Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Closed Beta Fun Facts Reveal Some Big Numbers - Defiance 2050 - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageClosed Beta Fun Facts Reveal Some Big Numbers - Defiance 2050 - MMORPG.com

Defiance 2050 News - The first round of Defiance 2050 closed beta testing has ended and Trion devs have published a neat wrap up of some of the statistics testers wracked up during recent events. In addition, the post lets readers know that devs are going through all of the collected feedback and will be beginning the work of adjusting systems and features in the weeks prior to launch.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    It's interesting they didn't include any player numbers or concurrent users. I really don't think this game is going to generate nearly as much hype as the previous game did, and a lot of players probably won't give it another shot.

I'll try it out but honestly it just looks like the same exact game.
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Same Game ..New Cash Shop ....................wtg Trion
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Adding a patch to the existing game and literally trying to sell it as an entirely new game. GG Trion.
  • virgommovirgommo Member UncommonPosts: 43
    Let's say a miracle happened and this game was the BEST game in the world. Did and had everything anyone could even want in a game, I'd still not play it. For one very simple reason, Trion. If this was a beacon of light in the MMO world, Trion would quite soon run it into the ground with mismanagement.

One could argue, but hey, they gave you a few good months of gameplay. While this might be true, you inevitably support what they are doing in the long term. You encourage them, because in the end it's a business and they made a profit from their actions. Actions which they will repeat over and over.

Trion has shown time and again how they treat their customer base. To quote the WOPR "The only winning move is not to play"
    Rellz
  • AlpiusAlpius Member UncommonPosts: 247
    I jumped in for about an hour last beta just out of curiosity. Yes, it's pretty much the same game, but it feels more stable with a very slight graphics increase and a new leveling progression. I'd like to give it the benefit of the doubt though, the overall game is/was great it just lost it's retention value due to grindy mechanics and greed. Here's hoping that this revitalizes the only good MMO shooter left and forces the devs to churn out new content.
    Rellz
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    DMKano said:
    Literally meaningless numbers.

When will game companies stop doing this?
    Yes.  Where's the numbers Trion is studying?  Like number of cash shop purchases, average purchase price, number of visits to the cash shop, average length of cash shop visit, and purchase to view ratios?  Those are going to be the numbers that are important to Trion.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002

"37 Hours was the Longest Session Playtime from a Player"

Let's hope that he just forgot to log out.
    Rellz[Deleted User]chocolate42069
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • RellzRellz Member UncommonPosts: 46
    We watching you Trion and we know what tactics you are trying to pull, but this time we not going to be your sheep test subjects anymore. 
  • samvenicesamvenice Member UncommonPosts: 153

It's interesting they didn't include any player numbers

There's the 420 players who managed to endure the dated graphics and stuttering animation until level cap... I wonder how far is that number from the actual player cap XD

• APThugAPThug Member RarePosts: 543
    I like games like these, but the enemies feel wayyyy too bullet spongey. Granted, I didn't have the greatest weapons but in almost all of the events, enemies took way too long to kill and did a shit ton of damage right back.

• evolgrinzevolgrinz Member UncommonPosts: 151
    Wanted to see numbers of the amount of players stopped playing within the 1st hour, when they realized it's exactly the same game as the original.