Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

God of war ps4

rush1984rush1984 Member UncommonPosts: 371
Omg this game is amazing ! So unexpected. 
It's a shame it's ps4 only and not on pc because every gamer should get to enjoy this masterpiece! 

Anyway just felt like sharing , rpg fans need to know how good this game is
YashaXAsm0deusSovrath

Comments

• Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    Hate it so far. Not my type of game at all. I liked the last one better.
  • bonzoso21bonzoso21 Member UncommonPosts: 380
    Been playing quite a bit every weekend since its release. It's so different from its predecessors that it was really jarring and had a hell of a learning curve at the beginning, but putting Kratos in the middle of the Norse pantheon is pretty awesome, the dialogue is mostly well written and acted (and masterfully executed from a development standpoint), and once you get some upgrades and a little more experience with the tactical combat variety, you really do start to kick some ass. 

Puzzle-solving has definitely been put on the back burner, which sucks, but I loved the God of War trilogy and The Last of Us, and this one works pretty damn well as a mixture of the two. I'm sure some folks are tired of the "gritty/edgy" tone most AAA single-player games have had since TLOU, but not me, and GoW at least introduces some humor in its dialogue once you meet some of the colorful supporting cast. I'm really looking forward to Red Dead 2, but this is my current GOTY contender. 
  • rush1984rush1984 Member UncommonPosts: 371
    Brok and sindri crack me up , artreus asks brok once what you doing brok? And he says "nunja" artreus says nunja? Brok: "none of ya fucking buisness"he cracks me up lol the shit he comes out with hillarious lol
    Puzzle solving on back burner ? Because its about 50% puzzles lol reminds me of final fantasy games 
    YashaX
  • bonzoso21bonzoso21 Member UncommonPosts: 380
    rush1984 said:
    Puzzle solving on back burner ? Because its about 50% puzzles lol reminds me of final fantasy games 

For some reason I remember the older GoW games being much heavier on the puzzle solving, almost taking a page out of Legend of Zelda's book. Maybe I'm wrong. As for this one, there are a lot of "pseudo-puzzles" but none of them require you to actually stop and think for a minute in order to solve them. 

Anyway, if you like this kind of action-adventure game with puzzle solving and supernatural mythology, check out the Darksiders games sometime. 
    rush1984
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    I had pre-ordered it but sadly didn't have time to check it out yet. Today is the day. ^^
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
    I had pre-ordered it but sadly didn't have time to check it out yet. Today is the day. ^^
    your in for a treat mate, ive almost 100% it just need kill a couple more Valkyries ( they are damn hard) and find the rest of the eyes of odin, ive never ever bothered to 100% a game before , this game is massive!! i just wish they were thinking of adding dlc/expansion in the future  but as the game creators said, they like to include all their content from the get go. Looking forward to the next installment im sure with all the great ratings and the massive amounts of money they have made the sequel is going to be something amazing.:D
  • DuckDuckBoomBoomDuckDuckBoomBoom Member CommonPosts: 8
    this game is gold for the bad dad telling of parables in the boat rides alone. 
  • yestyyesty Member UncommonPosts: 11
    this game is gold for the bad dad telling of parables in the boat rides alone. 
    Well said like calling his son as a BOY
  • End DreamEnd Dream Member CommonPosts: 7
    One of the best games I've played in many years. Seriously, I'm so sad I just beat it yesterday on hard, might have to go to the super hard mode and play again.
    YashaX
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    End Dream said:
    One of the best games I've played in many years. Seriously, I'm so sad I just beat it yesterday on hard, might have to go to the super hard mode and play again.
    Yeah this was probably the best game I've played since Witcher 3.
  • CounterStrikeFan1CounterStrikeFan1 Member CommonPosts: 6
    It's probably not my type of game, but I enjoyed it. I've exactly PS4 (it's only on PS4 Platform) and I think it was worth time I've invested in playing this. I agree with the opinion that lots of people should play it, and that's why it needs PC version.