Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bless - Press Event Playtest: Combat Preview - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageBless - Press Event Playtest: Combat Preview - MMORPG.com

Bless is a title that has been around for several years in Korea and more recently, it has had some success with a Japan release. Now with some hefty changes for western audiences, Neowiz is bringing Bless to Europe and North America. I was blessed enough (pun intended) to get some hands-on time with Bless Online at the Press Event to check out the changes, speak with the developers, and experience in-depth gameplay first hand.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    I cant wait to play.
    LinifIceAgemaskedweaselMYTHGuychojin2k[Deleted User]aCi11i3sMrMelGibsonMoonffang
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,173
    Mikeha said:
    I cant wait to play.
    I don't think I'm going to be buying the deluxe pack or anything, but I'm looking forward to playing a bit in between guild wars 2 sessions and waiting for pantheon and ashes of creation. 
    SamhaelMrMelGibsonBrunlin

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    Mikeha said:
    I cant wait to play.
    I don't think I'm going to be buying the deluxe pack or anything, but I'm looking forward to playing a bit in between guild wars 2 sessions and waiting for pantheon and ashes of creation. 
    I'll be buying the 40 dollar package. Not worth much more to me at the moment.
    maskedweaselIceAgeSamhaelStoneRoseschojin2kLeFantomeMrMelGibsonMoonffangBrunlin
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Sovrath said:
    Mikeha said:
    I cant wait to play.

Going for the 40 dollar pack also.  
    SovrathStoneRosesDr_BinksLeFantomeMrMelGibsonBrunlin
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,173
    Mikeha said:
    Sovrath said:
    Mikeha said:
    I cant wait to play.

It's actually a good deal with the premium service and the headstart.  I was planning on only doing the 30 dollar package, but, for 10 more bucks you get the premium service, so I guess I might as well go for that too.
    MikehaMYTHGuySovrathStoneRosesDr_BinksLeFantomeMrMelGibsonBrunlin

• drax2drax2 Member CommonPosts: 7
    Can anyone tell me what the "hook" is about Bless? Don't get me wrong it looks really nice, but what's makes it special. There's so many MMO's that are similiar. what's going to be great about this one? Is it a PVP experience for example?
    saker
  • SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020
    edited May 2018
    Mikeha said:
    Sovrath said:
    Mikeha said:
    I cant wait to play.

It's actually a good deal with the premium service and the headstart.  I was planning on only doing the 30 dollar package, but, for 10 more bucks you get the premium service, so I guess I might as well go for that too.
    Ehh, that entirely depends on how much the premium service is gonna be sold for. If they're selling premium service for 10 bucks for instance....i wouldn't call that a good deal.
    maskedweasel

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

drax2 said:
    Can anyone tell me what the "hook" is about Bless? Don't get me wrong it looks really nice, but what's makes it special. There's so many MMO's that are similiar. what's going to be great about this one? Is it a PVP experience for example?
    the "hook" is its flavor of the month. nothing more. people are bored, they see a new shiny, they go rabid for it.
    SamhaelsakerStoneRoses[Deleted User]kimchy2010Dakeru[Deleted User]TlemeleKyleranWraithoneand 1 other.

• JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,676
    If it's similar to Aion I'll give it a look see. Probably wait a bit though due to the chequered history.
    Sovrath
  • sakersaker Member RarePosts: 1,458
    - well good luck to those who enjoy this kind of thing. Doesn't sound at all like a thing I have any interest in. Twitchy console-centric games, nah.
    qomagunklackeronemeg
  • esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097
    I'll have to look at how I might be able to play from Japan. I do want to give it a try, but I think even the $40 pack seems expensive. I'll wait for a sale any play Conan Exiles, Eden Rising and Dauntless for now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,771
    I'll bite and drop it for the deluxe edition along with the trail of shit that will come with it.
    Nothing better than getting lectured over the internet. 
    maskedweasel
    MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
  • UNH0LYEV1LUNH0LYEV1L Member UncommonPosts: 571
    I just feel like folks haven't had an MMORPG to play in so long which is the reason why everyone is hyped for Bless. Thats completely OK But I dont see this being a long lasting game.
    Dakeru
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    I'll bite and drop it for the deluxe edition along with the trail of shit that will come with it.
    Nothing better than getting lectured over the internet. 
    I'll be joining you then going in at deluxe level! Can't wait to hear how I waste my own money and am part of some sort of problem by spending money on my hobby instead of leeching through it all.

Good times ahead I say!

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    StoneRosesMrMelGibsonTlemeleKyleran
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• axtrantiaxtranti Member UncommonPosts: 95
    Played the JP version, it feels like playing league of legends the mmorpg. Everything snaps, the animations are horrid, easily the worst combat system I've ever played, and I've played a crap ton of bad mmorpgs. They've spent so much money on this game that are trying to milk whatever is left of it by using the western audience. The game drops frames super hard in big fights with any high end pc.

Ima just enjoy on the side and watch this one burn out quicker than wildstar.
    angerbeaverLucienRene

asdasdasd

• Tom272Tom272 Member UncommonPosts: 30
    I can't wait for it to come out!

axtranti said:

Played the JP version, it feels like playing league of legends the mmorpg. Everything snaps, the animations are horrid, easily the worst combat system I've ever played, and I've played a crap ton of bad mmorpgs. They've spent so much money on this game that are trying to milk whatever is left of it by using the western audience. The game drops frames super hard in big fights with any high end pc.

Ima just enjoy on the side and watch this one burn out quicker than wildstar.

The frame drops sounds like Revelation Online. If that is the case I may just get a refund after trying it.
  • Asch126Asch126 Member RarePosts: 543
    I'll never understand why people are gonna throw money at a game that has failed multiple times already.
    DakeruTlemeleKyleranAlec_StormLucienRene
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    edited May 2018
    Asch126 said:
    I'll never understand why people are gonna throw money at a game that has failed multiple times already.
    hasn't this already been answered? Several times by different people.

edit: ok fine ...

What were the specific reasons it failed, do the changes help mitigate some of those reasons. Clearly BlueTurtle (above) has played it in several places and he is going to continue so apparently there is some fun to be had.

Additionally, people look for different reasons to play any game. I subscribed to Vanguard right up to the day they announced its closure.

That game "failed" but for me it was more fun than most games on the market.

So just because something "fails" doesn't mean that those reasons will resonate with me. Also, I have no issues deciding for myself as opposed to letting some unknowns tell me what I should/should not be playing. If the game is atrocious I can get a refund within 2 hours.

That's perfect. Normally I don't because I can usually tell what I'm getting into at any given moment.

maskedweaselStoneRosesMikehaMrMelGibsonultimateduckKyleran
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • aCi11i3saCi11i3s Member UncommonPosts: 54
    I’m waiting and watching for this one. Instace based, Eastern theme park, with pets, and a cash shop?
    Asch126 said:
    The same reason why you threw your money away on this!

To you, this is the greatest thing ever.
    It gets you around and you even get the ladies & gentlemen with this.
    You don't even have to worry about all the electronics and sensors that now come with new models of cars.

You have your reasons and you don't give a fuck about what people think because it makes you happy.

For all those who know exactly what I am talk about, look at us now.

KyleranWraithone
    Sovrath said:
    Asch126 said:
      If the game is atrocious I can get a refund within 2 hours.

That's perfect. Normally I don't because I can usually tell what I'm getting into at any given moment.

people have been saying if the game doesn't come pre-loaded then the time you have the launcher open patching the game counts against those 2 hours. So depending on your internet speed, no you won't be able to get a refund.

• LeFantomeLeFantome Member RarePosts: 691

Mikeha said:

Sovrath said:

Mikeha said:

I cant wait to play.

Same

• FortenbasFortenbas Member UncommonPosts: 15
    It will be the 40 dollar package for me too.