Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Missing Diablo II? The Curse of Tristram Starts Alpha Testing on May 11th - MMORPG.com News

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageMissing Diablo II? The Curse of Tristram Starts Alpha Testing on May 11th - MMORPG.com News

If you've been missing Diablo II, a game that many consider the best of the franchise, we have good news for you today: The reimagined version Diablo II called The Curse of Tristram will be entering its initial testing phase starting on May 11th. Diablo II has been remade using the Starcraft 2 engine and will be playable through the Starcraft 2 Arcade on European, North American and Asian servers starting that day.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

sumdumguy1

Comments

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Looks like I'll have to check it out. Didn't Blizzard announce that they are going to remaster D2 or something?
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768
    That's crazy they were able to do this, hopefully it turns out to be fun.
    sumdumguy1Octagon7711
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768
    Gorwe said:
    How is this legal? Don't get me wrong, it's awesome, but also...?
    Because it's built inside of the Starcraft 2 editor, and is being released on the Starcraft Arcade.

Blizzard usually doesn't have problems with their own editors being used for their properties. 
    GorweOzmodan
  • DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982
    All of the time this developer has put into this. I hope he gets rewarded somehow.
    sumdumguy1GorweUNH0LYEV1LMrMelGibson
  • rammur65rammur65 Member UncommonPosts: 107

Gorwe said:

How is this legal? Don't get me wrong, it's awesome, but also...?

because its created on a blizzard service which they seem to promote
  • IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
    Fucking title :)

At first I though is about Blizzard starting Alpha Testing on D2 !!

Anyway , the guy did an amazing job. Gj :)
    Xingbairongsumdumguy1NephethGorweOctagon7711

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• cmacqcmacq Member UncommonPosts: 331

Dauzqul said:

All of the time this developer has put into this. I hope he gets rewarded somehow.

A lot of us have supported him in his endeavor here. If some of you would like to do that you can find out how on his FB page.
    SBFord[Deleted User]MrMelGibson
  • DiscipledOneDiscipledOne Member UncommonPosts: 103
    Well this is awesome.
  • MidPrincessMidPrincess Member UncommonPosts: 89
    Praise baby Jesus! Now perhaps D3 can finally just die away, it's been trying to for some time now lmao
    Silvantor
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Gorwe said:
    Praise baby Jesus! Now perhaps D3 can finally just die away, it's been trying to for some time now lmao
    D3 is kinda fun, but completely meaningless both from story and game design aspects. Can't wait to see this modernized D2.
    I found it entertaining but forgettable.
    [Deleted User]Octagon7711

DMKano said:
    I wish Blizzard would do a proper D2 remaster - but there is no money in that so... not gonna happen
    Well , it will happen, as they did said ( in a form or another ) that they will remaster the older games : Diablo , Starcraft, Warcraft. We have one. Two more to go.

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?

IceAge said:
    DMKano said:
    I wish Blizzard would do a proper D2 remaster - but there is no money in that so... not gonna happen
    Well , it will happen, as they did said ( in a form or another ) that they will remaster the older games : Diablo , Starcraft, Warcraft. We have one. Two more to go.
    They said they would make the old games work on newer systems.....I think that's quite a ways from remaster
  • Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    D2 did two things better than D3: Story, and the Druid. Other than that, D3 is superior in almost every way. Better game play, better skill system, better endgame progression (though I kinda miss runewords). Only reason I stopped playing is due to burn out after a couple thousand hours between the PC and console versions, and other games beckoned. 

Of course, Grim Dawn beats both of them rather handily. I just wish they'd port it to PS4. Hopefully Sony comes around on it. 

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• DiscipledOneDiscipledOne Member UncommonPosts: 103

D2 did two things better than D3: Story, and the Druid. Other than that, D3 is superior in almost every way. Better game play, better skill system, better endgame progression (though I kinda miss runewords). Only reason I stopped playing is due to burn out after a couple thousand hours between the PC and console versions, and other games beckoned. 

Of course, Grim Dawn beats both of them rather handily. I just wish they'd port it to PS4. Hopefully Sony comes around on it. 

I own Grim Dawn and it never really felt that good to me...
    I don't agree that D3 had a better skill system, or better endgame progression.
    I have a lot of hours in d3, but D2 was a better game overall to me. The only thing D3 did right in my opinion is it's combat still feels so much better than just about every arpg out there.
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,407
    SBFordkjempff

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• squlltaxsqulltax Member UncommonPosts: 22
    edited May 2018
    IF you like Diablo2-like feeling try PoE.(path of exlie)
    It's a blast! :)
  • itsoveritsover Member UncommonPosts: 353

squlltax said:

Poe boring
    jarsku85[Deleted User]

DMKano said:
    IceAge said:
    DMKano said:

That's not a remaster though.

Last time I check, StarCraft was/is branded as Remastered. So I don't know what are you talking about.

kairel182 said:
    itsover said:

squlltax said:

Poe boring
    The only people that say this never got past level 5 and forget that D2 was insanely slow to start.  I loved D2, and any true fans of it will absolutely fall in love with PoE too.  The ONLY downside to PoE is that it's got a much higher point of entry to learn the game than D2 by miles.  It's a much more complex game and just looking at the skill tree will showcase that, but the depth it allows is unparalleled.
    Lots of us got past level 5 and still don't like POE. There are a lot of downsides imo starting with the ugly combat. You are ofc entitled to your opinion but so are the rest of us.
    [Deleted User]TheScavenger
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,915
    This is hard work done for love .

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    Speaking of which, several years late (and avoiding all the early issues) I just started D3. It's been incredibly fun and addicting solo. 

If a company could offer this type of combat, skill tree (more would be great) AND offer the non-combat activities of something like ArcheAge has and be open world + MMO, I'd be able to go full Lawnmower man and cut myself off from society.  :D

#noderail #asyouwere
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,915
    kairel182 said:
    itsover said:

squlltax said:

Poe boring
    The only people that say this never got past level 5 and forget that D2 was insanely slow to start.  I loved D2, and any true fans of it will absolutely fall in love with PoE too.  The ONLY downside to PoE is that it's got a much higher point of entry to learn the game than D2 by miles.  It's a much more complex game and just looking at the skill tree will showcase that, but the depth it allows is unparalleled.
    I think it is great that people can enjoy different ARPGs. I bought Diablo 3 the Necromancer pack and then decided to try Path of Exile again and then I regretted the purchase of D3  necromancer pack because I enjoyed POE far more. However we all have different tastes and that is why we have so many games and the ability to choose what game we like to spend our time playing. Embrace the differences because these differences  give us far more choices going forward.

• kjempffkjempff Member RarePosts: 1,759
    Wonder to what degree the sc2 engine can support the fast response feedback that is needed to be a decent emulated arpg experience. Not buying sc2 just to find out, but would still be interesting to know :)
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    I am completely unfamiliar with SC2 Arcade.
    I installed the game and found some custom maps.

Could someone tell me what I need to to do access this Diablo 2 test?
    Ozmodan
    Harbinger of Fools