Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The moment in Pantheon where you say "now that's the Old School experience I wanted?"

AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
For me it will be if I have to run to the local guards for protection while losing a fight to a bee.

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

ScotMikehaSovrathjimmywolfKyleranOctagon7711

Comments

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Playing bard or mesmer(? forgot the debuffer one's name) and having to monitor my buffs/debuffs while actually having to cc adds or we wipe while leveling.
  • aleosaleos Member UncommonPosts: 1,942
    When theres a treasure behind the god damn waterfall.

SovrathKyleranAnOldFartOctagon7711
  • dcutbi001dcutbi001 Member UncommonPosts: 49
    When I die somewhere stupid and I have to figure out how to get my shit back.
    AmatheOctagon7711
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,825
    I am not sure how much sarcasm we are dealing with from Amathe, but anyway:

When I realise I am not 'the hero' and that I am not any more playing a solo game with all the other heroes. :)
    AethaerynSinsai
  • AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    Staying in the starting zone and general area for more than 20 minutes?
    JustsomenoobSovrathChildoftheShadows[Deleted User]SinsaiOctagon7711

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Did they say if mobs will have a reset aggro range? God I hope they dont.
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    edited May 2018
    When i am Encumbered, Hungry , and Limping with a grievous Leg wound , trying to to get back  to  town and a lone Goblin , kills me an loots my corpse..
  • ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    When I loot a shield from a snake I just killed.
    ScorchienAmatheSovrathlaseritKyleranSinsaiDeathtognomesWaan
    Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • Hawkaya399Hawkaya399 Member RarePosts: 620
    Amathe said:
    For me it will be if I have to run to the local guards for protection while losing a fight to a bee.
    Just having to run from anything will be a good sign.
    SovrathOctagon7711
  • Hawkaya399Hawkaya399 Member RarePosts: 620
    edited May 2018
    Scorchien said:
    When i am Encumbered, Hungry , and Limping with a grievous Leg wound , trying to to get back  to  town and a lone Goblin , kills me an loots my corpse..
    Exactly. That was EQ. That's why we were drawn together. It wasn't just because we were social. We did it to survive more comfortably.

Related:
    https://www.gameskinny.com/9ltw7/mmos-are-not-games-where-mmo-s-go-wrong

The question is whether survival gameplay is needed to create interdependency. Many players will take issue with it because they think it's sadomasochist. Interdependency only requires that players are (mostly) relying on working together to complete the content. So while many of us will like EQ's survival aspects, many others won't, and it may not be the only way to create the interdependency.
    Post edited by Hawkaya399 on
  • TheHiveLeaderTheHiveLeader Video MaestroMember RarePosts: 234
    Albatroes said:
    They train to zone.
    dcutbi001Kyleran
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Albatroes said:
    They train to zone.
    Well, I guess the fact it will have zones makes it old school for me. 

Assuming there isn't a lot of instances of course.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Nightbringe1Nightbringe1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,335
    When I ding the same level 3 times in one afternoon.
    AmatheDullahan

Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.
    Benjamin Franklin

• Mylan12Mylan12 Member UncommonPosts: 288
    edited May 2018
    DMKano said:
    When another group comes and tries to take over my guilds camp, I train them til they leave and then a GM shows up to sort it all out.

Reminds me of one of my better trains. Your old guild (Bots) way back in early EQ were training groups in SolB using a monk. Some of the other groups had message me and I knew they were coming and that ours was the last group left. So when the monk showed up my group ran for the zone and I trained mobs all over the zone. When I finally got to the zone it was piled high with Bots bodies. After I zoned out a GM message me and congratulated me on a great train. 
    AOE fear was such fun in a bard although I don't expect bards to have that ability in this game.
  • DeathtognomesDeathtognomes Member UncommonPosts: 155
    Shaigh said:
    When I loot a shield from a snake I just killed.
    When I die from getting kicked by a snake.
  • MadCoderOneMadCoderOne Member UncommonPosts: 220
    edited May 2018
    when I'm in in a dungeon group and no one says "GO GO GO"
    Kyleran
  • DyanuDyanu Member CommonPosts: 9
    When I can yell in the zone, "Train to Zone! Women, Clerics and little people out first! I am all three so LOOK OUT!!!" LOL
    Just remember, No matter where you go...there you are!
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I don't want an old school game ,i want something BETTER ,MUCH better,however for sake of argument,new school is not a good starting point,old school is definitely the better starting point.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.