Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Seven hundred and twenty bucks for the A2? Go **** yourself, Chris.

Comments

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    edited May 2018
    Babuinix said:
    lol when he fail do deliver it will be a hell of a funny thing, wonder how the forums will go
    Even more funnier is seeing the constant wave of airborne ignorants who know nothing about the project and dismiss it because something they've read on a forum year after year lol

Thanks for the attention nonetheless!

know what is the funny part? if its fail it will be funny you defenders rage about it or just hide, if it don't well guess it will make you guys happy for it.

for me it would change nothing I just chime in to see what was the last info of this game and see how many years it will still take. that is the good thing about not having any invested time and money on something, you just watch it burn or not, but the results are always funny.

btw that is hardly info its a pic you take from they site, with means they will put what will make then look good, not criminal or fakes will put the truth up if that will make him look bad, you would need to link a 3rd party source, with would be know for being trusthworth, if not I can also link several things about criminals going to jail as being inocent and it was all a conspiracy to put him in jail, so if you want to very least make a point, try to do it in a way people can belive.
    Orinori
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Babuinix said:
    lol when he fail do deliver it will be a hell of a funny thing, wonder how the forums will go
    Even more funnier is seeing the constant wave of airborne ignorants who know nothing about the project and dismiss it because something they've read on a forum year after year lol

It's still insane the amount of time this project is taking to complete compared to how much it constantly makes. The pricing of ships is outrageous, plus it works. The people that are interested that I know in real life have spent at least 500$ each on the game, one of which has spent over 2k. It's insane. Obviously the marketing is working, I just don't understand why. I'm hoping this does eventually get released, and I'll give it a try at that point because I love the concept. I just can't imagine the final product being what they promise (at least in a solid working form). 
  • BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265
    edited May 2018
    Maybe it's more than just marketing  ;)

The fact that you "don't understand" is what makes you and anyone who "doesn't get it" uncomfortable.

Maybe if you put more effort into "understanding it" things would be easier to cope like for the rest of us who are happy to keep backing the game.

*Updated with new image for celebration purposes B)
    cmacqnoncley
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Babuinix said:

It's still insane the amount of time this project is taking to complete compared to how much it constantly makes. The pricing of ships is outrageous, plus it works. The people that are interested that I know in real life have spent at least 500$ each on the game, one of which has spent over 2k. It's insane. Obviously the marketing is working, I just don't understand why. I'm hoping this does eventually get released, and I'll give it a try at that point because I love the concept. I just can't imagine the final product being what they promise (at least in a solid working form). 
    Plus there are people who say they are collectors and have to have at least one of every kind of ship.  One guy says he's spent about 25K so far.
    Panther2103cmacq

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,395
    edited May 2018
    Babuinix said:

Chris Roberts is holding up the mirror of their heart's desires in front of a game-starved body of Space Action fans. Every one of them sees their own perfect game.  The closer it gets to completion, the less 'perfect' it will be for most of those fans.   But as a Hollywood style marketing campaign, it is stellar!

Star Citizen will end up being the most expensive game ever, mostly because Roberts is an inefficient, wasteful micro-manager with delusions of glory.   Now in Wing Commander 1, and Wing Commander 3+,  Roberts pushed the engine in 3D and Cinematics.  Even his biggest detractors talk about his cinematic vision.   Of course, with around 500 employees, CIG is going to get something done, even if it is hamstrung by the top management.   Of course, it won't be what they promised, as, at the time, Roberts had no clue how he was going to do a bunch of their stretch goals.   Delays and flawed implementation are watchwords through the years.   Hell, an appreciable percentage of folks here will be in retirement homes before Star Citizen delivers on their '100 systems at start' promise. 

Ooops, MVP and 100 systems once we can get around to it.  Par for the course.

There's a lot of sunken cost fallacy, and lifestyle branding going on in the fan base.   But really, if you're coming in new, don't spend more than you can afford to throw away.  Base cost will only set you back around $45, but don't expect a full featured game anytime soon.  It's not the Roberts' Way!

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

Just look around in the gaming scene and find a game with just half the scope and features of Star Citizen.

If it was easy it would have been done by now. ;)
    Orinori
  • PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072
    Babuinix said:
    Just look around in the gaming scene and find a game with just half the scope and features of Star Citizen.

I don't know... space blasters in a Newtonian environment as a MMORPG has been a thing for me since 2003, and that seems to be more than half Star Citizen's core scope.  SC even appears to be struggling with the MMORPG aspect.

It looks gorgeous, though.
    BabuinixPanther2103MaxBaconOrinoriStjerneodd

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    edited May 2018
    No matter how much you look, there's nothing like SC, there are games with this or those features, that are also sims, but nothing cumulates to what SC is and is meant to be.

With quite old games like Freelancer and SWG now RIP and missed, it falls on SC to bring some of that back, in a "current-gen" higher quality form.

I see people like on this forum constantly going with those silly rants justifying the support SC gets by stating the backers are victims of this evil person and/or company, so desperately missing the point.

And people on this forum should know this well, we are after all in the reality of a MMO genre that so desperately needs ambition and higher scale development titles, a genre often labeled "dying" that comes from a silly reality of barely new ones to be excited for, and the new ones STILL milking the same formula that is pretty much 2 decades old now!

SC on that aspect, is oxygen, I'm glad it exists and is developing, and glad of its continuous funding success that ensures that, no matter how much noise the haters make against it. ;)
    Stjerneodd
    Babuinix said:

I don't know... space blasters in a Newtonian environment as a MMORPG has been a thing for me since 2003, and that seems to be more than half Star Citizen's core scope.  SC even appears to be struggling with the MMORPG aspect.

You think Star Citizen is a just "Space Blaster" lol?

Really? :D

Why do I even try....
    Kyleran
  • bonzoso21bonzoso21 Member UncommonPosts: 380
    edited May 2018
    Babuinix said:

The thing is--and I will be happy to be proven wrong in this if/when this game is released--I don't think it really matters what the scope and features are. In the end, Star Citizen will still just be a videogame, likely with a successful launch due to mass curiosity but still suffering from a massive drop off of concurrent users within a few months like everything else. 

We Sci-Fi/Fantasy gamers always talk like we want the ultimate "living, breathing" game universe to sink its teeth into us and cause us to abandon our real lives and get all crusty and unkempt like so many did back in their teens/twenties, but nobody I know actually wants that anymore. It could be a big success and the focus of all the water cooler talk for a month, and it could still end up relegated to the same heap as all the other games that have a dedicated fanbase but are quickly forgotten by most. 

And if that's the case, will all that extra stuff have mattered? The 10+ year development cycle, the fully developed original alien languages created by the world's leading linguistic experts, the 500 different ships all with different thruster physics and HUDs and the ability to hang your favorite renaissance paintings on the wall in the cargo hold...it's feature-creep, plain and simple. I truly do hope the masses end up appreciating all that work, but something tells me most players are just going to run past it all on the way to their next mission marker. 
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Babuinix said:
    Babuinix said:

Why do I even try....
    I often wonder that as well, why do you try?

Well, unless you are a relative or something....
    noncley

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701
    any word on when the game comes out?
    noncley
    edited May 2018
    DrunkWolf said:
    Shhhh, never ask that question, it is something which can never be known......

;)
    noncley

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ScotchUpScotchUp Member UncommonPosts: 228
    edited May 2018
    DrunkWolf said:
    Well they have been in alpha for what 3 years now? So beta should take about 2 to 4 more. That is if they ever get to a beta release. :(
    “The reason I talk to myself is because I’m the only one whose answers I accept.”
    George Carlin
  • sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    DrunkWolf said:
    Anytime from two weeks to two decades.
    ScotchUpBruceYee

..Cake..

Kyleran said:
    Babuinix said:
    Babuinix said:

Why do I even try....

To be completely honest I kinda get a kick of making fun of armchair developers and angry gamers between the showcasing of info about Star Citizen which is a project that I backed and like to follow and share info about :D
    Orinori
  • ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,395
    Babuinix said:

If they were competent, the game  would be much further along.   Roberts' grandiose nature won't let him stop micro-managing and adding stuff.   Regardless of its utility of scale. 

Star Citizen, as originally described, would be  a great game.   You'll never see it.  Not in that form.  And the jury's out on what the MVP will hold.  Not without another $75 million!    So get to buying more ships, tanks, dirt, etc. 
    BruceYeeOrinori

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• ScotchUpScotchUp Member UncommonPosts: 228
    Babuinix said:
    Kyleran said:
    Babuinix said:
    Babuinix said:

Why do I even try....

To be completely honest I kinda get a kick of making fun of armchair developers and angry gamers between the showcasing of info about Star Citizen which is a project that I backed and like to follow and share info about :D
    So wouldn't that be covered under the troll definition?
    Kyleran
    “The reason I talk to myself is because I’m the only one whose answers I accept.”
    George Carlin
    ScotchUp said:
    Babuinix said:
    Kyleran said:
    Babuinix said:
    Babuinix said:

Why do I even try....

So wouldn't that be covered under the troll definition?
    Trolls. White Knights, opposite sides of the same coin really.

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    edited May 2018
    Kyleran said:
    The hell you smoking? Trolls and white knights aren't sides of the same coin, there are trolls on both sides of the same coin and "white-knights" on both sides of the same coin.

Normally known as a hater, that when not a troll, is just a white-knight of the "con" narrative.
    Kyleran
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    MaxBacon said:
    Kyleran said:
    The hell you smoking? Trolls and white knights aren't sides of the same coin, there are trolls on both sides of the same coin and "white-knights" on both sides of the same coin.

Normally known as a hater, that when not a troll, is just a white-knight of the "con" narrative.
    Well, Babuinix does come awfully close to trolling people that aren't "on board" in all fairness.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• EldurianEldurian Member EpicPosts: 2,736
    edited May 2018
    A common narrative on these boards from the trolls is "Chris Roberts could drag someone out in the street and shoot them in broad daylight and SC fans would defend him."

In all reality though, I think the game could be finished and bug free tomorrow with 300% of what was promised and the trolls would still be saying "Not far enough along, nothing but vaporware. CR pocketed all the money!"

The fact anyone with SC can go right now, hop in a ship, fight NPCs and players in space, land it on a planet with no loading screen, and then run around that planet on foot or in a planetary vehicle engaging in FPS combat with other infantry vehicles or even ships in the air counts for nothing?

Because honestly I had my doubts they would ever pull something like this off when they started talking about infantry combat in the kickstarter. This crap is groundbreaking.
    BabuinixFrodoFragins
  • renstarensta Member RarePosts: 728
    Eldurian said:
    A common narrative on these boards from the trolls is "Chris Roberts could drag someone out in the street and shoot them in broad daylight and SC fans would defend him."

In all reality though, I think the game could be finished and bug free tomorrow with 300% of what was promised and the trolls would still be saying "Not far enough along, nothing but vaporware. CR pocketed all the money!"

The fact anyone with SC can go right now, hop in a ship, fight NPCs and players in space, land it on a planet with no loading screen, and then run around that planet on foot or in a planetary vehicle engaging in FPS combat with other infantry vehicles or even ships in the air counts for nothing?

Because honestly I had my doubts they would ever pull something like this off when they started talking about infantry combat in the kickstarter. This crap is groundbreaking.
    Do you actually have content while doing all those?
    How many planets? 
    Can 100,000 players play at once without serious lags in the "verse" ?
    These are the core things that were promised.
    For now, you have some few planets, half assed content and a buggy laggy gameplay experience that cant support 1,000 in the same server at once properly.

I still doubt this game will ever be as promised, at best you will get 5-10 planets and game lobbys that support 1,000 people per "shard".

You also forget to account for the time and money that is available at their disposal.
    It will soon be 7 years!! 7 freaking years! and they have some half assed buggy demo of the thing that was promised.
    They should of been at least properly Beta testing with all features available and promising full release at 2019.
    This game will get awarded for the "longest in development". 

BabuinixnoncleyFrodoFragins

Basically clicking away text windows ruins every MMO, try to have fun instead of rushing things. Without story and lore all there is left is a bunch of mechanics.
    Add Multi-Quote

• sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    You had doubts 500 devs and 180mil could get an FPS engine do FPS combat?

anyway..

The no loading screens is great so are the graphics... but that's about it.

The problem is that the actual gameplay is bad.
    The FPS in space feels crap compared to a game that does it well.. like ED.
    The FPS on foot is also crap compared to a game that does it well.. like R6:Siege.
    The world is uninspiring and cringey as hell.
    The Pay To Win is unlike any other game.
    The gameplay mechanics like quests and reasons for doing things are generic and boring.
    CIG has proven they can make a pretty game but they've still to prove they can actually create good gameplay.

I expect some of the above to be corrected by the time this game releases in 3-4 years time (hopefully).

BruceYeeBabuinixnoncley

..Cake..

edited May 2018
    sgel said:
    You had doubts 500 devs and 180mil could get an FPS engine do FPS combat?

anyway..

The no loading screens is great so are the graphics... but that's about it.

The problem is that the actual gameplay is bad.
    The FPS in space feels crap compared to a game that does it well.. like ED.
    The FPS on foot is also crap compared to a game that does it well.. like R6:Siege.
    The world is uninspiring and cringey as hell.
    The Pay To Win is unlike any other game.
    The gameplay mechanics like quests and reasons for doing things are generic and boring.
    CIG has proven they can make a pretty game but they've still to prove they can actually create good gameplay.

I expect some of the above to be corrected by the time this game releases in 3-4 years time (hopefully).
    The fact that you are being ignorant enough to compare finished products with work in development says a lot. I'm talking about game systems, like the Flying, FPS feel etc, not content btw.

Saying that the "world is unispiring and cringey as hell" and "P2W unlike any other" is your personal opinion and maybe that should give you a strong hint that this game is not for your and never will be... 

Not all games are for everyone, and that's Ok because games that are made to cater everybody usually suck ;)