Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The death of Archeage

2»

Comments

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    "Rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated"
  • iixviiiixiixviiiix Member RarePosts: 2,256
    4.5 hit a nail for me , they keep change the heck out of the game it make long term plan being impossible . Basically i don't want to play this mess anymore .
    I want something stability , not the mess that keep changing . I don't have time and money to keep up with they ****ing change .
    Good luck for the one who keep playing .

Phry
  • NevereverlandNevereverland Member UncommonPosts: 161
    There still are some ppl that just waits for new servers opening today dunno about death but i guess they can still milk this franchise.
  • radu0423radu0423 Member UncommonPosts: 3
    People that played AA in the first 8-12 months know that it had the potential of a "WoW killer", that potential was killed with the massive amount of fk ups by both XL and Trion.

About some ppl saying the game isnt dead... you should have seen how it was when Auroria launched (+1000 ppl pvp for castles), people everywhere, no lands to build, guilds doing trade runs with +150-200 ppl together etc and compared it with servers 4-5 months after when there was land free everywhere, almost no competition for bosses, guilds could barely get 25-40 ppl to go for pvp or kill Kraken
    alkarionlog
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Ungood said:
    Wasn’t TRION loved w/ the initial release of Rift? What happened? Lol. Whales sunk another ship I guess. 
    Only way a whale can sink a ship is by jumping it.
    That kinda depends on the ship  but it have to be a rather sad one to get sunk by a whale. Now, a Megalodon would be another matter but they have been extinct the last 3 million years (unless you believe "history channel" but those guys also think Erich Von Däniken is a scientist). ;)

In any case, it was hardly the whales fault, those people just can't help themselves. It is the devs fault for selling out for short term profits, nothing else.

Pay2win games earns money fast but they also tend to be forgotten soon.
    BorlucOctagon7711
  • Myri316Myri316 Member UncommonPosts: 8
    The game is not dead, the dam Fresh Server is Full they have to do Maint daily of the quantity of players playing in it. The issue is gear disparity and the bad security they have to stop hackers. But compared to games like PWI its a fun game, yesterday I downloaded PWI and couldnt pass from Tutorial of how bored and tired I felt about it, but Archeage feels fun, they just need to stop the fresh servers its the 3rd or 4th time theyve done it, isntead start fixing the real issues and stop banning players that tell them those issues to their face.
  • Myri316Myri316 Member UncommonPosts: 8
    goboygo said:
    This game offered nothing original NOTHING.  Is anyone surprised it just slowly died.
    Its alive but its no FFXIV, but its more alive than Revelations Online and WildStar. I aint supporting it since it has issues im only playing it until I get my Pre Alpha access for Pantheon but the game is fun to play but it messed up in stuff the video said but also in CS items like their Packs, for example every of my Alts gets Founders Packs by mail but the recent $150 Packs its just to one character and its untradeble even between Alts. Thats an issue.
  • ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,594
    Archeage hating is peanut butter and jelly in these forums....

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    ra93l said:
    Servers are full. I agree with you but there are players or bots?
    They are players. The game has retained it's niche population over time, and the fresh start servers tend to bring back players who quit and those servers get full. 

That doesn't mean it isn't pay to win or any of that, it just means it's got a decent population still. 
  • XatshXatsh Member RarePosts: 451
    Population is not that good in archeage atm to be honest. Yes freshstart is crowded but look at the other servers... also do not count labor alt accounts into active player population.

With trion supporting alt accounts and with the labor restriction nearly 2/3rds of the accounts on a server are alt accounts that are used as additional labor pools/land owners. At least it was last time I was playing on trions servers, most people who were serious had 2 to 10 alt accounts they were playing. I assume it is still the same.

The biggest issue is the lack of IN GAME ways to catch up to ppl. The stronger you get in Archeage the more money you can make, and at high levels that comes in the form of PvP contested content. And well you cannot beat the mega guilds until you catch up their gear score.

So how do you catch up to a guild of 9k+ gs ppl without paying RL money when you are in a new guild if they control all world bosses, abyssal, castles, ect? The answer is you can't and the only way to bridge the gap is getting a new credit card with a 10k limit or a 2nd job.

This is the failure of Archeage. Once a guild or group of guilds literally control everything the server collapses. PvP stops and everything becomes a free farm for the top guild.

With that said it is why fresh starts are popular. Before that imbalance takes place Archeage is one of the most fun games to play out there to be honest. There is more to do in archeage then most games in the market and is one of the only games where guild building and working together with your guild actually gives real benefits not just pointless buff and vanity housing.
    Octagon7711ultimateduck
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,056
    This game died for me a few months after release.

And let's be intellectually honest here people.....dead in the MMO world does not mean offline. 
    alkarionlog
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,056
    goboygo said:
    This game offered nothing original NOTHING.  Is anyone surprised it just slowly died.

This game was very different than any other MMO. It was also a huge success until they screwed the pooch with p2w at release. Alpha was amazing.
    alkarionlog
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739
    Forcing PVP on players at level 35 ruined the game for me...I wasnt even aware of it until I hit 30 and that took all the wind out of my AA sails.
    Octagon7711Hariken
  • lucyluffy101lucyluffy101 Member UncommonPosts: 152
    Archeage is going to be similar to BDO gearing with failstack, no Grind no win on next update, maybe this month May 16, It still p2w I guess but very very less p2w compare before because this new gearing system don't need labor, it is for f2p  player. People just don't understand, I just follow the Blue salt quest and this material I get it is use to make farm wagon, car and speedboat. I don't know why people still complaining? Know they going to give you a free gear it is need your time to play. You can still p2w for crafted gear but it is going to failure and it become more failstack like BDO, compare to new gearing system it don't need labor and less RNG. 
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Archeage is going to be similar to BDO gearing with failstack, no Grind no win on next update, maybe this month May 16, It still p2w I guess but very very less p2w compare before because this new gearing system don't need labor, it is for f2p  player. People just don't understand, I just follow the Blue salt quest and this material I get it is use to make farm wagon, car and speedboat. I don't know why people still complaining? Know they going to give you a free gear it is need your time to play. You can still p2w for crafted gear but it is going to failure and it become more failstack like BDO, compare to new gearing system it don't need labor and less RNG. 
    The system might be better for F2P players, but the one system in BDO that is absolutely garbage is the failstack system. I shouldn't have to go enchant crap gear to get a fail stack up to enchant my main gear and basically having to stack up failures to hope that a main enchant passes is really lame. It's a money sink and boring. 
    Viper482
  • WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464
    ArcheAge has been dead to me since Nov. 2014.
    --------------------------------------------
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited May 2018
    So a 5 post count comes and tries to revise this thread with a join date of the end of march, classic Trion. 1) there hasn't been a queue for FS since the beginning week of FS. 2) Those are characters, not exactly players, hell the queue was packed with bots thanks to trion dropping the ball on family fishing. Mysteriously the queues dropped too once family fishing was done. Trying to say that a server's pop is "high" etc in AA doesn't mean much given that the average player who remains is running 3+ toons. The population just shifts around when FS hits because its easy money for veterans of this game. I hate to cap this but -- FRESH START IS NOT MEANT FOR NEW PLAYERS. I dont know where people get this concept that fresh start is going to revitalize the game and make it "fair" cause that's not the point of it. This is a time based (and real life money based) game, which means FS is an investment for those that are serious about the game. Its perfectly fine to play the game however like, heck I convinced myself to just play in down time because at its core, the game has a lot to over. But the overall reality of the game has never changed and never will change.
    alkarionlog
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    Forcing PVP on players at level 35 ruined the game for me...I wasnt even aware of it until I hit 30 and that took all the wind out of my AA sails.
    Yeah this killed it for me as well. I just don't get why these game devs always think this is a great idea. Its the fastest way to kill your mmo.
    alkarionlogMikeha
  • iixviiiixiixviiiix Member RarePosts: 2,256
    edited May 2018
    ra93l said:
    Servers are full. I agree with you but there are players or bots?
    They are players. The game has retained it's niche population over time, and the fresh start servers tend to bring back players who quit and those servers get full. 

That doesn't mean it isn't pay to win or any of that, it just means it's got a decent population still. 
    1 player with his 9 alts .
    When log in you see lots of player afk at port > alts free cameras
    When you moving around you see train of haulers follow each other > alts trains .
    When use safe ship you see lots player afk take away the seat > dirty pirate alts
    Basically the sever get "high" because it take in too much weed (alts) at same time lOl .
    Some even let the free alts online so they can get free labor . So sever always get high .

• lucyluffy101lucyluffy101 Member UncommonPosts: 152
    Any MMO I play I multibox just to try to win the game.  If AA have auto mining, auto grind mobs, pet auto loot like in other MMO, I'm more happy like in BDO too  I afk all day. I'm sad the nerf auto follow train hauler. Now my 5 hauler is useless. Any people have different opinion in any MMO I play. Someone like to stay afk fishing, farmville all day, some don't like to pvp, some don't like the game that have more skills and class. For me just pick up your MMO you want to play. I like the gearing system of AA because you can transmute the gear anytime you want and the skills, you need only 1 set of gear for all classes. I don't care if MMO I play is p2w if they going to let me multibox because I can win without spending real money. It is hard too if they going to remove alts because it is f2p and most asian country have a lot of pc cafe. American opinion like subs MMO for Asian people like f2p games because most of them can't afford 15 dollars a month. Most Asian people hit subs MMO. Now XLgame is making the new gearing system, similar to BDO failstacking. This is  for f2p player  in AA without cost of labor. All they can do is to grind mobs and questing all day and win the game without spending real money, it is coming this month. failstack called in BDO and for AA called crystallize.
  • yucklawyersyucklawyers Member UncommonPosts: 240
    I remember the queues when it first opened, and that 'trojan' program that was supposed to protect the game, but was seriously bugged and caused lots to disconnect for no reason.

I remember being there with my game console open, but perusing founder packs (or similar) in my browser and for the tenth time that day, the watchdog program bugged out.

Closed it all down and gave up. Meh graphics, forced PVP, P2W, Trion scams. Was always a below the curve game for me, so never bothered to look again.