Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Trailer Announces Bless is Headed Out the Gate on May 28th! - Bless Videos - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited May 2018 in Videos Discussion

imageNew Trailer Announces Bless is Headed Out the Gate on May 28th! - Bless Videos - MMORPG.com

We finally have the official word that Bless will be heading out the gate on Steam on May 28th. The brief, but action-packed, trailer shows off some gameplay and reveals the date that "Bless is Reborn".

Read the full story here

Comments

• StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,779
    I really hope the game is much better than this trailer!
    White_LotusViper482chocolate42069AgeniMouloxtos85SolancerTriddleOrthelianqomaValanarrand 1 other.
    MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
  • White_LotusWhite_Lotus Member UncommonPosts: 10
    soon I will have this!
    IceAgeMikehachocolate42069MrMelGibsonThunder073
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Someone explain to me why all asian companies seem to think that a "hype" trailer should involve mostly cinematics?
    SandmanjwonelesslightThunder073
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    edited May 2018
    Early Access Start Date & Time

May 30th at 10:00 a.m. (PDT)
    Those who purchased a Founder’s Pack will be able to enjoy the game two days in advance on May 28 at 10:00 a.m. (PDT).
    Founder’s Packs will be sold beginning May 28 at 10:00 a.m. (PDT) on the Bless Steam Store page (link). https://steamcommunity.com/app/681660/discussions/4/2828702372997651776/
    XingbairongMrMelGibsonSignex

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806

Albatroes said:

Someone explain to me why all asian companies seem to think that a "hype" trailer should involve mostly cinematics?

Invader Zim Tallness mode: ON

But I *like* CGI videos Albaltroes... :)
    MrMelGibson
    "If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • XingbairongXingbairong Member RarePosts: 927
    Surely this is a fanmade trailer and not something made by an actual developing company for their game right? Seriously... it's bad!

By the way is there any info on what the cash shop will be like. What does the premium provide? I heard some people saying that there is an item that give actual attack power(or whatever power) which is essentially a p2w item in my opinion if it makes your character stronger.
    MrMelGibsonZenJellyValanarrThunder073
  • 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889
    I hope new Bless will become a decent game so PearlAbyss will have to improve Black Desert Online - PvE and item enhancing specifically.

(character models aren't that good in Bless, in between Tera and BDO)
    Corrupt1290

Thank you for your time!

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    The number one thing on everyone's mind that cares should be how the optimization is. Even the footage they showed "previewing" class abilities had a lot of frame drops and that wasn't even with a lot of mobs/players around, yet this is supposed to have full on seige battles or whatever.
    Numenon
  • SandmanjwSandmanjw Member RarePosts: 527

Looked like no actual game play in it...so not a good sign. People that are proud of their games mostly put SOME game play in them .
    AlbatroesOctagon7711PhryonelesslightValanarr
  • XingbairongXingbairong Member RarePosts: 927
    edited May 2018

3dom said:

I hope new Bless will become a decent game so PearlAbyss will have to improve Black Desert Online - PvE and item enhancing specifically.

I doubt it. I had some expectations, but after seeing how they decided to monetize it I can see the game dying right around the WoW expansion comes out.

It's B2P which is fine and the prices would've been fine as well if there was no Premium, but there is also Premium, which if the past 3-4 years are any indicator is almost a guaranteed p2w advantage. What's more there is also a shop that would sell stuff other than "cosmetics" which is more p2w as far as what I've seen .

The only people that I see that are happy with the game having p2w, I mean Premium are those that like to have unfair advantage over people that can't afford it.

That's why WoW still continues to be my favorite game. It's sub-based which guarantees that everyone is equal. I don't know about others, but I've never liked p2w games not because I can't afford it, but because I can, but I know probably 60-70% of players or even more can't... Where's the fun in oneshotting someone or doing something that others can't do without investing 1 month of grind. I personally don't see any gratification in being unfairly stronger than others.
    vordorgordonNumenon
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    Yeah, the trailer isn't a good sign at all. They should look at the TL NCsoft trailer for what a trailer should look like.
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015

Albatroes said:

Aren't Blizzard Hype trailers mostly cinematics? Same with Star Wars the Old Republic come to think of it.

In any case, it's probably to appeal to the players' imaginations.

Give more theatrical "weight" to what one is looking at.

[Deleted User]JemAs666[Deleted User]MrMelGibsontinoberserk
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • wilgp12wilgp12 Member UncommonPosts: 6

3dom said:

I doubt it. I had some expectations, but after seeing how they decided to monetize it I can see the game dying right around the WoW expansion comes out.

It's B2P which is fine and the prices would've been fine as well if there was no Premium, but there is also Premium, which if the past 3-4 years are any indicator is almost a guaranteed p2w advantage. What's more there is also a shop that would sell stuff other than "cosmetics" which is more p2w as far as what I've seen .

The only people that I see that are happy with the game having p2w, I mean Premium are those that like to have unfair advantage over people that can't afford it.

That's why WoW still continues to be my favorite game. It's sub-based which guarantees that everyone is equal. I don't know about others, but I've never liked p2w games not because I can't afford it, but because I can, but I know probably 60-70% of players or even more can't... Where's the fun in oneshotting someone or doing something that others can't do without investing 1 month of grind. I personally don't see any gratification in being unfairly stronger than others.

They have say many times there is no p2w in the game at all.
    AlomarZenJellyvordorgordonNumenon
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,168
    No QoL anything in this game is a step backward for a Korean MMO. I know some folks don't care, but if I'm gonna play a Korean grinder it must have some QoL to keep me interested, because than all it is a grindy combat MMO.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• Asch126Asch126 Member RarePosts: 543
    If you watched today's little twitch event they did, you'll know how the game plays. It's nothing to write home about.

It's a good in-between MMO, the one you play when waiting for the next big thing.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Sandmanjw said:

Looked like no actual game play in it...so not a good sign. People that are proud of their games mostly put SOME game play in them .
    Someone in the steam forums said that even streamer videos have been extremely limited, also not a good sign.
    PhryNumenon

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,779
    Sovrath said:

Albatroes said:

Aren't Blizzard Hype trailers mostly cinematics? Same with Star Wars the Old Republic come to think of it.

In any case, it's probably to appeal to the players' imaginations.

Give more theatrical "weight" to what one is looking at.

I do find those trailers more entertaining.
    MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    Premium advantages means this game won't last long. BTP for a twice failed game that's just mediocre. Cosmetics are the only things that should be in the cash shop.
    vordorgordonNumenon
  • FilburFilbur Member UncommonPosts: 254
    BruceYee said:
    ... for a twice failed game that's just mediocre.
    I know that everyone is using that argument, but I think it's totally stupid. Final Fantasy XIV 1.0 also failed in every region it launched in, yet it is a pretty big hit now. The same goes for the PC launch of ESO and its later B2P restart.
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Next Korean cowpie up..How many will step in it?
  • volttvoltt Member UncommonPosts: 432
    edited May 2018

Filbur said:

BruceYee said:

... for a twice failed game that's just mediocre.

I know that everyone is using that argument, but I think it's totally stupid. Final Fantasy XIV 1.0 also failed in every region it launched in, yet it is a pretty big hit now. The same goes for the PC launch of ESO and its later B2P restart.

However ffxiv pretty much reworked ever aspect of the game not just changing acouple things
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,364
    horrible trailer just the music ugh
    onelesslight
  • Jrich_cpJrich_cp Member UncommonPosts: 63
    There isnt any pay 2 win elements. They said cosmetic and convenience. If you think convenience is pay 2 win, then you are wrong. Everyone on stream that got asked how the game ran said it was smooth. Note: they redid their ui which was the cause of the issue. So there isnt any major optimization issues that we saw. These 2 reasons and the combat are why the game failed in other regions and they also said there will be a stronger focus on feedback from the community than other regions. All the reasons you all are scared to pay $30 have been adressed and fixed. Time to focus on gameplay and give feedback about game systems. They mentioned trying to release in about 6 months. So instead of being a doomsayer, get in there and do your part to give feedback and make the game better!
    Numenon
    DMKano said:

ESO never failed, not sure why even bring that up.

The retention rate of the original ESO PC launch was abysmal.
    Mikeha
    They were in full-on damage control mode when they launched One Tamriel and switched to B2P. The game is perfectly healthy now, but absoluty no one would have guessed that back then.