Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Seven hundred and twenty bucks for the A2? Go **** yourself, Chris.

Comments

• BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265
    Almost at 185$Millions guys. We gonna pass it today keep it up. More haters More backing lol  :D
    ErillionAngel_Pierononcley
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Babuinix said:
    Almost at 185$Millions guys. We gonna pass it today keep it up. More haters More backing lol  :D
    Does appear to be the case.

Weird
    PhryBabuinix

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• EldrachEldrach Member RarePosts: 416
    edited May 2018
    I bought the 40 dollar starting package back in the day. But seeing what the game has developed into..I can honestly say i'll probably play Squadron 42 and then leave it at that. Unless they  make servers that doesn't allow any of the pre-paid stuff
    noncleyStjerneoddTurrican187
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    MaxBacon said:
    Kefo said:
    Yep no way possible CR is paying himself a huge salary to match his over inflated ego and all the family employed as well aren’t taking a huge salary as well. 
    It's irrelevant to my point, because the development team itself on the default numbers they have, even UNDER industry averages, are already more than what they fund yearly, hence my point against some usual ridiculous arguments I've noticed here.
    Not really irrelevant since you were ranting about it being impossible that CIG is fleecing people. You can still fleece people for a shit ton of money and then take a huge salary for yourself while paying people under the industry average.
    MaxBacon
  • IncomparableIncomparable Member UncommonPosts: 1,138
    edited May 2018
    Babuinix said:
    ScotchUp said:
    Is 45 too much? For a game after 5 plus years, and still not in beta, I would say yeah. Do I want the game to release, of course. But what I really need to know after all this time is exactly where all the money is going. There just no logical reason Chris Roberts isn't allowing us to see the books opened. After, all that is what he promised us in writing and signed.

Oh and please do not insult me about gaming companies taking this or that long. The whole reason Roberts said this way was better was getting away from those gaming companies. He really needs to finally come clean open the books and show us how much is still available and how much went to their bank accounts.
    Makes you wonder why he hasnt released a single player version of the game already.

They already split the game, makes sense to release a single player game in a timely manner.

Yet, there is suppose to be a reason why they have not...
    Maybe, just maybe it's scope also evolved with more funding, and more tech availability (pg planetary landings for ex) they are still developing it...

Why people feel this need that games that seem interesting need to "COME OUT NOW SO THAT I CAN PLAY" when waiting is not that hard really. Being impatient is a sign of immaturity being oblivious on purpose a sign of ignorance. 

God Bless Gaming forums, I guess  B)
    Wouldn't that be the excuse for all games? Yet they have to cater to the general expectations and timelime.

Maybe, you would be happy waiting even 10 years to get a nice game. Thats fine for you, but as a business they have to go with the business norms of expectations.

If a game takes 5 years to develop it will have a certain amount of content.

SO the longer they take, does that mean the more single player game content will be released?

Even though the price might indicate a certain value, but by waiting for so long people will have expectations, and based on those expectations it will make the game a success or not if the game lives up to those expectations.

So waiting for better tech sounds like a big risk, that only a few devs would bother waiting out on. (also wasnt part of the pitch of SC being developed because the tech was already available to start development?)

Also the idea of a game taking longer, the more content there should be, also makes sense, especially when they are still paying salaries to developers.

There should be a balance on professionalism and meeting timelines of what people expect and not releasing too early. Developing a single player game for 4.5 years is not bad at all, but hearing how there is no official release date as well, is not reassuring either for a game that has almost 200 million of crowdfunding money.

“Write bad things that are done to you in sand, but write the good things that happen to you on a piece of marble”

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Kyleran said:
    Babuinix said:
    Does appear to be the case.

Weird
    SC seems to be the exception to so many rules that it doesn't pay to think about it too hard ;)
    KyleranArglebargle
  • ScotchUpScotchUp Member UncommonPosts: 228
    Mikeha said:
    People still follow this game?
    That's just it, there is NO GAME!
    BabuinixMikehanoncleymrputtsalkarionlog
    “The reason I talk to myself is because I’m the only one whose answers I accept.”
    George Carlin
    edited May 2018
    goobsnews said:
    Mikeha said:
    People still follow this game?
    Yeah 2 camps, people who make fun of the people who think this is still coming out after all these years, and the people who think this is still coming out after all these years. Pretty sure CR just fleeced more people for hundreds of dollars for the amazing chance of having dinner with him...its on par with richard garriott selling his own blood to finance his own shitshow, shroud of avatars.
    Chris better have security, not saying he needs it. But with no real game in site for a long time, some people may want to get some real truth. Chris, I may not trust or believe what you say anymore, just please stay safe during that dinner. You never know where a crazy may turn up.
    BabuinixMaxBacon
    “The reason I talk to myself is because I’m the only one whose answers I accept.”
    George Carlin
    Babuinix said:
    That is if you believe that chart. Sorry, but all that chart shows is what Chris wants people to see. What backers want is the truth to verify his chart. Also if money from backers are going 100% to the game then show it. Backers have the right to know everything.
    BabuinixMaxBacon
    George Carlin
    Yawn....

Every 2 Weeks or so another 90 days top clown goes around parroting doomsdays lol

First it was idiotic then became sad now it's just funny lol

I'm sure Chris is very worried :D

Orinorinoncley
  • PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072
    Kyleran said:
    Orinori said:
    I got to go do more worthwhile things but I will leave the short version of this instead.

Free market capitalism
    Supply and demand

You are welcome. 
    This is incredibly facile. This same mentality resulted in Enron and innumerable other scandals since the advent of mercantilism.

Welcome to the 21st century. 
    No, he was pretty spot on, he just overlooked the principle of  pricing segementation,  which clearly CRs business team has a firm grasp of.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://pragmaticpricing.com/2010/04/21/price-segmentation-introduction-and-id-for-discount/&ved=2ahUKEwjiypjS0fLaAhXSvVMKHaOfDYkQFjABegQICRAB&usg=AOvVaw1znxtnA66A59cjERDPwJRW
    ...And my point is we've seen what the free market has resulted in time and again; hence my (over the top) allusion to Enron.

Business has changed radically in the last two decades, let alone in the legal environment. The Sarbanes-Oxley act was passed in 2002.

The most free wheeling entrepreneur today wouldn't advocate laissez-faire economics (totally free market), because we've tried that since the 18th century and seen where it leads.  Let me clarify: the most free wheeling entrepreneur that isn't looking to scam as much money as he can and get away with it.

Businesses that don't have a clear mission statement often are suggested to go with the boiler plate definition of "to maximize shareholder value".  Guess what?  No holds barred economics isn't how you maximize shareholder value.  There are checks and brakes set in place for very good reason. 

You can't just hand wave Chris' behavior away with 'well, it's a free market, don't like it don't buy it'.  The picture is far more complex than that invoking everything from crowdfunding legislation to sales contact law, herd behavior and marketing tactics.
    OrinoriStjerneoddMaxBacon

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Babuinix said:
    Yawn....

Every 2 Weeks or so another 90 days top clown goes around parroting doomsdays lol

First it was idiotic then became sad now it's just funny lol

I'm sure Chris is very worried :D

You do realize with every passing day your position becomes more tenuous right?

This game started in development back in 2011, how long seriously are fans willing to wait?

Endlessly it seems.....
    noncleyArglebargle

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

edited May 2018
    Kyleran said:
    You do realize with every passing day your position becomes more tenuous right?

This game started in development back in 2011, how long seriously are fans willing to wait?

Endlessly it seems.....
    Nah it actually started in 1996 :D

Fans will have to wait whatever it takes, it's not their choice when the game is "ready" but to back it or not.

If you aren't willing to endure the wait just stay away from crowdfunding and stick to "released" games.

Again, e-bitching around ad nauseum wont change a thing lol
    PhaserlightnoncleyEldurianKyleran
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    edited May 2018
    Its easy ...

if you do not like this crowdfunding project, do not back it.

If you did back it and do not like it anymore, get a refund.

The CCP development team of EVE Online has a wise piece of advice applicable to this case:

"Excellent is what we strive to be. If you going to follow us to the top, HTFU !"

For those that like Star Citizen - See ya in the 'Verse

Have fun

PS:

Lyrics - because = AWESOME !

https://genius.com/Permaband-htfu-lyrics

BabuinixOrinoriKyleran
  • jonp200jonp200 Member UncommonPosts: 457
    Given all the dollars collected, I'm sure he doesn't have to do himself.  He can pays someone to do it for him.... 

Seaspite
    Playing ESO on my X-Box

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    jonp200 said:
    Given all the dollars collected, I'm sure he doesn't have to do himself.  He can pays someone to do it for him.... 
    Goes to show that you completely misunderstand his character.

Have fun 
  • PottedPlant22PottedPlant22 Member RarePosts: 800
    Erillion said:
    jonp200 said:

Have fun 
    nah.  I think most people know exactly his character and his wife's for that matter.

Have fun
  • MidPrincessMidPrincess Member UncommonPosts: 89
    Erillion said:
    jonp200 said:

Have fun 
    So....you're suggesting that YOU understand his character?  Sorry bud, but that's an awfully inflated ego, that makes a statement like that.

Almost there folks! Keep it up! B)
  • EldurianEldurian Member EpicPosts: 2,736
    Screw the ship. When do those tanks go on sale? I want myself some of that shit.
    Kyleran
  • ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member EpicPosts: 2,193
    TEKK3N said:
    Kumapon said:
    What are you talking about, this game is awesome... :p

At least the elevator is working...well sort of.
    Wonkivator
    Eldurian said:
    Screw the ship. When do those tanks go on sale? I want myself some of that shit.
    I think one of the ship variants comes with a tank, go for it! :D

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    lol when he fail do deliver it will be a hell of a funny thing, wonder how the forums will go
    noncley
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    There is no shame any more on what companies will charge for cash shop items. 

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

lol when he fail do deliver it will be a hell of a funny thing, wonder how the forums will go
    Even more funnier is seeing the constant wave of airborne ignorants who know nothing about the project and dismiss it because something they've read on a forum year after year lol

Thanks for the attention nonetheless!

Phaserlightnoncley