PVP ganks and large scale fights I never, nor me nor any of my friends or even guildmates had to pay any extra to buy gold as making money and buying premium in this game it's not hard at all, I'm a casual dude and already got my year of premium payed. So really, if you don't like this kind of game, I get it, but don't call it P2W cause you'll just look dumb and clueless... Unless since you didn't like it you just want to make things up to try and shy people away from one of the most unique games out there that, sure, has some flaws but it's just keeps getting better and better and that's also far from death. Everyone's welcome to try it for yourself, see you on the Black Zones and don't let the salt fool you guys, this game is pretty good!
    LeFantomeElysion28Deathtognomes