Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bless - Press Event Playtest – Monetization and Cash Shop - MMORPG.com

Comments

• StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,779
    edited May 2018
    Sephiroso said:

When i used the word excessive, i wasn't meaning to say "it's too much". No one can tell someone else "you're spending too much on x". I just meant when you have an abundance of extra finances so as to be able to easily afford 2-3k per year on video games.

Also you're not really just spending 2-3k per year on recreation, you're spending 2-3k on video games. You also are likely to go see a movie here and there with the family, that's recreation. Maybe an amusement park or golfing/etc throughout the year. So your total recreation amount a year is probably closer to 7-8k if you're spending 2-3k alone on video games.

When you have that much money where spending that much on recreation doesn't cripple you(or even tickle your bank) it changes how you view spending money. It's just a fact. Someone who has that much money won't worry as much when it comes to spending money because they don't have to stretch their money nearly as much as someone who makes a fraction of them.

That's what i meant by difference between someone who has an excessive amount of money to spend on recreation versus those that don't.
    So you are pretty much saying that if I only spent 2-3k on recreational drug use, then I am really spending 2-3k on  alcohol (as found in beer, wine, and distilled spirits); cannabis and hashish; nicotine (tobacco); caffeine (coffee and black tea); and the controlled substances listed as illegal drugs. Not recreational drug use.

Holy shit! How clueless can we possibly get?

Again, someone redefining the word Recreation to his/her own meaning.
    As we all know it's pretty common here.
    MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Wizardry said:
    So during the PRESS play test,they made sure to have the cash shop empty and you believe what they are telling you? haha.
    The PRESS knows that if they don't play NICE they don't get anymore calls from the developers,a really sad reality for gamer's who want ACCURATE game news and reviews not biased or partnered ones.
    It is like your neighbor invites you over for super then asks.."how was the food"your not going to give them a truthful answer,you will say,oh it was pretty good or some bullshit.
    You didn't read any of the articles did you? 

Never does, never stops him from commenting either.  Nobody who has a functional brain cell pays him any mind though.
    StoneRosesmaskedweaselKyleranMrMelGibson
  • truewarlordtruewarlord Member UncommonPosts: 78
    edited May 2018

DMKano said:

IceAge said:

DMKano said:

"The premium service will give players skins and other cosmetics every month in addition to possible boosts to leveling."

So much for cosmetics only ;)

@iceage No advantages in the premium shop, eh?

"I will say this however ( as I did before ) : The first time they will add P2W items in the cash shop, will be my last day in Bless. I will never support a game with P2W elements, no matter how good is it." -Iceage

So you gonna still play?

Wow, the ignorance in you is HIGH , LOL.

Possible Did you intentionally not seeing that? Possible came from the very guy who wrote this article, and not from the dev's. Geezes Kano , hate more pl0x :)

PS: And I said P2W Elements. Leveling boosts are not P2W elements. But you already knew that , don't you?

Oh I see - moving goalposts again.

So one player with premium XP potions has zero advantage over a player who doesnt.

Right? 

Wait wait wait. Are XP booms now considered P2W?

So WOW is now a P2W MMO or your double stands is just that stupidly high? Well you can buy a full leveled character in WOW, as far as I know.

So ESO is now P2W too?
    GW2? You play Archeage and are here complaining about potions and XP boosts in Bless? I mean, what is wrong with you? Are you working here? I mean, is anyone paying you to say that amount of bullshit or what? Looks like. Seriously is it possible to just block this guy? I would like to.
    Ozmodan
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    edited May 2018
    Rhoklaw said:

DMKano said:

IceAge said:

DMKano said:

"The premium service will give players skins and other cosmetics every month in addition to possible boosts to leveling."

"I will say this however ( as I did before ) : The first time they will add P2W items in the cash shop, will be my last day in Bless. I will never support a game with P2W elements, no matter how good is it." -Iceage

So you gonna still play?

Possible Did you intentionally not seeing that? Possible came from the very guy who wrote this article, and not from the dev's. Geezes Kano , hate more pl0x :)

PS: And I said P2W Elements. Leveling boosts are not P2W elements. But you already knew that , don't you?

So one player with premium XP potions has zero advantage over a player who doesnt.

Right? 

So WOW is now a P2W MMO or your double stands is just that stupidly high? Well you can buy a full leveled character in WOW, as far as I know.

So ESO is now P2W too?
    GW2? You play Archeage and are here complaining about potions and XP boosts in Bless? I mean, what is wrong with you? Are you working here? I mean, is anyone paying you to say that amount of bullshit or what? Looks like. Seriously is it possible to just block this guy? I would like to.
    Already stated this twice, but lets go for three time. First of all, both WoW and ESO have separation of PvE from PvP whether its through different server types or specific zones designed for PvP only, such as Cyrodil. So, explain to me where the Bless Online PvE server is or the PvE zone? There isn't one, but hey, at least they added a pill people can pay for in the cash shop to gain access to something similar.

Bless Online is a PVP ONLY game, do you understand the difference? In what world are you living in where a game that offers PvE seclusion have you heard ANYONE complain about a cash shop being P2W?
    I agree with the first part, getting rofl stomped by higher levels over and over again because they levelled faster due to xp potions and are now higher then you can definitely be called P2W for example.

I don't agree with the second part. People around here whine about P2W in EVERYTHING. Examples are Rift, LotRO, or even PoE because cosmetics can totally be P2W. Realistic? Not much. Happening? Most definitely.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530
    Well I feel bad for them now.

They are trying to make a "optional sub" game, which, well god luck with that, it's a cute try, but, in the end, I have bets that if it is not already riddled with all kinds of RNG items, it will be within 6 months, and more P2W will be added in as time goes on.
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020
    Sephiroso said:

When i used the word excessive, i wasn't meaning to say "it's too much". No one can tell someone else "you're spending too much on x". I just meant when you have an abundance of extra finances so as to be able to easily afford 2-3k per year on video games.

Also you're not really just spending 2-3k per year on recreation, you're spending 2-3k on video games. You also are likely to go see a movie here and there with the family, that's recreation. Maybe an amusement park or golfing/etc throughout the year. So your total recreation amount a year is probably closer to 7-8k if you're spending 2-3k alone on video games.

When you have that much money where spending that much on recreation doesn't cripple you(or even tickle your bank) it changes how you view spending money. It's just a fact. Someone who has that much money won't worry as much when it comes to spending money because they don't have to stretch their money nearly as much as someone who makes a fraction of them.

That's what i meant by difference between someone who has an excessive amount of money to spend on recreation versus those that don't.
    So you are pretty much saying that if I only spent 2-3k on recreational drug use, then I am really spending 2-3k on  alcohol (as found in beer, wine, and distilled spirits); cannabis and hashish; nicotine (tobacco); caffeine (coffee and black tea); and the controlled substances listed as illegal drugs. Not recreational drug use.

Holy shit! How clueless can we possibly get?

Again, someone redefining the word Recreation to his/her own meaning.
    As we all know it's pretty common here.
    Read what i said again? Video games is a recreational activity, so is going to the amusement park, so is watching movies, so is golfing. Someone spending 2-3k on video games is not only spending 2-3k on recreation which is exactly what i said.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    edited May 2018
    I was watching video of this the other day and it looks really bland, I can't see this game making it
    MidPrincess
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• TalulaRoseTalulaRose Member RarePosts: 1,247
    Ungood said:

They are trying to make a "optional sub" game, which, well god luck with that, it's a cute try, but, in the end, I have bets that if it is not already riddled with all kinds of RNG items, it will be within 6 months, and more P2W will be added in as time goes on.
    Optional sub means the game is set up to force you to get a sub and spend money in the cash shop. It will be exactly like BDO.

Your pvp experience will be dictated by the amount of money you spend.
    Ungood said:

Optional sub means the game is set up to force you to get a sub and spend money in the cash shop. It will be exactly like BDO.

You could be right.

Personally, PvP in MMO's too often is just bad, which is why I play MOBA's when I am looking for a PvP game.
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,178
    Ungood said:
    Ungood said:

You could be right.

Personally, PvP in MMO's too often is just bad, which is why I play MOBA's when I am looking for a PvP game.
    Lootboxes haven't been mentioned at all yet as to whether they will have them, but it's a possibility seeing as how most MMOs have them. 

Optional subs in games are usually the best way to go, for a number of reasons, when a game is geared towards an optional sub.... but usually thats when the game is F2P. 

B2P games with an optional sub, well, that's a different story.  It's highly unlikely they are going to force anyone through gameplay to sub, but I bet PvE players that don't want a PvP experience will likely be pushed to sub if the potion to unflag for PvP is in the cash shop. 

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Rhoklaw said:

DMKano said:

IceAge said:

DMKano said:

So you gonna still play?

Right? 

So ESO is now P2W too?
    Already stated this twice, but lets go for three time. First of all, both WoW and ESO have separation of PvE from PvP whether its through different server types or specific zones designed for PvP only, such as Cyrodil. So, explain to me where the Bless Online PvE server is or the PvE zone? There isn't one, but hey, at least they added a pill people can pay for in the cash shop to gain access to something similar.

Bless Online is a PVP ONLY game, do you understand the difference? In what world are you living in where a game that offers PvE seclusion have you heard ANYONE complain about a cash shop being P2W?
    So every PvP game is P2W then, because unless you start on day one you are at a disadvantage by your logic.

The reach is strong with this one.
    edited May 2018
    I guess its like saying I don't have time to put into this so let me throw money at it.

In sports its called steroids.

In games its xp potions.

No matter how you slice it the simple fact of you doing something faster because you paid is still an advantage. Its just how it goes, people take the path of least resistance.

ArcheAge...KoonKoon...Credit Card warrior.

• GroqstrongGroqstrong Member RarePosts: 815
    edited May 2018
    How does an xp booster qualify as p2w???  How many times have i leveled a character in an mmo f that noise.  Its a convenience item.  Help speed things along. Hell why don't we say 2 day headstart with founders pack is P2W also, since it will give a 2 day advantage.  
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    edited May 2018
    How does an xp booster qualify as p2w???  How many times have i leveled a character in an mmo f that noise.  Its a convenience item.  Help speed things along. Hell why don't we say 2 day headstart with founders pack is P2W also, since it will give a 2 day advantage.  
    While I have no issues with xp boosters, let's look at it logically.

Take a game where level is part of power. Now have people leveling like crazy so they can get as high as possible as quickly as possible. The guy who uses an xp booster is going to level faster. He is going to be more powerful more quickly.

If they sell xp boosters for money then that is going to give advantage "for money".

edit: obviously I'm talking about a pvp game.

maskedweasel
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    edited May 2018
    Sovrath said:

Take a game where level is part of power. Now have people leveling like crazy so they can get as high as possible as quickly as possible. The guy who uses an xp booster is going to level faster. He is going to be more powerful more quickly.

If they sell xp boosters for money then that is going to give advantage "for money".

Albeit a temporary advantage.  But then again, if what they mentioned about cash currency being earnable in game, it's possible just about anyone can obtain a boost depending on the cost.

Unless the XP boost is an inherent boost for premium subscribers only.  Or if that premium sub base gets an additional boosted XP gain over a purchasable cash shop boost. 

At end-game , level is pretty meaningless though. 

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Sovrath said:

Albeit a temporary advantage.  But then again, if what they mentioned about cash currency being earnable in game, it's possible just about anyone can obtain a boost depending on the cost.

Unless the XP boost is an inherent boost for premium subscribers only.  Or if that premium sub base gets an additional boosted XP gain over a purchasable cash shop boost. 

Its only temporary in the sense that its until they reach, or everyone else at least, also reaches max level, where level difference gives you an advantage in PVP then XP boosters are both desirable and P2W, particularly if you can afford it. ;)
    maskedweasel
    Phry said:
    Sovrath said:

Its only temporary in the sense that its until they reach, or everyone else at least, also reaches max level, where level difference gives you an advantage in PVP then XP boosters are both desirable and P2W, particularly if you can afford it. ;)
    This is true, but that branches off into game/world design too.  If a max level player can sit around in a lowby area with no consequences, fully utilizing their temporary advantage, only then does it really matter.

Most games that aren't sandbox FFAs don't have this issue, but I can't say what Bless will be like.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    Sovrath said:

While that's true, there are people who won't rocket to "end game" and they are essentially going to be fodder. It is what it is just like every game that has open world pvp, but if after a day or so you out distance a portion of the competition, they are going to constantly be attacked.
    maskedweasel
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    Ungood said:
    Ungood said:

You could be right.

Lootboxes haven't been mentioned at all yet as to whether they will have them, but it's a possibility seeing as how most MMOs have them. 

Optional subs in games are usually the best way to go, for a number of reasons, when a game is geared towards an optional sub.... but usually thats when the game is F2P. 

B2P games with an optional sub, well, that's a different story.  It's highly unlikely they are going to force anyone through gameplay to sub, but I bet PvE players that don't want a PvP experience will likely be pushed to sub if the potion to unflag for PvP is in the cash shop. 
    Or simply have the option to Toggle PvP on/off be a premium feature, and make the game open world PvP with full loot, and a massive gear grind with obscene power gaps between the levels, it's not mandatory that you can turn off PvP, but think how many people would pay 15 a month just to do that.
    maskedweaselMrMelGibson

Ungood said:
    Ungood said:
    Ungood said:

You could be right.

Or simply have the option to Toggle PvP on/off be a premium feature, and make the game open world PvP with full loot, and a massive gear grind with obscene power gaps between the levels, it's not mandatory that you can turn off PvP, but think how many people would pay 15 a month just to do that.
    You're absolutely right. I would pay 15 to keep it off indefinitely.  It would suck if that's how it had to be... but..  I would do it.
    UngoodMrMelGibson

• ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    Its casual gamers that make or break these kinds of games. Casual gamers don't care whether a game is p2w, they care about the game catering to their gaming preferences. 

Its hard to tell if they will enjoy this game or not because the only people you hear from around here are people that try pretty much every mmorpg and people that wait for that future game that will magically end their hiatus.
    SovrathMrMelGibson
    Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • DeathtognomesDeathtognomes Member UncommonPosts: 155
    edited May 2018

Rhoklaw said:

*snip*

P2W refers to concepts within control of the developer. So, in regards to streamers convincing their cult followers to hand over money and items is not necessarily P2W. That would be defined as teamwork. Streamer isn't paying them to do this.

However, Bless Online has no player trading, so guess we don't have to worry about streamers getting that unfair advantage.

P2W = Paying real money for in-game advantages that directly or indirectly increase your chance of winning in PvP.

Agreed. even XP potions are p2w regardless how everyone here is justifying that its not. Derps.
  • VikingmannVikingmann Member UncommonPosts: 14
    edited May 2018
    LOL, they killed the game before its even released with these so called boosts, which most likely is xp boost, and from what i heard from someone that know the game says that pets give u combat power, and if you can boost the xp of the pets, makes it P2W.
    Lost all interest in the game after the first bless event thing they had on friday, where they refused to confirm or deny what was in the cash shop, all they confirmed was that there was convenience items.
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Odd how posters get upset over such little things.  It is a typical eastern PVP MMO with the associated cash shop items.  The problem with these games, the asshats thoroughly enjoy making life miserable for many others.  They usually dump a ton of money into the game to purchase anything that gives them advantages.  So while this game might not be P2W,  it is most definitely another of those pay to make playing the game miserable for others.

This game is no different than any of the other eastern pvp games.  You can't know if you will like it or not until you give it a try.  Word to the wise, once other players get established it will get much harder.
    SovrathStoneRoses
    edited May 2018
    Phry said:
    Sovrath said:

Taking an xp potion not only increases your level but also enables you to get to higher content faster thus allowing you to also be better geared. Look at Aion and every other pvp game where level and gear dictate power.

Taking an xp potion is not an isolated mechanic that has no effect on the game as a whole.

I think some are being purposely obtuse in this discussion. 

Pve...who cares. I never have viewed pve as some competition.