Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Last Epoch (ARPG) with free playable DEMO on KS

MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lastepoch/last-epoch?ref=section_games_popular

https://discordapp.com/channels/368953963267096586/414295382625878037

this game is really awesome so far, devs are super cool, they are at 27% right now, goal is 210k

Rykker on The Last Epoch

Cosmetic only shop (POE style)

Comments

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    The whole game looks very much "POE style"  :)
    Sold.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    The whole game looks very much "POE style"  :)

But with animations that are worth a damn.  Might give it a go.
  • wesjrwesjr Member UncommonPosts: 506
    I hope they add WSAD movement as well
    SirAgravaineStoneRoses
  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    try it out, the demo is free on KS pretty cool way to promote
    3 classes to try, Beastmaster, Sorcerer, Void Knight of the 10 they will have at launch
  • cmacqcmacq Member UncommonPosts: 331
    edited April 2018
    Hell I would have no problems with POE if the camera was this far out......

Edit: Nope...can't handle another D2 style inventory. I don't mind paying for it but don't give me that oversized everything...POE got that wrong as well imho
    Post edited by cmacq on
    [Deleted User]
    cmacq said:

Edit: Nope...can't handle another D2 style inventory. I don't mind paying for it but don't give me that oversized everything...POE got that wrong as well imho

they have said in the discord that they are looking at backpack space options
    bump it up
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited April 2018
    Torval said:
    Looks interesting, but I'm done with cosmetic cash shops. I have enough of those games and I'm not adding any more right now.
    Honestly, unless you're done with gaming in general, almost every game has a cash shop of sorts, even single player games for the past few years. I mean its like developers/publishers think we should be praising them if they dont have loot boxes and be thankful they only have a cash shop....Or that they allow us the privilege to buy into their alpha/beta testing when around a decade ago they constantly had applications to recruit alpha/beta testers. Feels like the world is becoming more and more upside down due to greed and the general populaces' impatience.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Umm no,it still looks like a super cheap game.
    Also the narrator of the video sounds like he is sponsored to hype this game up.He makes a claim that ALL classes have a unique identity,seeing how it is a new game,he is making that statement up aka sponsored.
    He also makes too much reference to Diablo games of which i think are total crap,well to be fair AL arpg's are crap until i see ONE developer put some effort into them.

I have made the statement before,i can't stand trees or point systems.

MyrdynnSirAgravaine

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Played the demo a fair bit, threw them some money, the project is well underway and fun, why not?

Immediately backed Black Geyser too, looks impressive.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    [Deleted User]
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• cmacqcmacq Member UncommonPosts: 331
    Myrdynn said:
    cmacq said:

they have said in the discord that they are looking at backpack space options
    Really hope they do. 
  • moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530
    Took two characters to 50, feels C-list. Not really sure what paladin is going to bring the table when Void-Knight is basically purple paladin. Worried about dots being too strong once again.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    I'm rather fond of these "B" list ARPGs and this one looks like they're putting a lot of thought into the active/passive skills and character development which for me is where the fun is.

Will definitely keep my eye on this one.
    [Deleted User]StoneRoses
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

edited May 2018
    1 week left they need about 90k to fund, this game is fun and is polished in the demo already.  Get in now at 40$ and be able to demo the Necro next month
    alright guys they currently sit at 171k/210k.  They have done 6 downloads since I started this thread.  Game is constantly being updated, and it has a free demo with 3 and almost 4 of the classes ready to go

They have 4 days to raise 39k, help em out and head over to discord
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    This game looks good I hope they make it.

3 days 29k
    edited May 2018
    one of the build guides with gameplay, really cool.  Especially if you like totems in POE

made it!
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    looks fun , gonna keep an eye on it
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    OMG they made it wonderful . Happy for them.
    Chamber of Chains
  • SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020
    cmacq said:

I mean...that's just part of ARPGs. Inventory management.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

• SirAgravaineSirAgravaine Member RarePosts: 520
    Wizardry said:
    Umm no,it still looks like a super cheap game.
    Also the narrator of the video sounds like he is sponsored to hype this game up.He makes a claim that ALL classes have a unique identity,seeing how it is a new game,he is making that statement up aka sponsored.
    He also makes too much reference to Diablo games of which i think are total crap,well to be fair AL arpg's are crap until i see ONE developer put some effort into them.

I have made the statement before,i can't stand trees or point systems.

You are such a tool.
    CryomatrixIselin
  • SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020
    Torval said:
    DMKano said:
    Sephiroso said:
    cmacq said:

I mean...that's just part of ARPGs. Inventory management.

inventory tetris ;)
    Inventory management is okay. I hate inventory tetris. It's probably my single most hated vestigial feature clinging to these games.
    On one hand, i understand the frustration to a degree. But on the other hand...in the amount that gear drops in ARPGs....what is the need to fill your inventory with gear when 99.5% drops are going to be useless?

Learning how to loot in ARPGs is a skill people need to learn when playing ARPGs. It's not like playing an mmo where you pick up every piece of gear that drops and sell it all to a vendor or shard it. 1000x the amount of gear drops in ARPGs compared to mmos, so you can't really expect looting to work the same way.
    CryomatrixIselin

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!