Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bless - Press Event Playtest – Monetization and Cash Shop - MMORPG.com

Comments

• ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    I have no problem with $15 subscriptions but I'm honestly tired of all excuses people make when it comes to cash shops. Publishers have never been honest on what goes in the cash shop so you are better off looking at what's in the cash shop in other regions.
    Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749
    edited May 2018
    I can't stand convenience cash shops any more than P2W versions.  Anything that makes normal game play awful in order to induce cash shop purchases so that it in turn makes the gameplay bearable is despicable game design to me.

I pay and play these game to be entertained, not to be psychologically manipulated, tortured with tedious mechanics to induce cash shop purchases or to have addiction / gambling buttons pushed with loot boxes, pay 2 win or convenience cash shops.

[Deleted User]MauerickPanserbjorne39XingbairongRoin

• SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020
    edited May 2018
    If XP boosts aren't a thing, neither is getting "ganked" by higher level people.

If we all can agree to the above then XP boosts isn't a thing, and I'll concede to that.

XP boosts = doing higher level content way faster, getting geared faster, and dominating faster with impunity and being able to control important progress areas. It's one thing to do this on your own accord, it's another to do it with a potion or "boost"

The same people acting like the above isn't true are the same people who will be complaining about it or who wouldn't even play. I'm pretty sure of it.

Also I think if you're an in the emissary program or have some fanatic level stake in Bless you should state it before making retorts. I was interested in Bless and gave it a chance. Anything I've seen and pointed out has been from a place of interest and response to what has been provided (or withheld). Watching the same people come out as Bless Defense League repeatedly raises red flags. You guys talking about DMKano but you're not any different IMHO.
    Here's the thing. XP boosts in a game where you reach max level in a week is whatever. XP boosts in a game like BDO where even with the game being out for years people still not max level is an entirely different matter. The amount of time advantage between the two situations is astronomical.

XP boosts in a game where you reach max lvl in a week is akin to hours of advantage. If you're gonna be upset about xp boosts in a game like this, then you should primarily be upset that you can pay extra for 48 hours advantage over others.
    IceAgeSBFordtruewarlord

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

• FilburFilbur Member UncommonPosts: 254
    The leveling in Bless is extremely fast. Even slow players will reach the max level of 45 in one or two weeks. So I really don't see the problem.
    SBFordtruewarlord
  • timeraidertimeraider Member UncommonPosts: 865

berlight said:

The game already failed 3 times. Why should be different now? gg

5 times to be precise. Do have to agree they only called 3 of them actual relaunches
    sumdumguy1
    Ashes of Creation Referral link - Help me to help you!
    https://ashesofcreation.com/r/Y4U3PQCASUPJ5SED
  • MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,360
    The fact that it's pvp all the time, unless you buy something from the cash shop means I won't tough this already failed title.

After 3~5 failed launches, I see no reason to expect this time to be any different.
    sumdumguy1
  • FilburFilbur Member UncommonPosts: 254

berlight said:

The game already failed 3 times. Why should be different now? gg

5 times to be precise. Do have to agree they only called 3 of them actual relaunches
    What are you talking about? Stop spewing lies. Bless launched 2016 in Korea and Russia, both versions were underdeveloped, buggy and full of lag and performance issues - the death for every PvP focused MMO. The rebuild project followed 2017 and is still ongoing.

sumdumguy1
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    @Sephirosa @Filbur If that's the case then I'd agree.

I just don't see developers putting a product in the cash shop and not up-selling it somehow. For instance, they're selling inventory space. I can't see them NOT purposefully tweaking item stacks to make sure it's a revenue stream.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,173

I just don't see developers putting a product in the cash shop and not up-selling it somehow. For instance, they're selling inventory space. I can't see them NOT purposefully tweaking item stacks to make sure it's a revenue stream.
    If they are focusing on making this close to the GW2 B2P route, which it looks like they are, I would say that may be closer to what you'd expect from the game.  GW2 sells all that kinda stuff, cosmetics, account services, boosts, bag space, all that... it isn't pay 2 win at all.  Despite that, you can even do gem to gold conversions and buy legendary items.... which you'd imagine would be pay 2 win, but.. people apparently don't care, or don't see it that way because the stat boosts are so nominal it doesn't really matter. 
    chojin2k

• Jamar870Jamar870 Member UncommonPosts: 570
    I'll wait for the streams and reviews first before deciding to dive into this game.
  • SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020

If they are focusing on making this close to the GW2 B2P route, which it looks like they are, I would say that may be closer to what you'd expect from the game.  GW2 sells all that kinda stuff, cosmetics, account services, boosts, bag space, all that... it isn't pay 2 win at all.  Despite that, you can even do gem to gold conversions and buy legendary items.... which you'd imagine would be pay 2 win, but.. people apparently don't care, or don't see it that way because the stat boosts are so nominal it doesn't really matter. 
    You're very right that it wouldn't be p2w if it goes the GW2 route. But, and i might step on some toes saying this but i'm sorry, the fact that they're being a bit shady with releasing info makes me think its going to be p2w and not like GW2's cash shop.

We're 2 weeks away from early access starting and still don't have full details what's going to be in EA cash shop? To me, that just reeks of them holding off as long as possible so they can get as much money as they possibly can get from EA sales/purchases of the base game on the 30th before too many people learn about whats in the cash shop.

I refuse to believe they don't know what's going to be in the cash shop 2 weeks before early access is going to start, unless early access ends up starting without a cash shop.
    Mauerick

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,173
    Sephiroso said:

You're very right that it wouldn't be p2w if it goes the GW2 route. But, and i might step on some toes saying this but i'm sorry, the fact that they're being a bit shady with releasing info makes me think its going to be p2w and not like GW2's cash shop.

We're 2 weeks away from early access starting and still don't have full details what's going to be in EA cash shop? To me, that just reeks of them holding off as long as possible so they can get as much money as they possibly can get from EA sales/purchases of the base game on the 30th before too many people learn about whats in the cash shop.

I refuse to believe they don't know what's going to be in the cash shop 2 weeks before early access is going to start, unless early access ends up starting without a cash shop.
    I think that's a completely normal outlook to have.  A lot of people are wary of companies saying one thing and then doing another, we've all seen it.  I'm fine with people being skeptical, and while I personally do plan on playing it, I'm not planning on betting the farm with the collectors edition.  

• JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,676
    Any pvp mmo has two battlegrounds:
    The game and the Forum.
    DaRedHawk
  • DorjeeDorjee Member UncommonPosts: 7

DMKano said:

"The premium service will give players skins and other cosmetics every month in addition to possible boosts to leveling."

So much for cosmetics only ;)

@iceage No advantages in the premium shop, eh?

"I will say this however ( as I did before ) : The first time they will add P2W items in the cash shop, will be my last day in Bless. I will never support a game with P2W elements, no matter how good is it." -Iceage

So you gonna still play?

They should have just made it a Box + Sub Fee with free Trial period no cash shop at all.

They probably trying to market sub as premium which is going to bite them.

Xp bonuses is the dumbest thing a company could put in a game.

Weekend xp bonus might be ok if it's a small one for people who work but should be standard for all players.
    Xingbairong
  • TalulaRoseTalulaRose Member RarePosts: 1,247
    If XP boosts aren't a thing, neither is getting "ganked" by higher level people.

If we all can agree to the above then XP boosts isn't a thing, and I'll concede to that.

XP boosts = doing higher level content way faster, getting geared faster, and dominating faster with impunity and being able to control important progress areas. It's one thing to do this on your own accord, it's another to do it with a potion or "boost"

The same people acting like the above isn't true are the same people who will be complaining about it or who wouldn't even play. I'm pretty sure of it.

Also I think if you're an in the emissary program or have some fanatic level stake in Bless you should state it before making retorts. I was interested in Bless and gave it a chance. Anything I've seen and pointed out has been from a place of interest and response to what has been provided (or withheld). Watching the same people come out as Bless Defense League repeatedly raises red flags. You guys talking about DMKano but you're not any different IMHO.
    You are exactly right about xp boosts. THis game will end up as ArcheAge and BDO. Those that pay....win.

Another way to get an advantage is to become a streamer, start a guild and have people give you stuff.

Xingbairong
  • AnnaTSAnnaTS Member UncommonPosts: 600
    edited May 2018
    Rhoklaw said:

P2W doesn't receive much chirps in a mostly PvE focused game like FFXIV and in some cases even WoW. Let me put it this way. If Bless Online or Black Desert Online had PvE servers to coincide with their PvP servers or gave players a non-monetary choice to only PvE, again, you'd hear less chirps. Instead, what does Bless offer the PvE community? Potions you have to pay for to avoid the PvP.

PvP + Cash Shops has and always will be about squeezing money out of competitive customers who are willing to pay for advantages to WIN in PvP.
    The game hasn't got much PVE  and i don't think they're releasing the one raid they have at launch, so that's why there isn't any PVE servers because there isn't much PVE in the game. 

There is only 2 endgame dungeons and 5 as you level, So at endgame people will only be farming two dungeons, The crafting system is very basic, People are probably only going to use it for making runes, pet taming scrolls, food and potions, Then there is pet and mount taming that's it for PVE. 

All the rest of the content is focused on PVP even the area basel canyon is a PVP area with pvp dailies, So not sure why anyone want to play the game just for the PVE experience because there isn't a lot of it, It also only takes about a week to level for casual.
    IceAge
  • StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,771

DMKano said:

"The premium service will give players skins and other cosmetics every month in addition to possible boosts to leveling."

"I will say this however ( as I did before ) : The first time they will add P2W items in the cash shop, will be my last day in Bless. I will never support a game with P2W elements, no matter how good is it." -Iceage

So you gonna still play?

Level boost is hardly a fucking deal breaker for ANY GAME!
    LVL boost is in just about every PREMIUM/Subbase game now.

OMG P2W FEATURE! MY ASS!
    ADVANTAGE! MY ASS!

Good luck with your crusade!
    IceAge[Deleted User]
    MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited May 2018

DMKano said:

IceAge said:

DMKano said:

So you gonna still play?

Wow, the ignorance in you is HIGH , LOL.

Possible Did you intentionally not seeing that? Possible came from the very guy who wrote this article, and not from the dev's. Geezes Kano , hate more pl0x :)

PS: And I said P2W Elements. Leveling boosts are not P2W elements. But you already knew that , don't you?

Oh I see - moving goalposts again.

So one player with premium XP potions has zero advantage over a player who doesnt.

Right? 

Having premium XP potions is just like going to WoW or FFXIV or any other big mmo and paying $60 for a max level character boost. What advantage is there? you just defeated the whole purpose of playing the game by paying extra. If EXP boosts were pay to win then every single mmo out there is pay to win.
    StoneRoses[Deleted User]MrMelGibson

DMKano said:

IceAge said:

DMKano said:

So you gonna still play?

Possible Did you intentionally not seeing that? Possible came from the very guy who wrote this article, and not from the dev's. Geezes Kano , hate more pl0x :)

PS: And I said P2W Elements. Leveling boosts are not P2W elements. But you already knew that , don't you?

So one player with premium XP potions has zero advantage over a player who doesnt.

Right? 

Having premium XP potions is just like going to WoW or FFXIV or any other big mmo and paying $60 for a max level character boost. What advantage is there? you just defeated the whole purpose of playing the game by paying extra. If EXP boosts were pay to win then every single mmo out there is pay to win.
    Common sense statements like these are sacred and forbidden!
    Though, it should be followed with statistics, graphs, and X marking the spot!
    Cause it couldn't be more obvious.

rojoArcueidKyleranMrMelGibson
  • KrimzinKrimzin Member UncommonPosts: 687
    DMKano said:

So you gonna still play?
    Lets see.. Tameable pets for everyone can give 142% XP bonus..Why the fuck would you buy an xp pot in Cash shop... You wouldnt.  So yes, cash shop is not P2W

Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    Best Duo Ever

Lets see your Battle Stations /r/battlestations
    Battle Station 
    Rhoklaw said:

DMKano said:

IceAge said:

DMKano said:

So you gonna still play?

Right? 

Common sense statements like these are sacred and forbidden!
    Though, it should be followed with statistics, graphs, and X marking the spot!
    Cause it couldn't be more obvious.

Really? So you're saying Bless Online or Black Desert Online have PvE servers? No? Back to the drawing board for your next batch of not so logical conclusions.

When people have choices, you will hear less bitching. There is no choice in Bless, it's PvP and PvP only. Oh, I take that back, you can PAY for a PvE version, but we don't even know how that works exactly. Such as, how long do the PvE pills last? How often can you use them? All we know right now is that the pills are more expensive at max level.

Options:
    1. To buy or not to buy
    2. To buy and not Sub
    3. To buy and Sub
    4. Not to buy and wait for F2p
    You see how that works!
  • Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558

Rhoklaw said:

You are exactly right about xp boosts. THis game will end up as ArcheAge and BDO. Those that pay....win.

Another way to get an advantage is to become a streamer, start a guild and have people give you stuff.

P2W refers to concepts within control of the developer. So, in regards to streamers convincing their cult followers to hand over money and items is not necessarily P2W. That would be defined as teamwork. Streamer isn't paying them to do this.

However, Bless Online has no player trading, so guess we don't have to worry about streamers getting that unfair advantage.

P2W = Paying real money for in-game advantages that directly or indirectly increase your chance of winning in PvP.

I have a better idea. If you re not playing the game, or don t care to, stfu and not worry about it. I could care less, PvP or not game, if someone can get more xp then me lol. It s a game relax.
    StoneRoses[Deleted User]IceAgeKyleran
  • AnnaTSAnnaTS Member UncommonPosts: 600
    Rhoklaw said:
    AnnaTS said:
    Rhoklaw said:

P2W doesn't receive much chirps in a mostly PvE focused game like FFXIV and in some cases even WoW. Let me put it this way. If Bless Online or Black Desert Online had PvE servers to coincide with their PvP servers or gave players a non-monetary choice to only PvE, again, you'd hear less chirps. Instead, what does Bless offer the PvE community? Potions you have to pay for to avoid the PvP.

PvP + Cash Shops has and always will be about squeezing money out of competitive customers who are willing to pay for advantages to WIN in PvP.
    The game hasn't got much PVE  and i don't think they're releasing the one raid they have at launch, so that's why there isn't any PVE servers because there isn't much PVE in the game. 

There is only 2 endgame dungeons and 5 as you level, So at endgame people will only be farming two dungeons, The crafting system is very basic, People are probably only going to use it for making runes, pet taming scrolls, food and potions, Then there is pet and mount taming that's it for PVE. 

All the rest of the content is focused on PVP even the area basel canyon is a PVP area with pvp dailies, So not sure why anyone want to play the game just for the PVE experience because there isn't a lot of it, It also only takes about a week to level for casual.
    So, this game has little to no PvE content, crafting is basic and so all there really is to do is PvP? Well, even if the game had no cash shop, I wouldn't play it. Sounds boring AF. This isn't a MMORPG, it's more like an MMOFPS.
    Yet people still want to play it, Anyone could research what the game has to offer, It's not like information isn't available, But at least you know why there is no PVE server now.
    StoneRoses[Deleted User]IceAgeKyleran
  • Veexer_NuiVeexer_Nui Member UncommonPosts: 268
    Buy game on steam, open cash shop. If it's pay2win steam refund.
    StoneRoses

Archeage EU - Nui

• CryolitycalCryolitycal Member UncommonPosts: 205
    Everyone has their own definition of P2W depending on how they are affected :\ Examples:

- I pay for stuff that allows me to level up faster and get more rewards - "P2W is if you can win easier in PvP because of your spending"
    - I play for free and farm for everything - "P2W is anything that gives others advantages of any kind over myself"

Humans tend to make their own definitions after all.

Regardless, I know this kind of game. They'd start nicely with cosmetics and by the 3rd year you could buy pretty much everything, masked by some "currency" system like Neverwinter had (has?) - "but you can farm enough ingame and then buy that currency/gear yourself so it's not P2W" - yeah sure, but it's no longer a game, but a damn job by that point /spit in disgust.