Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Seven hundred and twenty bucks for the A2? Go **** yourself, Chris.

noncleynoncley Member UncommonPosts: 718
The Banu MM was two hundred bucks. This is a shitty price gouge. Spend more time finishing the game - or at least allowing characters to be different sizes and shapes - or you don't get another cent from me, you potato-headed sack of pudding. Also, get someone who can write to review the dialogue - it's pure fanfic shit.
laxie[Deleted User]KyleranPhaserlightBabuinixSeelinnikoiScotchUpIselinScotStrizzy12and 13 others.

Comments

• TEKK3NTEKK3N Member RarePosts: 1,115
    What took you so long?
    Octagon7711[Deleted User]LeFantomecraftseekerShodanasgoobsnewsSinsaiJemAs666
  • KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563
    What are you talking about, this game is awesome... :p

TEKK3NnoncleyVrikaOctagon7711laxieErillionPhaserlightwarsaber1375Tybostklash2defand 37 others.
    Kumapon said:

At least the elevator is working...well sort of.
    KumaponOctagon7711natpickBabuinixAegirisangerbeaverLeFantomeSeelinnikoiScotchUpStrizzy12and 5 others.
  • MadCoderOneMadCoderOne Member UncommonPosts: 220
    Kumapon said:

ok that was funny

Octagon7711warsaber1375Babuinixbartoni33Seelinnikoi
  • Turrican187Turrican187 Member UncommonPosts: 787
    Nyctelios said:
    I'm pretty sure CR don't use this forum. 

And about the rant/ It's simple: Don't pay.

The game is not done. Don't spend anything if you expect a complete product. Hell, I'm following the project closely and that's why I'm not a backer - but I'll be playing for sure when/if it launches.
    We follow it for the lulz :D

When you have cake, it is not the cake that creates the most magnificent of experiences, but it is the emotions attached to it.
    The cake is a lie.

• natpicknatpick Member UncommonPosts: 271
    Kumapon said:

now that was funny wether you like the game or not.
    SovrathMrMelGibson
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Kumapon said:

Who needs a whole spaceship when you can just ride your lift all the way into space?
    maskedweasel
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    Pay to Win

Or call it pay to get ahead or pay for convenience, same thing these days if black desert is anything to go by

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    Maybe some people some day will understand what voluntary crowdfunding is. Not today, obviously....

Have fun

BabuinixMellowTiggerFrodoFraginsXarkoMrMelGibson
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Erillion said:
    Maybe some people some day will understand what voluntary crowdfunding is. Not today, obviously....

Have fun

In the case of Star Citizen, it appears to be a mild form of insanity.
    Phaserlightcraftseeker
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    edited May 2018
    Kumapon said:

Fanboy response:

Look behind you, it's a 
    Phaserlight
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Pay to Win

Not in this case. It's just pay to pay.
    ArglebarglesgelangerbeaverSeelinnikoifrostymugStrizzy12NephethCazrielPanther2103Xarkoand 1 other.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,395
    Erillion said:

Have fun

Maybe some day, some people will understand what cult branding is.   And acknowledge it.  Not today, obviously.

Guess some of that LA Hollywood PR stuff rubbed off on CR.   And if you have a willing horse, beat him another mile....
    sgelnoncleygoobsnews[Deleted User]

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    DMKano said:
    And people were throwing fits over $150 ArcheAge Alpha pack.... lol

Yeah.
    At least Archeage offered shitloads of interesting gameplay mechanics.
    SC is still incredibly generically boring.
    Seelinnikoi

..Cake..

sgel said:
    DMKano said:

Yeah.
    Obviously you speak for yourself.

For me and my friends Star Citizen is anything but boring. So maybe its not the game ;-)

Have fun
    PhaserlightFrodoFraginsSlyLoKKyleran
  • mrputtsmrputts Member UncommonPosts: 283
    LOL, and here I am patently waiting on release not spending any of my money. Fools need to be parted from their money somehow I guess.

Ea is like a poo fingered midas ~ShakyMo

• sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    Erillion said:
    sgel said:
    DMKano said:

Yeah.
    Obviously you speak for yourself.
    Who else would I be speaking for?

SeelinnikoinoncleyMrMelGibson

..Cake..

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    Kefo said:
    Kumapon said:

Who needs a whole spaceship when you can just ride your lift all the way into space?
    we call it a space lift

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610
    The game is in alpha.. still I know.  But it is what it is.  If you want a ship without earning it in-game and you want to help them continue to staff employees to develop the game, then buy it.  If not.  Kindly go frig off =)
    ErillionAngel_Piero
  • BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265
    Jeez gota love the random weekenders ignorant rants ...

Asks for "spend time finishing the game" then asks for 
    "Characthers of different sizes and shapes"

:D facepam::gif
    noncley
    mrputts said:
    LOL, and here I am patently waiting on release not spending any of my money. Fools need to be parted from their money somehow I guess.
    Those "fools" are the ones that make it possible that YOU one day can buy a finished game on release day. Because without those "fools" and a crowdfunding campaign you would have no Star Citizen game to buy on release day.

See ya In The 'Verse!

Have fun 
    BabuinixMellowTiggerAngel_Piero
    Erillion said:
    mrputts said:
    Those "fools" are the ones that make it possible that YOU one day can buy a finished game on release day. Because without those "fools" and a crowdfunding campaign you would have no Star Citizen game to buy on release day.

See ya In The 'Verse!

Have fun 
    I get your point and half agree with it.
    But with everything there is something called moderation, and another called accountability.

The risk of throwing money indiscriminately to a game developer is that you might end up not having a game or getting a truly shit game.
    Let me elaborate on this.

If you can sell a 3D model of a ship for $720, being an entrepreneur would it make more sense putting more effort  in building the game or designing more ships to sell?
    Don't you see a pattern in SC business strategy?
    Do you really need 1000 Ships before the game is even in Alpha?
    Never crossed you mind that maybe they just want to sell you ships because it is more profitable than making an actual game?

Look at Shroud of the Avatar, all they did was selling house plots instead of focusing on the game.
    The results are not great, because instead of focusing on making a better game they were busy organizing telethons or thinking about things to sell.
    The game is basically a mash up of Unity assets, nothing more.
    That's what you want from SC?

As a fan you should be worried and ask questions.
    I bought a $69 Dollar package many years ago, I was one of the first wave of supporters because I was a fan of Wing Commander, since then I didn't spend a single penny more.
    I contributed but I didn't want them to be complacent by giving them all my money upfront.

Supporting a game that already made $150 millions is bonkers.
    $150 millions are more than enough to make a game don't you think?
    Don't you think it is time to held Chris Roberts accountable for those $150 millions?
    bartoni33PhaserlightKefoSeelinnikoiRicardo5802SlyLoKAethaerynKyleranAngel_PieroPanther2103and 1 other.
  • ManestreamManestream Member UncommonPosts: 941
    Nyctelios said:

The game is not done. Don't spend anything if you expect a complete product. Hell, I'm following the project closely and that's why I'm not a backer - but I'll be playing for sure when/if it launches.
    How much do you think the game will cost when it does launch? £500+ for the basic edition going upto 1000's for the better versions and then have to buy ships in game for 100's. Bah aint gonna give someone money for that shit
    DarkpigeonAsm0deus
  • TalulaRoseTalulaRose Member RarePosts: 1,247
    TEKK3N said:
    Erillion said:
    mrputts said:

See ya In The 'Verse!

Have fun 
    I get your point and half agree with it.
    But with everything there is something called moderation, and another called accountability.

The risk of throwing money indiscriminately to a game developer is that you might end up not having a game or getting a truly shit game.
    Let me elaborate on this.

If you can sell a 3D model of a ship for $720, being an entrepreneur would it make more sense putting more effort  in building the game or designing more ships to sell?
    Don't you see a pattern in SC business strategy?
    Do you really need 1000 Ships before the game is even in Alpha?
    Never crossed you mind that maybe they just want to sell you ships because it is more profitable than making an actual game?

Look at Shroud of the Avatar, all they did was selling house plots instead of focusing on the game.
    The results are not great, because instead of focusing on making a better game they were busy organizing telethons or thinking about things to sell.
    The game is basically a mash up of Unity assets, nothing more.
    That's what you want from SC?

As a fan you should be worried and ask questions.
    I bought a $69 Dollar package many years ago, I was one of the first wave of supporters because I was a fan of Wing Commander, since then I didn't spend a single penny more.
    I contributed but I didn't want them to be complacent by giving them all my money upfront.

Supporting a game that already made $150 millions is bonkers.
    $150 millions are more than enough to make a game don't you think?
    Don't you think it is time to held Chris Roberts accountable for those $150 millions?
    Obvious answer is no. The SC backers are suffering the same mania as trump supporters.

angerbeaverBabuinixDarkpigeonMrMelGibson
    Nyctelios said:

How much do you think the game will cost when it does launch? £500+ for the basic edition going upto 1000's for the better versions and then have to buy ships in game for 100's. Bah aint gonna give someone money for that shit
    It costs 35 $. Go see for yourself on the official homepage.

Have fun