Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Seven hundred and twenty bucks for the A2? Go **** yourself, Chris.

Comments

• sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    They've had seven years to make a good/engaging flight model for the best damn space sim game ever... they still haven't.
    Star Marine was released when?... end of 2016? It still doesn't even qualify as a good generic shooter... it's bland and crap.

Of course it's my opinion.. what else would it be?

I'm still following the development because I enjoy the friction of opinions a controversial company like CIG create. I also have a pledge which I haven't refunded yet and I still hope I'll be able to use my account to play a game I might enjoy in the future.

noncley

..Cake..

• BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,259
    They can take whatever time they like and make the features they feel they need and no e-bitching will change any of that but thanks for pledging anyway, I guess. :D
    noncleyKyleranFlyByKnight
  • sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    edited May 2018
    I'm not arrogant enough to think that my posting can change CIG's development course.. just like I'm not arrogant enough to think that by calling people I disagree with "bitches"  makes SC a good game.

StjerneoddnoncleyKyleranLinif

..Cake..

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,818
    I am looking forward to the tenth anniversary of starting development, what will they be selling then? :)
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,295
    Scot said:
    I am looking forward to the tenth anniversary of starting development, what will they be selling then? :)
    Mission packs - DLCs

Have fun
    PhryLinif
    edited May 2018
    Erillion said:
    Scot said:
    Mission packs - DLCs

Have fun
    Believe or not even those who come on rarely to SC threads to tease the fans hope that's the case.

Time for a serious question, has Elite Dangerous not knocked the wind out of SC sails? I have ED, not played it yet but is it not the same sort of game?
    Babuinix
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,765
    edited May 2018
    Scot said:
    Time for a serious question, has Elite Dangerous not knocked the wind out of SC sails? I have ED, not played it yet but is it not the same sort of game?
    It's often put as some "SC replacement", but it's not, Elite Dangerous is the truck simulator of space sims, SC pushed way beyond that line.

From its wider focus on its MMO/MP aspect (aside of the obvious, the SP Campaign SQ42), to PvP, the FPS play made one core element, to the type of focus and gameplay it offers, SC and ED are really different games.

When you see it as SC being more related to the appeal of games like Freelancer and SWG, then you kinda understand why ED doesn't has that impact on SC.
    FrodoFragins
  • TalulaRoseTalulaRose Member RarePosts: 1,247
    ED was launched, its actually a game.

SC...........still an idea. Why take it any further when you can get $160 mil out of people and deliver nothing.
    alkarionlogMaxBaconBabuinixFrodoFragins
    Scot said:
    Erillion said:
    Scot said:
    Mission packs - DLCs

Have fun
    Believe or not even those who come on rarely to SC threads to tease the fans hope that's the case.

ED is an excellent game with a limited focus. Strongly focusses on ships (a bit like EVE). If you have the Horizon expansion that adds an exploration ATV. But you have no avatar to walk around with, nothing beyond a mannequin permanently glue to its pilot seat. ED is great in exploration and storylines- but you REALLY have to work for the story. It's not spoon fed like in WoW. Which means that 80 % of ED's players miss the storyline plots. 

And maybe 2 % of the ED players - the tech savvy ones that can crack an encryption in real life - have an influence on the story. 

ED shines if you use VR helmets! 

So ... ED ... good ... but approx. 1/3 of what SC is and 1/5 of what SC will be. 

Have fun
    rpmcmurphyalkarionlogBabuinixKyleran
    ED was launched, its actually a game.

SC...........still an idea. Why take it any further when you can get $160 mil out of people and deliver nothing.
    You have a strange definition of "nothing". There seem to be many tenthousand fan-made videos of SC "nothing" on YouTube :-D 

We have whole threads full of "nothing" pictures and videos here in this mmorpg subforum.

Have fun
  • TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685
    Eldurian said:

The fact anyone with SC can go right now, hop in a ship, fight NPCs and players in space, land it on a planet with no loading screen, and then run around that planet on foot or in a planetary vehicle engaging in FPS combat with other infantry vehicles or even ships in the air counts for nothing?
    Are there fightable NPCs in the game?  I thought that wasn't in yet.
    Babuinix
  • exile01exile01 Member RarePosts: 1,089
    braindead humans gona buy braindead things.
    PhaserlightBabuinixScotchUpFrodoFragins
  • TEKK3NTEKK3N Member RarePosts: 1,115
    Scot said:
    Erillion said:
    Scot said:
    Mission packs - DLCs

Have fun

I don't think that's the same thing.
    SC is much more ambitious.

The way I understand it, it's that SC is a mix of EVE (Economy), Elite and Dangerous (Space Battle) and SWG (Planet Colonization and crafting), 3 games in one.
    In the mix there is also a Stand Alone single player game.
    All of that with the Graphics of Crysis.
    This is a monumental project, which could very well fail. I hope it doesn't because it would be a MMO I could play forever.

My main problem with Chris Roberts is the fact that maybe he bit more than he could chew.
    In my opinion he should pause either the MMO or the Single Player game and focus on one.
    ScotBabuinix
    TEKK3N said:
    Scot said:
    Erillion said:
    Scot said:
    Mission packs - DLCs

Have fun

I don't think that's the same thing.
    SC is much more ambitious.

The way I understand it, it's that SC is a mix of EVE (Economy), Elite and Dangerous (Space Battle) and SWG (Planet Colonization and crafting), 3 games in one.
    In the mix there is also a Stand Alone single player game.
    All of that with the Graphics of Crysis.
    This is a monumental project, which could very well fail. I hope it doesn't because it would be a MMO I could play forever.

My main problem with Chris Roberts is the fact that maybe he bit more than he could chew.
    In my opinion he should pause either the MMO or the Single Player game and focus on one.

This is what I am hoping for too, as I don't follow what's happens in games much to minimise "spoilers" and just keep them fresh its good to hear that's what they are still trying for. For now once I get round to starting it ED will fill the gap.
    Linif
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Babuinix said:
    sgel said:
    You had doubts 500 devs and 180mil could get an FPS engine do FPS combat?

anyway..

The no loading screens is great so are the graphics... but that's about it.

The problem is that the actual gameplay is bad.
    The FPS in space feels crap compared to a game that does it well.. like ED.
    The FPS on foot is also crap compared to a game that does it well.. like R6:Siege.
    The world is uninspiring and cringey as hell.
    The Pay To Win is unlike any other game.
    The gameplay mechanics like quests and reasons for doing things are generic and boring.
    CIG has proven they can make a pretty game but they've still to prove they can actually create good gameplay.

I expect some of the above to be corrected by the time this game releases in 3-4 years time (hopefully).
    The fact that you are being ignorant enough to compare finished products with work in development says a lot. I'm talking about game systems, like the Flying, FPS feel etc, not content btw.

Saying that the "world is unispiring and cringey as hell" and "P2W unlike any other" is your personal opinion and maybe that should give you a strong hint that this game is not for your and never will be... 

Not all games are for everyone, and that's Ok because games that are made to cater everybody usually suck ;)
    Make you a deal. We will stop comparing SC to finished products when the white knights stop as well
    ScotchUpBabuinixFrodoFraginsLinifPhaserlight
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    Erillion said:

So ... ED ... good ... but approx. 1/3 of what SC is...

Oh man, this is just so much crap.

Having a character that you can walk about does not make up for everything else that SC is lacking in comparison to Elite, absolutely no way.

BabuinixFrodoFragins
    Erillion said:

So ... ED ... good ... but approx. 1/3 of what SC is...

Oh man, this is just so much crap.

Having a character that you can walk about does not make up for everything else that SC is lacking in comparison to Elite, absolutely no way.

You keep forgetting that i have backed ED since the start and am playing it to this day.

You see my posts in the ED part of this forum. With special empathis on the Thargoid plotline.

I am quite well aware of the strengths and weaknesses of ED. And how they compare to SC.

Have fun
    OrinoriBabuinix
  • EldurianEldurian Member EpicPosts: 2,736
    Eldurian said:

The fact anyone with SC can go right now, hop in a ship, fight NPCs and players in space, land it on a planet with no loading screen, and then run around that planet on foot or in a planetary vehicle engaging in FPS combat with other infantry vehicles or even ships in the air counts for nothing?
    Are there fightable NPCs in the game?  I thought that wasn't in yet.
    They're in. They've had dogfighting against NPCs in Arena Commander for years now. That's been expanded into actual combat missions in space as of the last time I heard.

I haven't played since 3.0 so I'm not sure if they have AI ground forces yet, but if they aren't in yet I think they will be by the end of the year.
  • EldurianEldurian Member EpicPosts: 2,736
    sgel said:

Fully integrating an Open World space fighter sim with and FPS system that allows to you to fight onboard ships as those ships are also fighting in space or get out and walk around planets is something I've seen talked about since my Freelancer days. It's not something I've ever seen done before.

Especially with the ship interiors, planets, and stations not being separate instances that require no loading screens between the interior and exterior of ships and stations or space and the atmosphere of a planet.
    Babuinix
  • ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,381
    Eldurian said:
    sgel said:

Fully integrating an Open World space fighter sim with and FPS system that allows to you to fight onboard ships as those ships are also fighting in space or get out and walk around planets is something I've seen talked about since my Freelancer days. It's not something I've ever seen done before.

Especially with the ship interiors, planets, and stations not being separate instances that require no loading screens between the interior and exterior of ships and stations or space and the atmosphere of a planet.
    Yeah, maybe trying to make an open world space fighter sim with an FPS engine wasn't the sharpest decision.  But it made good demos!  Cinematics #1!  Still it should make deploying the FPS part a bit easier.  Even though it didn't.   CIG was certainly in a good position to snap up Cryengine developers when Crytek imploded, but that may have just been luck of the draw.

Getting all that stuff to work reliably in real world gaming conditions will be the true test.  Til then, hope you all have comfy chairs.....

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,056
    This game will be a never-ending cash grab. I regret backing it.
    BabuinixErillion
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Scot said:
    Erillion said:
    Scot said:
    Mission packs - DLCs

Have fun

I'm actually in this camp as well, I want to see this game succeed, just would like to see it "launch" before I get too old to play it.

;)
    Scot

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610
    Viper482 said:
    Make sure you don't play it when it launches.  You knew full well what you were getting into when you did.  If you didn't, you have no one to blame but yourself.  It was clear to see from very early on that they were crowdfunding.  And knowing the definition of it, it was easy to see the direction they were heading with ship sales.  If you don't like their cost, then don't buy them.  You will have an opportunity to purchase them with in-game cash.
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    DAS1337 said:
    Viper482 said:
    Make sure you don't play it when it launches.  You knew full well what you were getting into when you did.  If you didn't, you have no one to blame but yourself.  It was clear to see from very early on that they were crowdfunding.  And knowing the definition of it, it was easy to see the direction they were heading with ship sales.  If you don't like their cost, then don't buy them.  You will have an opportunity to purchase them with in-game cash.
    If Viper backed the Kickstarter then no he really couldn’t see it coming and wouldn’t have known they would turn into a greedy, scope increasing, money wasting micromanaging shithole. Thankfully hey can still get a refund if they so wish regardless of what bull tried to feed people
    No game that i backed/crowdfunded so far was a bad one.

I just finished the Battletech campaign storyline. This crowdfunded game is a TRIUMPH. Great game, interesting story, very much captures the essence of the Battletech board game and BT universe.  It was clearly made by a very dedicated team of Battletech fans. Great replay value.

And i get the same kind of feeling from the Star Citizen team. And expect the same kind of TRIUMPH from that game.

Have fun