Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Seven hundred and twenty bucks for the A2? Go **** yourself, Chris.

12345679»

Comments

• EldurianEldurian Member EpicPosts: 2,736
    Erillion said:
    No game that i backed/crowdfunded so far was a bad one.

I just finished the Battletech campaign storyline. This crowdfunded game is a TRIUMPH. Great game, interesting story, very much captures the essence of the Battletech board game and BT universe.  It was clearly made by a very dedicated team of Battletech fans. Great replay value.

And i get the same kind of feeling from the Star Citizen team. And expect the same kind of TRIUMPH from that game.

Have fun
    I've backed 1 bad project. Pathfinder Online. Thankfully I was able to sell off my accounts and get out without taking a loss because I realized that before a lot of people in the community did.

The thing with Pathfinder Online is when I tested it in Alpha there was no evidence of quality. None of the systems were done well, nothing was fun, there wasn't any element of the game I could be like "well that's done well". 

As far back as the first time I played Arena Commander, I felt the dogfighting was poorly done (It's since improved and I like it a lot better now) but when I tried the racing I was like "That was intense. I could enjoyably play this game just as a racer."

Now there is evidence of quality in many of the systems. Star Citizen may fall short of what was promised but I have no doubts there will be a fun game to play. I'd be shocked if it took them more than 2-3 years to release given what they have made so far and how far it's come since the beginning. 
  • TalulaRoseTalulaRose Member RarePosts: 1,247
    edited May 2018
    Erillion said:
    No game that i backed/crowdfunded so far was a bad one.

I just finished the Battletech campaign storyline. This crowdfunded game is a TRIUMPH. Great game, interesting story, very much captures the essence of the Battletech board game and BT universe.  It was clearly made by a very dedicated team of Battletech fans. Great replay value.

And i get the same kind of feeling from the Star Citizen team. And expect the same kind of TRIUMPH from that game.

Have fun
    So Battletech had to redo the whole game how many times?
    Battletech was selling mechs for hundreds of dollars?
    Battletech gave people blue cake?

Stop trying to graft a game with a crap ton of issues to one that has successfully launched and as far as I can tell had nothing in the way of issues as SC has.

Are you tired of winning yet?
    Kefo said:
    DAS1337 said:
    Viper482 said:
    This game will be a never-ending cash grab. I regret backing it.
    Make sure you don't play it when it launches.  You knew full well what you were getting into when you did.  If you didn't, you have no one to blame but yourself.  It was clear to see from very early on that they were crowdfunding.  And knowing the definition of it, it was easy to see the direction they were heading with ship sales.  If you don't like their cost, then don't buy them.  You will have an opportunity to purchase them with in-game cash.
    If Viper backed the Kickstarter then no he really couldn’t see it coming and wouldn’t have known they would turn into a greedy, scope increasing, money wasting micromanaging shithole. Thankfully hey can still get a refund if they so wish regardless of what bull tried to feed people
    If Viper backed during the Kickstarter like I did then his ships are worth 4 times what he paid for them on the Grey Market. I like this game and what they have accomplished so far and I sold most my original kickstarter stuff because things that were worth 25$ to me weren't worth 100$ to me and the 1000$ ship that was worth splitting with another backer wasn't worth 3800$ to us.

Anyone who backed during the original kickstarter has it damn well whether they have any confidence in this game or not.
  • TalulaRoseTalulaRose Member RarePosts: 1,247
    Eldurian said:
    Kefo said:
    DAS1337 said:
    Viper482 said:
    Make sure you don't play it when it launches.  You knew full well what you were getting into when you did.  If you didn't, you have no one to blame but yourself.  It was clear to see from very early on that they were crowdfunding.  And knowing the definition of it, it was easy to see the direction they were heading with ship sales.  If you don't like their cost, then don't buy them.  You will have an opportunity to purchase them with in-game cash.
    If Viper backed the Kickstarter then no he really couldn’t see it coming and wouldn’t have known they would turn into a greedy, scope increasing, money wasting micromanaging shithole. Thankfully hey can still get a refund if they so wish regardless of what bull tried to feed people
    If Viper backed during the Kickstarter like I did then his ships are worth 4 times what he paid for them on the Grey Market. I like this game and what they have accomplished so far and I sold most my original kickstarter stuff because things that were worth 25$ to me weren't worth 100$ to me and the 1000$ ship that was worth splitting with another backer wasn't worth 3800$ to us.

Anyone who backed during the original kickstarter has it damn well whether they have any confidence in this game or not.
    Isn't what you posted illegal?

edited May 2018
    It's called the Grey Market, not the Black Market. No it's perfectly legal. You can't do it openly on the SC forums but they are ok with you doing it and they don't ban accounts for Grey Market trades. 

If you sell the entire account then they are not chill with that. But if you gift someone a ship and they gift you a big chunk of money on PayPal then it's fine. 

I think the reason they relegated it to reddit is so they don't have to assume the risk if you go and get yourself scammed.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Erillion said:

Wow. This is the last thread where I expected to learn something new about what appears to be a great little turn-based strategy game. Haven't played it yet but I love everything I saw in a couple of hours of watching someone else play it.

You really should take a break from defending SC and talk more about other games you enjoy... I see a bright future for you in these forums if you do :)
    Orinori
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297

Are you tired of winning yet?

No ;-)  

Try playing against other players:
    http://twinfinite.net/2018/04/battletech-play-multiplayer-how/

You did not know that, right ? Thank me later.

Have fun

Iselin said:
    Erillion said:

Wow. This is the last thread where I expected to learn something new about what appears to be a great little turn-based strategy game. Haven't played it yet but I love everything I saw in a couple of hours of watching someone else play it.

You really should take a break from defending SC and talk more about other games you enjoy... I see a bright future for you in these forums if you do :)
    I DO talk about other games i enjoy.

Since 1982 when i got my first Commodore 64 and a phone modem.

I just use different forums and different avatars to do it. ;-)

Have fun
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Erillion said:
    Iselin said:
    Erillion said:

I DO talk about other games i enjoy.

Since 1982 when i got my first Commodore 64 and a phone modem.

I just use different forums and different avatars to do it. ;-)

Have fun
    Pfft. The C64 was my second computer. I had an Atari 400 before that. And yeah my first 300 baud modem was pricey as hell! :)
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    edited May 2018
    Kefo said:
    DAS1337 said:
    Viper482 said:

CiG doesn't refund people anymore apparently (apparently).  Everyone from January 2018 onwards who asked for a refund that wasn't within the 14 day grace period has gotten nothing but "please wait" e-mails as far as anyone can tell.

Perhaps that's illegal of them (hence why they keep on delaying the refunds instead of outright dismissing them) but whether it is illegal or not, in practice, people aren't getting refunds anymore.
  • HeraseHerase Member RarePosts: 993

Kefo said:
    DAS1337 said:
    Viper482 said:
    Apart from when they openly asked the community, should we expand the game or not and the overwhelming majority said yes and those who were not interested were offered refunds without questions for almost 4 - 5 years

Feel this subject has just gone full circle....again.
    BabuinixErillion
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    edited May 2018
    Herase said:
    Apart from when they openly asked the community, should we expand the game or not and the overwhelming majority said yes and those who were not interested were offered refunds without questions for almost 4 - 5 years

"It's the circle of haaaateee... 
    and it moves us alllll....
    Through despair and naysaying...
    Through faith and loooooove..."

Been years of this copy/paste circular llama-drama, kinda gets boring xD 
    BabuinixEldurian
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    I actually hope they release the game. But I do worry about the very long timeline. The very long timeline for development and pushing back dates smells of gross incompetence. How could you be so far off of your prediction? 

If the game releases, I will play it for sure, as I think the game will be amazing.

I don't back games or crowdfund games, not because I don't have the money, it's just because, by the time I back it and the time it releases, I may not even be wanting to play the game anymore. Plus, I never have enough time to play a game to be truly "Elite" so it doesn't even matter what head start I get. I'll be passed quickly by many others. 

Cryomatrix

Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Herase said:

Kefo said:
    DAS1337 said:
    Viper482 said:

Overwhelming majority? Can you show me the poll or the thread where that’s true or is this just trying to fluff up a poor argument?

and they were denying refunds for a while back then so please don’t paint CIG as the happy fluffy company that does everything perfectly 
    MaxBacon said:
    Herase said:

"It's the circle of haaaateee... 
    and it moves us alllll....
    Through despair and naysaying...
    Through faith and loooooove..."

Been years of this copy/paste circular llama-drama, kinda gets boring xD 
    And yet here you are feeding it some more along with all us haters.
    MaxBaconBabuinix
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    Durzax said:
    Every option in that poll means making additional content as they get more money. 

KefoBabuinix

Durzax said:
    21k votes when the supposed population at the time was over 250k doesn’t seem like an overwhelming majority to me but I suppose if you’re just comparing the actual people who voted then yes 88% would be a overwhelming majority. Still doesn’t change the original argument though since I doubt many thought they would have barely moved along after 4.5 years.

Also thank you for giving me my laugh of the day. CR talking about how they will complete those goals he listed in under a month for the first anniversary gave me some good belly laughs
    ScotchUp
  • ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,395
    Kefo said:
    Durzax said:
    21k votes when the supposed population at the time was over 250k doesn’t seem like an overwhelming majority to me but I suppose if you’re just comparing the actual people who voted then yes 88% would be a overwhelming majority. Still doesn’t change the original argument though since I doubt many thought they would have barely moved along after 4.5 years.

Also thank you for giving me my laugh of the day. CR talking about how they will complete those goals he listed in under a month for the first anniversary gave me some good belly laughs
    Again, that poll is like asking hungry dogs if they want steak.   The answer is not in question.  Bringing it up as a defense is just disingenuous.

The marketing of the game is stellar though.  I suspect the production of SC is still a Red Queen's Race, due to their inefficiency.   There will be books written about this game, one way or the other.

Babuinix

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

>>>  There will be books written about this game, one way or the other.>>>

In this we agree. 

Have fun
    Babuinix