Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Under the Moonlight Coming May 22nd with Quality of Life Improvements - Final Fantasy XIV - MMORPG.

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageUnder the Moonlight Coming May 22nd with Quality of Life Improvements - Final Fantasy XIV - MMORPG.com

Final Fantasy XIV News - The Final Fantasy XIV Lodestone has been updated with a new developer blog to detail some of the quality of life improvements that players can expect when Under the Moonlight launches on May 22nd. Pets will have unique markers on the map as opposed to having the same ones as players. In addition, when logging in, players will see a list of achievements they're close to finishing and which can be completed in the area they're currently in. Lastly, an Improved Savage content warning is incoming!

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Gideon Emery is awesome
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    I like how they try to make it appear this game has as good of story as all FF games of the past, tons of VO, cool AI ect, but when you actually play it's like playing a silent movie in one big virtual diorama.
    daltaniouspantaro[Deleted User]
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094
    edited May 2018
    I'm still too focused on crafting to the point I've not done much of the Stormblood story on any of my characters. Missing out on a lot, but then again... Billions of gil. (>o.o)>

I've had a theory on where one of the future expansions will take us. Pretty much since before Heavenswards. But it became stronger during such with the implementation of the Warriors of Darkness. With Iroha, Tenzen and Shanttoto showing up in recent times (and looking exactly like their FFXI counterparts), I'm still left to wonder if we won't have a FFXI theme expansion or set of raids similar to FFXII and Ivalice.

Given the story of Vana'diel and what happens to our characters in Rhapsodies... well, the light pretty much dominates that world since the darkness was so weakened to the point of what happened happened. Even a God of Light was born. Though I purposely try to leave out specifics to avoid spoilers, despite the game being old and most being unlikely to handle the old systems.

The significance of that when it comes to Eorzea is pretty grand if you think outside of the box. We've been shown that the universes are connected in various ways through character visits, and now an us being able to visit Ivalice. With the Warriors of Darkness formerly being Warriors of Light, but aligning to the darkness since the Light took over their world and turned it into a Light Void. If they take a little artistic freedom, that could easily translate to what happened in Rhapsodies. Especially who one of the big bads of Rhapsodies actually turned out to be.
    Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
  • Asch126Asch126 Member RarePosts: 543

I'm still too focused on crafting to the point I've not done much of the Stormblood story on any of my characters. Missing out on a lot, but then again... Billions of gil. (>o.o)>

I've had a theory on where one of the future expansions will take us. Pretty much since before Heavenswards. But it became stronger during such with the implementation of the Warriors of Darkness. With Iroha, Tenzen and Shanttoto showing up in recent times (and looking exactly like their FFXI counterparts), I'm still left to wonder if we won't have a FFXI theme expansion or set of raids similar to FFXII and Ivalice.

Given the story of Vana'diel and what happens to our characters in Rhapsodies... well, the light pretty much dominates that world since the darkness was so weakened to the point of what happened happened. Even a God of Light was born. Though I purposely try to leave out specifics to avoid spoilers, despite the game being old and most being unlikely to handle the old systems.

The significance of that when it comes to Eorzea is pretty grand if you think outside of the box. We've been shown that the universes are connected in various ways through character visits, and now an us being able to visit Ivalice. With the Warriors of Darkness formerly being Warriors of Light, but aligning to the darkness since the Light took over their world and turned it into a Light Void. If they take a little artistic freedom, that could easily translate to what happened in Rhapsodies. Especially who one of the big bads of Rhapsodies actually turned out to be.

Did you forget the whole point of Eureka was to simulate FFXI's systems?
    It's more like I haven't stepped foot into Eureka to see it myself. Though simulating the systems isn't the same as going back to the Warrior of Darkness Arc and seeing what happened to Minfilia. Nor does it relate all that much to another FF world in the same way Ivalice does. Iroha did mention that she'd meet us again -- either in our world or hers. Shanttoto is, well... herself. She travels between worlds and dimensions quite often according to her lore. I've only seen screenshots of Tenzen, but he looks exactly the same.

That said, by the time Rhapsodies came along, you were able to pretty much solo just about anything in the game. Easily getting a merit point in seconds from killing VT / IT mobs by yourself (well, with your trusts). So Eureka is, from what I read in the past, more of a homage to how things used to be and not really a continuation of Vana'diels story.
    Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    this is going to be the last patch ?
    edited May 2018

Warlyx said:

this is going to be the last patch ?

no this is like the expansion's halfway point. Usually the finally patch of a FFXIV expansion is X.57 (i.e. 2.57/3.57/etc) and those types are just weekly cap increase patches etc. Final content related patches for expansions are usually X.55.
  • DeadSpockDeadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 403

Tiller said:

I like how they try to make it appear this game has as good of story as all FF games of the past, tons of VO, cool AI ect, but when you actually play it's like playing a silent movie in one big virtual diorama.

It has very good FF story and some voice over some are text and that the good part of the game, not just good but awesome. Gameplay and gear grind and ilevel is the ugly part of the game. Play the game before you judge it cause there’s tons of voice overs and great story.
    pantaro
  • ArimaWasTakenArimaWasTaken Member UncommonPosts: 21

Tiller said:

I highly doubt that you have experienced 20% of the game, based on your comment. And if you have, you were not even paying attention.
    edited May 2018
    What's up with these low post count knights of white just showing up? Tiller isn't wrong. Only about 40~50% of the main story is voice acted. Now as far as the story being awesome etc, that'll always be subjective. For example, I liked the warriors of darkness arc the most out of the HW expansion and the beginning story arc the most out of the beginning of SB (even though they are kind of spoiling it a bit in this trailer); however, I've seen many with reversed opinions, calling the WoD arc lazy and the SB beginning act eh. In general, the FF franchise does a good job with story telling, but SE has been very cheap with execution over the years. I'm not saying the full game should be voice acted but the story should be as well as story related fights (which I'll give them credit for not being as lazy about some of the voicing in fights in SB so far). Especially when the voice acting just randomly stops. The voice acting is actually good which counter acts why it ends so abruptly in many scenes. Its not asking for too much to have a company as big as SE invest more money into voice acting rather than creating asset wastelands like Eureka which will be abandoned by the general populace after every patch. Just look at Diadem. Probably 100 people still go there out of the month, yet its massive and had so much potential. Hell even investing money into test servers to test stuff like Eureka/Diadem since they really dont really have a story tie (I mean the Eureka 'story' was just a tutorial at best), so they can get proper feedback on how to make it into something that'll last longer than a patch. I mean a lot of previous stuff was cut just for Eureka alone, yet it turns out to be another poorly executed idea.
    NephethpantaroDeadSpock
  • pantaropantaro Member RarePosts: 515
    edited May 2018

Albatroes said:

What's up with these low post count knights of white just showing up? Tiller isn't wrong. Only about 40~50% of the main story is voice acted. Now as far as the story being awesome etc, that'll always be subjective. For example, I liked the warriors of darkness arc the most out of the HW expansion and the beginning story arc the most out of the beginning of SB (even though they are kind of spoiling it a bit in this trailer); however, I've seen many with reversed opinions, calling the WoD arc lazy and the SB beginning act eh. In general, the FF franchise does a good job with story telling, but SE has been very cheap with execution over the years. I'm not saying the full game should be voice acted but the story should be as well as story related fights (which I'll give them credit for not being as lazy about some of the voicing in fights in SB so far). Especially when the voice acting just randomly stops. The voice acting is actually good which counter acts why it ends so abruptly in many scenes. Its not asking for too much to have a company as big as SE invest more money into voice acting rather than creating asset wastelands like Eureka which will be abandoned by the general populace after every patch. Just look at Diadem. Probably 100 people still go there out of the month, yet its massive and had so much potential. Hell even investing money into test servers to test stuff like Eureka/Diadem since they really dont really have a story tie (I mean the Eureka 'story' was just a tutorial at best), so they can get proper feedback on how to make it into something that'll last longer than a patch. I mean a lot of previous stuff was cut just for Eureka alone, yet it turns out to be another poorly executed idea.

i'm just over here thinking yea i probably have only experienced a good 20% of the game and yes i do think the story is horrible in this game,i think the community is pretty great tho. but why would anyone keep throwing money at a game if they dislike it so much just cause fans claim of the story getting better.

also for me i dont need VO i read plenty of graphic novels and play alot of crpgs a story can be good or bad without it being spoken to you. but like it's been said thats all subjective. these white knights are wild i tell ya!
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Let me know they actually make a significant change/addition to the game.  Doing the same things in a different place ad infintum  is why I left.

NEW DUNGEONS! NEW PRIMALS! NEW RAID! NEW CURRENCIES TO GRIND FOR GEAR THAT WILL BE OUTDATED IN A MONTH!!!!
    -Every FFXIV update ever.  
    Ridelynn
  • zanfirezanfire Member UncommonPosts: 969
    "Let me know they actually make a significant change/addition to the game. Doing the same things in a different place ad infintum is why I left.

NEW DUNGEONS! NEW PRIMALS! NEW RAID! NEW CURRENCIES TO GRIND FOR GEAR THAT WILL BE OUTDATED IN A MONTH!!!!
    -Every FFXIV update ever."

I saw this patern before the first expansion and kept being re-assured it would be so different, yet its been doing the same few things to death at this point. I quit a few months into HW, poked in a few times but saw it wasnt ever going to change. I have many other issues with the game, but this was easily the biggest one.

I think there is a good reason they never say the sub numbers directly or let you see how many people are on at any given time like they did with XI because i'm sure its quite a bit lower than what some of the fans think, especially the month after a patch drops and it becomes a ghost town.

Every expansion with XI brought very different content and endgame, but for some baffeling reason this game can't seem to get away from spewing out the same few scripted to death instances. It really shows that SE is not what they once were and Yoshi-P is not some genius savior.
    edited May 2018
    zanfire said:
    "Let me know they actually make a significant change/addition to the game. Doing the same things in a different place ad infintum is why I left.

I saw this patern before the first expansion and kept being re-assured it would be so different, yet its been doing the same few things to death at this point. I quit a few months into HW, poked in a few times but saw it wasnt ever going to change. I have many other issues with the game, but this was easily the biggest one.

I think there is a good reason they never say the sub numbers directly or let you see how many people are on at any given time like they did with XI because i'm sure its quite a bit lower than what some of the fans think, especially the month after a patch drops and it becomes a ghost town.

Every expansion with XI brought very different content and endgame, but for some baffeling reason this game can't seem to get away from spewing out the same few scripted to death instances. It really shows that SE is not what they once were and Yoshi-P is not some genius savior.
    Yeah, as a fellow FFXI vet I see exactly what you're talking about.  Each expansion actually (and i know this is a crazy concept today) expanded on the whole game, providing new ways to play.  Expansions in FFXIV just provide a new set of the same shit to do on a new backdrop.

CoP introduced Promyvion
    ToaU introduced Beseiged and Nyzul Isle
    Wings of the Goddess introduced Campaign

HW introduced....QoL changes
    Same for Stormblood

You can create a million dungeons and a million primals and half a million raids....but eventually doing the same thing with a different backdrop with slightly different mechanics gets old.  
    zanfire

zanfire said:

I’m not a white knight I don’t even play ffxiv anymore I actually still play FFXI and lotro now but when I did play found story line great and everyone else who played it thinks the same. I’m a day one FFXI player and still play to this day.

DeadSpock said:

zanfire said:

I’m not a white knight I don’t even play ffxiv anymore I actually still play FFXI and lotro now but when I did play found story line great and everyone else who played it thinks the same. I’m a day one FFXI player and still play to this day.

Wrong quote ment it for the guy who called me white knight.
  • linadragonlinadragon Member RarePosts: 589
    Sounds like some people in this thread should just leave the mmorpg genre behind because it sounds like you wouldn't be happy playing anything old or new.
    edited May 2018
    Hmm.  Too many posts to quote and respond to, so I'll just make general statements.

The Warriors of Darkness Arc is / was an interesting concept -- most of the complaints I've heard about it is that it ended abruptly.  Though since it took a main character along with it to "a new world", it's very likely it will be visited again, and they're just planting the seeds of a new story.  Kind of like what they did / have been doing since 2.0, and with 2.0 taking old stuff from 1.0 and expanding on it.

Story progression is presented in the same way as previous expansions, yes.  In fact, it essentially the same way FFXI did things.  They're all connected and stuff from the last expansions -- especially in the patches -- tend to show up again and are expanded on.

As for new playstyles, this is also the case.  Though it tends to be implemented in patches rather than launch.  Most of the new playstyles relate to leveling alts or your first class -- such as the new PvP system / changes and the experience thereof (and new types).  As well as PotD being implemented back in Heavensward to replace or add onto FATE trains.  With then Squadrons being added in Stormblood and replacing / adding onto PotD for specific levels (being vastly superior for 20-50 leveling if you level your squadron up to +60% damage buffs).  The new chances to the Stormblood Deep Dungeons look interesting as well.  Though I haven't played Eureka yet to see how it is, despite them trying to bring back a more FFXI feel for it and a new way to acquire gear for your alternate classes that you want.

This is followed by new things like Diadem, Eureka, Wondrous tails, Treasure Hunts (and treasury portals), new types of roulettes... as well as a host of other things that are constantly updated rather than abandoned (with new rewards being put in, or other things to promote participation).  The game also has an intricate meta in various portions of the game -- my favorite being crafting and harvesting, as there's always new things to learn with each patch or new implementations or ways to acquire things with each expansion.  That is to speak nothing for the other activities that are just meant to be fun... Chief among them Triple Triad, Housing, Gold Saucer, Chocobo Raising (and combat / leveling / racing) and so on and so forth.  In addition to frequent updates to new hairstyles and emotes, that just file under adding depth and not forgetting about the little things.  Though honestly, that's just touching the surface of patches, and not even going into the mainstream stuff and the rewards thereof.  In essence, it's a hyper themepark, but a themepark all the same.  It just has more intricate and complex things than the average one in a lot of systems.

It's a game that updates pretty much everything, while adding new stuff and new systems to expand on the entirety of the game through patches.  Some may not like the supposed lack of focus on one thing to make that "truly great" while ignoring others, and prefer they just work on what "they like"... but I'm sure there are games out there that have a singular focus.  For me, it's almost like my birthday each time a new patch is out, as nearly every feature is expanded upon in some way.  Even small things like new features for housing and apartments and hosts of new furniture and the like.

What they really need to do is update the 1-50 base game, as well as the patched content for it.  They mentioned wanting to axe much of the patched content of the original, but it's up in the air if that alone will really improve the new player experience to the point where they'll be hooked so early in the game.  The voice acting has improved a lot, and they should go back and represent such in the base game.  As well as improving the overall flow of quests.  Especially that first quest for the class specific questing.  It just sets a bad taste in the mouth.  Placing attack dummies in the guilds to learn how to attack would be more suiting than having people run around and get lost immediately.  Though the game's story gets mildly okay at level 35ish, then plummets at 45-50 (being non-existant is more like it), followed by a horrible patch 2.1-2.3.5 experience of having too many quests without major story elements.  But picks up to being "great" after a plot twist, then "good" with Heavensward, followed by "great" again with the start of Stormblood.

It is especially good for Role Play, though... with them constantly added new features for it with each patch (player requested features), along with things that naturally fulfill that need.  The only problem being housing and the RP servers being closed due to always being full and having queues to get in.
    Post edited by Yaevindusk on
    [Deleted User]

• peanutabcpeanutabc Member UncommonPosts: 176
    zanfire said:

game director even says for people to unsub and resub when patches hit so wouldn't be surprised if it's a figure that bounces all over the place. But then again people love their housing and are forced to keep a subscription else they get deleted.
  • peanutabcpeanutabc Member UncommonPosts: 176

What they really need to do is update the 1-50 base game

Honestly even 1-60 needs an entire overhaul. It's so painful is ridiculous.

I thought about leveling a second character so I can raid on two but it's just so horrible and feels disgusting to even slog through 1-60 I just stopped and scrapped the idea.

Not going to buy boosts for an alt either.

HW already made jobs even worst 1-50. SB gutted more abilities and now some are horrible 1-60
    edited May 2018
    peanutabc said:

What they really need to do is update the 1-50 base game

Honestly even 1-60 needs an entire overhaul. It's so painful is ridiculous.

I thought about leveling a second character so I can raid on two but it's just so horrible and feels disgusting to even slog through 1-60 I just stopped and scrapped the idea.

Not going to buy boosts for an alt either.

HW already made jobs even worst 1-50. SB gutted more abilities and now some are horrible 1-60

I'd say 50-60 is definitely superior to 1-50 on the whole.  At the very least more subject to a subjective preference for the player.  That is, if there was only resources for one, HW is "good" enough to stand on its own objectively or by comparison.

Personally, I have several legacy accounts and a non-legacy account that I only keep up for specific things such as adding more rooms to my FCs for an immersion factor.  So I've probably leveled about 25 or more characters up to about level 60 with maybe 15 of them at 70 at present (idly working on the 16th as just doing a quick roulette each day really levels you over time).  The biggest issue that you notice after leveling that much is the 2.0 patch content as well as the 45-50 gap that is just horrible.  I've long suggested them gutting 2.1-2.35 and then lowering level 50 quests to level 45 so that the remaining old patch content is able to be played from 46 to 50 so that there is visible progression along with the story they saved.

In Stormblood, I've not done any of the patch content yet as I focus on leveling characters and working on crafting / gathering quite a bit.  In fact, every character on my legacy accounts are all omni crafters to some extent.  With only one really having every item available to craft, along with full melded gear for the expensive items.

As for Heavensward making the combat at lower levels feel even worse... I agree with you on that.  They improved all the crap they did to Jobs in Heavensward as far as level 54-70 is concerned, but they made the lower levels less interesting as a whole.  This was noticeable with Rogue / Ninja and Dragoon in particular when I was leveling new characters during Stormblood and not using old characters that I had already got to 50 / 60 in previous expansions.

It's become somewhat habit to speed run 1-50 in particular and it's a pain.  So maybe I'm just more tired of that and feel almost "free" by the time I get to Heavensward.  Though with new characters I sometimes make every item in the game for the class I tend for them to be, as well as give them several stacks of every material in case I want to level crafting or just sell them on whatever new server I'm transferring them to.  The 10,000,000 gil limit with transfers is pretty useless since you can just bring hundreds of millions of items to sell (albeit a normal person wouldn't have the means and I admit I'm crazy when it comes to making money in games -- it also still takes weeks of work to prepare a new character like this, not to mention months to find buyers at my new location).  But I mainly do that if I want to help a friend that plays elsewhere or plans to play on a different server.

It sounds more insane than it is (but it still is as a whole), since I oft abandon those characters and don't do much with what is transferred.  They typically don't make it up to Heavensward patches.  Mainly a "you have billions so why not" sort of thing to establish myself on new servers in case I ever want to switch or a friend wants to play in it.  The speed running itself also involves just spending millions on other people to level with them while having the best of everything, even penta melded leveling attire.

edited May 2018
    peanutabc said:
    zanfire said:

game director even says for people to unsub and resub when patches hit so wouldn't be surprised if it's a figure that bounces all over the place. But then again people love their housing and are forced to keep a subscription else they get deleted.

The only thing we know is that they:

1) Keep on increasing their team size
    2) Added servers to Europe after Stormblood
    3) Tripled Stormblood's Budget over Heavensward
    4) Went to the expense of moving their servers to locations with better tech and space
    5) Still have three fan festivals both celebrating FFXIV and revealing the new expansions.  Seems excessive to have three just for one reveal, but at least it includes Japan, Europe and the States.  Blizzcon says their expenses outweigh ticket sales and viewership and that they only hold it in California since it's cheaper due to being in driving distance to Irvine.  So I'd imagine it's costly for FFXIV to bring their stuff all over three times.

That's to say nothing of their mog station and people going insane over "cute stuff" in it.  In addition to the super cute plushes that keep on getting sold out, as well as the Lore Book that was incredibly hard to get a hold of for a long time.

Given that FFXI is still up and in maintenance mode with a subscription means that people will pay for Square Items and that they keep up their flagship franchise.  FFXIV is probably one of the most secure games in terms of the unlikelihood of being brought down, alongside WoW.

Though some of the above could just mean they have confidence in their product and that investing more will bring even more in.  Still, said confidence along with money to back it up is an attractive thing to customers as a whole -- along with a beloved franchise.

Hmm.  Too many posts to quote and respond to, so I'll just make general statements.

The Warriors of Darkness Arc is / was an interesting concept -- most of the complaints I've heard about it is that it ended abruptly.  Though since it took a main character along with it to "a new world", it's very likely it will be visited again, and they're just planting the seeds of a new story.  Kind of like what they did / have been doing since 2.0, and with 2.0 taking old stuff from 1.0 and expanding on it.

Story progression is presented in the same way as previous expansions, yes.  In fact, it essentially the same way FFXI did things.  They're all connected and stuff from the last expansions -- especially in the patches -- tend to show up again and are expanded on.

As for new playstyles, this is also the case.  Though it tends to be implemented in patches rather than launch.  Most of the new playstyles relate to leveling alts or your first class -- such as the new PvP system / changes and the experience thereof (and new types).  As well as PotD being implemented back in Heavensward to replace or add onto FATE trains.  With then Squadrons being added in Stormblood and replacing / adding onto PotD for specific levels (being vastly superior for 20-50 leveling if you level your squadron up to +60% damage buffs).  The new chances to the Stormblood Deep Dungeons look interesting as well.  Though I haven't played Eureka yet to see how it is, despite them trying to bring back a more FFXI feel for it and a new way to acquire gear for your alternate classes that you want.

This is followed by new things like Diadem, Eureka, Wondrous tails, Treasure Hunts (and treasury portals), new types of roulettes... as well as a host of other things that are constantly updated rather than abandoned (with new rewards being put in, or other things to promote participation).  The game also has an intricate meta in various portions of the game -- my favorite being crafting and harvesting, as there's always new things to learn with each patch or new implementations or ways to acquire things with each expansion.  That is to speak nothing for the other activities that are just meant to be fun... Chief among them Triple Triad, Housing, Gold Saucer, Chocobo Raising (and combat / leveling / racing) and so on and so forth.  In addition to frequent updates to new hairstyles and emotes, that just file under adding depth and not forgetting about the little things.  Though honestly, that's just touching the surface of patches, and not even going into the mainstream stuff and the rewards thereof.  In essence, it's a hyper themepark, but a themepark all the same.  It just has more intricate and complex things than the average one in a lot of systems.

It's a game that updates pretty much everything, while adding new stuff and new systems to expand on the entirety of the game through patches.  Some may not like the supposed lack of focus on one thing to make that "truly great" while ignoring others, and prefer they just work on what "they like"... but I'm sure there are games out there that have a singular focus.  For me, it's almost like my birthday each time a new patch is out, as nearly every feature is expanded upon in some way.  Even small things like new features for housing and apartments and hosts of new furniture and the like.

What they really need to do is update the 1-50 base game, as well as the patched content for it.  They mentioned wanting to axe much of the patched content of the original, but it's up in the air if that alone will really improve the new player experience to the point where they'll be hooked so early in the game.  The voice acting has improved a lot, and they should go back and represent such in the base game.  As well as improving the overall flow of quests.  Especially that first quest for the class specific questing.  It just sets a bad taste in the mouth.  Placing attack dummies in the guilds to learn how to attack would be more suiting than having people run around and get lost immediately.  Though the game's story gets mildly okay at level 35ish, then plummets at 45-50 (being non-existant is more like it), followed by a horrible patch 2.1-2.3.5 experience of having too many quests without major story elements.  But picks up to being "great" after a plot twist, then "good" with Heavensward, followed by "great" again with the start of Stormblood.

It is especially good for Role Play, though... with them constantly added new features for it with each patch (player requested features), along with things that naturally fulfill that need.  The only problem being housing and the RP servers being closed due to always being full and having queues to get in.
    -Diadem is a massive failure
    -Eureka is the same
    -WT is just more dailies running the same type of content.  There's nothing new there, you're just rewarded more for doing the same shit, same goes for treasure hunts (which nobody does unless they are desperate for gear currency).

None of these things add anything to the game, they just reward you more for doing the same thing you've been doing since day 1.

- The only GOOD new content type they've added is palace of the dead, and THAT I will give them credit for.
  • zanfirezanfire Member UncommonPosts: 969

Diadem was a failure however Eureka has been out for a while and just like Palace of the dead stays full and busy so have to disagree. To tell the truth I don't think it's that great personaly.

Its too bad most of those thinks were always intended to be side events or give mid way gear that gets made useless by even most token gear which is easy enough to get. Aside from Palace being a solid leveling tool (and a watered down FFXI event)
    Kajidourden
  • LucixLucix Member UncommonPosts: 79
    Imo, they should also reinvent the character creation or make more customisation possible. It's been a poor point since launch.