Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Building new comp. Need advice pls.

B14cKs0LB14cKs0L Member UncommonPosts: 152
So I'm out of the loop. Last pc was built over 2 years ago. Looking for advice for best bang for the buck.

Only playing 1080p so 1060 3g?

16gig ram? suggestions?

What's best bang for buck cpu/mb?

Parts I'm buying.
Cpu
Mb
Gpu
Ram
Case

Have 1k CAD to spend on these parts.

Thanks all!

Comments

• RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383
    If your PC is only 2 years old odds are it isn’t far off from what you could build for 1K CAD today, and that money may go better towards an upgrade.

RAM + GPU alone is half your budget right now with today’s crazy prices
    Asm0deus
  • B14cKs0LB14cKs0L Member UncommonPosts: 152
    Ridelynn said:
    If your PC is only 2 years old odds are it isn’t far off from what you could build for 1K CAD today, and that money may go better towards an upgrade.

RAM + GPU alone is half your budget right now with today’s crazy prices

Build is for my brother.
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    edited May 2018
    I'd suggest something like this:
      https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/M2Bmr6

I included OS + hard disk + PSU to the build for the sake of making a complete build. If you don't have to buy these parts it should cost a bit under 1 000 CAD.

• 13lake13lake Member UncommonPosts: 719
    edited May 2018
    Just adding up on Vrika's suggestion,  go with Deepcool Gammaxx 300/R instead. R is with LED fan without R is with blue non-LED fan. It's more than good enough for 8400, while being more quiet and cheaper.

And go for Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 3, it's way better, comes with 2 decent pre-installed fans, and is even a bit cheaper.

If u feel like you need more cooling, you can just add another similar 140mm fan to the front and you'd be set, don't bother placing any fans on top there's no need to. 
    Either 1 front,-1 rear, or 2 front-1 rear running at 800-1200RPM depending on your sensitivity to noise :)

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/6xzyKB

If you do go for it the best 2nd 140mm fan option is: 
    https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/DnL7YJ/phanteks-case-fan-phf140spbbk
    or one of the other white colored PHF140 variants that top out at 1200RPM and 82.1CFM.

Good secondary options in case there aren't any phanteks ones are Arctic F14 PWM PST CO or NZXT-RF-FN142-RB. But that specific phanteks series is better in every way compared to the other two so i'd definitely go for phanteks.

Other than this Vrika's suggestion is awesome :)
    Vrika
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    13lake said:
    Just adding up on Vrika's suggestion,  go with Deepcool Gammaxx 300/R instead. R is with LED fan without R is with blue non-LED fan. It's more than good enough for 8400, while being more quiet and cheaper.

And go for Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 3, it's way better, comes with 2 decent pre-installed fans, and is even a bit cheaper.

If u feel like you need more cooling, you can just add another similar 140mm fan to the front and you'd be set, don't bother placing any fans on top there's no need to. 
    Either 1 front,-1 rear, or 2 front-1 rear running at 800-1200RPM depending on your sensitivity to noise :)

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/6xzyKB
    I agree with those suggestions for CPU cooler + case. They're a bit better than my suggestions.

I don't think you'd need to add any extra fans to the case. Just use the ones it already comes with and you're good.

• 13lake13lake Member UncommonPosts: 719
    edited May 2018
    Vrika said:

I don't think you'd need to add any extra fans to the case. Just use the ones it already comes with and you're good.
    Yeah, you're probably right, with how good the airflow and the mesh design are for that case, + considering it's Canada :), heat is not gonna be an issue.